Private cellular networks are seen by many as a major opportunity to set up bespoke networks in support of industrial internet of things projects and in service of applications where data sovereignty is paramount. While enterprises can build their own network with dedicated spectrum that they either own or lease, that is not the only way that private 5G networks are being put together.
According to Karim El Malki, the CEO of Athonet, the past few years have witnessed an underlying paradigm shift when it comes to who is involved in delivering network connectivity to enterprises.
Were going from a world where it used to be telecommunications was a sector that was mainly focused on giving people phones or giving them connectivity at home, so it was very a consumer-centric vision, Malki explained. Now, were moved into an area with 5G where its not about the consumer anymore. Its the enterprise, the industry, the hospitals, the airports.
As a result, what used to be within the realm of big telco players the average consumer is now moving towards the big enterprise, and therefore, there is no guarantee that telcos are equipped to serve the growing private network market, leaving a wide opening for new players. Furthermore, those who traditionally served the enterprise space the Wi-Fi guys now have additional competition.
The Wi-Fi players have been good at giving the enterprise what they really want, which is a product that is simple and gives them what they need, provided Malki, adding that the telco sector has always been more complex and less transparent in comparison, making it slightly less desirable for an enterprise IT team that wants near-complete control over its network and data.
Simple, though, will no longer cut it for those enterprise who are finding that the number of devices and assets that need reliable connectivity continue to grow.
We are left with a growing demand for the coverage, security and predictability of cellular connectivity, but with the ease and control that is reminiscent of Wi-Fi. It is precisely this emerging balance that has led to new players entering the market to offer private cellular networks, whether 4G LTE or 5G.
Big names in cloud computing, such as Google and Microsoft, are already well-positioned to sell private wireless networks because they are already actively deploying edge-clouds into enterprises to run IoT and other applications.
System integrators (SIs), whose have a much narrower focus in the sense that they tend to work with specific verticals, are also major players in this space. Due to the level of vertical specialization that they bring to the table, SIs are often highly trusted by enterprises and are thought to have deep understanding of a particular customers needs.
Telecommunications equipment vendors, like Nokia, are working closely with system integrators and according to Stephane Daeuble, Nokias head of enterprise solutions marketing, there is an understanding that a single company cant tackle every single segment.
Weve decided to focus on a set of industries and the other ones are handled by partners, he explained further. Weve developed a lot of vertical skillset and understanding.
Nokias recent partnership with Germany-based industrial IoT specialist MYNXG, which offers networking integration for the industrial sector, is a solid example of how equipment vendors are working with system integrators. MYNXG recruited Nokia to deploy a private 5G campus network at its development center in Nuremburg to explore using the technology as a platform for industrial-grade networking and integration with its own IoT platform offering.
In addition, because vendors like Nokia recognized the need for private networks early on, Daeuble said that they also focused on partnering with those on the industrial device side of things to ensure that there were enough devices and systems capable of communicating with private cellular networks.
There was no reason to put a fantastic network in a port or mine, for instance, if you cant find port and mine things that talk to it. That was a big upfront realization at Nokia. The industrial ecosystem aspect is in a position where we have a good base today with 4G LTE technology where we can almost always find the right device and assets that talk the language, he stated.
But, then, he continued, we have to start again with 5G. There is no point in implementing a 5G network if nothing can talk to it. This will take another three to five years.
For more information on private networks and how they compare to Wi-Fi and public networks, check out RCR Wireless News upcomingwebinaron the topic.
