On the Pacific coastline of Mexicos Nayarit state lies a small, upscale resort community with a fast-growing population. Punta Mitas dreamy beach-and-jungle setting with plenty to see and do has drawn increasing numbers of remote workers, including many entrepreneurs, in recent years.
Punta Mita is a 1,500-acre private peninsula and a gated, high-end retreat with relatively accessible luxury property prices and an emphasis on rest and relaxation and outdoor pursuits. It offers ideal conditions for remote workers seeking more picturesque surroundings in which to work. Its safe, modern and immersed in nature, plus its a short flight from the West Coast of the U.S..
The sanctuary-inspired, luxury residential resort in west Mexico, just outside Puerto Vallarta has an expanding luxury real estate market and many luxury brands, including two Jack Nicklaus signature golf courses, and top-of-the-range hotels by the Four Seasons, W, St. Regis Punta and the five-star private resort estate of Casa Aramara. All of this is set along a pristine coastline and within its lush interior, which teams with plants, birds and other wildlife.
More: Haddington Offers Historic Homes, From Country Estates to Victorian Townhouses, Just 20 Miles From Edinburgh
Local agents report soaring demand for homes in Punta Mita over the past year or so, dropping inventory levels to a record low. The pandemic has made this destination grow even more popular with the elite for being private and secluded, said Brbara Livas, of Monterrey Sothebys International Realty.
You can enjoy a home with deluxe accommodation and many outdoor activities, she said.
Punta Mita sits at the top tip of the Bay of Banderas, in the Mexican state of Nayarit. It lies just off the Tepic-Puerto Vallarta highway, also known as the Riviera Nayarit Boulevard, which goes north to Sayulita, San Blas and Tepic. Its west, south and east borders are surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, and it is entered at the northern end via the roads Vialidad La Punta and the Federal la Cruz de Huanacaxtle Punta de Mita.
The resort is about 24 miles from the Licenciado Gustavo Daz Ordaz International airport in Puerto Vallarta, which serves multiple destinations in the U.S., including Los Angeles where flights take about three hours.
More: From Portugals Western Algarve to Salt Lake: Six Cities, Six Continents
A nice but simple three-bedroom oceanfront home can start from US$350,000 while a luxury, ten-bedroom residence can cost as much as $12 million and sometimes more in some cases, Ms. Livas said, who added that properties can be sold in either US dollars or Mexican pesos.
Punta Mita has a few standalone houses and mostly apartments and private villas that are part of private developments and resorts, which face the coastline and have serene and secluded ocean views, Ms. Livas said. There are about 20 communities in the resort, including branded private residences, estate lots, golf and waterfront condos, and hillside villas built in a modern and contemporary style with Mexican and Mediterranean influences, according to LPR Luxury Punta de Mita.
Many homes feature high-end amenities and stylish interiors. For example, the Four Seasons private villas have private infinity-edge plunge pools, gourmet kitchens and antique Mexican wooden doors, among other features.
Naya is a new beachfront apartment scheme created by the Mexican-owned One Development Group, housing 60 homes set across eight buildings spread over 11 acres. The complex is built in a minimalist style with concrete and wooden accents and has a 102-meter private beach and large balconies featuring plunge pools. Only one-third of the natural environment has been built on and the residences have ocean views and access to a team of staff, chefs, spa facilities, gym, pools and private beach, among other amenities, Ms. Livas said.
More: Open Spaces, Historic Homes and Rising Prices Define Australias Capital, Canberra
What Makes It Unique
Punta Mita is a gated, low-density, master-planned resort created 15 years ago by Mexican development company Dine who bought the 1,500-acre plot to create a luxury resort with high-end hotels and world-ranking golf courses. It appeals to an exclusive group of people for many reasons, but primarily because of the excellent value it offers in terms of luxury, accessibility, privacy, and a beautiful setting in a secure gated, oceanfront community, Ms. Livas said.
Punta Mita comes from the Aztec word mictlan meaning gateway to paradise and it lives up to its name. The peninsula boasts a lush, jungle setting with a hill overlooking the ocean and has idyllic sandy beaches and coves all along its three sides. It has waters with a kaleidoscope of bright blues and the volcanic Marietas Islands (15 minutes offshore).
Many people come to Punta Mita to unplug and unwind. Its a trend recognized by the hotels on the island with St. Regis Punta Mita Resort encouraging guests to detox from the digital world and reconnect with nature with its new Disconnect to Reconnect package.
