The promised second summer update forAnimal Crossing: New Horizonshas been released, and it restores the ability to visit another players island in your dreams. Before you can do so, though, youll need a Nintendo Online membership.
Before you launchAnimal Crossing: New Horizonson your Nintendo Switch, be sure youre connected to the internet todownload the latest software update. Youll need to be running version 1.4.0 or higher to access the new summer update content.
RELATED: How to Update Nintendo Switch Games
If youre connected to the internet before you launch the game for the first time, the launcher will automatically notify you that a new software update is available.
If you missed the automatic update notification, navigate to theAnimal Crossing: New Horizons gamelauncher on your Nintendo Switch Home screen. Press the Plus Sign (+) button on your right Joy-Con controller to open the Options menu.
Youll see Ver. 1.4.0 or higher in the top-left corner under the game title if youre updated to the latest version. If not, select Software Update, and then choose Via the Internet to download the latest update to your Nintendo Switch.
Press the A button on your controller to submit any changes. After the game updates and launches, a prompt will inform you that your save data will be updated to the latest version release.
To begin your dream-walking journey, take a nap in any bed in your house. If you dont have a bed, check your mailbox. Nintendo has sent players Lunas Bed just for accessing the update! After dozing off, youll appear in a dream realm and be greeted by Luna.
Luna grants those who share their island a Dream Address, which players can exchange and use to visit each others islands in the dream-state. Think of it as a friend codefor dreaming.
RELATED: How to Connect With Friends in "Animal Crossing: New Horizons"
An internet connection is required and you must have a Nintendo Online membership to visit and receive visitors when accessing the new dreaming feature. Luna will remove all items from your inventory before you embark.
To invite people to your island, climb into a bed. You do this by tilting the directional analog controller next to the bed in your home. After youre in bed, select Yeah, I Want to Sleep . . . from the menu.
When you wake up, youre greeted by Luna. After a short introduction, Luna will ask if youd like to dream or share your dream.
If you want to receive visitors to your dream island, select Id Like to Share a Dream. An internet connection is required to upload the current state of your island and share it as a Dream.
Luna will give you a few warnings before you can upload your dream to the internet. First, when sharing the dream of your island, other playersincluding those you dont knowwill be able to visit a version of your island. However, they can only do so if they have your 12-digit dream address code. They can also visit your island when youre offline.
This means player-generated data about your island and its residents will be public. This data includes all of the following:
Visitors to your dream can also bring back any design on display in your Customs Designs Portal.
This is no different than inviting a friend or random players to visit your island, though. They cant make any changes to your island. However, as long as the dream address exists, anyone can visit it.
After you listen to Lunas rules and conditions, select Im Ready!
Luna will connect to the internet to save your game, and then upload the current state of your island to a dream state. A 12-digit Dream Address you can share is assigned to the uploaded dream and its also uploaded to her library. Anyone who has this 12-digit code can visit this dream state of your island.
You can talk to Luna once per day and request that she update the current state of your island to her dream library (the internet).
If youd like to visit another players dream island, asecure internet connection is required. When youre ready, repeat the steps above to locate a bed and fall asleep. Then, select I Want to Dream from Lunas list.
After the short introduction we explained above, Luna will ask if youre ready to visit another players dream island. Choose Yes, I Am! from the menu. Luna will connect to the internet to save your game, and then you must input the dream address of the island youd like to visit.
Input the 12-digit code, and then press the Plus Sign (+) button on your right Joy-Con controller to move forward.
Luna will ask you to confirm the name of the island youre visiting. If the name of the island is correct, select Yes, It Is! and Luna will connect to the internet.
When you appear on the dream island, Luna will give you a quick explanation of how things work.In dreams, nothing is permanent because nothing you do is saved, so explore to your hearts content.
When youre ready to leave, just hop back into bed and select I Want to Wake Up!
Youll wake up in your bed with your belongings returned to you.
By default, your characters dream address is set to appear on your passport and your islands map. If you dont want it displayed, you must ask Luna to change the settings.
To do so, hop into your bed to enter the dream state, and then select Yeah, I Want to Sleep.
When Luna appears, select About the Dream I Shared, and then choose Adjust Dream Address Privacy. You can also delete a dream address by selecting Delete the Dream.
Luna will present the option to change your dream address to private. Select Yes. Make It Private from her menu to do so. Shell confirm shes set your dream address to private. Press B on your right Joy-Con to exit the dream state.
You can confirm these changes once youre outside of Lunas dream realm. To confirm these changes, press the ZL shoulder-button on your left Joy-Con controller to bring up your Nook Phone menu.
Select Passport and take a look at your islands Map to make sure the dream address was removed. The image below shows what a passport looks like when the dream settings are public.
