YouTube is far more than just a collection of videos online, says the team at social media tracking company amaSocial.
Did you know that YouTube is the second biggest search engine in the world?
Plus, on top of that, take a look at these impressive stats:
These adverts are charged per view past the five-second mark, so you only pay for viewers who dont skip your ad. They have to be a minimum of 12-seconds long, but keeping it under three minutes is recommended.
Expect to be charged when a viewer has watched the first 30 seconds (if the video is longer than that), the whole video (if its between 12 and 30 seconds long), or they have interacted with your ad by clicking on something whichever comes first.
amaSocial top tip: YouTube uses the term TruView to describe adverts that are only paid for when they are viewed for 30 seconds, or the full length of the advert.
These adverts can either be displayed before a video (pre-roll) or in the middle of a video (mid-roll).
Wed suggest only using this option if youve got some really good creative work and youre sure that it will be able to keep users attention for the full 15 or 20 seconds that your ad plays. If youve got a really good ad, this can be a great option for increasing brand awareness.
Keep in mind that since users cant skip past these adverts, youll be charged per impression.
Generally, these adverts are best used to complement larger video campaigns, as its difficult to tell a good story in just six seconds. Use your time wisely, and only include brand elements that you want audiences to remember there is no room for extras in such a short advert.
Bumper ads are the best choice if your campaign aim is to increase reach and awareness.
These ads include up to three lines of text and a thumbnail. If someone clicks on your ad, they will be automatically redirected to your video page or to your YouTube channel.
If youre wondering why someone would choose a discovery ad as opposed to one of the other formats, keep in mind that YouTube is the biggest search engine after Google. Users are looking for answers, not just videos.
If your video looks more relevant to the organic search results that appear, a user can choose to watch your content instead.
amaSocial top tip: Discovery ads are classed as TruView, meaning that you only pay when they are viewed for 30 seconds, or the full length of the advert.
The platform offers two types:
To do this, youll need to log into your account and click the video camera icon on the top right of the screen and click the Upload video option.
From there, youll be taken to the upload window where you can choose the file you want to upload. You can simply drag your file across and it will upload.
Once its uploaded, be sure to fill in all the necessary details, like the title, description, and tags for the video.
Youll need to log into your Google Ads account to start. Once logged into your account, click on All campaigns in the left-hand sidebar and click the + icon to create your new campaign.
From there, a window will pop up asking you to select a campaign type from the five following options:
For example, if you want to use your YouTube ads to increase the number of visitors to your website, you would select the Website traffic goal.
Name your campaignThe campaign name is only for internal use, so it doesnt have to be the campaigns official title, just something that clearly describes it. If youre running multiple campaigns in Google Ads, this will help you to easily identify each one.
Set your ad budgetSelect the average amount you want to spend each day that your campaign is active.
Start small that way you can test options and refine your campaigns to ensure youre getting the best return on investment.
Youll have to choose between the following two advert delivery methods:
You also dont have to select an end date for your campaign you can keep it running indefinitely as long as you keep paying for it.
Choose your networksHere, you can select where youd like your adverts to appear. When creating a video ad, these are the three options that are available:
Pick a bidding strategyChoose how youd like to pay for your adverts. Remember that certain ad formats have their own cost structures, so your options may be limited based on the ad types youve selected.
Google Ads offers the following four payment options:
For example, if you are advertising products aimed at children, you dont want your ads to appear alongside violent or harmful content.
You can choose between three inventory types:
amaSocial top tip: Dont skip out on these selections, as doing so could lead to a branding nightmare!
Here, you can define who you want to reach by selecting options including age, gender, parental status, income etc. Google Ads offers a variety of options to ensure you find the perfect target market.
To start, input the keywords youre targeting. If youre unsure of the keywords to use, Google Ads has a nifty Get keyword ideas tool that can help you find related keywords to target.
Then, select topics that are relevant to your advert or your brand. This is where you can choose to show your ads on content about specific topics.
Now you can select specific places where you would like your ads to show. If you leave this section blank, your ad will appear on any YouTube or Display Network placements that match your other targeting selections.
If you havent uploaded your video to YouTube in step one fear not! You can upload it at this point. Once your video appears in the search bar, click on it to link it to your ad.
Google Ads will show you which options are available based on the campaign selections youve already made up to this point.
Be sure to add inthe necessary URLs, calls-to-action, and give your advert an SEO-friendly headline.
To finish up, simply click Save and continue, and then click Continue to campaign.
And thats it! Your very first YouTube advert is ready to publish!
