Zurich, Switzerland, Oct. 16, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via NEWMEDIAWIRE -- During the 2019 Global Mobile Broadband Forum, Huawei, HKT, and GSA jointly release theIndoor 5G Scenario Oriented White Paper. This white paper describes indoor services in the 5G era and the requirements of different services for 5G networks. It also elaborates on the indoor 5G network planning and construction ideas that holistically take into account the characteristics of buildings and services in key scenarios such as stadiums, hospitals, and transportation hubs.
The Indoor 5G Scenario Oriented White Paper states that 4G has changed people's lives, but 5G is set to change societies. Building on 4G, 5G provides richer services and further extends industry boundaries. It is predicted that 80% of data traffic will occur indoors in the future. 5G provides basic data services and importantly, more applications for life, business, and industry. 5G will make people's work, lives, and travel more convenient and intelligent, by means of automatic driving, remote holographic conferences, remote VR, and immersive sports events or entertainment programs. 5G can help enterprises improve production efficiency and build smart production systems, such as smart factories and smart hospitals. For industry applications, 5G can help governments achieve efficient social governance.
Joe Barrett, the President of GSA, said: "5G will be closely related to vertical industries, which were completely independent of each other in the past. For example, in the future, 5G will become a vital part of smart building property infrastructure, just as important as water, electricity, and gas, and will become the core of smart city evolution. "
The white paper also points out that 5G construction has to serve improving user experience while adopting new business models. By building networks on demand, a new ecosystem can be nurtured to benefit both industry partners and operators. 5G construction will impose two major changes to operators' services:
>Business model reconstruction:Operators will have to shift from traffic monetization (relying mainly on connections) to traffic value monetization (inclusive of rate, latency, and slicing). In other words, operator business models must provide both intelligent platforms and services instead of merely traffic pipes.
>Vertical networking architecture:The new business model will inevitably drive network architecture toward integration with vertical industries. In addition to providing wireless connections, networks must also work with intelligent units in the industry to form a cloud-pipe-device architecture.
These two changes will eventually create new value in terms of interconnection, traffic, high speeds, low latency, and slicing. In the 5G era, even greater explosion of traffic will occur. Unlimited traffic packages will become a basic requirement, and the business value system will be reshaped. Operators need to increase the value of their operations by developing positive business cycles through differentiated value monetization methods based on rate, latency, and slicing.
In the 5G era, service requirements vary with indoor scenarios, and network construction must adhere to service requirements. Based on the successful global practices of Huawei, operators, and industry partners, the paper analyzes 5G use cases in typical indoor scenarios such as stadiums, hospitals, transportation hubs, and commercial buildings. It recommends indoor 5G construction solutions in terms of functional area design, solution selection, capacity planning, network reliability, network O&M, and operation, and offers a reference structure for E2E indoor 5G network planning, construction, O&M, and optimization in the industry.
> During the planning of indoor 5G networks, the features of different functional areas in a building must be taken into consideration. In addition, network planning design must be refined based on the B2C, B2B, and B2H service requirements of the functional areas to meet business and network requirements.
> Concerning indoor 5G construction, it is recommended to use all-scenario full-series indoor digital products to meet the demands of large capacity, low latency, and high performance. The unified digital integrated deployment platform can achieve the following: process-based implementation, data streamlining, IT-enabled operation, and visualized progress and quality management, thereby improving E2E deployment efficiency and quality.
> For enhanced O&M, the indoor 5G network is now illuminated through a geographic display of device faults and a grid-based indoor coverage display, improving O&M efficiency. Furthermore, indoor intelligent energy saving minimizes the power consumption of indoor sites.
Sheldon Yau, Senior Vice President of HKT Wireless Network Planning & Design, said: "In recent years, indoor traffic keeps increasing in HKT and accounts for more than 85% of the total traffic in 2019. 5G will further spur indoor data traffic breakout, but traditional passive indoor distributed systems cannot address the technology evolution and capacity challenges in 5G era. Hence, full fiber based Digital Indoor Systems must be constructed to provide supreme user experience, intelligent O&M, and efficient operation."
