Everyone loves entertainment, be it in the form of games, songs, and series. Today, media and entertainment have become the fundamental requirement of an overstressed society. Paradigm shifts in consumer behaviour, business models, and technology are shaking the existing scenario of advertising as well as consumption of the online streaming services.
The media and entertainment industry is at the cornerstone of a rapid shift in the way content is distributed. This evolving trend is accelerated by the propagation of the internet leading to the takeover of traditional media channels such as cable and radio by the on-demand streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime. As a result, consumers have diverse options to select from in case of media consumption. A new battle in media has begun wherein the companies need to outshine by helping its customers strike an economical deal from an array of streaming platforms.
Lights, camera, and action let us roll to deep dive in the Australian Media Industry.
We are embracing online streaming via Subscription-based VOD services.
Todays empowered customer with desires for numerous fresh and different experiences.
In retrospect, the static and traditional M&E model worked on a straight and direct path for creativity and monetisation. The world is full of a submissive, inactive, and unresponsive audience which viewed what was shown to it. The digital boom established a dynamic and atomised world, which resulted in empowering the M&E audience and enabling them to gradually mount their expectations towards the customised ways for products and service delivery.
Viewing has risen to a different level from just streaming a flick or show on various devices, to a customised experience across mobility, communications and entertainment, as well as financial services. The rise of players in the media arena has led to a fight to grab, hold and set up a straight bond with the audience, which seems different yet alike in their habits.
The mysterious streaming industry has a lot of unsolved answers left in their laps with the choices of the audience in the vast demographics where in some require convenience and the others an attractive deal. From HD through DTH, to the best viewing experience, the landscape for the Television box has altered due to the demand and supply created in this competitive streaming world which has seen major studios finding ways to curtail customers with their experience and fast delivery of services.
The audience in the streaming industry has a number of choices at their disposal from the likes of Amazon Prime, Foxtel Now, Stan, Netflix. This, in turn, is better for viewers to choose from as per the type of experience they want while keeping in mind that it does not hit their pockets.
DO WATCH: Foxtel's "Next Generation Entertainment Streaming Service" to launch next week? | Market Update
You often feel annoyed by advertisements that boom on your screen while watching your favourite content online. But the question is, why are they popping up? What are these video streamers earning out of this hiccup that they cause while watching? These questions give rise to the concept of Ad-supported videos. These videos are becoming the leading model of delivering streaming video across the countries. They can be mixed with the subscription services, or the revenues can be from ads alone. Advertisements may provide the required revenue for streaming providers that aspire to spread their wings into different verticals, such as gaming and music. Tubi TV, a streaming provider in Australia whose services, is entirely free to use. But what is the catch? As it is said, nothing is free in this world. Tubi TV does not offer subscriptions; instead, a person has to sit through a bunch of unskippable advertisements while watching. These ads generate income for the provider. This ad-supported video offers advanced advertising capabilities in the form of consumer segmentation and targeting, which can further foster effective measurement and campaign management.
5G changing the landscape of VR and AR
With the launch of 5G around the corner, various applications are likely to embrace from 5G. The 5G transition is presumed to develop a fortune for the network, infrastructure, and equipment vendors. With the advent of 5G, the download and upload speed are expected to increase exponentially. Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) apps were initially hyped. Still, they could not live up to the expectations is expected to embrace 5G from the bandwidth and low latency that is required for the seamless AR and VR experiences. Companies are now discovering various ways to accommodate them into their applications and services. AR/VR emergence is expected to unfold its benefits in areas never touched before, such as an extremely interactive alternative to the classic gaming controllers and keyboards, improve customer viewing and shopping experience.
INTERESTING READ: 5G, Cloud Computing, Bundling the three pieces of pie in Australian Telecom
The wave of merging and acquisition activity - powering media & entertainment evolution
The M&A deals are expected reshape and reinvent the positioning of the companies within the strategic landscape. M&A is likely to provide access for media companies to strengthen their content libraries. Such as recently, Foxtel and Warner Media struck a deal wherein Foxtel gets to retain its subscribers by using WarnerMedias content. WarnerMedia, on the other hand, gets to expand its customer base through Foxtel.
DID YOU READ: Nine Entertainment Sells NZ Business Stuff Limited to Management Buyout
The personalisation wave fuelled by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
You finished watching a series and some recommendations at the end pop up as in what can be observed next. Ever wondered why they pop up? How do these apps know I would like to watch this series next? All this is made possible by AI.
AI can be used in multiple ways to enhance the customer experience as well as to streamline business operations.AI can help unleash companies in the creation of new ads, movie trailers or recommend to customers what they may interest in watching or listening to keep them engaged.
With the upsurge in demand and rising expectations of the customers for personalised content, various media companies have evolved using AI to content creation according to customer choice from mere suggestions. This offering gives them a highly personalised experience.
We often say let us play a game, from a pastime to an industry, this is our new world of Games.
eSports - Sensation of the gaming arena
The platform is loaded with the sponsorships, prizes, and viewership range across the place.
