The promised second summer update forAnimal Crossing: New Horizonshas been released, and it restores the ability to visit another players island in your dreams. Before you can do so, though, youll need a Nintendo Online membership.
Before you launchAnimal Crossing: New Horizonson your Nintendo Switch, be sure youre connected to the internet todownload the latest software update. Youll need to be running version 1.4.0 or higher to access the new summer update content.
RELATED: How to Update Nintendo Switch Games
If youre connected to the internet before you launch the game for the first time, the launcher will automatically notify you that a new software update is available.
If you missed the automatic update notification, navigate to theAnimal Crossing: New Horizons gamelauncher on your Nintendo Switch Home screen. Press the Plus Sign (+) button on your right Joy-Con controller to open the Options menu.
Youll see Ver. 1.4.0 or higher in the top-left corner under the game title if youre updated to the latest version. If not, select Software Update, and then choose Via the Internet to download the latest update to your Nintendo Switch.
Press the A button on your controller to submit any changes. After the game updates and launches, a prompt will inform you that your save data will be updated to the latest version release.
To begin your dream-walking journey, take a nap in any bed in your house. If you dont have a bed, check your mailbox. Nintendo has sent players Lunas Bed just for accessing the update! After dozing off, youll appear in a dream realm and be greeted by Luna.
Luna grants those who share their island a Dream Address, which players can exchange and use to visit each others islands in the dream-state. Think of it as a friend codefor dreaming.
RELATED: How to Connect With Friends in "Animal Crossing: New Horizons"
An internet connection is required and you must have a Nintendo Online membership to visit and receive visitors when accessing the new dreaming feature. Luna will remove all items from your inventory before you embark.
To invite people to your island, climb into a bed. You do this by tilting the directional analog controller next to the bed in your home. After youre in bed, select Yeah, I Want to Sleep . . . from the menu.
When you wake up, youre greeted by Luna. After a short introduction, Luna will ask if youd like to dream or share your dream.
If you want to receive visitors to your dream island, select Id Like to Share a Dream. An internet connection is required to upload the current state of your island and share it as a Dream.
Luna will give you a few warnings before you can upload your dream to the internet. First, when sharing the dream of your island, other playersincluding those you dont knowwill be able to visit a version of your island. However, they can only do so if they have your 12-digit dream address code. They can also visit your island when youre offline.
This means player-generated data about your island and its residents will be public. This data includes all of the following:
Visitors to your dream can also bring back any design on display in your Customs Designs Portal.
This is no different than inviting a friend or random players to visit your island, though. They cant make any changes to your island. However, as long as the dream address exists, anyone can visit it.
After you listen to Lunas rules and conditions, select Im Ready!
Luna will connect to the internet to save your game, and then upload the current state of your island to a dream state. A 12-digit Dream Address you can share is assigned to the uploaded dream and its also uploaded to her library. Anyone who has this 12-digit code can visit this dream state of your island.
You can talk to Luna once per day and request that she update the current state of your island to her dream library (the internet).
If youd like to visit another players dream island, asecure internet connection is required. When youre ready, repeat the steps above to locate a bed and fall asleep. Then, select I Want to Dream from Lunas list.
After the short introduction we explained above, Luna will ask if youre ready to visit another players dream island. Choose Yes, I Am! from the menu. Luna will connect to the internet to save your game, and then you must input the dream address of the island youd like to visit.
Input the 12-digit code, and then press the Plus Sign (+) button on your right Joy-Con controller to move forward.
Luna will ask you to confirm the name of the island youre visiting. If the name of the island is correct, select Yes, It Is! and Luna will connect to the internet.
When you appear on the dream island, Luna will give you a quick explanation of how things work.In dreams, nothing is permanent because nothing you do is saved, so explore to your hearts content.
When youre ready to leave, just hop back into bed and select I Want to Wake Up!
Youll wake up in your bed with your belongings returned to you.
By default, your characters dream address is set to appear on your passport and your islands map. If you dont want it displayed, you must ask Luna to change the settings.
To do so, hop into your bed to enter the dream state, and then select Yeah, I Want to Sleep.
When Luna appears, select About the Dream I Shared, and then choose Adjust Dream Address Privacy. You can also delete a dream address by selecting Delete the Dream.
Luna will present the option to change your dream address to private. Select Yes. Make It Private from her menu to do so. Shell confirm shes set your dream address to private. Press B on your right Joy-Con to exit the dream state.
You can confirm these changes once youre outside of Lunas dream realm. To confirm these changes, press the ZL shoulder-button on your left Joy-Con controller to bring up your Nook Phone menu.
Select Passport and take a look at your islands Map to make sure the dream address was removed. The image below shows what a passport looks like when the dream settings are public.
There doesnt appear to be any way to visit another island without a dream address (sorryAnimal Crossing: New Leaf fans!). With this new addition to the game, though, players can create a dream island to share creative and awe-inspiring designs and layouts with visitors.
