November's techno chart wraps up the monthly series for 2020. It was a nutty year for sure but our favorite techno producers kept things relatively sane for us with their exciting and creative creations. This past month's highlights include a few album like Eats Everything's debut, Drumcomplex's third full-length, and Robert Hood's 10th ever album on Rekids! Lots to enjoy in this month's chart and beyond so go out and buy (or stream) these new albums to show your support.
See past techno charts here.
In the interest of letting the music speak for itself, an elusive producer from Berlin set up the alias, SYCUM to release two brilliant, new tunes via Kompakt Extra. Including this suspenseful piece of music that might fit well among the classic trance of the early '90s. To say the least, it's an absolute beauty that deserves your undivided attention.
Robert Hood's 10th L.P., Mirror Man is out now via Rekidsand it's a 16 track journey through various moods of techno. Some of the highlights include "The Cure" and "7 Mile Dog" which were previously released a couple of months ago on his Nothing Stops Detroit EP but other than that, the album is ripe with new techno including this brilliant one titled, "Falling Apart."
For just the 8th release on Charlotte De Witte's KNTXT imprint, she's invited Alignment back for a second outing that is outright stacked with huge tunes. Four in all are included and all are amazing but by process of elimination, I've chosen "Injection" as the one to go mental for.
These Drumcode all-stars linked up for the first time and the result was a three-track package that includes this next-level, genre-crosser which should reach multiple audiences.
Forthcoming on Dense & Pika's debut L.P., this Matthew Dear collaboration gets rinsed inside-out by Ryan James Ford and the result is this highly original banger. Turn it up.
Hardcore, industrial techno in full effect on this introspective banger courtesy of Sara Landry via CRISIS OF MAN.
Truesoul's most released artist returns to his welcome home with three varied tunes including this excellent one which is very easy on the ears.
This very intelligent piece of techno features on Drumcomplex's excellent, studio album, The Story Of Now.
Self-described as sci-fi techno, this psychedelic adventure features astronaut dialogue over hypnotic loops and repetitive rhythms.
Trance strikes again as yet another classic from the once shunned genre gets a beefy update to match today's sound. "Strange World" is the title of the tune from the year 2000 and Joyhauser does a spectacular job of bringing it up to date 20 years later. Bravo!
For his debut on 1605, Mark Reeve collaborated with the boss himself, UMEK! The track is titled, "Message" and it features a powerful kick drum that not only stutters, but punches hard as hell as well. Fasten your seatbelts, this track is large.
Scottish producer, Stephen Brown has been holding down Detroit style techno since the mid '90s when he was unleashing tunes on the famed Djax imprint. Here he is 25 years later doing his thing with a stellar remix on Anja Schneider's Sous Music imprint.
Ramon Tapia's remix of this classic trance record was getting a lot of attention so he gracefully sought out the publisher and was granted permission to release this banging, new version.
Eats Everything's debut album is out now via own imprint, EI8HT and it's aptly eight tracks deep. Highlights include a Felix Da Housecat collaboration and of course, this wonky, jacker playfully titled, "Moan."
After almost five years of cutting his teeth on stellar labels like Steyoyoke and Afterlife, Innellea makes his well-deserved debut on Diynamic via their Picture series. It's a mini-LP that features six cuts including this dizzying wonder he's titled, "Mar's Moon."
