The Elite TM just added to Pokemon GO allows players to not only choose what Fast or Charged move they want their Pokemon to learn as opposed to regular TMs where the moves are learned at random, but it allows Pokemon to learn Legacy Moves moves that the Pokemon was able to learn naturally but are no longer able to as well as exclusive moves from Community Day events or special Raid periods.
As you can imagine, this opens up a world of possibilities. Now you no longer have to wait for that exclusive move to be available to get it. And some moves can be the difference between a Pokemon being a top tier threat and not.
Here are the best moves to teach Pokemon with the Pokemon GO Elite TM:
Swampert consistently runs high in the ranks of both Great League and Ultra League thanks to Hydro Cannons low energy cost and great damage allowing Swampert to not only put pressure on shields but erode the opponent. Normally a Community Day-exclusive move, Hydro Cannon will instantly turn your Swampert into a top tier threat. In fact, pretty much any of the starter Pokemon will see an instant upgrade by learning their Community Day-exclusive move, but Swampert is one of the best for this.
GamePress recommends pairing it with Mud Shot for PvP because of its high energy generation charging Hydro Pump more frequently and Water Gun for Raids because its the same type as Hydro Cannon and deals more damage overall than Mud Shot. For a second Charge Move, Earthquake provides a wide coverage and takes advantage of Same Type Attack Bonus (STAB) while Sludge Wave delivers a nasty surprise to grass-types not named Venusaur looking to take advantage of Swamperts double weakness to grass.
Dewgong ranks surprisingly high in the Great League (it currently ranks at #11 on Pvpoke) thanks to its bulk and its utility moveset, according to GamePress. However, thats only if you have access to both of its Legacy Moves Ice Shard and Icy Wind, which are much easier to obtain now that Elite TMs are a thing. Ice Shard has fantastic energy gain and Icy Wind not only has a low energy cost but lowers the attack of the opponent upon a hit.
Icy Wind should be paired with Water Pulse for more STAB coverage.
Lapras ranks high in both the Great and Ultra League, and while Water Gun is viable on its own Ice Shard has much better energy gain and plays well with both Surf and Ice Beam. Ice Beam is more flexible than Blizzard thanks to its lower energy requirement.
Dragon Pulse is another Legacy Move that can be obtained via an Elite TM. According to GamePress, while its slightly slower than Ice Beam it might be useful in dealing damage against Pokemon that resist water- and ice-type moves. Youd probably want to go for Ice Beam due to STAB, though.
Zapdos lagged behind Raikou in terms of power until it got access to Thundershock as a Legacy Move exclusive only to certain Raid Periods. Thundershock is a direct upgrade to Charge Beam in terms of damage and energy gain and plays well with Thunderbolt. Zapdos typing of electric and flying is one of the best in the game. It makes it resist ground-type moves along with several others, though it does make Zapdos weak to the ice-type attacks of Lapras and Dewgong who would normally be countered by electric-types. However, while Raikou doesnt resist as many types as Zapdos its still a king among electric-types thanks to its access to Wild Charge and Shadow Ball, and it doesnt need an Elite TM for those moves. Still, Zapdos definitely has a place in PvP as well as Raids.
Pair Thunderbolt with Drill Peck for shield-baiting and good STAB output, according to GamePress.
Venusaur shines in the Great League and Ultra League. While Roserade and Sceptile both have much higher DPS, Venusaur has more bulk which is very important in PvP. Frenzy Plant helps keep its relevance in the PvP sphere for the same reasons Hydro Cannon is so powerful, its got both great damage and great energy cost and efficiency.
Pair it with Vine Whip for more energy generation as well as Sludge Bomb for more STAB coverage, especially against fairy-types that might otherwise surprise you.
While Sceptile isnt as viable in PvP as Venusaur, its still one of the best grass-types in terms of raw DPS thanks to Frenzy Plant which makes it perfect for Raids against Bosses weak to grass.
Blaziken is a relatively strong threat for both fire- and fighting-type attackers. Blast Burn paired with the excellent Counter makes Blaziken one of the strongest counters to ice- and steel-type Raid Bosses. As for PvP, a secondary move of Stone Edge will give it a way to deal with flying-type counters.
That being said, Pvpoke suggests going with Blaze Kick instead of Blast Burn to better bait shields while still having Blaziken fill its role as a fire-type attacker.