Duan Xuepeng, General Manager of Huawei's MBB Domain, said: "Indoor digital networks will become a high value ground of mobile networks. Indoor digitization has become an inevitable trend of industry development. Huawei is an industry-leading provider of E2E 5G indoor digital coverage solutions, with abundant experience in 5G indoor networking consultation and planning, 5G scenario-oriented solutions, 5G digital products and integration, and industrial eco-system development. Huawei is proactively promoting the 5G indoor digitalization progress of the world."
Currently, Huawei has helped 140 operators in 85 countries construct more than 60,000 indoor high-value sites. In the future, Huawei will continue to increase investment in digital indoor coverage solutions, deepen cooperation with operators and industry partners to explore new business models, construct a brand new industry ecosystem, and jointly build indoor 5G networks of higher intelligence, efficiency, and profitability.
To download theIndoor 5G Scenario Oriented White Paper, visit the following website:https://carrier.huawei.com/~/media/CNBGV2/download/products/servies/Indoor-5G-Scenario-Oriented-White-Paper-en.pdf
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud service we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
- The infrastructure of Kick Ecosystem - hackernoon.com - September 25th, 2020
- Humans Destroyed Intact Ecosystem Land the Size of Mexico in Just 13 Years - EcoWatch - September 25th, 2020
- This is the size of undisturbed ecosystems lost in 13 years - World Economic Forum - September 25th, 2020
- maurices Partners with TCS to Build Greenfield IT Ecosystem for its Growth and Transformation - PRNewswire - September 25th, 2020
- Helping the UN Guide Ecosystem Restoration Into the Mainstream - CSRwire.com - September 25th, 2020
- Don't eat the rainforests: Top brands complicit in Indonesia's ecosystem destruction, probe alleges - Down To Earth Magazine - September 25th, 2020
- Colombia: Cross Border Tech Innovation and Ecosystem building - PRNewswire - September 25th, 2020
- The DNS Ecosystem, Its Vulnerabilities, and Threat Mitigations - CircleID - September 25th, 2020
- Scaling Up The Start-up Ecosystem Recommendations Of Standing Committee On Finance - Finance and Banking - India - Mondaq News Alerts - September 25th, 2020
- VR AR Content Creation Ecosystem Market will Register a Significant CAGR During Period 2020-2026 | 18.5% CAGR| Know the Companies List Could... - September 25th, 2020
- Why the new farm Bills should excite the advertising ecosystem - Business Standard - September 25th, 2020
- The Launching Ceremony for XnMatrix Wrapped Up, the Next Generation of Cloud Computing Eco-System Sets Sail - AiThority - September 4th, 2020
- Why Harmless Harvest takes an ecosystem-based approach to business - New Hope Network - September 4th, 2020
- An 'Ecosystem' Has Propelled NYC Life Sciences Over The Past 5 Years - Bisnow - September 4th, 2020
- BorgWarner expands collaboration with startup ecosystem Plug and Play - Automotive World - September 4th, 2020
- 'Drilling Would Have Devastating Impacts on This Fragile Ecosystem' - FAIR - September 4th, 2020
- Jellypipe launches its online AM ecosystem in the UK and Ireland - Metal Additive Manufacturing magazine - September 4th, 2020
- A Burgeoning Robotic Ecosystem Is Reshaping the Business Landscape - IoT World Today - September 4th, 2020
- New approach needed to protect health of Californias rivers - CALmatters - September 4th, 2020
- Ricoh unveils new AI-powered digital transformation ecosystem to drive Workflow and Process Automation - PRNewswire - September 4th, 2020
- Global mHealth Ecosystem Market Size, Comprehensive Analysis, Development Strategy, Future Plans and Industry Growth with High CAGR by Forecast 2025 |... - September 4th, 2020
- IoT Ecosystem Creates an Optimized Smart Warehouse - The Union Journal - September 4th, 2020
