Online poker revenues in New Jersey for the month of December have been released by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, and that means we have the full-year data for 2020.
Combined, the three online poker operators generated just over $3 million in revenue in December, marking a 74% increase over 2019 and an all-time high for December in New Jerseys seven-year history.
Sign up to partypoker NJ today to get a First Deposit Bonus up to $600
It continues the ten-month streak of year-over-year growth of at least 50% following the outbreak of COVID-19 which has helped fuel New Jerseys online poker market which otherwise had been declining since 2016.
All combined, the three online poker rooms namely WSOP.com operating on the 888poker network under Caesars license, PokerStars NJ under Resorts and the partypoker US Network under the Borgata license brought in nearly $40 million in 2020.
This is by far the most revenue reported in a single year, beating the previous record of 2014 when online poker rooms collected $29 million in revenue.
All operators enjoyed gains year-over-year, but the partypoker US Network which recently has been the smallest of the three was the standout in 2020.
Of all three operators offering online poker in New Jersey, the partypoker US Network comprising three skins: partypoker NJ, BorgataPoker and BetMGM saw the best growth in 2020.
Particularly, in the last quarter of 2020, the online poker rooms under the Borgata license reported the biggest annual increase in revenues, going up by 101.5%.
In comparison, WSOP.com saw growth of 53%, and PokerStars NJ grew by 46% in Q4.
Sign up to partypoker NJ today to get a First Deposit Bonus up to $600
Online poker under the Borgata license exceeded $1 million in monthly revenue for the first time since May and only the third time this year.
In fact, it did so well it not only leaped over Resorts in absolute revenue but also almost surpassed Caesars to take the pole position in the market.
It ended up accounting for 35% market share which is by far its largest in a long period and the closest it has come in leading the market. In November, it represented only 29% of the market.
The upward trajectory was primarily bolstered by the WPT Online Poker Open held last month boasting a record-breaking $1 million in guarantees. The $3500 buy-in tournament ended up attracting 395 entries to build a prize pool of $1,264,000 the largest in the history of the partypoker US network.
In fact, pretty much throughout 2020, the partypoker US network ramped up promotions, running cash game promotions and a tournament series every month. It reported $9.7 million in 2020 compared to $5.1 million in 2019 a 92% increase year-over-year.
Caesars on the other hand, with its WSOP/888 network sharing liquidity between New Jersey, Nevada and Delaware, retained the top position in December yet again, bringing in $1.17 million in tournament fees and rake which was just $100,000 more than Borgata. It held a market share of 39%.
It was the same month that saw WSOP.com host the $10,000 WSOP Main Event for US players. 705 players participated, generating $6.8 million in prize money unprecedented for any segregated online poker network in the world.
It even ended up drawing a bigger turnout than the international leg held on GGPoker open to players in most parts of the world.
Sign up to PokerStars NJ today and enjoy $30 FREE or a $600 first-deposit bonus
Meanwhile, PokerStars NJ under Resorts saw a big dip in market share in December, going down to 25.6% from 30.7% in November.
It reported $774,039 in online poker revenue in December much lower than its competitors but still representing an annual increase of 36%.
Unlike its competitors, PokerStars NJ has slowed down in promotions. It did run a cash game promotion and hosted a $100,000 New Jersey Classic tournament, but those events were significantly smaller compared to the offerings on the partypoker US Network and WSOP.com
The lack of big-sized promotions by PokerStars in New Jersey is surprising, to say the least. PokerStars is the market leader in almost every other jurisdiction it operates in. The operator has little experience in playing the underdog.
Although PokerStars NJ generated $12.6 million in 2020, over the last few months, the gap between the online poker giant and the partypoker US Network has narrowed.
In fact, in Q4, the partypoker US Network generated more revenue in rake and tournament fees than PokerStars NJ.
However, with the Federal Appellate Court rejecting the Trump administrations Wire Act reinterpretation, the Pennsylvania online poker market (which currently consists of just PokerStars PA) is expected to join the Multi State Internet Gaming Agreement (MSIGA).
Adding the liquidity of a state with a population of nearly 13 million would likely propel the PokerStars US Network to pole position in New Jersey.
The partypoker US Network and WSOP/888 have yet to launch online poker in the Keystone State, though, the scenario is expected to change in 2021 especially with the Wire Act out of the picture.