Wing Attack is a direct upgrade to Air Slash and features slightly more energy gain than Fire Spin. Plus, flying- and fire-type moves have pretty similar coverage so they play well together. That being said, Fire Spin deals more damage over time.
As for Blast Burn, it makes for a viable substitute for Overheat. While Overheat deals much more damage, Blast Burn has lower energy cost and doesnt give Charizard the -2 debuff to attack.
Just like with Thundershock and Zapdos, Sky Attack is exclusive to Moltres caught during certain Raid Periods. Moltres with Sky Attack are cited by many as the best flying-type attackers in the game thanks to its low cost and great power.
Similarly with Charizard, go with Wing Attack if you want more energy gain and Fire Spin for more damage.
Mewtwo regularly ranks among the strongest attackers in both Raids and PvP, and both PsyStrike and Shadow Ball insure that. PsyStrike was exclusive to Mewtwo caught during certain Raid periods and is perfect for those that want psychic-type damage against fighting-types and poison-types. Shadow Ball is exclusive to EX Raids and gives Mewtwo some of the best neutral coverage in the game.
Pair Psystrike with Confusion for maximum DPS and pair Shadow Ball with Psycho Cut for more energy gain.
Metagross is just behind Dialga and Melmetal in terms of prominence as a steel-type attacker in Master League, but only with Meteor Mash. Dialga has more raw damage and Melmetal has more versatility in its toolset, but Metagross is a great choice too thanks to its Meteor Mash hitting hard and its access to Earthquake and Psychic.
Choose Earthquake for its coverage (especially against fire-types that might counter Metagross) and its sheer power. Psychic is also a neat choice; it doesnt have the coverage of Earthquake but it has a lower energy cost and hits neutral damage against things that would normally resist Meteor Mash, according to GamePress. Psychic also counters common threats to Metagross like Machamp.
Gardevoir has access to both Synchronoise and Psychic which are both pretty similar. If you have a Gardevoir with Psychic instead of Synchronoise, youd probably be just fine with it. However, Synchronoise is still faster especially with Charms low energy gain, according to Pvpoke.
Tyranitar is one of the best rock-type attackers. While it may not be as strong as Rampardos, it has much more bulk as well as access to the useful Crunch making it very viable in Master League despite its multiple weaknesses. Theres just one problem, it doesnt normally learn a rock-type Fast Move. But thanks to the Elite TM, you can give one its Community Day-exclusive move Smack Down.
Heres a recap of all the Pokemon that should learn Legacy or Exclusive moves from Elite TMs for your convenience:
Swampert Hydro CannonDewgong Ice Shard, Icy Wind & Aqua JetLapras Ice Shard, Ice Beam & Dragon PulseZapdos ThundershockVenusaur Frenzy PlantBlaziken Stone EdgeMewtwo Psystrike, Shadow BallMetagross Meteor MashGardevoir SynchronoiseTyranitar Smack DownMoltres Sky Attack
Follow this link:
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation - Mayo Clinic - June 27th, 2020
- What is a Transportation Management System? | Oracle - June 27th, 2020
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation - Wikipedia - June 27th, 2020
- Tension myositis syndrome - Wikipedia - June 27th, 2020
- Archerhub Launches ALVUS TMS to help Carrier Partners Grow their Businesses - DC Velocity - June 27th, 2020
- Aiming ultrasound at the brain raises hope of new treatments - Science Magazine - June 27th, 2020
- Neuronetics Announces Appointment of Bruce J. Shook to its Board of Directors - BioSpace - June 27th, 2020
- IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON Talent Management Systems (TMS) RESEARCH, GROWTH TRENDS AND COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS 2020-2026 - Jewish Life News - June 27th, 2020
- Ultrasonic Therapy Device Market 2020 Global Outlook, Research, Trends and Forecast to 2027: Dornier Medtech, EDAP TMS, Philips Healthcare - 3rd Watch... - June 27th, 2020
- Coupa acquires BELLIN, targeting treasury management (Part 2: TMS Market, Competitors and TAM / Market-Sizing Considerations) - Spend Matters - June 23rd, 2020
- Archerhub Launches ALVUS TMS to help Carrier Partners Grow their Businesses - GlobeNewswire - June 23rd, 2020
