October 28, 2020Matthew Pitt
David Arnold is a player you will have battled with if you ever play at Run It Once Poker. You wont know its him because Run It Once employs a Table Alias to keep players anonymous and to protect them from predatory behavior. Not that Arnold is bothered much about that because hes a regular winner on the site.
Arnold has excelled in the Run It Once leadeRboards over the past few months. Winning the PLO20 and PLO50 races a few times and regularly featuring in the top three places, padding his bankroll with free cash and even more Legends rewards.
The 31-year-old from the awesomely named Moose Jaw in Saskatchewan, Canada, which is, apparently, home to the worlds largest moose statue known as Mac the Moose, has played poker for more than 15 years. His Uncle Dave and father Kevin introduced him to poker during a home game.
A few years later, when he was old enough to play online poker, he did exactly that, joining Full Tilt Poker. Arnold started at NL50 and quickly progressed to NL400.
Multi-tabling for me was always easy for some reason. I started out playing four tables and quickly got to 15 tables at once. That was the most invaluable skill as it allowed me to make more money faster, especially back then when the games were very good.
Race To Your Share of 10,000 in the RIO leadeRboards
He switched to Pot-Limit Omaha in 2014 despite all of his success in the Holdem games. This is because he was aiming to hit the now-defunct Supernova Elite VIP level at PokerStars. PLO players earn more points than NLHE players per hand.
In 2015, I reached Supernova Elite playing mainly PLO200. After this, I rarely played no-limit holdem as I just fell in love with PLO. I mean, who doesnt love getting two more cards?
More recently, it is Run It Once Poker where Arnold has spent a large percentage of his time grinding. The relatively new addition to the poker world is continually growing and evolving, doing so with its customers at the forefront of their thoughts. Why did Arnold swap the worlds busiest online poker site for Run It Once Poker?
What first attracted me to Run It Once Poker was Phil Galfond. The guy was and still is one of my poker heroes. So when I heard he was creating a site, I knew it would be something special. The rake is structured in a way where you can win even at the lowest levels and build a bankroll, whereas on other sites this is almost completely impossible it seems. Especially with the leadeRboards, one is able to build a very nice bankroll on the site starting with almost nothing, which is great for poker.
Indeed it is good for the game and should be commended.
Winning any leaderboard is no mean feat due to the intense grinding required. Arnold has never had an issue with putting in long hours at the poker table.
When you are used to driving a tractor for 16 hours a day, sometimes playing a little poker isnt so tough!
A typical leaderboard grinding day for Arnold starts at 7:00 a.m., have a shower, get dressed and check out what games are running. Hell then commit to playing all day until the games completely break up. He then heads to the gym to blow off some steam, comes home, eats, and relaxes by watching some movies.
Sometimes, its 12-hours of straight poker. If its a weekly leaderboard I do this for the first few days and hopefully, gain a good lead. If its a daily leaderboard, then its over in a single day. I enjoy playing both formats, some players prefer the daily ones more.
Grinding for a prolonged period of time can be tough mentally and you can sometimes become your own worst enemy. Weve spoken to leaderboard winners in the past who say its difficult to play your best poker when you have other players breathing down your neck and racking up points. There are hurdles to overcome if you want to be a leaderboard winner.
As far as the biggest hurdles to get over when grinding leaderboards, I would say just try not to tilt as that can quickly ruin your sessions. Also, you may have to play heads-up or short-handed a lot, which can seem intimidating to some players, but it is so much more fun than playing at a full table.
Run It Once Poker Releases Sit-N-Gos Teaser Trailer
Arnold admits that hes not much of a student of the game in respect of reading books and analyzing hands, he prefers learning on the job, so to speak, gaining experience through playing the game. He has watched some PLO strategy videos by his hero Galfond on the Run It Once training site, which he highly recommends doing if you want to take your game to the next level. To succeed in poker, however, you need to be prepared to work hard.
I dont have an end goal in mind, maybe Las Vegas and the Mirage? The great thing about poker is that anyone can learn to win. Anyone can work hard, you just have to put in the work and it pays off in the long run.
For the time being, Arnold plans to continue grinding the PLO20 and PLO50 cash game leadeRboards, but he doesnt have any real poker-related goal in mind. If you want to be a leaderboard grinder, Arnold suggests you should also make sure youre having fun and love playing poker. You should also plan your sleep around the times where the games are busier and dont be afraid to play short-handed or even heads-up.
It shouldnt come as a surprise after reading this interview that Arnold is a big fan of Run It Once Poker.
If youre considering trying out Run It Once Poker, I highly recommend it. The software is amazing with the dynamic avatars and the games themselves are great. It almost feels like youre playing live poker. Ive seen some plays that I havent seen since 2008, which is great for poker! It has a very friendly community and you can build a bankroll from the smallest stakes.