The rest is here:
- BetMGM Poker Running Spin the Wheel Promo in Pennsylvania - Pokerfuse - May 29th, 2021
- Atlantic City Poker Rooms Remove COVID-Related Seating Restrictions - CardsChat.com - May 29th, 2021
- Tony Parker qualifies for the World Series of Poker - Pounding The Rock - May 29th, 2021
- Tony Parker earns berth into World Series of Poker Main Event - Larry Brown Sports - May 29th, 2021
- Connecticut Online Poker Bill Passes Senate, Awaits Governor's Signature - CardsChat.com - May 29th, 2021
- "Paul Pierce and Phil Ivey to participate in crypto-based poker tournament for charity": Celtics legend to... - The Sportsrush - May 29th, 2021
- Connecticut Online Poker Legalized as Governor Signs Gambling Expansion Bill - CardsChat.com - May 29th, 2021
- Connecticut on the Verge of Legalizing Online Poker, Casino Games and Sports Betting - Pokerfuse - May 29th, 2021
- Spurs legend Tony Parker is 'very excited' to be the first qualified player for WSOP Main Event - mySA - May 29th, 2021
- WSOP and 888 Banks Biggest Share of New Jersey Online Poker Revenue in April - Pokerfuse - May 29th, 2021
- Will The Pandemic Kill Our Love Of Live Poker? - Casino.Org News - May 29th, 2021
- Online Poker Launches In Michigan Friday Morning - CardPlayer.com - January 30th, 2021
- 4th Annual Ace of Hearts Poker Run benefiting the American Heart Association - WKRG News 5 - January 30th, 2021
- Is There A Future for Nationwide Online Gaming and Poker in the US? - Poker News Daily - January 30th, 2021
- Online poker in the cards for North Dakota? - INFORUM - January 30th, 2021
- Fed Needs a Poker Face to Avoid Taper Tell - The Wall Street Journal - January 30th, 2021
- Is online poker in the cards for North Dakota? - The Dickinson Press - January 30th, 2021
- This Week in Poker Podcasts - Pokerfuse - January 30th, 2021
- 888 Executive: US Online Poker to Benefit from Latest Wire Act Ruling - Casino.Org News - January 30th, 2021
- Justice Kagan: Poker Shark - Above the Law - January 30th, 2021
- The FIVES Poker Podcast: WPT in the Headlines, Polk Tilts Negreanu - PocketFives - January 30th, 2021
- Los Angeles Poker Rooms Given Green Light to Reopen this Week - CardsChat.com - January 30th, 2021
- BetOnline Offering Players A Bitcoin Boost On Their Online Poker Deposits - Poker News - CardPlayer.com - December 16th, 2020
- Get the Inside Story on THAT James Bond Poker Hand - PokerNews.com - December 16th, 2020
- Ike Haxton Calls for Live Poker to be Boycotted amid COVID-19 Crisis - HighstakesDB - December 14th, 2020
- Gabe Kaplan and AJ Benza Return As Hosts For New Season of High Stakes Poker TV Show - Poker News - CardPlayer.com - December 14th, 2020
- BetMGM CEO: U.S. Online Poker Will Again Have Period In Sunshine - US Bets - December 14th, 2020
- PokerStars Blowout Series Offers $60M In Gts | My Blog - Tight Poker - December 14th, 2020
- Election Bets: Who are Poker Players Putting Their Money On? - PokerNews.com - November 3rd, 2020
- Phil Galfond: Run It Once Poker SNGs "Just Around the Corner" - PokerNews.com - November 3rd, 2020
- I've won more than $4 million playing pokerhere's my No. 1 secret to successful decision-making - CNBC - November 3rd, 2020
- Sudden rush in the Poker Industry in India European Gaming Industry News - European Gaming Industry News - November 3rd, 2020
- MGM Grand To Host Freeroll Tournaments Funded By Unused Jackpot Money From Closed Strip Poker Rooms - CardPlayer.com - November 3rd, 2020
- How to Avoid the Most Common Forms of Cheating in Poker - TimesOfCasino - November 3rd, 2020
- The Pros And Cons Of Playing Poker In An Online Casino - Poker News - CardPlayer.com - November 3rd, 2020
- We Take a Look at the Polk vs. Negreanu Betting Odds - PokerNews.com - November 3rd, 2020
- Intertops Poker is hosting a new slots tournament this week - World Casino Directory - November 3rd, 2020
- The Great Thing About Poker? "Anyone Can Learn To Win - PokerNews.com - November 3rd, 2020
- To Play Poker in a Pandemic, Americans Flee the U.S. - The New York Times - September 5th, 2020
- Partypoker is Also Returning To Live Poker Circuit With Stop in Russia this Month - Pokerfuse - September 5th, 2020
- Poker Operators Should Try Themed Poker Rooms | My Blog - Tight Poker - September 5th, 2020