For more information, visit amasocial.co.za or connect with the amaSocial team on Facebook, Twitteror LinkedIn.
Go here to read the rest:
- Protolabs: Redoing the revolution in digital manufacturing - Digital Commerce 360 - December 22nd, 2020
- 9-year-old beats Mr Beast & PewDiePie as 2020s highest-paid YouTuber - Dexerto - December 22nd, 2020
- Such a Personal, Private Thing: Rethinking the Home Pregnancy Test - The New York Times - December 22nd, 2020
- On The Podcast: All The Reasons Why Quibi Didnt Work - Tubefilter - October 31st, 2020
- Here is how Photoshop's sky replacement handles a night photo - DIYphotography - October 31st, 2020
- How to link stories and posts the best way to turn your Instagram into a perfect narrative - iLounge - October 31st, 2020
- FileCloud Introduces Most Intuitive File-Sharing Experience Ever: FileCloud Aurora - Business Wire - October 31st, 2020
- Emily Atack on the impact of the horrific sexual harassment she faces every day - The Irish Sun - October 31st, 2020
- 6 WordPress Plugins Breached by Hackers - Built In - October 8th, 2020
- Why Sales and Bestseller List Reporting Is Vital in 2020: An Overview - BTW - October 8th, 2020
- When to Get a Refinance Home Appraisal and When to Skip - Credible News - October 8th, 2020
- Why Image-Enabling the EHR Benefits Patients and Providers Alike - Diagnostic Imaging - October 8th, 2020
- Money Game: Will instruction apps ever beat one-on-one teaching? - Golf.com - October 8th, 2020
- Neuralink Is Impressive Tech, Wrapped in Musk Hype - WIRED - September 8th, 2020
- Glow & Lovely has launched its new campaign, but why does it look and feel exactly like Fair & Lovely? - Business Insider India - September 8th, 2020
- A live digital Platform behind the scenes for more effective and transparent country response - World Health Organization - September 8th, 2020
- How group streaming could look in the future - Mashable - September 8th, 2020
- Back to the books: Glen Cove Public Library is now open for browsing - liherald - September 8th, 2020
- During the pandemic, local companies help seniors bridge the technology gap - Chesterfield Observer - September 8th, 2020
- Op-ed: Privacy considerations to keep in mind with Amazon's Halo - CNBC - September 2nd, 2020
- 18 Instagram Stories Hacks That Will Blow Your Mind - Digital Market News - September 2nd, 2020
- Sean OShea: Tips for Paralegals and Litigation Support Professionals August 2020 - JD Supra - September 2nd, 2020
- Why and How Did Tik Tok Absolutely Take Over Quarantine? - The George-Anne - September 2nd, 2020
- Blasters of the Universe: Infinity Forever Is A New Free-Roam VR Shooter - UploadVR - September 2nd, 2020
- Jamia group accuses admin of not listening to queries over merit-based admissions, varsity says no decicion yet - EdexLive - September 2nd, 2020
- 'As Kids We Were Taught to Become Humans, Amit Shah Wants Us to Become Hindus, Muslims' - The Wire - September 2nd, 2020
- There's more to testing than simply testing - SDTimes.com - September 2nd, 2020
- 'We're lucky to have The Hub' - Art & Leisure - Teesdale Mercury - September 2nd, 2020
- On The Podcast: Snapchat Is The Biggest Media Company Whose Content Youve Never WatchedBut Thats About To Change - Tubefilter - August 31st, 2020
- Yes, John Carmack Will Speak Live At Facebook Connect - UploadVR - August 31st, 2020
- Grab's Asha Gourinath on why it's time for brands to re-evaluate their messaging - The Drum - August 31st, 2020
- Tired Of Looking Online? These New Business Ideas Are Mind-Blowing To Start With! - Inventiva - August 31st, 2020
- How to Record and Transcribe Audio in Microsoft Word - Beebom - August 31st, 2020
- Start with a fresh page: Former Moray journalist on life as a tour guide in Barcelona and her new book - Press and Journal - August 31st, 2020
- Using tech to define the 'new normal' in classrooms | Business Post - Business Post - August 31st, 2020
- A Day in the Life: NBA Journalists Living Inside the Orlando Bubble - Sportscasting - August 31st, 2020
- LINKS Demand Marketing Trailblazes The Bi-lingual On-demand Marketing Experience - Yahoo Finance - August 14th, 2020
- The Walking Dead Onslaught Will Be Forward Compatible With PS5 For PSVR - UploadVR - August 14th, 2020
- Ease anxiety with the sounds of bees - Los Angeles Times - August 14th, 2020
