Neurotechnology was founded with the key idea of using neural networks for applications such as biometric person identification, computer vision, robotics and artificial intelligence.Much to our delight, we were able to endure the "neural networks winter" by using and expanding this expertise all through 2012, the year that brought explosive developments in the concept and infrastructure of deep neural networks.This allowed us to quickly take advantage of the emerging opportunities that came with the new wave of deep learning and triggered an entire range of new projects in object recognition and other applications.Currently, our team is comprised of more than 100 employees, 15% of whom hold a Ph.D. and half of our employees are actively involved in R&D activities.
Neurotechnology was founded in Vilnius, Lithuania in 1990.The following year we released our first fingerprint identification system for criminal investigations.Our further research endeavors resulted in the first fingerprint identification algorithm for civil uses, which was made public in 1997.In 2002, our researchers began developing a solution for recognizing faces and we released our first facial recognition product in 2004.This was followed by our algorithm for iris recognition released in 2008.In addition, since 2011 we have maintained an ongoing research program in voice recognition.
Once we conceived of the benefits of fusing several biometric modalities, we directed our efforts toward building a multi-biometric product.Released in 2005 under the name MegaMatcher Software Development Kit, the initial version could support recognition of fingerprints and faces.Modalities for iris and voice recognition were added later.From the date of its release in 2005, our MegaMatcher SDK gained acceptance as a key solution in large and national-scale projects related to issuance of passports, de-duplication of voters, etc.For instance, our customers in Bangladesh used the technology for de-duplication of voters in their 2008 election.As another example, the MegaMatcher SDK has been used for passport issuance for Indonesian nationals since 2009.There are many more similar projects as well.
Since applications of this type put extreme requirements on 1:N matching performance, we have spent a lot of our R&D effort on solving this problem.To speed the matching process, we released MegaMatcher Accelerator in 2009.Originally it was used for the fingerprint modality only, but then we added face and iris modalities.In 2016, we released MegaMatcher ABIS to provide the best solution for customers willing to have end-user software instead of an SDK.In 2018, we used MegaMatcher ABIS during the large-scale voter de-duplication campaign in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.We carried out a number of similar projects in other countries as well.
In response to market demands, since 2000 we have also been involved in developing a range of products for smartcard-based biometrics and embedded applications, as well as some end-user products.
In 2004, to better accommodate the growing volumes of research in artificial intelligence, the company founded its robotics division, which began research in the field of mobile autonomous robots.
In 2009, to assist our customers in selecting suitable hardware for their implementations of biometric systems, we started Biometric Supply.This subsidiary offers a wide range of fingerprint readers and iris scanners from multiple manufacturers.
The year 2012 was rich with events for Neurotechnology.To take advantage of the new opportunities brought by rapid growth of cloud technologies, we started SkyBiometry.This subsidiary now provides face detection and recognition software as a cloud-based service.Also in 2012, a strategic decision was made to start a division in Sri Lanka.The team of developers there is now the prime force in developing our biometric solutions for attendance systems.
In 2014, Neurotechnology released SentiBotics, a ready-to-use robotics development kit.The same year, the company established the Ultrasound Research Group to undertake research in the fields of ultrasonic particle manipulation, parametric array and transducer technology.
In almost 30 years of our activity, we have accumulated substantial experience in the area of neural networks.This allowed us to develop a multitude of product capabilities based on deep learning as well as customer applications.
Deep neural networks are able to solve many problems - such as image classification, object detection, or instance segmentation - more efficiently than traditional computer vision algorithms.To facilitate this process, we have built a technology that has tools to support developing AI-based object recognition applications.
In the area of face recognition, the last few years witnessed a dramatic reduction in error rates brought by new algorithms that are based on convolutional neural networks (CNN).Our company started using CNNs for the task of face recognition in 2013.The first application of neural networks alone resulted in an improvement in the accuracy of unconstrained face recognition by a factor of 15 times! We expect further improvements in face recognition performance due to explosive development of architectures and techniques related to CNNs.
As deep learning techniques kept proliferating other areas, we were ultimately able to employ our face recognition algorithms under the conditions of real-time surveillance.By being able to recognize and track other objects - such as pedestrians and all kinds of vehicles (cyclists, bikes, cars, busses, trucks, etc.) - in adjacent video frames, we can extract various pieces of information about those objects, for example the color of the vehicle or the direction of its movement.There is a separate modality for recognizing license plates of vehicles using neural networks.
Our latest improvements in other biometric modalities are also driven by extensive research in deep neural networks.This includes the most interoperable fingerprint algorithm in the world (ranked the first in the NIST MINEX interoperability category), the second most accurate iris recognition technology and the new version of our algorithm for speaker identification.
As another illustration of our achievements in using deep learning, Neurotechnology's researchers won first place in the 2017 Kaggle competition with a computer vision solution for classifying fish species.