Stream November's techno chart uninterrupted via the playlist below:
Read this article:
- Coronavirus Briefing: What Happened Today - The New York Times - April 20th, 2021
- 173 infected in new coronavirus outbreaks at 41 schools, says Michigans April 19 school outbreak report - mlive.com - April 20th, 2021
- Coronavirus in Michigan: Heres what to know April 18, 2021 - WDIV ClickOnDetroit - April 20th, 2021
- Heres what it would take to cut Ohios coronavirus cases in half - cleveland.com - April 20th, 2021
- U.K. Coronavirus Strain Does Not Lead To More Severe Illness And Death, Study Finds - NPR - April 20th, 2021
- Coronavirus cases trend down in Ohio after weeks of increases; hospitalizations still up - latest trends and - cleveland.com - April 20th, 2021
- Florida mother and nurse finally leaves hospital after 111 days fighting coronavirus - FOX 35 Orlando - April 20th, 2021
- What the Coronavirus Variants Mean for Testing - The New York Times - April 20th, 2021
- How the Coronavirus Variants Are Spreading in New York City - The New York Times - April 20th, 2021
- Cleveland Indians trending toward 85% vaccination rate for coronavirus - cleveland.com - April 20th, 2021
- Covenant Health closes all drive-thru coronavirus testing sites - KLBK | KAMC | EverythingLubbock.com - April 20th, 2021
- Four Astros on COVID-19 list tentatively set to rejoin team - Houston Chronicle - April 20th, 2021
- No, Having Raw Onions And Salt Cannot Cure Coronavirus - The Quint - April 20th, 2021
- COVID-19 in South Dakota: 133 total new cases; Death toll remains at 1,953; Active cases at 2,153 - KELOLAND.com - April 20th, 2021
- Covid updates: U.S. cases and hospitalizations drop; Mexico close to approving Russian vaccine - CNBC - February 4th, 2021
- One Emergency After Another: Wisconsin Governor And Legislators Battle Over COVID-19 - NPR - February 4th, 2021
- Dr. Fauci On Vaccinations And Biden's 'Refreshing' Approach To COVID-19 - NPR - February 4th, 2021
- EmitBio Demonstrates New Treatment Is Effective Against Multiple Types Of Coronavirus - The Mountaineer - February 4th, 2021
- A Year Into The Pandemic, What's Driving Varied Coronavirus Rates Across Wisconsin? - WisContext - February 4th, 2021
- Disinfecting a Car to Protect Against Germs, Coronavirus - Healthline - February 4th, 2021
- Why same 84 Ohio counties are on coronavirus red alert again this week, though orange counties arent at bott - cleveland.com - February 4th, 2021
- The shift from nought to hedonism overnight was too much for this lockdown zombie - Evening Standard - December 17th, 2020
- An impressive, multi-layered combination of players and instruments - Morning Star Online - December 17th, 2020
- Londoners party on eve of tougher COVID restrictions - Reuters UK - December 17th, 2020
- Judge to decide whether her rulings deprived Ross Harris of fair trial - Atlanta Journal Constitution - December 17th, 2020
- Review: 'Ferdinand, the Man With the Kind Heart,' by Irmgard Keun - Minneapolis Star Tribune - December 17th, 2020
- Government take heed: Some goals are best achieved indirectly - The Daily Telegram - December 17th, 2020
- Blind Evolution Explained Everything - Discovery Institute - December 17th, 2020
- Melii And Sainvil Bubble With Tension In New Visual For HBK - RESPECT. - December 17th, 2020
- The Weekend Edit: Party Like It's 2021! - The Handbook - December 17th, 2020
- How to be happy | | bryantimes.com - The Bryan Times - December 17th, 2020
- Chadwick Bosemans final performance in Ma Rainey's Black Bottom is one of searching intensity - iNews - December 17th, 2020
- Leeds pubs and bars react as Tier 3 rule remains meaning they can't open to customers at Christmas - Yorkshire Evening Post - December 17th, 2020
- My Favorite Fiction of 2020 - The New Yorker - December 17th, 2020
- BRIAN JOSEPH: On the joy and importance of small pleasures during COVID - TheChronicleHerald.ca - December 17th, 2020
- The Hanukkah Menorah to Light Up the World - jewishboston.com - December 17th, 2020
- The joy of a canceled Christmas - The Spectator US - December 17th, 2020
- A top 10 list of the best banned literary filth - The Irish Times - December 17th, 2020
- 'The Stand' Early Buzz: The CBS All Access Stephen King Adaptation Gets Mixed Results - /FILM - December 17th, 2020
- FWD Transmissions: SHE Spells Doom - Drums of Affliction - Electronic Beats - December 5th, 2020
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' offers a better take with season 3, episode 8 'The Sanctuary' - Space.com - December 5th, 2020