Working on the formulae of GoT everything you want to Apologies for the inconvenience, there are various unanswered questions, starting from grabbing broadcast and distribution rights, the selection of target audience and becoming live entertainment to fill current emptiness in live sports.
The platform is growing from amateur to a professional with its popularity since its introduction.
There are legions of fans already watching video game competitions and looking forward to various gaming tournaments such as Melbourne Esports Open 2020 starting 22 August 2020 with the prize of US$250,000.
Esports Mogul Limited (ASX:ESH) operates a tournament platform called mogul.gg. Mogul .gg is the new pure-play online esports tournament inclusive of platform chat and streaming functionality.
The esports platform work towards game development and adoption, as well as internet connection speeds. It works on the principles of audience viewing professional gamers playing prevalent games. These platforms enable real-time tracking of events to move by move through various social media sites.
It will be interesting to watch which company outshines in the battleground in media by leveraging the opportunities in the form of customer acquisition, and retainment. Also, witnessing the new take of various companies in the field of esports, AI is set to become a strong contender in this contest.
Originally posted here:
- Readers Comments: The Jayaraj-Bennix case is more than just a South Indian issue - Scroll.in - July 12th, 2020
- Improve Your Remote Work Productivity With These Eight Utilities - Star of Mysore - July 12th, 2020
- In person or in spirit: Local churches offer different approaches to VBS during COVID-19 - The Republic - July 11th, 2020
- ISC Result 2020 Released at cisce.org and results.cisce.org: How to Check CISCE Results Online, via SMS - News18 - July 10th, 2020
- Adapting Sword Art Onlines massive world into a JRPG - PlayStation.Blog - July 10th, 2020
- Mind uploading - Wikipedia - June 30th, 2020
- Mind uploading | Transhumanism Wiki | Fandom - June 30th, 2020
- Mind Uploading - June 30th, 2020
- The Singularity Is Near: Mind Uploading by 2045? | Live ... - June 30th, 2020
- Tati Westbrook claims Shane Dawson offered to edit her 2019 video that set off a YouTube beauty war - Insider - INSIDER - June 30th, 2020
- Mind uploading in fiction - Wikipedia - June 30th, 2020
- Innovative device to remotely monitor student-athletes amid the pandemic - University of Miami - June 30th, 2020
- CamScanner banned in India: 5 alternative apps you can use - The Indian Express - June 30th, 2020
- How to get started with TikTok - The Verge - June 30th, 2020
- MTN has launched its 5G offering in South Africa here's what you need to know - Stuff Magazines - June 30th, 2020
- What happens if your mind lives for ever on the internet ... - May 26th, 2020
- Mind uploading - RationalWiki - May 26th, 2020
- The Office Creator Greg Daniels on Returning to the Funny TV Business With Space Force and Upload - Variety - May 26th, 2020
- Soona, The Virtual Photoshoot Company Youve Been Dreaming About - Forbes - May 26th, 2020
- Forget Zombies: Its Humans That Make The Walking Dead VR Truly Memorable - UploadVR - May 26th, 2020
- OnePlus 8 Pro: 5 reasons to pick up this fully formed Android [Video] - 9to5Google - May 26th, 2020
- 'The 100': Who Did the Dark Commander Kill? - Heavy.com - May 26th, 2020
- Will We Ever Be Able to Upload Our Brains? - ComputerShopper.com - May 15th, 2020
- AP test-takers report problems submitting online exams, fear they'll have to retake - NBC News - May 15th, 2020
- Instagram Officially Launches Option to Share Instagram Live Broadcasts to IGTV - Social Media Today - May 15th, 2020
- 15 TV shows and hidden gems that might be under your radar - from Netflix's Midnight Gospel to Amazon's Upload - Yahoo News - May 15th, 2020
- Broadband jargon buster - learn the internet lingo before you buy - TechRadar - May 15th, 2020
- You will be seeing a lot of Qualcomm SD768G 5G phones soon - GadgetGuy - May 15th, 2020
- Four things that may delay PF advance - Livemint - May 15th, 2020
- Covidsafe app: how Australias coronavirus contact tracing app works, what it does, downloads and problems - The Guardian - May 15th, 2020
- Our forthcoming shows will be dedicated to the memory of those who have lost their lives Aysha Rau, The Little Theatre, Chennai - Indulgexpress - May 15th, 2020
- How to tell how fast your internet speed is using a free and accurate speed test - Business Insider - Business Insider - May 15th, 2020
- Add Game Of Thrones & Westworld To Your Zoom Calls With HBO Backgrounds - Screen Rant - May 15th, 2020
- Aarogya Setu data only shared with government officials directly involved in COVID-19 interventions - Times Now - May 15th, 2020
- Beat Ways To Learn PLC Programming With The Help Of PLC Training - NewsPatrolling - May 15th, 2020