View original post here:
- Building Automation System Market Growth Driven by the Rising Demand for Energy-Efficient and Eco-Friendly Buildings | MDC Research - Yahoo Finance - August 30th, 2022
- Dismantle 'eco-system' that abets and sustains militancy in JK: Amit Shah - Kashmir Reader - August 30th, 2022
- Integrators and relationships: what CMOs are looking for from agencies - Bizcommunity.com - August 30th, 2022
- Criminals Minds Showrunner Simon Mirren & Production Partner Benjamin Anderson Team With Applause & Locomotive Global To Create Indian... - August 30th, 2022
- The Remarkable Customer Experience Recovery System and Digital Transformation | By Are Morch - Hospitality Net - August 30th, 2022
- Natures Vault Launches Gold-Linked Utility Token NVLT in the Polygon Ecosystem - The Daily Hodl - August 30th, 2022
- Strategically Planned Final Assault Required To Free J&K Of Terror: DGP - Kashmir Observer - August 30th, 2022
- Bhopal: 3-day meeting of science and technology councils of different states to begin from Monday - Free Press Journal - August 30th, 2022
- Strategically planned final assault is required to march towards terror free J&K: DGP - United News of India - August 30th, 2022
- Ecosystem - Wikipedia - June 29th, 2022
- Team at Atlantic Data Forensics Joins Surefire Cyber, Adding Forensic Expertise and 15-Year Track Record to Newly Launched Incident Response Firm - PR... - June 29th, 2022
- Explained: Why telecom companies are eying the 5G band of 3.5K-3.6K MHz - Business Standard - June 29th, 2022
- Cantourage UK brings Together Pharma's Uganda-grown medical cannabis to the United Kingdom - PR Newswire - June 29th, 2022
- Heading back to nature this summer? Tread lightly, say outdoor experts - CBC.ca - June 29th, 2022
- Layer Three Ventures Announces $30M Web3 Crypto Fund and Accelerator - FinTech Futures - June 29th, 2022
- Jute Bags Market is expected to grow by USD 3.83 Billion during 2027, progressing at a CAGR of 8.90% During the Forecast Period - Digital Journal - June 29th, 2022
- Introducing the Truckstop.com Partner Marketplace: A Comprehensive Transportation and Logistics Ecosystem - Benzinga - June 29th, 2022
- Limitless X Anticipates Strong Sales and Earnings in the Current Fiscal Year - GuruFocus.com - June 29th, 2022
- SEC will be strengthened to reposition Nigeria's capital market, says Finance Minister | The ICIR - ICIR - June 29th, 2022
- Broadband Stakeholder Group Replaced by UK Digital Connectivity Forum - ISPreview.co.uk - June 29th, 2022
- ICAB and BIDA signs MoU on DVS - The Business Standard - June 29th, 2022
- Atari: Results of the first half of 2020-2021 Paris Stock Exchange:ATA - GlobeNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- CME: The Benefits of More Automated FX Trade - finews.asia - February 17th, 2021
- RIOT GAMES, FREAKS 4U GAMING and SPORTFIVE partner up to produce and commercialize the 2021 VALORANT CHAMPIONS TOUR - European Gaming Industry News - February 17th, 2021
- A 'pop-up' airport for electric aircraft could transform the way we think about urban travel - CNBC - February 17th, 2021
- Neom's futuristic 'Line' in the sand is good news for Saudi Arabia's tech start-ups - Arab News - February 17th, 2021
- Biomass Utilization System Market Analysis 2021 to 2027 with Strategic Trends Growth, Revenue|KOBELCO ECO-SOLUTIONS, China Southern Power Grid,... - February 17th, 2021
- Why Investors Should Heed The African Tech Startups Devouring Consumer Finance - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- The New Zealand Merino Company Launches Apparel Industry's First 100% Regenerative Wool Platform in Partnership With Global Brands Allbirds,... - February 17th, 2021
- New #femaleboss project makes a stand for Scottish women in business - HeraldScotland - February 17th, 2021
- Plant safaris- the mystery and magic of the plant kingdom - Rising Sun Overport - February 17th, 2021
- A digital catch-22: after the crisis, who's betting on digital transformation? - USAPP American Politics and Policy (blog) - February 17th, 2021
- How Hotels And OTAs Can Prepare For The Post-Pandemic Future | By Andrew Gogus Hospitality Net - Hospitality Net - February 17th, 2021
- La Liga side Athletic Bilbao hope to export their model globally including to India - The New Indian Express - February 17th, 2021
- Tackling Indonesias Poverty With Palm Oil - The ASEAN Post - February 17th, 2021
- Eos partners with US-based Kineticos to invest over 10M in early-stage Scottish life sciences startups - UKTN (UK Technology News - February 17th, 2021
- Wild Bicester on mission to boost wildlife in town - Oxford Mail - February 17th, 2021
- The deception of greenwashing in fast fashion - Down To Earth Magazine - February 17th, 2021
- Flying high: Naturalist charts transformation of Mar Lodge estate as wildlife haven reaches landmark in 200-year regeneration - The Sunday Post - February 17th, 2021