- How Poker Became the Casino Favorite It Is Today - Pokerfuse - September 5th, 2020
- The Cross-Platform And Cross-Gen Poker Club Brings Social Play To Switch Later This Year - Nintendo Life - September 5th, 2020
- Why Investing in Tesla Is a Bit Like Texas Hold 'Em Poker - RealMoney - September 5th, 2020
- Poker run is this weekend in Brookings | Neighbors - Watertown Public Opinion - September 5th, 2020
- Bayern and Inter involved in "Perisic Poker" - Bulinews.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Ripstone Brings Poker Back to Video Game Consoles - Beat The Fish - September 2nd, 2020
- ARE THERE CASINO OR POKER TOURNAMENTS ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT? - Island Echo - September 2nd, 2020
- Benjamin Pollak Latest Player to Join Team partypoker - PokerNews.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Top Ranked Poker Sites to Play in 2020 - Programming Insider - August 10th, 2020
- The Deck Is Not Rigged: Poker and the Limits of AI - Singularity Hub - August 10th, 2020
- Chrome Dragons Riding Club hosts 2nd Annual Kids and Heroes Poker Run - WBOY.com - August 10th, 2020
- Know the odds before you act when playing poker - GamingTodaySlotsToday - August 10th, 2020
- Variations of Poker That is Worth Knowing About - Programming Insider - August 10th, 2020
- Irish poker player scoops $100k and World Series of Poker gold bracelet 22 years after father won same title - The Irish Sun - August 10th, 2020
- Poker, board games and the core group helped the newest Flyers get comfortable | On the Fly - The Philadelphia Inquirer - August 10th, 2020
- Poker in Print: The Godfather of Poker (2012) - CalvinAyre.com - August 9th, 2020
- Homeless Sex Offender Charged In Connection With World Poker Tour Star Susie Zhao Death - Deadline - August 8th, 2020
- Suspect arrested in death of pro poker player found burned at Michigan park - MLive.com - August 8th, 2020
- 'Going to the Dogs' Poker Run and Silent Auction to benefit CCAPS - Magnolia Banner News - August 8th, 2020
- Online Charity Poker Tournament Helps Fly Sick Children to Medical Care - Look to the Stars - August 8th, 2020
- Man, 60, in custody in connection to death of professional poker player Susie Zhao - Detroit Free Press - August 8th, 2020
- Heads Up Poker Podcast: 234 - Steve and Carlos: WITWICWRN - Pokerfuse - August 8th, 2020
- What Site Offers the Best Online Poker Bonus in 2020? - PokerNews.com - August 7th, 2020
- 60-year-old man arrested in connection with Oakland Co. professional poker player's death - WXYZ - August 7th, 2020
- An Open Letter To The WSOP: Why Mixed Games Are Good For Poker Player Development - Poker News - CardPlayer.com - August 7th, 2020
- From poker pro to slaying victim: Susie Q's unlikely story - The Detroit News - August 3rd, 2020
- Hugh Freyer, Poker Player With Discretion of a Banker, Dies at 86 - The New York Times - August 3rd, 2020
- Why Negreanu thinks Ivey is the best poker player in the world - Comcast SportsNet Chicago - August 3rd, 2020
- Facebook develops AI algorithm that learns to play poker on the fly - VentureBeat - August 3rd, 2020
- Man arrested in connection with death of Waterford Twp. pro poker player - The Detroit News - August 2nd, 2020
- Poker Strategy: In Omaha, Outs Aren't Everything, It's Whether You Improve Enough - Poker News Daily - August 2nd, 2020
- Police arrest suspect connected to apparent killing of professional poker player Susie Zhao - ABC News - August 2nd, 2020
- Why Daniel Negreanu Thinks Phil Ivey Is the Best Poker Player in the World - NBC Chicago - August 2nd, 2020
- Person in custody in connection with Oakland County professional poker player's death - WXYZ - August 1st, 2020
- PKO US: Progressive Knockouts Roll out to Global Poker, WPN and Partypoker NJ - Pokerfuse - August 1st, 2020
- Ethan Yau Brings Audience Into His World Series of Poker Dream - PocketFives - August 1st, 2020
- Facebooks New ReBel Poker AI Scores Higher than Pluribus - Beat The Fish - July 31st, 2020
- Ivonne Montealegre discusses how live poker is embracing the online space - CalvinAyre.com - July 31st, 2020
- Hugh Freyer, Poker Player With the Discretion of a Banker, Dies at 86 - The New York Times - July 30th, 2020