- Axele TMS allows small, midsize FTL carriers to improve load planning and communications, increase profit - The Trucker - June 23rd, 2020
- Addressing the potential impact of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on TMS Neuronavigation Systems Market: Industry Size, Trends and Analysis - Jewish... - June 23rd, 2020
- Interview: Steve Guttenberg on Into the Dark's Good Boy, Home for the Holidays, and His Craft - The Mary Sue - June 23rd, 2020
- Transportation Management System (TMS) Market 2020 Analysis, Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2025 - Cole of Duty - June 23rd, 2020
- Successful implementation of digital tools highlighted in TMS webinar - Latest Maritime & Shipping News Online - The Maritime Standard - June 22nd, 2020
- Xillio and MittaqQI Drive Progress and Innovation with TAPICC Integration - Slator - June 22nd, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Global Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market 2020 Industry Size, Advancement Strategy, Top Players, SWOT... - June 22nd, 2020
- Unexpected Halt to Season Sharpens Rossi's Appreciation for Fans - INDYCAR - June 22nd, 2020
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS): Hope for stubborn ... - May 11th, 2020
- What is a Transportation Management System (TMS ... - May 11th, 2020
- The Global Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market is expected to grow by $ 2049.50 million during 2020-2024 progressing at a CAGR of 8% during... - May 11th, 2020
- Greenbrook TMS Announces Overnight Marketed Offering of Common Shares - Business Wire - May 11th, 2020
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulators (TMS) Market 2020; Region Wise Analysis of To - News by aeresearch - May 11th, 2020
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott and TMS issue statement on Genesys 300 - Speedway Digest - May 11th, 2020
- BBC TMS star Isa Guha reveals she peed in a cup on open-top bus tour celebrating famous 2005 Ashes win - The Sun - May 11th, 2020
- Nexstim Plc to host Webinars to Present a Business Update and Information about the Rights Issue 2020 - GlobeNewswire - May 11th, 2020
- COVID-19 impact on Global Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market 2020 Trends, Share, Opportunities, SWOT Analysis and Forecast-2026 - Press... - May 11th, 2020
- EDAP TMS SA to Announce First Quarter 2020 Financial Results on May 13, 2020 - Yahoo Finance - May 11th, 2020
- Florida TMS Clinic Offering Copay Waiver for Those Suffering from Depression and Anxiety Affected by COVID-19 - MENAFN.COM - May 1st, 2020
- Pokmon GOs Elite TMs Arrive And Shake Up The Meta Movesets - TheGamer - May 1st, 2020
- Global Toll Management System (TMS) Market With Positive Long-Term Growth Outlook 2020-2025 - Cole of Duty - May 1st, 2020
- Treasury Management System (TMS) Market Growth Opportunities, Challenges, Key Companies, Drivers and Forecast to 2026 Cole Reports - Cole of Duty - May 1st, 2020
- Treasury Management System (TMS) Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - May 1st, 2020
- BrainsWay Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2019 Financial Results and Operational Highlights - Yahoo Finance - March 25th, 2020
- EDAP TMS SA to Announce Fourth Quarter and Year Ended December 31, 2019 Financial Results on Monday, March 30, 2020 - Associated Press - March 25th, 2020
- VIDEO: What is TMS-65U? Soviet-era MiG-15 fighter jet engine powered special vehicle deployed by Russia to battle coronavirus in Italy - International... - March 25th, 2020
- GTreasury Supports New Survey of Corporate Treasurers That Gathers Industry Response Data to the COVID-19 Pandemic - Yahoo Finance - March 25th, 2020
- Strategy Analytics: Coronavirus Expected to Add 5% to Global Video-on-Demand Subscriptions In 2020 - Business Wire - March 25th, 2020
- When Should You Buy EDAP TMS S.A. (NASDAQ:EDAP)? - Simply Wall St - March 25th, 2020
- Neuronetics Hits Major Milestones with More Than 2.5 Million Treatments and 1000 Installations of Its NeuroStar Advanced Therapy System -... - March 16th, 2020
- TMS Red Team ups record to 6-0 | Local Sports - Tullahoma News and Guardian - March 16th, 2020
- Gallery Systems Unveils TMS Collections 2020, the Most Powerful Release of its Online Collections Management Software, to Help Museums Manage Their... - March 16th, 2020
