Norwegian Cruise Line has announced that it has donated $25,000 to the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation (GHOF) in honor of World Oceans Day on June 8.
Additionally, according to a press release, the world-renowned artist will create a custom masterpiece that will wrap the Lighthouse on Great Stirrup Cay, the cruise lines private island in the Bahamas.
The donation, which is part of a continued partnership to raise awareness about the importance of ocean conservation, will further benefit the foundations scientific research, including first-of-its-kind shark tracking programs which have revealed discovery insights into the lives of these species and therefore encouraged increased protection efforts.
The donation will also assist in the development and availability of the GHOF Educational Program, designed to provide state-standardized curriculum that introduces students K-12 to the beauty of the worlds oceans and its delicate ecosystem.
"I am thrilled to celebrate World Oceans Day with Norwegian Cruise Line," said Guy Harvey. "(Norwegians) support of the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation has been instrumental in conducting our cutting-edge marine research and engaging cruisers with our award-winning video content and educational programs. We all look forward to safely getting back out on the water to sustainably enjoy our ocean resources."
As part of the partnership, Guy Harveys iconic marine wildlife depictions including sea turtles, manta rays, dolphins, and more will decorate the Great Stirrup Cays Lighthouse, which at nearly 100 feet high, also serves as the launch pad to the private islands zipline, which spans a total of 1,200 feet long at 110 feet above the ground.
Later in 2021, guests will be able to enjoy this work while zipping to new heights and taking in endless ocean vistas, the cruise line said.
"We have a responsibility to protect our ocean resources now and for future generations to come," said Harry Sommer, president and chief executive officer at Norwegian Cruise Line.
"Through our global corporate sustainability program, Sail & Sustain, we are always looking for new partnerships, technologies and processes to protect and preserve the world around us. Our continued partnership with the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation has allowed us to continue to fulfill our environmental commitments of preservation, while also fostering a culture of awareness among our guests," he added.
Norwegian Cruise Line and GHOF have a long-standing partnership of working together to bring awareness to the importance of protecting marine wildlife and the benefits of a naturally balanced ocean ecosystem through various initiatives, including annual conservation cruises aboard Norwegian Escape, whose hull art was designed by Guy Harvey and depicts a magnificent underwater scene.
During these voyages, guests have the opportunity to interact with Guy Harvey through curated events and panel discussions led by him and the leading experts and scientists from Nova Southeastern Universitys Guy Harvey Research Institute.
The next annual conservation cruise will take place in 2022, with additional details forthcoming, Norwegian wrote.
As part of its sustainability initiatives, Norwegian became the first major cruise company to eliminate single-use plastic water bottles across its 17-ship fleet and private islands, replacing over six million single-use plastic water bottles each year through its partnership with JUST Goods, Inc. The Company has also eliminated all single-use plastic straws, plates and cutlery on Great Stirrup Cay.
The partnership between the brands parent company Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. and the Guy Harvey Research Institute at Nova Southeastern University includes a coral reef restoration initiative to reduce the effects of natural and anthropogenic stressors around the coral reefs surrounding Great Stirrup Cay as part of its global corporate sustainability program Sail & Sustain. Through this program, the company has launched many successful initiatives to mitigate waste, invest in new technologies to improve fuel and energy efficiency and promote water conservation and management across the fleet. The implementation of initiatives by the dedicated ship crews and unique company partnerships are essential to the programs success.