From Penta: Future Returns: Investing in Post-Pandemic Fitness and Wellness
Punta Mita is a great place to relax on the beach and not do much else, but there is plenty to keep residents who want more occupied.
At Club Punta Mita, there is the 72-hole, Jack Nicklaus Signature Punta Mita Pacifico Golf Course set on the northernmost point of Banderas Bay, a tennis center, and residents beach club. Punta Mitas other Jack Nicklaus Signature championship par-72 course is called Bahia and offers pars with fairways meandering through the St. Regis Resort, El Encanto, Porta Fortuna and La Punta Estates communities. Nicklauss Pacifico course features the famous Tail of the Whale holean optional part of the course that requires golfers to play their first shot from an onshore tee box to an island green located on a natural rock formation.
The Kupuri Beach Clubs dedicated concierge person guides members through state-of-the-art spa services and recreational activities at Punta Mita Ocean Sports program, which has top-line equipment. Meanwhile, Sufi Ocean Club in the Porta Fortuna community is a new addition and features a curving, beachfront saltwater pool, a stately reception hall, wooden poolside cabanas and seaside dining at the Sufito Cevicheria Bar.
More: Sustainable and Smart: South Koreas Songdo Offers Green Spaces and Good Schools
Across the peninsula, there are walking trails amid nature, while the top local surfing spot at the Cove is a short water taxi ride away. Head to the summit of the nearby 1,150-foot Monkey Mountain in the Higuera Blanca community for impressive coastline views. Meanwhile, the wildlife-filled Marietas Islands have great snorkeling opportunities and the Instagram-worthy Hidden Beach set within a man-made crater.
The W Punta Mita offers a range of dining experiences, including its signature restaurant, Spice Market, which is a must and features a Southeast Asian-inspired menu, as well as Cevicheria, which serves ceviche and craft beers by the ocean. The Four Seasons Punta Mita restaurants include Dos Catrinas, which has authentic Mexican fare with a contemporary twist, and the Asian-inspired Aramara, while Carolina at the St. Regis Punta Mita Resort offers a AAA Diamond Award dining experience and modern Mexican cuisine.
Both the St. Regis and Four Seasons resorts host rotating art exhibitions by contemporary and traditional Mexican and Latin American artists throughout the year and as well as casual clothing stores. Outside of Punta Mita, explore the numerous art galleries and artisan shops in the beach resort city of Puerto Vallarta, an hour away, and in the coastal town of Sayulita, 30 minutes north of Punta Mita.
Puerto Vallartas well-regarded schools include the Instituto SPAC or ISPAC, a private co-ed school for pre-school, primary and secondary students; the British American School, which offers education to students from kindergarten to the 12th grade; the American School of Puerto Vallarta, a private, bilingual and bicultural school for pupils ages 3 to 18.
More: Sandton, Africas Richest Square Mile, Offers a Wide Range of Luxury Homes and a Bustling Economy
Who Lives There
Its mostly wealthy Mexicans and Americans and many have chosen the resort as a refuge from the pandemic, Ms. Livas said. For some its a vacation home, for others its a second home. The people who live here are part of a community of individuals who share tastes for the finer things in life, she said. They love to have a fun and relaxing time just as much as they like to work hard. Within the last ten years, the entrepreneurial community has begun to make a strong move here and has become one of the leading buyers of Punta Mita real estate.
Bill Gates and Tim Ferris own property on thebeachfront in Punta Mita, according to Ms. Livas. Jack Nicklaus designed the Pacifico golf course a few years after he started to regularly holiday at the resort in the late 1990s.
More: Buyers Are Flocking the Golden Triangle of Portugals Algarve Region
Theres a positive outlook for the Punta Mita market over the coming year, Ms. Livas. Punta Mita real estate trends have been very favorable, even in a post-pandemic world. It has become a highly desirable location, especially with the growing acceptance of remote work.
Alejandro Aldrete of The Agency says that sales have been out of control since last summer. He added that inventory levels are very low because everything is being bought and that the market is as hot as its ever been.