Dreaming can be a fun way to visit a friends island and get some inspiration without arranging a Dodo Airlines visit (which also requires your friend to be online).
RELATED: 'Animal Crossing' July 30th Update Adds Cloud Saves, Dream Addresses, Fireworks
- From private islands to fancy cars, here are the things Jay-Z has gifted Beyonc - MSN UK - September 5th, 2021
- An incredible private island for sale in the Summer Isles at the price of a central London parking space - Country Life - September 5th, 2021
- Putin Says Private Businesses, Japanese Firms On Disputed Kurile Islands To Receive Tax Breaks - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty - September 5th, 2021
- Optimistic Researchers Say There Still Time To Head Off Climate Change Before It Starts Killing Rich People - The Onion - September 5th, 2021
- Hilton to Debut in Spectacular Santorini with Stunning Beachfront Property - Hospitality Net - September 5th, 2021
- The Return of the Dream Honeymoon - The New York Times - September 5th, 2021
- Punta Mita, Mexico, Is Having Its Day in the Sun - Mansion Global - September 5th, 2021
- Saint Lucia Island Innovation Ambassador to Participate at Virtual Island Summit 2021 - St. Lucia News From The Voice - The Voice St. Lucia - September 5th, 2021
- Exploring the Elizabeth Islands (and swimming with cows) - The Boston Globe - July 12th, 2021
- Holiday on Welsh private island goes viral on TikTok and stuns people around the world - Wales Online - July 12th, 2021
- Dusit International subsidiary Elite Havens recognised for offering one of 'The World's Most Amazing Vacation Rentals' in new Netflix series -... - July 12th, 2021
- Attempt to Spend Elon Musk's $160 Billion Wealth With This Online Simulator - Newsweek - July 12th, 2021
- How Neighbor Islands Are Working To Address Overtourism In Hawaii - Honolulu Civil Beat - July 12th, 2021
- Beautiful Scottish island goes on sale for the same price as Edinburgh city centre flat - Edinburgh Live - July 12th, 2021
- Islands receive more than $2 million in recreation... - Journal of the San Juan Islands - July 12th, 2021
- Secluded Camp with 4000 ft of Lake Frontage in NY's Adirondacks Scheduled for Luxury Auction July 16th - Markets Insider - July 12th, 2021
- Revisiting 'The Island of Dr. Moreau': Marlon Brando's fever dream - Far Out Magazine - July 12th, 2021
- Carnivals First Cruise Live Blog: Day 7, Heading Home (and a COVID Test) - Cruzely.com - July 12th, 2021
- Where Sun, Sand and Splendor Are Still to Be Discovered - The New York Times - June 10th, 2021
- The Best Smaller Islands to Visit in the BVIs - AFAR Media - June 10th, 2021
- Norwegian Donates $25000 to the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation - Cruise Industry News - June 10th, 2021
- The 15 most beautiful Scottish islands to visit - goodhousekeeping.com - June 10th, 2021
- This Entire B.C. Island Could Be Yours For Less Than $640000 - 604 Now - June 10th, 2021
- St Barts to re-open its borders to vacationers on June 9 - GlobeNewswire - June 10th, 2021
- Celebrate World Oceans Day 2021 All Year Round At These Sustainable Luxury Resorts - Forbes - June 10th, 2021
- Why agents need to have villas and private homes in their sights - TTG - June 10th, 2021
- Privacy Is the New Luxury: 5 Caribbean Destinations Offering Ultra-Luxe Experiences - Yahoo Finance - June 10th, 2021
- Be the ruler of your own island on BC's Sunshine Coast for just over $1 million - BC News - Castanet.net - June 10th, 2021
- This Riviera-inspired island resort will be the ultimate party hotspot - What's On - June 10th, 2021
- Escape the island with a staycation on a smaller one - BreakingNews.ie - April 5th, 2021
- The private islands you can rent in France, Spain and Greece from just 12pp a night... - The Sun - April 5th, 2021
- A New Private-Island Resort in the US Virgin Islands - Caribbean Journal - April 5th, 2021
- Immunity pods of family and friends start to venture out on private vaxications - The Boston Globe - April 5th, 2021
- Royal Caribbean Thanks Emergency Services, NHS And Armed Forces With UK Homecoming, Set For This Summer - KPVI News 6 - April 5th, 2021
- Camping Returns To Apostle Islands National Lakeshore - National Parks Traveler - April 5th, 2021
- Ghislaine Maxwell Faces Two New Trafficking Charges, Raising Pressure On Prince Andrew And Others Listed In Jeffrey Epsteins Little Black Book -... - April 5th, 2021
- Staycation in Scotland: 6 remote and beautiful Scottish Island escapes - HeraldScotland - April 5th, 2021
- Private Plane Vacation Packages Are the Big New Thing in Resort Travel - InsideHook - April 5th, 2021
