Interoperability demos on 400ZR, CEI-112G, FlexE and IC-TROSA; OIF experts to lead panel discussions and OIF to Host "Cu (see you) Beyond 112 Gbps" Workshop
OIF will host one of the largest interoperability demos in its history reflecting the ongoing significance of OIFs work in addressing global network challenges. Twenty industry-leading system vendors, component vendors and test equipment vendors will demonstrate critical insight into how key technologies 400ZR, Common Electrical I/O (CEI)-112G, Flex Ethernet (FlexE) and Integrated Coherent Transmit-Receive Optical Sub Assembly (IC-TROSA) interoperate within the industrys ecosystem at OFC 2020 in San Diego, March 10-12, 2020 (booth #6221).
Participating companies include Acacia Communications, Amphenol, Arista Networks, Cadence Design Systems, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Credo Semiconductor (HK) LTD, Fujitsu Optical Components, II-VI, Inphi Corporation, Juniper Networks, Keysight Technologies, Marvell, Microchip, Molex, NeoPhotonics, Samtec, Inc., Spirent Communications, TE Connectivity, VIAVI Solutions and Yamaichi Electronics.
"The participation level by 20 companies in this years interoperability demos for 400ZR, CEI-112G, FlexE and IC-TROSA, is a true reflection of our enduring leadership and evidence that these technologies continue to be the preeminent focus areas for our member companies," explained Steve Sekel of Keysight and OIFs Physical and Link Layer (PLL) Interoperability Working Group (WG) Chair. "We are eager to showcase the advancements that these technologies and our work have made over the past year."
OIF has defined the 400ZR interface that provides interoperability of coherent optical interfaces for data center interconnect applications. The demo will show first time ever operation of 400ZR equipment from multiple system and module vendors and in multiple pluggable form factors.
The CEI-112G demo will feature interoperating channels, components and silicon that demonstrate the CEI-112G-XSR, CEI-112G-VSR, CEI-112G-MR and CEI-112G-LR draft implementation agreements. Demonstrating interoperability for extra short reach channels is important to support the co-packaging developments that are expected to be discussed throughout the week at OFC. Interoperable very short reach, medium reach and long reach channels and silicon are also critical to support the developing 112 Gbps equipment that is expected to come to market soon. These updated demos surpass what OIF has demonstrated in the past with additional member contributions and continue to build on the developing ecosystem of products coming to market to support CEI-112G.
The FlexE demo that will be on display incorporates FlexE silicon operating with multiple test equipment and interoperating over a 400 Gbps fiber network that will be deployed on the show floor between the Ethernet Alliance booth and the OIF booth. This reflects further developments that are taking place in the FlexE market since the previous OIF FlexE demos.
The IC-TROSA features all the optical building blocks for a coherent module in a single package. This demo will highlight important aspects of IC-TROSA integration as well as real-time EVM measurements with the updated script for 400ZR.
An additional point of interest will be a static display of coherent optical components which will emphasize the role of OIF in the coherent optical marketplace over the past 10 years.
OIF @ OFC 2020 Activities
OIF experts will participate in two panels at OFC 2020 that feature the latest updates on critical technologies that work to enable a more efficient and reliable network.
"400ZR Specification Update" Tuesday, 10 March, 13:30 14:30, Theater III
Moderator: Karl Gass, OIF PLL WG Vice Chair Optical
Speakers include: Josef Berger, Inphi Corporation; Masahiro Mogi, Fujitsu Optical Components; Gert Sarlet, II-VI; Marc Stiller, NeoPhotonics and Markus Weber, Acacia Communications
Industry experts from OIF will lead a panel discussion of representatives from the DSP, optics, equipment and end user communities on the conflicting demands for a near-term, high-volume, interoperable, moderate reach, coherent 400G optical link. The session will also include an update on OIFs project to define a 400ZR link specification.