Click for more profiles of high-end neighborhoods around the world
Read this article:
- From private islands to fancy cars, here are the things Jay-Z has gifted Beyonc - MSN UK - September 5th, 2021
- An incredible private island for sale in the Summer Isles at the price of a central London parking space - Country Life - September 5th, 2021
- Putin Says Private Businesses, Japanese Firms On Disputed Kurile Islands To Receive Tax Breaks - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty - September 5th, 2021
- Optimistic Researchers Say There Still Time To Head Off Climate Change Before It Starts Killing Rich People - The Onion - September 5th, 2021
- Hilton to Debut in Spectacular Santorini with Stunning Beachfront Property - Hospitality Net - September 5th, 2021
- The Return of the Dream Honeymoon - The New York Times - September 5th, 2021
- Saint Lucia Island Innovation Ambassador to Participate at Virtual Island Summit 2021 - St. Lucia News From The Voice - The Voice St. Lucia - September 5th, 2021
- Exploring the Elizabeth Islands (and swimming with cows) - The Boston Globe - July 12th, 2021
- Holiday on Welsh private island goes viral on TikTok and stuns people around the world - Wales Online - July 12th, 2021
- Dusit International subsidiary Elite Havens recognised for offering one of 'The World's Most Amazing Vacation Rentals' in new Netflix series -... - July 12th, 2021
- Attempt to Spend Elon Musk's $160 Billion Wealth With This Online Simulator - Newsweek - July 12th, 2021
- How Neighbor Islands Are Working To Address Overtourism In Hawaii - Honolulu Civil Beat - July 12th, 2021
- Beautiful Scottish island goes on sale for the same price as Edinburgh city centre flat - Edinburgh Live - July 12th, 2021
- Islands receive more than $2 million in recreation... - Journal of the San Juan Islands - July 12th, 2021
- Secluded Camp with 4000 ft of Lake Frontage in NY's Adirondacks Scheduled for Luxury Auction July 16th - Markets Insider - July 12th, 2021
- Revisiting 'The Island of Dr. Moreau': Marlon Brando's fever dream - Far Out Magazine - July 12th, 2021
- Carnivals First Cruise Live Blog: Day 7, Heading Home (and a COVID Test) - Cruzely.com - July 12th, 2021
- Where Sun, Sand and Splendor Are Still to Be Discovered - The New York Times - June 10th, 2021
- The Best Smaller Islands to Visit in the BVIs - AFAR Media - June 10th, 2021
- Norwegian Donates $25000 to the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation - Cruise Industry News - June 10th, 2021
- The 15 most beautiful Scottish islands to visit - goodhousekeeping.com - June 10th, 2021
- This Entire B.C. Island Could Be Yours For Less Than $640000 - 604 Now - June 10th, 2021
- St Barts to re-open its borders to vacationers on June 9 - GlobeNewswire - June 10th, 2021
- Celebrate World Oceans Day 2021 All Year Round At These Sustainable Luxury Resorts - Forbes - June 10th, 2021
- Why agents need to have villas and private homes in their sights - TTG - June 10th, 2021
- Privacy Is the New Luxury: 5 Caribbean Destinations Offering Ultra-Luxe Experiences - Yahoo Finance - June 10th, 2021
- Be the ruler of your own island on BC's Sunshine Coast for just over $1 million - BC News - Castanet.net - June 10th, 2021
- This Riviera-inspired island resort will be the ultimate party hotspot - What's On - June 10th, 2021
- Escape the island with a staycation on a smaller one - BreakingNews.ie - April 5th, 2021
- The private islands you can rent in France, Spain and Greece from just 12pp a night... - The Sun - April 5th, 2021
- A New Private-Island Resort in the US Virgin Islands - Caribbean Journal - April 5th, 2021
- Immunity pods of family and friends start to venture out on private vaxications - The Boston Globe - April 5th, 2021
- Royal Caribbean Thanks Emergency Services, NHS And Armed Forces With UK Homecoming, Set For This Summer - KPVI News 6 - April 5th, 2021
- Camping Returns To Apostle Islands National Lakeshore - National Parks Traveler - April 5th, 2021
- Ghislaine Maxwell Faces Two New Trafficking Charges, Raising Pressure On Prince Andrew And Others Listed In Jeffrey Epsteins Little Black Book -... - April 5th, 2021
- Staycation in Scotland: 6 remote and beautiful Scottish Island escapes - HeraldScotland - April 5th, 2021
- Private Plane Vacation Packages Are the Big New Thing in Resort Travel - InsideHook - April 5th, 2021
- Valentine's Special: 16 Spectacular Heart-Shaped Islands and Lakes on Earth (PHOTOS) | The Weather Channel - Articles from The Weather Channel |... - February 15th, 2021
- Skulls, Private Islands, And Wu-Tang: Fun Things Jeff Bezos Could... - 2oceansvibe News - February 15th, 2021