- Allbirds and Icebreaker back regenerative wool platform | Apparel Industry News | just-style - just-style.com - February 11th, 2021
- Let caterpillars nibble your leaves to create a healthier garden, advise the RHS - HouseBeautiful.com - February 11th, 2021
- Warning system, environment study may have prevented Uttarakhand tragedy - The Federal - February 11th, 2021
- 5G experimentation and security grows in govt, military sectors - Help Net Security - February 11th, 2021
- New Technology to Kill SARS Associated Human Coronavirus in the Air and on Surfaces - PRNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Diversifying Nevada's Economy Might Take The Work Of Angels - KNPR - February 11th, 2021
- In the battle for the edge, 5G software is the Excalibur - Ericsson - February 11th, 2021
- Dow and Lucro to Launch PCR Plastics Solution in India - waste360 - February 11th, 2021
- Florida Family Finds Monster 16ft, 300lb Python On Their Property RM - TooFab - February 11th, 2021
- Document Security Systems, Inc., Coinstreet Partners and GSX Group Collaborate to Develop Digital Asset Exchange Business in the US - PRNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- 5G and the digital cockpit Q&A with Harman - just-auto.com - February 11th, 2021
- Recent news in brief collected from around Mallorca - Euro Weekly News - February 11th, 2021
- COVID Has Reached Antarctica, and Scientists Are Extremely Concerned for Its Wildlife - EcoWatch - February 11th, 2021
- U.S. Subway Platforms Have Highly Polluted Air - EcoWatch - February 11th, 2021
- Urban Air Mobility Gets a Foot on the Ground with Coventry's Urban Air Port - Inside Unmanned Systems - February 11th, 2021
- Euronet Worldwide, Inc., Uses Its REN Ecosystem to Drive Digital Growth Strategy and Modernization of Payments Systems for Cosmos Bank in India -... - December 17th, 2020
- Learning Ecosystem: Why You Need One, How to Build It - ATD - December 17th, 2020
- VHA Innovation Ecosystem Taps MDClone to Leverage Synthetic Data for Faster Healthcare to Veterans - - HIT Consultant - December 17th, 2020
- FreedomPay and Sightline Payments Partner to Create World's First Cashless Ecosystem for Casinos, Resorts and Gaming Operators - GlobeNewswire - December 17th, 2020
- If the startup ecosystem can survive a pandemic, it can survive anything - Ruchira Shukla and Alok Goyal - YourStory - December 17th, 2020
- Leverage the Westcon-Comstor Services Bench partner ecosystem - ARNnet - December 17th, 2020
- Cybersecurity Stocktaking in the Connected and Automated Mobility Ecosystem - Lexology - December 17th, 2020
- MDClone Partners with VHA Innovation Ecosystem to Provide Better, Smarter, Faster Healthcare to U.S. Veterans - Business Wire - December 17th, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - PRNewswire - December 17th, 2020
- Path of destruction: Road to Anjaneri hilltop could threaten fragile rocky outcrop ecosystem - Mongabay-India - December 17th, 2020
- Gotransverse Closes 2020 with Globalization, Business Intelligence, Ecosystem, and Personalization Features for Innovative Monetization Models -... - December 17th, 2020
- Accelerated digitalization, beefed-up edge among other key trends to watch across digital ecosystem in 2021 - Business Review - December 17th, 2020
- IBM outlines commitment to developing the Quantum ecosystem in India More than 1,400 students trained on Qis.. - ETCIO.com - December 17th, 2020
- CrossTower Added as Liquidity Source to the Blockfills ECN Ecosystem - GlobeNewswire - December 17th, 2020
- code Talks: a podcast series on driving innovation with an open health care ecosystem - cerner.com - December 17th, 2020
- Building a Cost-Effective, High-Performing BI Ecosystem on the Cloud - Datanami - December 17th, 2020
- GPX India adds NIXI to the GPX Interconnection Ecosystem - Express Computer - December 17th, 2020
- Ecologists have studied the role carrion plays in the ecosystem of the Bavarian Forest National Park - India Education Diary - December 17th, 2020
- ICON blockchain expands DeFi ecosystem with ETH Orbit Bridge integration - CryptoNinjas - December 17th, 2020
- There's an ecosystem beneath your feetand it needs protection, new report says - Science Magazine - December 5th, 2020
- Apple M1 is the boost the Windows ecosystem needed: Qualcomm - ZDNet - December 5th, 2020
- Polkadot Joins Hands with Chainlink to Overcome Decentralized Nature of Its... - Coinspeaker - December 5th, 2020
- Programme launched to strengthen tech ecosystem in Western Cape - - Ventureburn - December 5th, 2020
- Update on Intel's Neuromorphic Ecosystem Growth and Progress - Business Wire - December 5th, 2020
- Students are drawn into the ecosystem through real impact and relevant goals - not with Brainport-lingo - Innovation Origins - December 5th, 2020
- The Greater Data Ecosystem: Driving Decision-Making | Data & Data Analytics - Supply Chain Digital - The Procurement & Supply Chain Platform - December 5th, 2020