"112 Gbps Electrical Interfaces An OIF update on CEI-112G" Wednesday, 11 March, 16:15 17:00, Theater II
Moderator: Nathan Tracy, OIF President, TE Connectivity
Speakers include: Ed Frlan, OIF Technical Committee Chair, Semtech, Corp.; Mike Li, OIF Board, Intel; Cathy Liu, OIF Board, Broadcom, Inc.; Gary Nicholl, OIF Board, Cisco; Steve Sekel, OIF PLL Interoperability WG Chair, Keysight Technologies
OIF experts will lead a panel discussion on the ongoing CEI-112G electrical interface development projects, and the new architectures they will enable including chiplet packaging, co-packaged optics and internal cable-based solutions. The panel will provide an update on the multiple interfaces being defined by OIF including CEI-112G MCM, XSR, VSR, MR and LR for 112 Gbps applications of die-to-die, chip-to-module, chip-to-chip and long reach over backplane and cables.
"Cu (see you) Beyond 112 Gbps" Workshop Thursday, 12 March, 12:00-17:30, Hilton San Diego Gaslamp, 401 K St (across from the SD Convention Center), San Diego, Ca.
OIF will hold a half-day workshop "Cu (see you) Beyond 112 Gbps" featuring experts from Arista, Broadcom, Inc., Cisco, Facebook, Google, Innovium, Intel, MACOM and TE Connectivity discussing the needs and challenges for electrical interfaces beyond 112 Gbps. Registration required:
Check the status of OIFs current work here.
OIF is where the optical networking industrys interoperability work gets done. Building on 20 years of effecting forward change in the industry, OIF represents the dynamic ecosystem of 100+ industry leading network operators, system vendors, component vendors and test equipment vendors collaborating to develop interoperable electrical, optical and control solutions that directly impact the industrys ecosystem and facilitate global connectivity in the open network world. Connect with OIF at @OIForum, on LinkedIn and at http://www.oiforum.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200218005625/en/
Leah WilkinsonWilkinson + Associates for OIFEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 703-907-0010
- An Entrepreneurial Ecosystem on the Rise - Babson Thought & Action - May 31st, 2020
- Poaching in Indonesia's biodiverse Leuser Ecosystem on the rise amid COVID-19 - Mongabay.com - May 31st, 2020
- Anchoviesand Their PredatorsHelp Researcher Solve Ecosystem Mysteries - The Pew Charitable Trusts - May 31st, 2020
- How EcoMotion evolved from 'unconference' to ecosystem - Automotive News - May 31st, 2020
- Weeds get a bad rap, but many are crucial to the ecosystem - CBC.ca - May 31st, 2020
- driverplus Joins the Automate with Velodyne Ecosystem - The Auto Channel - May 31st, 2020
- Idriverplus Joins the "Automate with Velodyne" Ecosystem - Financial Post - May 31st, 2020
- Smart Command plumbing eco-system expanded to deliver greater insight into bathroom water usage - Architecture AU - May 31st, 2020
- LabCorp Accelerates Adoption of Decentralized Clinical Trials, Expands Technology Ecosystem Through Alliance With Medable - Business Wire - May 31st, 2020
- Ecosystem thinking is the path to future growth - AV Magazine - May 31st, 2020
- ForgeRock supports Telkomsel to secure its customer identities and power digital ecosystem ambitions - GlobeNewswire - May 31st, 2020
- lucy zakharova + ted lu design ocean capsules to help restore the aquatic ecosystem - Designboom - May 31st, 2020
- 5G Wireless Ecosystem Market to Witness the Highest Growth Globally in Coming Years 2020-2026 - Cole of Duty - May 31st, 2020
- AI in BFSI Ecosystem Market Research Report 2020: Key Players, Applications, Drivers, Trends and Forecast to 2026 - WaterCloud News - May 31st, 2020
- 'Regenerative agriculture could reduce volatility in the feed system' - FeedNavigator.com - May 31st, 2020