See the original post:
- Exploring the Elizabeth Islands (and swimming with cows) - The Boston Globe - July 12th, 2021
- Holiday on Welsh private island goes viral on TikTok and stuns people around the world - Wales Online - July 12th, 2021
- Dusit International subsidiary Elite Havens recognised for offering one of 'The World's Most Amazing Vacation Rentals' in new Netflix series -... - July 12th, 2021
- Attempt to Spend Elon Musk's $160 Billion Wealth With This Online Simulator - Newsweek - July 12th, 2021
- How Neighbor Islands Are Working To Address Overtourism In Hawaii - Honolulu Civil Beat - July 12th, 2021
- Beautiful Scottish island goes on sale for the same price as Edinburgh city centre flat - Edinburgh Live - July 12th, 2021
- Islands receive more than $2 million in recreation... - Journal of the San Juan Islands - July 12th, 2021
- Secluded Camp with 4000 ft of Lake Frontage in NY's Adirondacks Scheduled for Luxury Auction July 16th - Markets Insider - July 12th, 2021
- Revisiting 'The Island of Dr. Moreau': Marlon Brando's fever dream - Far Out Magazine - July 12th, 2021
- Carnivals First Cruise Live Blog: Day 7, Heading Home (and a COVID Test) - Cruzely.com - July 12th, 2021
- Where Sun, Sand and Splendor Are Still to Be Discovered - The New York Times - June 10th, 2021
- The Best Smaller Islands to Visit in the BVIs - AFAR Media - June 10th, 2021
- The 15 most beautiful Scottish islands to visit - goodhousekeeping.com - June 10th, 2021
- This Entire B.C. Island Could Be Yours For Less Than $640000 - 604 Now - June 10th, 2021
- St Barts to re-open its borders to vacationers on June 9 - GlobeNewswire - June 10th, 2021
- Celebrate World Oceans Day 2021 All Year Round At These Sustainable Luxury Resorts - Forbes - June 10th, 2021
- Why agents need to have villas and private homes in their sights - TTG - June 10th, 2021
- Privacy Is the New Luxury: 5 Caribbean Destinations Offering Ultra-Luxe Experiences - Yahoo Finance - June 10th, 2021
- Be the ruler of your own island on BC's Sunshine Coast for just over $1 million - BC News - Castanet.net - June 10th, 2021
- This Riviera-inspired island resort will be the ultimate party hotspot - What's On - June 10th, 2021
- Escape the island with a staycation on a smaller one - BreakingNews.ie - April 5th, 2021
- The private islands you can rent in France, Spain and Greece from just 12pp a night... - The Sun - April 5th, 2021
- A New Private-Island Resort in the US Virgin Islands - Caribbean Journal - April 5th, 2021
- Immunity pods of family and friends start to venture out on private vaxications - The Boston Globe - April 5th, 2021
- Royal Caribbean Thanks Emergency Services, NHS And Armed Forces With UK Homecoming, Set For This Summer - KPVI News 6 - April 5th, 2021
- Camping Returns To Apostle Islands National Lakeshore - National Parks Traveler - April 5th, 2021
- Ghislaine Maxwell Faces Two New Trafficking Charges, Raising Pressure On Prince Andrew And Others Listed In Jeffrey Epsteins Little Black Book -... - April 5th, 2021
- Staycation in Scotland: 6 remote and beautiful Scottish Island escapes - HeraldScotland - April 5th, 2021
- Private Plane Vacation Packages Are the Big New Thing in Resort Travel - InsideHook - April 5th, 2021
- Valentine's Special: 16 Spectacular Heart-Shaped Islands and Lakes on Earth (PHOTOS) | The Weather Channel - Articles from The Weather Channel |... - February 15th, 2021
- Skulls, Private Islands, And Wu-Tang: Fun Things Jeff Bezos Could... - 2oceansvibe News - February 15th, 2021
- Dream Honeymoons: A Stopover in Dubai Makes this Maldives Adventure Doubly Sweet - My New Orleans - February 15th, 2021
- Can You Afford to Live on a Cruise Ship With Social Security Alone? - Cruzely.com - February 15th, 2021
- Privacy is the New Luxury: The World's Most Exclusive Villa Holidays to Book For 2021 - Luxury Travel Magazine - February 15th, 2021
- 19 things to know before your first trip to the Maldives - Cond Nast Traveller India - February 15th, 2021
- Luxury, waterfront home on Venice Island listed at $3.5M - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - February 15th, 2021
- Things to do in Maldives, where the world seems headed this year-end - Moneycontrol.com - December 5th, 2020
- Is Princess Plus Worth It? Program Details and What to Know - Cruzely.com - December 5th, 2020
- Conspiracy theories are a threat to democracy - Canton Repository - December 5th, 2020