- Valentine's Special: 16 Spectacular Heart-Shaped Islands and Lakes on Earth (PHOTOS) | The Weather Channel - Articles from The Weather Channel |... - February 15th, 2021
- Skulls, Private Islands, And Wu-Tang: Fun Things Jeff Bezos Could... - 2oceansvibe News - February 15th, 2021
- Dream Honeymoons: A Stopover in Dubai Makes this Maldives Adventure Doubly Sweet - My New Orleans - February 15th, 2021
- Can You Afford to Live on a Cruise Ship With Social Security Alone? - Cruzely.com - February 15th, 2021
- Privacy is the New Luxury: The World's Most Exclusive Villa Holidays to Book For 2021 - Luxury Travel Magazine - February 15th, 2021
- 19 things to know before your first trip to the Maldives - Cond Nast Traveller India - February 15th, 2021
- Luxury, waterfront home on Venice Island listed at $3.5M - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - February 15th, 2021
- Things to do in Maldives, where the world seems headed this year-end - Moneycontrol.com - December 5th, 2020
- Is Princess Plus Worth It? Program Details and What to Know - Cruzely.com - December 5th, 2020
- Conspiracy theories are a threat to democracy - Canton Repository - December 5th, 2020
- Juliet Twena: The 'must see' sights on my bucket list - part one - Jersey Evening Post - December 5th, 2020
- 15 Biggest Islands on Earth - Yahoo Finance - October 19th, 2020
- How to Plan the Ultimate Caribbean Luxury Vacation - Caribbean Journal - October 19th, 2020
- Escape To The Secret Sophistication of The Florida Keys - Ocean Drive Magazine - October 19th, 2020
- Disney Cruise Line has 2022 itineraries and an update on Disney Wish - Travelweek - October 19th, 2020
- D'Aguilar: Be patient on tourism restart - EyeWitness News - October 19th, 2020
- Ngpuhi protesters prepared to stand in front of bulldozers to stop development on whi tapu land - RNZ - October 19th, 2020
- Miss 'overseas' holidays? Head to the Hauraki Gulf - New Zealand Herald - October 19th, 2020
- Beaver Island Retreat, In Up-North Michigan Indianapolis Monthly - Indianapolis Monthly - October 19th, 2020
- Airlines really want you to fly this winter, and these Caribbean islands are ready for tourists - The Dallas Morning News - October 10th, 2020
- BVI Tourist Board Meets With Major Tourism Industry Partners - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - October 10th, 2020
- 'We lost ourselves': Future Islands, the synthpop band who nearly blew it - The Guardian - October 10th, 2020
- French bank BNP is asked for information on Jeffrey Epstein's wealth - Independent.ie - October 10th, 2020
- BVI Businesses Are Soon Going To Be Lovin' It. - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - October 10th, 2020
- BVI Tourist Board Meets With Major Tourism Industry Partners - Government of the Virgin Islands - October 8th, 2020
- Belize Reopens: Heres The Ultimate Secluded Getaway - Forbes - October 8th, 2020
- Privately funded search team claims to have found possible signs of life on islands near where Gulf Livestock 1 sank - 9News - October 8th, 2020
- Government To Discuss Reopening Protocols With Service Industry - Government of the Virgin Islands - October 8th, 2020
- The perfect fix for your travel itch comes in the form of private jets - Lifestyle Asia - October 8th, 2020
- Cayman Islands Removed from the EU Blacklist | Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP - JD Supra - October 8th, 2020
- These New Luxury Blimps Hope to Become the Superyachts of the Skies - Robb Report - August 20th, 2020
- Hot Property: Eagle Island - Cowboys and Indians - August 20th, 2020
- Turks and Caicos is open, but some resorts are closed - Travel Weekly - August 20th, 2020
- The rise of the 'jetcation': How hotels are using private jets to entice customers - Telegraph.co.uk - August 20th, 2020
- 13 Underrated Places That Americans Are Allowed to Visit Now - Best Life - August 20th, 2020
- The Bitcoiners Who Live Permanently Not There - Yahoo Finance - August 20th, 2020
- Seabourn works to grow events business in wake of Covid-19 suspension - Breaking Travel News - August 20th, 2020
- South Korea's Jeju Island Selects ICONLOOP Blockchain Technology for Private, Secure COVID-19 Contact Tracing A new blockchain-based mobile app... - August 20th, 2020
- Vakkaru Maldives' Unmatched New Hospitality Concept Will Take the Utmost Care of You - Hospitality Net - August 10th, 2020
- Bridesmaid for Princess Diana was guest on Jeffrey Epstein's island and flew in his jets - Mirror.co.uk - August 10th, 2020
- Resorts reopen in Maldives as travel restrictions lift - Breaking Travel News - August 10th, 2020
- Paradise beaches, cocktails and hiking trails in Mauritius and you can stay at 6k-a-night hotel for 1,250 - The Irish Sun - August 10th, 2020