- Global Transportation Management Systems (TMS) MarMarket 2020 with Top Companies, Growth Factors and Development Estimation up to 2025 - NJ MMA News - March 16th, 2020
- US$2.68: That's What Analysts Think Greenbrook TMS Inc. Is Worth After Its Latest Results - Yahoo Finance - March 16th, 2020
- Why Did You Move Your Hand Just Now? Linking Free Will and Movement - The Great Courses Daily News - March 16th, 2020
- Student of the week: The Marin Schools Marissa Ahuncain - Marin Independent Journal - March 16th, 2020
- [Major Update] TMS Confirms, Dr Stone Season 2: What will be the story story arc tell us? Release Date ... - Union Journalism - March 16th, 2020
- Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Industry Market Report 2020: Size, Trends, Competitive Analysis, Types, Applications, Manufactures And... - March 16th, 2020
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX Shiny Pokemon: where to find and how to catch shinies - RPG Site - March 16th, 2020
- 7 Takeaways From REWIRED, An inewsource Investigation - KPBS - February 24th, 2020
- Global transportation management systems (TMS) market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 13.4% over the forecast period from 2018-2024 - Benzinga - February 24th, 2020
- Author talk leads to TMS anti-bullying club - Teton Valley News - February 24th, 2020
- Notice of Nexstim Plc 2019 Full Year Results - Yahoo Finance - February 24th, 2020
- Best informative report on Cyber- Terminal Management System (TMS) Market is growing rapidly with provides detailed profile - Keep Reading - February 24th, 2020
- TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Coil Market Size 2020-2025: Why It Is Important? and Key Manufacturers| MAG & More , Magstim , MagVenture -... - February 24th, 2020
- Harry and Meghan should 'do the right thing' and withdraw TMs - World Intellectual Property Review - February 24th, 2020
- The Morning Show: From Reality To The Screen - Old Gold & Black - February 24th, 2020
- 3Gtms Announces Additions to Board of Directors - Yahoo Finance - January 24th, 2020
- project44 and BluJay Solutions announce new partnership with a focus on visibility - Logistics Management - January 24th, 2020
- Looking back at 2019 in the Tonganoxie community - The Mirror - January 5th, 2020
- Time to move on: How to rework Pokemon Gos TM system - Pokemon GO Hub - January 5th, 2020
- Rita Oras 4th Talent Show Judging Gig Just ANOTHER Cash Grab? - Talent Recap - January 5th, 2020
- These Breakthroughs Made the 2010s the Decade of the Brain - Singularity Hub - January 5th, 2020
- Transportation Management System (Tms): Market 2019 Will Generate New Growth Opportunities in The Upcoming Year to Expand its Size in Overseas Market... - December 31st, 2019
- Read This If You're Considering Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation - Yahoo Lifestyle - December 31st, 2019
- Digitizing Transportation Processes: A Win/Win for Shippers and Carriers | 2019-12-06 - SupplyChainBrain - December 31st, 2019
- Outlook on the World's $1+ Billion Tumor Ablation Market, 2019-2024 - Minimally Invasive (MI) Procedures are Gaining Widespread Preference -... - December 31st, 2019
- The Morning Show Season Finale Recap: Cut the Feed - Vulture - December 27th, 2019
- ConnectToBrain: The dynamics of the brain - SciTech Europa - December 27th, 2019
- Hedge Funds Have Never Been This Bullish On EDAP TMS S.A. (EDAP) - Yahoo Finance - December 27th, 2019
- New Security Scanning Technology Looks To Expand In Cincinnati Area Businesses, Government, Schools - WVXU - December 27th, 2019
- Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Market Share Growing Rapidly with Recent Trends and Outlook 2020 2027 - Market Research Sheets - December 27th, 2019
- This Year's 4 Most Mind-Boggling Stories About the Brain - Singularity Hub - December 27th, 2019
- New kid on the block | easter 2019 - BerthoudSurveyor.com - November 13th, 2019
- ORANGEBURG PROPERTY TRANSFERS - The Times and Democrat - November 13th, 2019
- November 2019 LM Viewpoint: Transformation starts with the basics - Logistics Management - November 13th, 2019
- Real-Life Telepathy Is Closer Than You Think - The Daily Beast - November 13th, 2019
- Sullivan takes over TMS wrestling program | Local Sports - Tullahoma News and Guardian - October 28th, 2019
- TMS projects aim to bring bullying to a halt - Tahlequah Daily Press - October 28th, 2019