We seek to distill our knowledge and understanding of how natural intelligence operates into deep-learning-based algorithms, and we see this approach as the shortest path toward achieving General AI.Neurotechnology also runs Deep Learning Paper Reviews, a series of open-access events devoted to sharing and discussing recent ideas in the field.
We have a reputation for developing a range of products for biometric identification of fingerprints, palm prints, faces, irises and voices.Since the release of our first fingerprint identification system, we have delivered more than 200 products and version upgrades for identification and verification of objects and personal identity.Over 3,000 system integrators, security companies and hardware providers in more than 140 countries integrate our algorithms into their products.
With a combination of fast algorithms and high reliability, our company's fingerprint, face, iris and voice biometric technologies can be used for access control, computer security, banking, time attendance control and law enforcement applications, among others.
With millions of customer installations worldwide, our products are used for both civil and forensic applications, including border crossings, criminal investigations, systems for voter registration, verification and duplication checking, passport issuance and other national-scale projects.
Neurotechnology's fingerprint identification algorithms have shown some of the best results for reliability in major biometric competitions and evaluations, including the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) Minutiae Interoperability Exchange III (MINEX III), Proprietary Fingerprint Template Evaluation II (PFT II) and Fingerprint Vendor Technology Evaluation for the US Department of Justice (FpVTE 2012).Previously, the fingerprint recognition algorithms have received awards in the International Fingerprint Verification Competitions (FVC2006, FVC2004, FVC2002 and FVC2000).
In 2018, our iris recognition algorithm was tested in the NIST Iris Exchange (IREX) Evaluation and was recognized as the second most accurate among those tested.The accelerated version of the algorithm was nearly 50 times faster than any other matching system in the NIST IREX IX evaluation.Previously, Neurotechnology showed outstanding results in the IREX, IREX III and IREX IV evaluations.
To meet the demands of a variety of applications, we developed many advanced algorithms based on computer vision.For instance, they are used in SentiSight.ai, our interactive web platform for developing AI-based object recognition applications.The platform has tools designed to support interactive model training - without coding - and faster image labeling, thus reducing the amount of user effort spent on data mining.We also run projects tailored to the specific needs of our customers.
Our technology for real-time surveillance was designed to support biometric face identification of moving pedestrians using live video streams from high-resolution digital cameras.The technology is used for passive identification, when passers-by do not make any efforts to be recognized.Possible uses for this technology include law enforcement, security, attendance control, visitor counting, traffic monitoring and other commercial applications.
Some of our ealier R&D efforts related to computer vision also involved technologies for eye movement tracking and 3D object model reconstruction.
Our current R&D effort in robotics is focused on the "programming by demonstration" approach and its practical implementation in various neural network structures. During our experiments we not only gained experience with different types of neural networks (e.g., various CNN's, RNN's, including RNN's with external memory, the self modifying RNN and the CMP, Cognitive Mapping and Planning), we also developed our own theoretical innovations.
SentiBotics, our ready-to-use robotics development kit, allows rapid development and testing of mobile robots. The kit includes a mobile robotic platform with a 3D vision system, a modular robotic arm and accompanying ROS-based software we have built on our own, with complete source code and programming samples.
Our Ultrasound Research Group undertakes research in the fields of ultrasonic particle manipulation, parametric array and transducer technology.It develops novel algorithms, hardware and electronics solutions for ultrasonics applications.Currently, the group is developing a new, patent-pending 3D printing and assembling technology based on ultrasonic particle manipulation.This new technology is intended to expand capabilities of existing 3D printing and assembling processes.In 2018, the group also filed a patent for a novel ultrasonic electrostatic transducer technology.These transducers were developed primarily for use in parametric array systems.