- ICSB event on Covid19 and its impact - The Financial Express - May 31st, 2020
- Need to monitor Chinas role in Indian ecosystem - The Tribune India - May 15th, 2020
- Sharp and the 8K Ecosystem - Display Daily - May 15th, 2020
- Huawei Partners With Carmakers to Build 5G-Enabled Automobile Ecosystem - Caixin Global - May 15th, 2020
- Cyberbank Group Expand New Cloud-Based Digital Asset Solutions - Yahoo Finance - May 15th, 2020
- Key drivers changing the banking ecosystem landscape - FinTech Magazine - The FinTech & InsurTech Platform - May 15th, 2020
- Articles - The power of the ecosystem - Actuarial Post - May 15th, 2020
- Mobile Phone Insurance Ecosystem Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 15th, 2020
- Atari Teams Up with Arkane Network to Integrate the Atari Token Across Digital Entertainment Ecosystem - GlobeNewswire - May 15th, 2020
- How Coronavirus Is Impacting The V2X (Vehicle-to-Everything) Communications Ecosystem: 2019 2030 3w Market News Reports - 3rd Watch News - May 15th, 2020
- Microsoft announces definitive agreement to acquire Metaswitch Networks, expanding approach to empower operators and partner with network equipment... - May 15th, 2020
- Privacy And Information Are The New Cloud Currency And Google Owns The Mint - Forbes - May 15th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on the World's Cybersecurity Industry, Major Verticals, Regions and Key Vendors (2019-2021): Optimistic/as-is/Pessimistic Scenarios... - May 15th, 2020
- Is Ethereum 2.0 really the next big wave in the crypto-ecosystem? - AMBCrypto - May 15th, 2020
- Review of Facing the Anthropocene: Fossil Capitalism and the Crisis of the Earth System - Resilience - May 11th, 2020
- Analysis: Hellish reality of modern information ecosystem presents particular danger during pandemic - CNN - May 11th, 2020
- MOXY Is A Non-Partisan Online Ecosystem To Inform And Engage You In Politics - Android Headlines - May 11th, 2020
- Humio Joins the IBM Edge Ecosystem to Bring Real-Time Insights to Organizations Deploying Edge Computing - DevOps.com - May 11th, 2020
- Square Still Represents a Very Attractive Investment - TheStreet - May 11th, 2020
- Pakistan is one of the fastest emerging startup ecosystem in Asia, McKinsey & Co - Technology Times Pakistan - May 11th, 2020
- Revealed: Plants Molecular Alarm System That Protects Them From Predators - SciTechDaily - May 11th, 2020
- The Rise of the Modern Tech Ecosystem | Sponsored Content | Tech-Talk Webinar, On-Demand - eMarketer - April 26th, 2020
- UAE- Formula One paying teams to protect 'ecosystem' - MENAFN.COM - April 26th, 2020
- How Facebook is logging into the Reliance Jio ecosystem - Economic Times - April 26th, 2020
- Interactive Graphic: Salafi Jihadi Ecosystem In The Sahel - Critical Threats Project - April 26th, 2020
- What will it take for the micro-entrepreneurial ecosystem to survive the crisis that has been amplified by COV - YourStory - April 26th, 2020
- The federal IT service provider of Germany relies on Cloudogu EcoSystem - PR Web - April 26th, 2020
- Treehouse Village overnights available this summer at Metroparks Toledos Oak Openings Preserve - cleveland.com - April 26th, 2020
- Apple Pay outage preventing some users from paying their Apple Card bill and more - 9to5Mac - April 26th, 2020
- Why Cash App Can Drive Square's Valuation Much Higher - Seeking Alpha - April 26th, 2020
- COVID-19 has positive impact on Thailand's ecosystem - Pattaya Mail - April 26th, 2020
- Pasadenas mayor reflects on the pandemics strictures - The Pasadena Star-News - April 26th, 2020
- One in 3 death certificates were wrong before coronavirus. It's about to get even worse. - USA TODAY - April 26th, 2020