So there you have it, Run It Once Poker should be the next online poker site that you give some business to. If you download Run It Once Poker via PokerNews, you are entitled to a 100% up to 600 welcome bonus.
All your deposits for the first 30-days after your first deposit are matched 100% up to a combined total of 600. You also have forever to release the bonus into your playable balance as long as you play at least one raked hand every 30-days.
The bonus released into your account as shown in the table below:
See the rest here:
- This Week in Poker Podcasts - Pokerfuse - December 16th, 2020
- BetOnline Offering Players A Bitcoin Boost On Their Online Poker Deposits - Poker News - CardPlayer.com - December 16th, 2020
- Get the Inside Story on THAT James Bond Poker Hand - PokerNews.com - December 16th, 2020
- Ike Haxton Calls for Live Poker to be Boycotted amid COVID-19 Crisis - HighstakesDB - December 14th, 2020
- Gabe Kaplan and AJ Benza Return As Hosts For New Season of High Stakes Poker TV Show - Poker News - CardPlayer.com - December 14th, 2020
- BetMGM CEO: U.S. Online Poker Will Again Have Period In Sunshine - US Bets - December 14th, 2020
- PokerStars Blowout Series Offers $60M In Gts | My Blog - Tight Poker - December 14th, 2020
- Election Bets: Who are Poker Players Putting Their Money On? - PokerNews.com - November 3rd, 2020
- Phil Galfond: Run It Once Poker SNGs "Just Around the Corner" - PokerNews.com - November 3rd, 2020
- I've won more than $4 million playing pokerhere's my No. 1 secret to successful decision-making - CNBC - November 3rd, 2020
- Sudden rush in the Poker Industry in India European Gaming Industry News - European Gaming Industry News - November 3rd, 2020
- MGM Grand To Host Freeroll Tournaments Funded By Unused Jackpot Money From Closed Strip Poker Rooms - CardPlayer.com - November 3rd, 2020
- How to Avoid the Most Common Forms of Cheating in Poker - TimesOfCasino - November 3rd, 2020
- The Pros And Cons Of Playing Poker In An Online Casino - Poker News - CardPlayer.com - November 3rd, 2020
- We Take a Look at the Polk vs. Negreanu Betting Odds - PokerNews.com - November 3rd, 2020
- Intertops Poker is hosting a new slots tournament this week - World Casino Directory - November 3rd, 2020
- To Play Poker in a Pandemic, Americans Flee the U.S. - The New York Times - September 5th, 2020
- Partypoker is Also Returning To Live Poker Circuit With Stop in Russia this Month - Pokerfuse - September 5th, 2020
- Poker Operators Should Try Themed Poker Rooms | My Blog - Tight Poker - September 5th, 2020
- How Poker Became the Casino Favorite It Is Today - Pokerfuse - September 5th, 2020
- The Cross-Platform And Cross-Gen Poker Club Brings Social Play To Switch Later This Year - Nintendo Life - September 5th, 2020
- Why Investing in Tesla Is a Bit Like Texas Hold 'Em Poker - RealMoney - September 5th, 2020
- Poker run is this weekend in Brookings | Neighbors - Watertown Public Opinion - September 5th, 2020
- Bayern and Inter involved in "Perisic Poker" - Bulinews.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Ripstone Brings Poker Back to Video Game Consoles - Beat The Fish - September 2nd, 2020
- ARE THERE CASINO OR POKER TOURNAMENTS ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT? - Island Echo - September 2nd, 2020
- Benjamin Pollak Latest Player to Join Team partypoker - PokerNews.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Top Ranked Poker Sites to Play in 2020 - Programming Insider - August 10th, 2020
- The Deck Is Not Rigged: Poker and the Limits of AI - Singularity Hub - August 10th, 2020
- Chrome Dragons Riding Club hosts 2nd Annual Kids and Heroes Poker Run - WBOY.com - August 10th, 2020
- Know the odds before you act when playing poker - GamingTodaySlotsToday - August 10th, 2020
- Variations of Poker That is Worth Knowing About - Programming Insider - August 10th, 2020
- Irish poker player scoops $100k and World Series of Poker gold bracelet 22 years after father won same title - The Irish Sun - August 10th, 2020
- Poker, board games and the core group helped the newest Flyers get comfortable | On the Fly - The Philadelphia Inquirer - August 10th, 2020
- Poker in Print: The Godfather of Poker (2012) - CalvinAyre.com - August 9th, 2020
- Homeless Sex Offender Charged In Connection With World Poker Tour Star Susie Zhao Death - Deadline - August 8th, 2020
- Suspect arrested in death of pro poker player found burned at Michigan park - MLive.com - August 8th, 2020