- The role of remote monitoring post-lockdown - Med-Tech Innovation - August 14th, 2020
- DLive add new emote feature - here's how to use it - Dexerto - August 14th, 2020
- As Film Festivals Go Online, a Competitive New Business Takes Shape to Support Them - IndieWire - August 14th, 2020
- The best recent science fiction, fantasy and horror review roundup - The Guardian - August 14th, 2020
- What is The Dream Bell Exchange Ticket in Animal Crossing (& How to Get Them) - Screen Rant - August 10th, 2020
- Instagram launches Reels, its attempt to keep you off TikTok - The Verge - August 10th, 2020
- Join a Virtual Race with the Northwest Broward Road Runners Club - Parkland Talk - Parkland Talk - August 10th, 2020
- Gigabit broadband rollout milestone reached - GOV.UK - GOV.UK - August 10th, 2020
- GMB weather girl Lucy Verasamy parades mind-blowing curves in skintight top - Daily Star - August 10th, 2020
- Understanding files: 4 types of files and their uses - AZ Big Media - August 8th, 2020
- How to remove restrictions from a PDF with free programs? - Explica - August 8th, 2020
- Berkeley has put $580K behind the arts. The caveat: no one can congregate to enjoy them - Berkeleyside - August 8th, 2020
- Dreams PSVR Review: A Messy, Unmissable VR Playground In Need Of An Overhaul - UploadVR - August 8th, 2020
- Mind uploading in fiction - Wikipedia - August 8th, 2020
- In a future of mind uploading, will you still be you, and ... - August 8th, 2020
- The immortalist: Uploading the mind to a computer - BBC News - August 8th, 2020
- The Singularity Is Near: Mind Uploading by 2045? | Live ... - August 8th, 2020
- Eye of the Temple Reminds You How Amazing Room-Scale VR Is, Demo Available Now - UploadVR - August 7th, 2020
- Teaching: Your Questions About Hybrid Teaching Answered - The Chronicle of Higher Education - August 7th, 2020
- New Font Styles on Instagram Stories: How to Find and Use the New Font Styles - Parade - August 7th, 2020
- How to Get Cast on 'The X Factor' - Backstage - August 7th, 2020
- 'Naming The Tree' | Circle Round 103 | Circle Round - WBUR - August 6th, 2020
- Green and Growing: Plant blindness, a mower, and one unfortunate afternoon - theday.com - August 6th, 2020
- Find the Original Source Image of your Favorite Movie - News Lagoon - August 6th, 2020
- Penn law and engineering students built these accessible tech projects for Philly nonprofits - Technical.ly - August 6th, 2020
- PewDiePie shares reason behind not wanting to take photos in public - Dexerto - August 4th, 2020
- Heres how to identify the cause of your slow internet speed - KTAR.com - August 4th, 2020
- Breaking News - Amazon Studios Orders Second Season of the Hit Thriller "Hunters" - The Futon Critic - August 4th, 2020
- Start the Year With a 'Primary Focus' on Relationship-Building - Education Week - August 4th, 2020
- The First Steps in Adding Ecommerce to a Brick-and-mortar Store - Practical Ecommerce - August 4th, 2020
- The digital divide worsens the inequitable impacts of the climate crisis - GreenBiz - August 4th, 2020
- Skypath Security, Inc. Announces the Integration of a multi-functional Panic Button Alert System into its World Class Mobile Defense Platform - PR Web - August 4th, 2020
- Wealth Tech Demystified Part 5: Fee And Billing Software - Barron's - July 31st, 2020
- AI tool developed to predict, monitor and test health and safety of workforce - HR News - July 31st, 2020
- Tim Burton Had 'The Rock' In Mind For 2005 Willy Wonka Adaptation - 97.3FM - July 31st, 2020
- Thanks to COVID-19 cash, faster internet is coming for parts of rural Mississippi - Clarion Ledger - July 31st, 2020
- The Ultimate Ranking of The Muppets - E! Online - July 31st, 2020
- FYJC admissions: CAP committee issues instructions to ensure students face no hiccups while filling forms online - The Indian Express - July 31st, 2020
- Watauga County Schools To Open School Year With 9 Weeks Of Remote Learning - Go Blue Ridge - July 31st, 2020
- Singapore third in Asia-Pacific for mobile network experience ahead of 5G rollout: Study - The Straits Times - July 31st, 2020
- What is alt text in WordPress? How to add image descriptions on your web page to improve accessibility and website ranking - Business Insider... - July 31st, 2020