- Upload Satirizes a Capitalist Heaven - The Atlantic - May 11th, 2020
- Endpoint Security: The New Frontier - Security Today - May 11th, 2020
- Covidsafe app: how to download Australias coronavirus contact tracing app, how it works, what it does and problems - The Guardian - May 11th, 2020
- Why Entrepreneurs Should Choose Insights Over Instincts - The Advocate - May 10th, 2020
- 5 ways to replace stadium atmospheres as football goes behind closed doors - Paddy Power News - May 10th, 2020
- 'I Am Doing My Best' - Teaching Math During the School Closure Crisis - Education Week - May 10th, 2020
- View: The price of Covid freedom may be eternal spying - ETTelecom.com - May 10th, 2020
- How to rent a property during the circuit breaker: Tips for landlords - AsiaOne - May 10th, 2020
- Why Entrepreneurs Should Choose Insights Over Instincts - Entrepreneur - May 9th, 2020
- Free cloud storage: Which providers offer the most space - Android Authority - May 9th, 2020
- The immortalist: Uploading the mind to a computer - BBC News - May 3rd, 2020
- Enid High School seeing adjustment in wake of coronavirus - Enid News & Eagle - May 3rd, 2020
- Here's How Coronavirus Has Impacted Aussie Drug Habits & How Dealers Are Making It Work - Pedestrian TV - May 3rd, 2020
- 5 Traps That Will Kill Online Learning (and Strategies to Avoid Them) - EdSurge - May 3rd, 2020
- How to Be a Good Neighbor Now - The New York Times - May 3rd, 2020
- From Hannah Gadsby's Douglas to The Great: what's new to streaming in Australia in May - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- That Blessed 'Parks And Rec' Reunion Just Aired So Here's A TL;DR Of Everything That Happened - Pedestrian TV - May 3rd, 2020
- Lockdown in Mind, UGC Committee Recommends Starting Admission Process from August 1 - News18 - May 3rd, 2020
- I Lost My Casual Job & It Ended Up Being The Best Thing That Ever Happened For My Career - Pedestrian TV - May 3rd, 2020
- 10 Amazing Tips to Get the Best out of TikTok Mobile App - Dignited - May 3rd, 2020
- Why Our Minds Can't Really Be Uploaded to Computers - Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence - April 26th, 2020
- How to edit the caption on a TikTok by reposting it - Business Insider - Business Insider - April 26th, 2020
- The best broadband deals in April 2020 - The Sun - April 26th, 2020
- Everything You Need to Know About Your Smartphone's New COVID-19 Tracker - University of Virginia - April 26th, 2020
- The University of Utah library wants you! to share coronavirus history being made at your house - Salt Lake Tribune - April 26th, 2020
- Fear Over The Job Market Prompted Thousands Of People To Upload Their Rsums Online - Forbes - March 31st, 2020
- This Is How You Actually Make Money on YouTube - Yahoo Finance - March 31st, 2020
- New to Zoom? Here are tips and tricks to make you a pro user - FOX40 - March 31st, 2020
- Meet the artist whose upload is one of our 2020 favourites (so far) - ABC News - March 31st, 2020
- How to Make a Bit of Extra Cash From Your Living Room - OZY - March 31st, 2020
- Shufti Pro donates free ID and biometric face verification to coronavirus frontline organizations - Biometric Update - March 31st, 2020
- 'The dancefloor is a religious experience': the unselfconscious retro joy of the home dance workout - The Guardian - March 31st, 2020
- Half-Life: Alyx Is The Highest Rated PC Game So Far In 2020, According to Metacritic - UploadVR - March 31st, 2020
- The consumers guide to internet speed - Flux Magazine - March 31st, 2020
- Modsy Interior Design Review - The Pros, Cons, and Cost of Modsy - GoodHousekeeping.com - March 31st, 2020
- Westworld: Who Is the Charlotte Hale Host? - Collider.com - March 31st, 2020
- Schools embrace remote learning to beat Covid-19 disruption - Small Business - March 31st, 2020
- Can you see someone's profile picture if they have blocked you on WhatsApp? Here's what you need to know - Times Now - March 31st, 2020
- How the FE sector is adapting to the coronavirus crisis - FE Week - March 31st, 2020
- Valve Talks Half-Life: Alyxs Big Ending: You Could Say The Team Is Issuing A Challenge - UploadVR - March 26th, 2020
- How fast does your internet need to be to survive quarantine life? - Mashable - March 26th, 2020
- How Long Do You Want to Live? This Technology Could Potentially Help People Live Forever - Interesting Engineering - March 26th, 2020
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Jean-Luc Picard may upload his mind to a synthesized being, bringing the show full circle - MEAWW - March 26th, 2020
- Coronavirus making you work from home? We tried these 6 free apps to break the monotony - YourStory - March 26th, 2020
- 2AM's Jo Kwon Talks About How Musicals With EXO's Xiumin, Yoon Ji Sung, And More Helped Him During Military Service + His Future Plans - soompi - March 26th, 2020