- 'Going to the Dogs' Poker Run and Silent Auction to benefit CCAPS - Magnolia Banner News - August 8th, 2020
- Online Charity Poker Tournament Helps Fly Sick Children to Medical Care - Look to the Stars - August 8th, 2020
- Man, 60, in custody in connection to death of professional poker player Susie Zhao - Detroit Free Press - August 8th, 2020
- Heads Up Poker Podcast: 234 - Steve and Carlos: WITWICWRN - Pokerfuse - August 8th, 2020
- What Site Offers the Best Online Poker Bonus in 2020? - PokerNews.com - August 7th, 2020
- 60-year-old man arrested in connection with Oakland Co. professional poker player's death - WXYZ - August 7th, 2020
- An Open Letter To The WSOP: Why Mixed Games Are Good For Poker Player Development - Poker News - CardPlayer.com - August 7th, 2020
- From poker pro to slaying victim: Susie Q's unlikely story - The Detroit News - August 3rd, 2020
- Hugh Freyer, Poker Player With Discretion of a Banker, Dies at 86 - The New York Times - August 3rd, 2020
- Why Negreanu thinks Ivey is the best poker player in the world - Comcast SportsNet Chicago - August 3rd, 2020
- Facebook develops AI algorithm that learns to play poker on the fly - VentureBeat - August 3rd, 2020
- Man arrested in connection with death of Waterford Twp. pro poker player - The Detroit News - August 2nd, 2020
- Poker Strategy: In Omaha, Outs Aren't Everything, It's Whether You Improve Enough - Poker News Daily - August 2nd, 2020
- Police arrest suspect connected to apparent killing of professional poker player Susie Zhao - ABC News - August 2nd, 2020
- Why Daniel Negreanu Thinks Phil Ivey Is the Best Poker Player in the World - NBC Chicago - August 2nd, 2020
- Person in custody in connection with Oakland County professional poker player's death - WXYZ - August 1st, 2020
- PKO US: Progressive Knockouts Roll out to Global Poker, WPN and Partypoker NJ - Pokerfuse - August 1st, 2020
- Ethan Yau Brings Audience Into His World Series of Poker Dream - PocketFives - August 1st, 2020
- Facebooks New ReBel Poker AI Scores Higher than Pluribus - Beat The Fish - July 31st, 2020
- Ivonne Montealegre discusses how live poker is embracing the online space - CalvinAyre.com - July 31st, 2020
- Hugh Freyer, Poker Player With the Discretion of a Banker, Dies at 86 - The New York Times - July 30th, 2020
- Poker, Metacognition and 'The Biggest Bluff' | Learning Innovation - Inside Higher Ed - July 30th, 2020
- Facebook AI ReBel Capable of Beating Poker Pros | My Blog - Tight Poker - July 30th, 2020
- How to attract more luck into your life, using the 'poker mindset' - Business Insider - Business Insider - July 30th, 2020
- Poker, Metacognition, and 'The Biggest Bluff' | Learning Innovation - Inside Higher Ed - July 30th, 2020
- What Are the Best Poker Apps of 2020? - GameIndustry.com - July 30th, 2020
- Kai Havertz WILL face Rangers as Chelsea 'poker game' forces dramatic U-turn over 80m superstar - Daily Record - July 30th, 2020
- Man Utd in transfer 'poker game' for winger that could save Ed Woodward 55m - Express - July 29th, 2020
- This book is the new 'Moneyball' (and every investor should read it) - The Australian Financial Review - July 28th, 2020
- 5 Best Online Poker Sites for Real Money (2020) - July 26th, 2020
- Best 7 Online Poker Sites (2020) for Real Money - July 26th, 2020
- Best 9 Online Poker Sites for Real Money 2020 - Bonus to ... - July 26th, 2020
- Josh & Heather Altman Threw Son Ace an Adorable Poker-Themed 1st Birthday Bash - Bravo - July 26th, 2020
- Inside the world of Daniel Negreanu: The life and making of poker's biggest superstar - Mirror Online - July 26th, 2020
- Dont Hold Your Breath: Live Poker Not A Top Priority In Reopened PA Casinos Yet - Penn Bets - July 21st, 2020
- Chasing Poker Greatness: #68 Andrew Brokos: Co-Host ThinkingPoker Podcast & Author of Play Optimal Poker - Pokerfuse - July 21st, 2020
- The Phil Ivey Of Poker - HBCU Buzz - July 21st, 2020
- Venetian poker room going to 8-handed tables - Las Vegas Review-Journal - July 21st, 2020
- The Deck Is Not Rigged: Poker and the Limits of AI - Undark Magazine - July 21st, 2020
- NJ Special Legislation and the Impact on Online Casino Players in NY - Blog - The Island Now - July 21st, 2020
- Trump's approach to politics bears the hallmarks of a bad poker player, author says - CBC.ca - July 21st, 2020
- Key Points To Consider When Choosing Online Poker Tables - Top10PokerWebsites - July 21st, 2020
- The Most Famous Woman in the History of Gambling - Poker Alice Story - Newswire - July 21st, 2020