There doesnt appear to be any way to visit another island without a dream address (sorryAnimal Crossing: New Leaf fans!). With this new addition to the game, though, players can create a dream island to share creative and awe-inspiring designs and layouts with visitors.
Dreaming can be a fun way to visit a friends island and get some inspiration without arranging a Dodo Airlines visit (which also requires your friend to be online).
RELATED: 'Animal Crossing' July 30th Update Adds Cloud Saves, Dream Addresses, Fireworks
- Things to do in Maldives, where the world seems headed this year-end - Moneycontrol.com - December 5th, 2020
- Is Princess Plus Worth It? Program Details and What to Know - Cruzely.com - December 5th, 2020
- Conspiracy theories are a threat to democracy - Canton Repository - December 5th, 2020
- Juliet Twena: The 'must see' sights on my bucket list - part one - Jersey Evening Post - December 5th, 2020
- 15 Biggest Islands on Earth - Yahoo Finance - October 19th, 2020
- How to Plan the Ultimate Caribbean Luxury Vacation - Caribbean Journal - October 19th, 2020
- Escape To The Secret Sophistication of The Florida Keys - Ocean Drive Magazine - October 19th, 2020
- Disney Cruise Line has 2022 itineraries and an update on Disney Wish - Travelweek - October 19th, 2020
- D'Aguilar: Be patient on tourism restart - EyeWitness News - October 19th, 2020
- Ngpuhi protesters prepared to stand in front of bulldozers to stop development on whi tapu land - RNZ - October 19th, 2020
- Miss 'overseas' holidays? Head to the Hauraki Gulf - New Zealand Herald - October 19th, 2020
- Beaver Island Retreat, In Up-North Michigan Indianapolis Monthly - Indianapolis Monthly - October 19th, 2020
- Airlines really want you to fly this winter, and these Caribbean islands are ready for tourists - The Dallas Morning News - October 10th, 2020
- BVI Tourist Board Meets With Major Tourism Industry Partners - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - October 10th, 2020
- 'We lost ourselves': Future Islands, the synthpop band who nearly blew it - The Guardian - October 10th, 2020
- French bank BNP is asked for information on Jeffrey Epstein's wealth - Independent.ie - October 10th, 2020
- BVI Businesses Are Soon Going To Be Lovin' It. - The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer - October 10th, 2020
- BVI Tourist Board Meets With Major Tourism Industry Partners - Government of the Virgin Islands - October 8th, 2020
- Belize Reopens: Heres The Ultimate Secluded Getaway - Forbes - October 8th, 2020
- Privately funded search team claims to have found possible signs of life on islands near where Gulf Livestock 1 sank - 9News - October 8th, 2020
- Government To Discuss Reopening Protocols With Service Industry - Government of the Virgin Islands - October 8th, 2020
- The perfect fix for your travel itch comes in the form of private jets - Lifestyle Asia - October 8th, 2020
- Cayman Islands Removed from the EU Blacklist | Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP - JD Supra - October 8th, 2020
- These New Luxury Blimps Hope to Become the Superyachts of the Skies - Robb Report - August 20th, 2020
- Hot Property: Eagle Island - Cowboys and Indians - August 20th, 2020
- Turks and Caicos is open, but some resorts are closed - Travel Weekly - August 20th, 2020
- The rise of the 'jetcation': How hotels are using private jets to entice customers - Telegraph.co.uk - August 20th, 2020
- 13 Underrated Places That Americans Are Allowed to Visit Now - Best Life - August 20th, 2020
- The Bitcoiners Who Live Permanently Not There - Yahoo Finance - August 20th, 2020
- Seabourn works to grow events business in wake of Covid-19 suspension - Breaking Travel News - August 20th, 2020
- South Korea's Jeju Island Selects ICONLOOP Blockchain Technology for Private, Secure COVID-19 Contact Tracing A new blockchain-based mobile app... - August 20th, 2020
- Vakkaru Maldives' Unmatched New Hospitality Concept Will Take the Utmost Care of You - Hospitality Net - August 10th, 2020
- Bridesmaid for Princess Diana was guest on Jeffrey Epstein's island and flew in his jets - Mirror.co.uk - August 10th, 2020
- Resorts reopen in Maldives as travel restrictions lift - Breaking Travel News - August 10th, 2020
- Paradise beaches, cocktails and hiking trails in Mauritius and you can stay at 6k-a-night hotel for 1,250 - The Irish Sun - August 10th, 2020
- PM lifts restrictions on southern islands, 20 new cases reported - EyeWitness News - August 10th, 2020
- A promise is a promise at least to these two - Coastal Point - August 10th, 2020