- RT-Thread RTOS Creates a New Model of the Real-Time Operating System - IT News Online - April 26th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact on the Global Industrial Robotics Market - Expected to Grow at a CAGR of 10.4% During 2020-2025; Down by ~3% on the Pre-COVID-19... - April 26th, 2020
- The Extinction Crisis Devastating San Francisco Bay - The Nation - April 26th, 2020
- How Coronavirus Is Impacting The SDN, NFV & Network Virtualization Ecosystem: 2017 2030 - Cole of Duty - April 26th, 2020
- Education Ecosystem with Unified Technology Market Countries Analysis Report 2020 by Industry Size, Share, Growth Rate and Revenue - Latest Herald - April 26th, 2020
- Potential Impact of COVID-19 on Research Report prospects the HetNet Ecosystem Market - Jewish Life News - April 26th, 2020
- The Coming Ecosystem Collapse Is Already Here for Coral - The New Republic - April 17th, 2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic Linked to Destruction of Wildlife and World's Ecosystems - EcoWatch - April 17th, 2020
- A new venture studio is aiming to foster the development of the Algorand ecosystem - CryptoSlate - April 17th, 2020
- Ethereum Tops DApp Ecosystem in Q1 Followed by Tron and EOS: DappRadar Report - Bitcoin Exchange Guide - April 17th, 2020
- New report reveals a growing and diverse VR/AR ecosystem in B.C., but challenges loom - BCBusiness - April 17th, 2020
- Meet the businesses collaborating for the good of the SME ecosystem | News - Speciality Food - April 17th, 2020
- Coronavirus pandemic will hit the tech startup ecosystem hard but there is hope - SiliconANGLE - April 2nd, 2020
- Hardware Threats to an IoT Ecosystem - IoT For All - April 2nd, 2020
- Mozilla to extend Coil support in the Firefox Reality ecosystem - Neowin - April 2nd, 2020
- Secure Technology Alliance Publishes White Paper on Mobile Driver's Licenses and Emerging Ecosystem - GlobeNewswire - April 2nd, 2020
- Plague is a significant source of mortality in pumas in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem - Outbreak News Today - April 2nd, 2020
- How to EcoSystem-ize Your PCs & Laptops to Reduce Carbon Footprint and Boost Productivity - News & Features - April 2nd, 2020
- In Other Waters review - PC Gamer - April 2nd, 2020
- The startup ecosystem gets its ACT together, sets up fund to help fight COVID-19 - Moneycontrol - April 2nd, 2020
- Mobile accessory brand juice creates its own global ecosystem - Packaging News - April 2nd, 2020
- Paradigm Is Biggest Winner of MakerDAO Lending Systems MKR Governance Tokens, to Cover $4.5 Million of Undercollaterized Debt - Crowdfund Insider - April 2nd, 2020
- CSP Cloud-native Technology Adoption & K8s Ecosystem Report 2020 - CSPs' 5G Success Will Depend on Having a Low-Cost, Fast-to-Deploy and Scalable... - April 2nd, 2020
- AUSABLE WATER WISE: Ecosystem engineers of the river channel | News, Sports, Jobs - Lake Placid News - April 2nd, 2020
- Rebooting The Global Economy After Coronavirus: Physical Scarcity To Digital Abundance - Forbes - April 2nd, 2020
- Bitcoin (BTC) Ecosystem Healthier than 2014 and BitMEX Research Explains Why - U.Today - April 2nd, 2020
- CDFW Awards $37 Million for Ecosystem and Watershed Restoration, Protection and Scientific Study Projects - CDFW News - March 26th, 2020
- Here's how healthcare can build effective ecosystem for innovation, entrepreneurship - India Today - March 26th, 2020
- Neo Foundation unlocks 1.66 million NEO to fund development of ecosystem - NEO News Today - March 26th, 2020
- Sony expands its Smart Agriculture Solution ecosystem - Successful Farming - March 26th, 2020
- Madrid: A city turning eco-fictions into eco-futures through systems innovation - Daily Planet` - March 26th, 2020
- Pablo Escobar's Cocaine Hippos Are Filling Ecosystem Roles in Colombia That Have Been Vacant for Thousands of - Gizmodo - March 26th, 2020