- Eight Startups That Could Transform The Aviation Ecosystem - Aviation Week - September 4th, 2020
- TRON and Band Protocol Form Strategic Partnership; Scalable Oracle Technology and Ecosystem Integrations Underway - Business Wire - September 4th, 2020
- The Eight Startups That Could Transform The Aviation Ecosystem - Aviation Week - September 4th, 2020
- Eisai will shift U.S. HQ to New Jersey 'bio-ecosystem' in move to boost oncology, neurology portfolios - FiercePharma - August 12th, 2020
- What is an entrepreneurial ecosystem? And why you need one to raise a startup - TNW - August 12th, 2020
- Thales Expands Technology Partner Ecosystem to Accelerate Enterprises' Cloud and Digital Transformation Initiatives - Business Wire - August 12th, 2020
- Navajo Nation and Environmental Groups Oppose Dam Project Impacting Grand Canyon Ecosystem - Between The Lines - August 12th, 2020
- Alchemy Goes Public With Developer Platform in Bid to Grow DeFi Ecosystem - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - August 12th, 2020
- ScamNation Report Profiles Digital Ecosystem Targeting Readers of False, Hyperpartisan News with COVID-19 Subscription Traps - GlobeNewswire - August 12th, 2020
- Ecosystem Services: Nature's Gifts That Help Us Thrive | Earth 911 - Earth911.com - August 12th, 2020
- How an entrepreneur saved Kerala wetland ecosystem from real estate interest - Down To Earth Magazine - August 12th, 2020
- QDX HealthID Signs Distribution Agreement with Innova Medical Group Inc. Adding Antigen, Molecular and Antibody Tests to its COVID-19 Test Ecosystem -... - August 12th, 2020
- 5 VCs on the future of Michigans startup ecosystem - TechCrunch - August 12th, 2020
- VCIA: blockchain-based ecosystem will shape digital future of captive industry - Captive Insurance Times - August 12th, 2020
- Microsoft and Samsung need each other now more than ever - The Verge - August 12th, 2020
- "ScamNation" Report Profiles Digital Ecosystem Targeting Readers of False, Hyperpartisan News with COVID-19 Subscription Traps - Benzinga - August 12th, 2020
- "Transitioning to future with stronger APAC healthcare ecosystem" - BSA bureau - August 12th, 2020
- BBT is the first and most competitive game ecosystem - GameDev.net - August 12th, 2020
- Purple urchin has overrun kelp forests, commercial divers and conservationists have have joined forces to restore the North Coasts marine ecosystem -... - August 12th, 2020
- Four Altcoins Could Break Out As Ethereum-Based Ecosystem Goes Parabolic, According to Messari Researcher - The Daily Hodl - August 12th, 2020
- Samsung Unveils Five New Power Devices in the Galaxy Ecosystem to Empower Your Work and Play - Samsung Global Newsroom - August 10th, 2020
- Google Cloud partner ecosystem is thriving and valuable to partner companies, says IDC - TechRepublic - August 10th, 2020
- Global Forecasts for the Intelligent Transportation System Market to 2025 with COVID-19 Impact Analysis by Offering, System, Application, and... - August 10th, 2020
- Diversity & Inclusion in Investment Management: SEC Explores Creating a More Inclusive Capital Formation Ecosystem - JD Supra - August 10th, 2020
- New Marine Park in Australia's Northern Territory Protects a Flourishing Ecosystem - The Pew Charitable Trusts - August 10th, 2020
- Ecosystem of innovation - The News International - August 10th, 2020
- Chehalis River: Watershed Helath, Climate Resilience, and Ecosystem Restoration - The Columbian - August 10th, 2020
- CerebrumX Launched - Buckling Up the Car Data Monetization Ecosystem for the Exciting Ride Ahead - PRNewswire - August 10th, 2020
- Vinli Hires George Ayres as Executive Vice President of Partnerships to Drive the Future of Its Connected Vehicle Ecosystem - PRNewswire - August 10th, 2020
- 6 Ways to Build the Healthcare System of the Future - HealthLeaders Media - August 10th, 2020