- Juliet Twena: The 'must see' sights on my bucket list - part one - Jersey Evening Post - December 5th, 2020
- 15 Biggest Islands on Earth - Yahoo Finance - October 19th, 2020
- How to Plan the Ultimate Caribbean Luxury Vacation - Caribbean Journal - October 19th, 2020
- Escape To The Secret Sophistication of The Florida Keys - Ocean Drive Magazine - October 19th, 2020
- Disney Cruise Line has 2022 itineraries and an update on Disney Wish - Travelweek - October 19th, 2020
- D'Aguilar: Be patient on tourism restart - EyeWitness News - October 19th, 2020
- Ngpuhi protesters prepared to stand in front of bulldozers to stop development on whi tapu land - RNZ - October 19th, 2020
- Miss 'overseas' holidays? Head to the Hauraki Gulf - New Zealand Herald - October 19th, 2020
- Beaver Island Retreat, In Up-North Michigan Indianapolis Monthly - Indianapolis Monthly - October 19th, 2020
- Airlines really want you to fly this winter, and these Caribbean islands are ready for tourists - The Dallas Morning News - October 10th, 2020
- BVI Tourist Board Meets With Major Tourism Industry Partners - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - October 10th, 2020
- 'We lost ourselves': Future Islands, the synthpop band who nearly blew it - The Guardian - October 10th, 2020
- French bank BNP is asked for information on Jeffrey Epstein's wealth - Independent.ie - October 10th, 2020
- BVI Businesses Are Soon Going To Be Lovin' It. - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - October 10th, 2020
- BVI Tourist Board Meets With Major Tourism Industry Partners - Government of the Virgin Islands - October 8th, 2020
- Belize Reopens: Heres The Ultimate Secluded Getaway - Forbes - October 8th, 2020
- Privately funded search team claims to have found possible signs of life on islands near where Gulf Livestock 1 sank - 9News - October 8th, 2020
- Government To Discuss Reopening Protocols With Service Industry - Government of the Virgin Islands - October 8th, 2020
- The perfect fix for your travel itch comes in the form of private jets - Lifestyle Asia - October 8th, 2020
- Cayman Islands Removed from the EU Blacklist | Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP - JD Supra - October 8th, 2020
- These New Luxury Blimps Hope to Become the Superyachts of the Skies - Robb Report - August 20th, 2020
- Hot Property: Eagle Island - Cowboys and Indians - August 20th, 2020
- Turks and Caicos is open, but some resorts are closed - Travel Weekly - August 20th, 2020
- The rise of the 'jetcation': How hotels are using private jets to entice customers - Telegraph.co.uk - August 20th, 2020
- 13 Underrated Places That Americans Are Allowed to Visit Now - Best Life - August 20th, 2020
- The Bitcoiners Who Live Permanently Not There - Yahoo Finance - August 20th, 2020
- Seabourn works to grow events business in wake of Covid-19 suspension - Breaking Travel News - August 20th, 2020
- South Korea's Jeju Island Selects ICONLOOP Blockchain Technology for Private, Secure COVID-19 Contact Tracing A new blockchain-based mobile app... - August 20th, 2020
- Vakkaru Maldives' Unmatched New Hospitality Concept Will Take the Utmost Care of You - Hospitality Net - August 10th, 2020
- Bridesmaid for Princess Diana was guest on Jeffrey Epstein's island and flew in his jets - Mirror.co.uk - August 10th, 2020
- How to Visit Someones Island in Dreams in Animal Crossing: New Horizons - How-To Geek - August 10th, 2020
- Resorts reopen in Maldives as travel restrictions lift - Breaking Travel News - August 10th, 2020
- Paradise beaches, cocktails and hiking trails in Mauritius and you can stay at 6k-a-night hotel for 1,250 - The Irish Sun - August 10th, 2020
- PM lifts restrictions on southern islands, 20 new cases reported - EyeWitness News - August 10th, 2020
- A promise is a promise at least to these two - Coastal Point - August 10th, 2020
- The Good Place Season 3: The Best One-Liners of The Season - TheThings - August 10th, 2020
- Five of the worlds best private islands for sale - Financial Times - August 8th, 2020
- Chinas secret war on America, a Fox News sex scandal, and a space-time wormhole in this weeks dubious tabloids - Boing Boing - August 8th, 2020
- Recycling being boosted on holiday island of Santorini | Kathimerini - www.ekathimerini.com - August 8th, 2020
- St. Barts Travel: 7 Things Not To Miss When Visiting the Island - Forbes - August 8th, 2020
- The Nautilus Maldives refreshed and ready to reopen on 1 September - ITCM - August 7th, 2020