- The Good Place Season 3: The Best One-Liners of The Season - TheThings - August 10th, 2020
- Five of the worlds best private islands for sale - Financial Times - August 8th, 2020
- Chinas secret war on America, a Fox News sex scandal, and a space-time wormhole in this weeks dubious tabloids - Boing Boing - August 8th, 2020
- Recycling being boosted on holiday island of Santorini | Kathimerini - www.ekathimerini.com - August 8th, 2020
- St. Barts Travel: 7 Things Not To Miss When Visiting the Island - Forbes - August 8th, 2020
- The Nautilus Maldives refreshed and ready to reopen on 1 September - ITCM - August 7th, 2020
- JOAN MULLER: Home is where the renovation is - Financial Mail - August 7th, 2020
- Hey, You Free on Friday for a Meeting and a Bank Heist? - The New York Times - August 7th, 2020
- Solitude and adventure on the Sunshine Coast - The Province - August 6th, 2020
- Water, Sand and Plenty of Elbow Room on 8 Wild, Protected Coastlines - The New York Times - August 6th, 2020
- Bermuda Introduces a One-Year Visa That Allows Digital Nomads to Work From an Island - Robb Report - August 2nd, 2020
- Jeffrey Epstein conspiracy theories? All the private island theories - Film Daily - August 2nd, 2020
- Tahiti and Bora Bora are Open to Travellers Again - Outlook India - August 2nd, 2020
- How the pandemic is piquing UHNW interest in private islands - - Spear's WMS - August 2nd, 2020
- Private island retreat project launched in the Abacos - EyeWitness News - August 2nd, 2020
- Montage Announces Development of a New Private Island Resort in The Bahamas - Luxury Travel Magazine - July 31st, 2020
- Private six-acre Connecticut island hits the market for $2.5million and it's just an hour from NYC - Brinkwire - July 31st, 2020
- Where to stay in St Vincent and the Grenadines for a tropical 'air bridge' holiday - The Telegraph - July 31st, 2020
- Partiers prompt Baker to review gathering limits - Taunton Daily Gazette - July 31st, 2020
- Can you really buy your own private island getaway? - The Star Online - July 29th, 2020
- Plan A Staycation At One Of These Beautiful Island Resorts In Malaysia - Tatler Malaysia - July 29th, 2020
- Is There a Connection Between Jeffrey Epstein and SpongeBob SquarePants? - The Dispatch - July 29th, 2020
- Sweeping Conservation Initiative Protects Rare Lands on Cuttyhunk - The Vineyard Gazette - Martha's Vineyard News - July 29th, 2020
- Clubs in Crisis: Artists and Indie Venues on the Future of Live Music Post-COVID - FLOOD Magazine - July 29th, 2020
- Conspiracy theorists think theres a connection between Epstein and SpongeBob - The Daily Dot - July 29th, 2020
- Turks and Caicos Is Now Open for Tourism Caribbean Journal - Caribbean Journal - July 28th, 2020
- Laws Protecting Private Employees' Speech and Political Activity Against Employer Retaliation: Focused on Political Opinions, Party Affiliation, or... - July 28th, 2020
- The Royal Family has survived against the odds - but Harry and Meghan may cause lasting damage - iNews - July 28th, 2020
- Taylor Swifts 9 Richest Exes, Ranked By Net Worth | TheThings - TheThings - July 28th, 2020
- The Loch Lomond island home to a colony of wallabies - Glasgow Live - July 27th, 2020
- This is how much Kriti Sanon earned in a year, and how she spends her crores - GQ India - July 27th, 2020
- The best hotels for all-inclusive holidays to Crete, including family-friendly aqua parks and adults-only overwater villas - The Telegraph - July 27th, 2020
- Private Islands AWE - July 26th, 2020
- Can I visit the Maldives? Here's how to do it as the islands reopen to tourism - Telegraph.co.uk - July 26th, 2020
- Infant with heart condition airlifted from Lakshadweep islands to Kochi for treatment, dies - The New Indian Express - July 26th, 2020
- From The Bahamas to Turks and Caicos, 7 Private Islands You Can Visit - Caribbean Journal - July 24th, 2020
- Looking to unwind outside the city? Abu Dhabis stunning resorts, islands and parks are ideal for some quiet time - Happytrips - July 24th, 2020
- Day Cruisers to Tivua Island to Get Involved in Reef Sustainability - FTNnews.com - July 24th, 2020
- Donald Trump says 'just ask Prince Andrew' when probed about Epsteins 'paedophile island' - Express - July 24th, 2020
- 50 million to boost islands' economy - GOV.UK - GOV.UK - July 24th, 2020
- Maldives has reopened, but a vacay won't be cheap - IOL - July 24th, 2020
- How 5 eco-friendly resorts survived the pandemic without guests - Business Insider - Business Insider - July 23rd, 2020
- Antigua's Hottest All-Inclusive Resort Is Open Again - Caribbean Journal - July 23rd, 2020