- How The Chinese Open Source Ecosystem Is Thriving And Advancing AI - Analytics India Magazine - August 10th, 2020
- Best of BS Opinion: Indias digital ecosystem, beyond Ayodhya, and more - Business Standard - August 10th, 2020
- How can Canadas performing arts ecosystem change in the face of COVID-19? - The Globe and Mail - August 10th, 2020
- yEarn Expanding its Ecosystem to Bring in Hot DeFi Tokens into the Mix - Bitcoin Exchange Guide - August 10th, 2020
- What is the current state of the UAE's startup ecosystem? - Gulf Business News - August 10th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact & Recovery Analysis - Commercial Vehicle Advanced Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market (2020-2024) | Integration of Advanced... - August 10th, 2020
- Global Connected Cow and Farm Market Report 2020: Market Size, Forecasts, Insights and Opportunities to 2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - August 10th, 2020
- Alabama Mercedes plant among first in world to use innovative production system - Alabama NewsCenter - August 8th, 2020
- Enhanced efficiency thanks to new family of applications: Digital Mercedes-Benz production ecosystem MO360: global production networked in real time -... - August 8th, 2020
- Peril in the hills: Extreme weather a danger for Nilgiri ecosystem - Down To Earth Magazine - August 8th, 2020
- IPL returns but will be played in UAE; Indian cricket ecosystem loses out - The Times of India Blog - August 8th, 2020
- The Giant Panda Is a Conservation Icon, But The Success Story Masks a Dark Truth - ScienceAlert - August 7th, 2020
- This mobile game lets you build ecosystems that will help solve real-world ecological problems - Fast Company - August 7th, 2020
- BigPanda Invests in Partner Ecosystem to Deliver on Customer Demand for Improved IT Operations - GlobeNewswire - August 7th, 2020
- The IoT Community Internet of Things Community Announces Phizzle Has Joined Its Elite IoT Ecosystem as a Gold Level Corporate Member - Business Wire - August 7th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impacts: Clinical Trial Management System Market Will Accelerate at a CAGR of Almost 11% Through 2020-2024 | Increasing Outsourcing of... - August 7th, 2020
- The AR/VR ecosystem Are we there yet? - VentureBeat - August 4th, 2020
- Spixii Joins Duck Creek Technologies Partner Ecosystem, Offering Award-Winning Claim Solution to Deliver on Customer Expectations at the Moment of... - August 4th, 2020
- DIY phishing kits dissected: Organizations urged to tackle the underground ecosystem that democratized cybercrime - The Daily Swig - August 4th, 2020
- Addressing the potential impact of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on The Wearable Technology Ecosystem Market: Quantitative Analysis from 2018 to 2030... - August 4th, 2020
- India Gaming Summit 2020: How Dream11 plans to build the esports ecosystem from the bottoms up - The Financial Express - August 4th, 2020
- Huawei Ecosystem has gone beyond the heights with 1.6 M Global Developers - - Technology Times Pakistan - August 4th, 2020
- Opinion | How to make online payments bustle with competition - Livemint - August 4th, 2020
- Building ecosystems is hard. Auditing them is worse. - Stacey on IoT - August 4th, 2020
- AB 3030 fails to recognize marine protections that exists in California - CALmatters - August 4th, 2020
- VoLTE (Voice over LTE) Ecosystem Industry Market Professional Survey 2020 by Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Trends, Types and Applications, Forecast to... - August 4th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impacts: Global Automotive Intelligent Door System Market will Accelerate at a CAGR of almost 12% through 2020-2024|Growing Demand for... - August 4th, 2020
- Podcast: CLUECON SPECIAL FEATURE OrecX not only delivers top shelf stereo recording, but delivers a huge ecosystem of add on technology that may... - August 4th, 2020