- Dream Honeymoons: A Stopover in Dubai Makes this Maldives Adventure Doubly Sweet - My New Orleans - February 15th, 2021
- Can You Afford to Live on a Cruise Ship With Social Security Alone? - Cruzely.com - February 15th, 2021
- Privacy is the New Luxury: The World's Most Exclusive Villa Holidays to Book For 2021 - Luxury Travel Magazine - February 15th, 2021
- 19 things to know before your first trip to the Maldives - Cond Nast Traveller India - February 15th, 2021
- Luxury, waterfront home on Venice Island listed at $3.5M - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - February 15th, 2021
- Things to do in Maldives, where the world seems headed this year-end - Moneycontrol.com - December 5th, 2020
- Is Princess Plus Worth It? Program Details and What to Know - Cruzely.com - December 5th, 2020
- Conspiracy theories are a threat to democracy - Canton Repository - December 5th, 2020
- Juliet Twena: The 'must see' sights on my bucket list - part one - Jersey Evening Post - December 5th, 2020
- 15 Biggest Islands on Earth - Yahoo Finance - October 19th, 2020
- How to Plan the Ultimate Caribbean Luxury Vacation - Caribbean Journal - October 19th, 2020
- Escape To The Secret Sophistication of The Florida Keys - Ocean Drive Magazine - October 19th, 2020
- Disney Cruise Line has 2022 itineraries and an update on Disney Wish - Travelweek - October 19th, 2020
- D'Aguilar: Be patient on tourism restart - EyeWitness News - October 19th, 2020
- Ngpuhi protesters prepared to stand in front of bulldozers to stop development on whi tapu land - RNZ - October 19th, 2020
- Miss 'overseas' holidays? Head to the Hauraki Gulf - New Zealand Herald - October 19th, 2020
- Beaver Island Retreat, In Up-North Michigan Indianapolis Monthly - Indianapolis Monthly - October 19th, 2020
- Airlines really want you to fly this winter, and these Caribbean islands are ready for tourists - The Dallas Morning News - October 10th, 2020
- BVI Tourist Board Meets With Major Tourism Industry Partners - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - October 10th, 2020
- 'We lost ourselves': Future Islands, the synthpop band who nearly blew it - The Guardian - October 10th, 2020
- French bank BNP is asked for information on Jeffrey Epstein's wealth - Independent.ie - October 10th, 2020
- BVI Businesses Are Soon Going To Be Lovin' It. - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - October 10th, 2020
- BVI Tourist Board Meets With Major Tourism Industry Partners - Government of the Virgin Islands - October 8th, 2020
- Belize Reopens: Heres The Ultimate Secluded Getaway - Forbes - October 8th, 2020
- Privately funded search team claims to have found possible signs of life on islands near where Gulf Livestock 1 sank - 9News - October 8th, 2020
- Government To Discuss Reopening Protocols With Service Industry - Government of the Virgin Islands - October 8th, 2020
- The perfect fix for your travel itch comes in the form of private jets - Lifestyle Asia - October 8th, 2020
- Cayman Islands Removed from the EU Blacklist | Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP - JD Supra - October 8th, 2020
- These New Luxury Blimps Hope to Become the Superyachts of the Skies - Robb Report - August 20th, 2020
- Hot Property: Eagle Island - Cowboys and Indians - August 20th, 2020
- Turks and Caicos is open, but some resorts are closed - Travel Weekly - August 20th, 2020
- The rise of the 'jetcation': How hotels are using private jets to entice customers - Telegraph.co.uk - August 20th, 2020
- 13 Underrated Places That Americans Are Allowed to Visit Now - Best Life - August 20th, 2020
- The Bitcoiners Who Live Permanently Not There - Yahoo Finance - August 20th, 2020
- Seabourn works to grow events business in wake of Covid-19 suspension - Breaking Travel News - August 20th, 2020
- South Korea's Jeju Island Selects ICONLOOP Blockchain Technology for Private, Secure COVID-19 Contact Tracing A new blockchain-based mobile app... - August 20th, 2020
- Vakkaru Maldives' Unmatched New Hospitality Concept Will Take the Utmost Care of You - Hospitality Net - August 10th, 2020
- Bridesmaid for Princess Diana was guest on Jeffrey Epstein's island and flew in his jets - Mirror.co.uk - August 10th, 2020
- How to Visit Someones Island in Dreams in Animal Crossing: New Horizons - How-To Geek - August 10th, 2020
- Resorts reopen in Maldives as travel restrictions lift - Breaking Travel News - August 10th, 2020
- Paradise beaches, cocktails and hiking trails in Mauritius and you can stay at 6k-a-night hotel for 1,250 - The Irish Sun - August 10th, 2020