- Can hypnotherapy root away your ailments? - Times of India - December 5th, 2020
- The Mandalorian: What Did Baby Yoda See In The Force? - Screen Rant - December 5th, 2020
- MR.BLACK brings the heat with reggae rave anthem 'Feel The Fire' on Showtek's label - We Rave You - December 5th, 2020
- Study: Ancient California Teens Took Hallucinogens as Part of Sacred Ritual Free Press of Jacksonville - Jacksonville Free Press - December 5th, 2020
- 9 fugas and Marygoround are the winning European titles at the Gijn Film Festival - Cineuropa - December 5th, 2020
- Harry, Meghan and memories of Princess Diana: The dark side of royalty - The Financial Express - December 5th, 2020
- W&W iconic festival anthem 'Lift Off!' turns 8 years old - We Rave You - December 5th, 2020
- Timmy Trumpet: I love people and that's what I miss the most about touring - We Rave You - December 5th, 2020
- What Are the Differences Between Trance and Techno? - One EDM - December 5th, 2020
- Suszynski: Knowing through imagination | VailDaily.com - Vail Daily News - December 5th, 2020
- Notice of prolongation of redemption date and partial redemption of convertible bonds PKG5 - GlobeNewswire - December 5th, 2020
- Trump Embraces Fringe Theories on Protests and the Coronavirus - The New York Times - August 31st, 2020
- Governor Cuomo Announces New Record High Number of COVID-19 Tests Reported to New York State - ny.gov - August 31st, 2020
- How Italy's 'father of the swabs' fought the coronavirus - Science Magazine - August 31st, 2020
- Alaska coronavirus Q&A: How are people here getting COVID-19? And what's the deal with testing numbers? - Anchorage Daily News - August 31st, 2020
- Coronavirus news of the week (VIDEO) - Live Science - August 31st, 2020
- A case of coronavirus reinfection shows the complexities of the pandemic - The Verge - August 31st, 2020
- New drool-based tests are replacing the dreaded coronavirus nasal swab - Science Magazine - August 31st, 2020
- How Minnesota's biggest beef producer is weathering the coronavirus - Minneapolis Star Tribune - August 31st, 2020
- When the Threat of Eviction Meets the Threat of Coronavirus - The New York Times - August 31st, 2020
- Coronavirus worries force election officials to get creative - Wink News - August 31st, 2020
- This Trawlers Haul: Evidence That Antibodies Block the Coronavirus - The New York Times - August 20th, 2020
- NIH imposes 'outrageous' conditions on resuming coronavirus grant targeted by Trump - Science Magazine - August 20th, 2020
- Coronavirus updates: University of North Carolina temporarily suspends fall sports; Pope warns against the rich getting vaccine first - USA TODAY - August 20th, 2020
- Faster test results and 'robust' immune response may offer hope of curbing the pandemic, experts say - CNN - August 20th, 2020
- Why Pooled Testing for the Coronavirus Isn't Working - The New York Times - August 20th, 2020
- Coronavirus outbreak linked to wedding reception in Maine - CNN - August 20th, 2020
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Gov. Justice hosts Dr. Deborah Birx, White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator, to discuss West Virginia virus response - West... - August 20th, 2020
- COVID-19 Daily Update 8-19-2020 - West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources - August 20th, 2020
- August 19 evening update: The latest on the coronavirus and Maine - Bangor Daily News - August 20th, 2020
- Masks blunt the spread of coronavirus but not all are created equal - The Guardian - August 20th, 2020
- Opinion: There is a safe, healthy path forward from the ravages of the coronavirus - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - August 20th, 2020
- Few signs of collective mourning as the US tops 170,000 coronavirus deaths - CNN - August 20th, 2020
- Coronavirus is spreading in schools, but the federal government isn't keeping count - NBC News - August 20th, 2020
- Researchers hope this old-fashioned treatment will work for coronavirus - CNN - August 20th, 2020
- Older Children and the Coronavirus: A New Wrinkle in the Debate - The New York Times - August 20th, 2020
- Here's what's behind all those backlogged coronavirus cases across Texas - The Dallas Morning News - August 20th, 2020
- Potential Rising Income Streams and Equity Retirement Solutions - Dividend.com - August 10th, 2020
- Millions of America's working poor may lose out on key anti-poverty tax credit because of the pandemic - Chicago Reporter - August 10th, 2020