- Neurotechnology Market: Qualitative Analysis of the Leading Players and Competitive Industry Scenario, 2025 - Express Journal - July 11th, 2020
- Elon Musk to release progress update on Neuralink brain chip on August 28 - Inceptive Mind - July 11th, 2020
- Facial Recognition Technology Market Key Drivers, Business Insights, Trends And Forecast To 2028 - Jewish Life News - July 11th, 2020
- Elon Musk says Neuralinks capability to cure mental illness is great and terrifying - Republic World - Republic World - July 11th, 2020
- Encouraging results from functional MRI in an unresponsive patient with COVID-19 - Science Codex - July 11th, 2020
- Facial Recognition System Market: Deep Analysis by Production Overview and Insights 2018 - Market Research Publicist - July 11th, 2020
- Clinicians find encouraging results from functional MR in an unresponsive patient with COVID-19 - DOTmed HealthCare Business News - July 11th, 2020
- Humans 'prick' their ears up just like cats and dogs when they hear interesting sounds, scientists find - Telegraph.co.uk - July 11th, 2020
- Face Recognition Software Market Share, Growth, Statistics, By Application, Production, Revenue & Forecast To 2026 - Owned - July 11th, 2020
- Global Face and Voice Biometrics Market Projected to Reach USD XX.XX billion by 2025- 3M Cogent (USA), NEC Corporation of America (USA), AcSys... - July 11th, 2020
- Trending: Neurotechnology Market 2020- Analysis And In-Depth Research On Market Size, Trends, Emerging Growth Factors And Forecast To 2026 - Cole of... - June 21st, 2020
- Growth of Facial Recognition Technology Market has been derived from the growing CAGR 2020-2028 - WorldsTrend - June 21st, 2020
- Meet 10 Companies Working On Reading Your Thoughts (And Even Those Of Your Pets) - Forbes - June 21st, 2020
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation Breakthrough Suggests Route To Therapies for Arthritis, Heart Failure - Technology Networks - June 18th, 2020
- 2020 Judges, FAQ, and Nominations - MIT Technology Review - June 18th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Global Face and Voice Biometrics Market 2020 Industry Size, Advancement Strategy, Top Players, SWOT Analysis and 2025... - June 18th, 2020
- Read Only Memories: Neurodiver Gets PS4, Xbox One, And PC Release Window - Noisy Pixel - June 18th, 2020
- Partnership brings together education and diagnostic tool on concussion - Med-Tech Innovation - May 19th, 2020
- Facial Recognition Market Report 2020 Industry Size, Share, Growth, Trends, Sales Revenue, Business Strategies, Key Countries Analysis by Leading... - May 19th, 2020
- Neurotechnology overview: Why we need a treaty to regulate weapons controlled by thinking - Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists - May 3rd, 2020
- NeuroOne Medical Technologies Corp. Appoints Vanessa Tolosa to Scientific Advisory Board: Leading Researcher in Neurotech to Guide Further Development... - May 3rd, 2020
- Needham Reaffirms Their Hold Rating on Stryker (SYK) - Smarter Analyst - May 3rd, 2020
- Stryker (SYK) to Report Q1 Earnings: What's in the Offing? - Yahoo Finance - May 3rd, 2020
- Facial Recognition Market 2020 Size, Share Growth, Trend, Industry Analysis and Forecast to 2025 - Latest Herald - May 3rd, 2020
- Stryker beats The Street on Q1 results, warns of significant COVID-19 impact - Mass Device - May 1st, 2020
- Morgan Stanley Maintains Their Buy Rating on Stryker (SYK) - Smarter Analyst - May 1st, 2020
- The scientist told about the dangers of smartphones during a pandemic coronavirus - The Times Hub - May 1st, 2020
- COVID19 Update: Facial Recognition Market 2020: Size, Share, Application, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies Analysis and Forecasts To 2025 -... - May 1st, 2020
- Fingerprint Biometrics In The Var Market 2020 Demand Analysis and Outlook | Eyenetwatch, Neurotechnology, Delaney Secure Ltd.and Others - Cole of... - April 26th, 2020
- Neurotechnology Market Forecast with Top Companies, Growth Factors, Classification, Regional Analysis, Development Factors and Bedding Fabrics... - March 31st, 2020
- MOBILE BIOMETRICS MARKET TRENDS, TECHNOLOGY AND FORECAST | BY TOP COMPANIES APPLE INC.; IDEMIA; NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.; NEC CORPORATION - Skyline... - March 31st, 2020
- Face Recognition Market Discover How Increased Adoption of Among Developing Economies Offers A Major Opportunity in Industry - Skyline Gazette - March 31st, 2020
- Facial Recognition System Report Highlights The Competitive Scenario With Impact Of Drivers And Challenges 2026 - Bandera County Courier - March 26th, 2020
- Global Face and Voice Biometrics Market expected to grow USD XX.X million by 2025- 3M Cogent (USA), NEC Corporation of America (USA), AcSys Biometrics... - March 4th, 2020
- Mind-reading technology is everyone's next big security nightmare. - Techiexpert.com - TechiExpert.com - March 4th, 2020
- Neurotechnology Market Professional Survey and In-Depth Analysis Research Report Foresight to 2017 2025 - Redhill Local Councillors - February 12th, 2020
- Elon Musk promises to have the Neuralink brain chip in a human this year - Inceptive Mind - February 12th, 2020
- Facial Recognition System Market Drivers is Responsible to for Increasing Market Share, Forecast to 2026 - Instant Tech News - February 12th, 2020
- Learn About NeuroTechnology Treatment Options for Hearing ... - February 11th, 2020
- What is NeuroTechnology? | NeuroTechnology and Hearing Loss - February 11th, 2020
- Non-fiction reviews: One Blade of Grass and three other titles - The Sydney Morning Herald - February 11th, 2020
- Social Credit Market by Physical and Cyber Infrastructure (Sensors, Cameras, Biometrics, Computer Vision), Software (Machine Learning, Data Analytics,... - February 11th, 2020
- Face and Voice Biometrics Market Demand And Analysis of Key Players Research Forecasts 2019-2025 - Redhill Local Councillors - February 11th, 2020
- Stryker (SYK) Q4 Earnings and Revenues Surpass Estimates - Yahoo Finance - January 30th, 2020
- Stryker Announces Q4/Full Year 2019 Financial Results and 2020 Outlook - Financialbuzz.com - January 30th, 2020
- CES 2020: The symbiosis of human and machine - The Drum - January 30th, 2020
- Facial Tracking Solution Market 2020 Will Touch a New Level in the Upcoming Year 2027 with Top Key Players: NEC, Aware, Gemalto, Ayonix Face... - January 29th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of SYK earnings conference call or presentation 28-Jan-20 9:30pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - January 29th, 2020
- Fingerprint Biometrics in VAR Market |Global Industry Size, Analysis, Growth Factors, Key Companies, Regional Outlook, Future Insights Till 2026 -... - January 29th, 2020
- United States Air Force Plans to "Aim High" Leveraging the Science of Neuroplasticity - PRNewswire - January 27th, 2020
- The Neural Revolution Is Almost Here. Should We Fear It? | Articles | Chief Data Officer - Innovation Enterprise - January 27th, 2020
- Stryker (SYK) to Report Q4 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Zacks.com - January 27th, 2020
- Science in the 2010s: Neuroscience - Labmate Online - January 5th, 2020
- The Future of the Brain: Implants, Ethics, and AI - Psychology Today - January 5th, 2020
- Automatic Speech Recognition Software Market Innovative Report Growth Impact over the Forecast Year 2020-2029: Google, Baidu, Inc. - Neptune Pine - January 5th, 2020
- Neurotechnology Market Trends, Key Players, Overview, Competitive Breakdown and Regional Forecast by 2025 - Filmi Baba - December 27th, 2019
- Parents Pay Thousands for Brain Training to Help Kids With ADHD and Autism. But Does It Work? - NBC Southern California - December 27th, 2019
- Neurotechnology startup NextMind unveils world's first brain-sensing wearable that delivers real-time device control with just your thoughts -... - November 25th, 2019
- Neurotechnology Market Poised to Expand at a Robust Pace Over 2017 2025 - Crypto Journal - November 25th, 2019
- NextMind Unveils World's First Brain-Sensing Wearable That Delivers Real-Time Device Control With Just Your Thoughts - Business Wire - November 25th, 2019
- Holiday Stress Is Real! More Than One-Third Of Those In U.S. Would Skip The Holiday Season This Year! - P&T Community - November 25th, 2019
- Fingerprint Biometrics in VAR Market Analysis by Key Players, Types, Applications and Growth Opportunities to 2025 - The Denton Chronicle - November 25th, 2019
- DARPA aims to develop next-generation of mind-controlled tech for US soldiers - Stock Daily Dish - November 25th, 2019
- Researchers use 7T MR to create highest resolution brain scan ever - DOTmed HealthCare Business News - November 1st, 2019
- Stryker reports third quarter 2019 operating results - BioSpace - November 1st, 2019
- Synaptive Progresses into the Spinal Surgery Market - Healthcare Tech Outlook - November 1st, 2019
- Besides Smartphones, Government Initiatives and the Retail Industry to Drive the Global Facial Recognition Market - GlobeNewswire - November 1st, 2019
- Stay Tuned with the Epic Battle in the Fingerprint Biometrics in the VAR Market - Online News Guru - October 16th, 2019
- The US military is trying to read minds - MIT Technology Review - October 16th, 2019
- Neurotechnology Releases Update to its NCheck Bio Attendance Time and Attendance Solution - PRNewswire - October 1st, 2019
- Neurotechnology upgrades facial biometrics and other features of time and attendance system - Biometric Update - October 1st, 2019
- He was rejected in Mexico but now triumphs in Japan with a prosthesis that dominates with the mind. - The Yucatan Times - October 1st, 2019
- Face and Voice Biometrics Market Complete Competitive Analysis and Detailed Geographical Study 2019 2025|3M Cogent (USA), NEC Corporation of America... - October 1st, 2019
- Analyzing PlusTherapeuticsInc . (NASDAQ:PSTV) and Stryker (NASDAQ:SYK) - Riverton Roll - October 1st, 2019
- Welcome to the Bernstein Focus Neurotechnology Gttingen - April 14th, 2019
- About Braingate | BrainGate - April 14th, 2019
- PD Neurotechnology A sophisticated expert system (mobile ... - November 16th, 2018
- Neurotechnology for Brain Injury Fact Sheet | BrainLine - November 8th, 2018
- PD Neurotechnology - Official Site - September 4th, 2018
- Agenda - NeuroTech Partnering - June 14th, 2018