As the coronavirus pandemic continues to completely change our way of life, drug dealers are finding some pretty interesting trends in the market.
Completely unsurprisingly, party drugs have become less popular, likely due to the fact that every single bar and nightclub across the country has been closed for weeks. According to a recent interview with VICE, users in Melbourne have been opting for weed or Xanax instead of the usual upper drugs like cocaine and MDMA.
The customers in Melbourne have gone down though. Selling way more Xanax and weed. People have been getting into the downers, an (understandably) anonymous dealer told Vice.
A recent report from The Economist echoed a similar story over in the UK, where coke is out, weed is in.
Basically, people across the globe seem to be turning to weed as a way to calm down and distract themselves from the absolute shit show that is the current global health pandemic.
It locks me downphysically and mentally, a weed user told The Economist. It helps me filter out all this drama.
But in addition to a decrease in sales, dealers have also seen a decline in quality due to difficulties importing cocaine. Its never easy to import cocaine (or any drug) into Australia, but with closed borders, its harder than ever to get cocaine from Columbia or Peru to Sydney without being detected.
Difficulties in importing pure cocaine has resulted in dealers cutting their product with other substances.
The supply is getting weak, a dealer told VICE. For the first few weeks, it was good. We were only losing about 30 percent so it was really strong stuff. But were losing more than 40 percent now.
Obviously, theres been an increase in downer drugs like Xanax and weed, presumably because were all stuck at home and wouldnt mind to chill out a little bit. But it turns out theres still a decent chunk of people buying coke on weekends, which would make for some interesting Zoom kick-ons.
No, cocaine wont cure your case of the COVID-19 coronavirus, but that doesnt mean people arent using it to spice up their Friday night knock off Zoom drinks.
The coronavirus hasnt completely killed the market for drugs, which means dealers have had to get creative in order to deliver while maintaining a safe social distance. They might be breaking drug-related laws, but at least theyre being responsible about it.
If its night time, weve been meeting in car parks. Ill tell them to go into the shops and text me their license plate and I just leave it in their glovebox. Usually just do the same thing at local parks and shit like where people will be exercising. Its pretty chill but Ive been keeping my distance, another dealer explained to VICE.
So there you have it, coronavirus has us all smoking more weed and doing less party drugs. But if you thought nobody was doing coke in their own bathrooms at kick-ons, youd be sorely mistaken.
Read the original post:
- Mind uploading - Wikipedia - June 30th, 2020
- Mind uploading | Transhumanism Wiki | Fandom - June 30th, 2020
- Mind Uploading - June 30th, 2020
- The Singularity Is Near: Mind Uploading by 2045? | Live ... - June 30th, 2020
- Tati Westbrook claims Shane Dawson offered to edit her 2019 video that set off a YouTube beauty war - Insider - INSIDER - June 30th, 2020
- Mind uploading in fiction - Wikipedia - June 30th, 2020
- Innovative device to remotely monitor student-athletes amid the pandemic - University of Miami - June 30th, 2020
- CamScanner banned in India: 5 alternative apps you can use - The Indian Express - June 30th, 2020
- How to get started with TikTok - The Verge - June 30th, 2020
- MTN has launched its 5G offering in South Africa here's what you need to know - Stuff Magazines - June 30th, 2020
- What happens if your mind lives for ever on the internet ... - May 26th, 2020
- Mind uploading - RationalWiki - May 26th, 2020
- The Office Creator Greg Daniels on Returning to the Funny TV Business With Space Force and Upload - Variety - May 26th, 2020
- Soona, The Virtual Photoshoot Company Youve Been Dreaming About - Forbes - May 26th, 2020
- Forget Zombies: Its Humans That Make The Walking Dead VR Truly Memorable - UploadVR - May 26th, 2020
- OnePlus 8 Pro: 5 reasons to pick up this fully formed Android [Video] - 9to5Google - May 26th, 2020
- 'The 100': Who Did the Dark Commander Kill? - Heavy.com - May 26th, 2020
- "Rolling - 3,2,1: A take on the Australian Media Industry" - Kalkine Media - May 26th, 2020
- Will We Ever Be Able to Upload Our Brains? - ComputerShopper.com - May 15th, 2020
- AP test-takers report problems submitting online exams, fear they'll have to retake - NBC News - May 15th, 2020
- Instagram Officially Launches Option to Share Instagram Live Broadcasts to IGTV - Social Media Today - May 15th, 2020
- 15 TV shows and hidden gems that might be under your radar - from Netflix's Midnight Gospel to Amazon's Upload - Yahoo News - May 15th, 2020
- Broadband jargon buster - learn the internet lingo before you buy - TechRadar - May 15th, 2020
- You will be seeing a lot of Qualcomm SD768G 5G phones soon - GadgetGuy - May 15th, 2020
- Four things that may delay PF advance - Livemint - May 15th, 2020
- Covidsafe app: how Australias coronavirus contact tracing app works, what it does, downloads and problems - The Guardian - May 15th, 2020
- Our forthcoming shows will be dedicated to the memory of those who have lost their lives Aysha Rau, The Little Theatre, Chennai - Indulgexpress - May 15th, 2020
- How to tell how fast your internet speed is using a free and accurate speed test - Business Insider - Business Insider - May 15th, 2020
- Add Game Of Thrones & Westworld To Your Zoom Calls With HBO Backgrounds - Screen Rant - May 15th, 2020
- Aarogya Setu data only shared with government officials directly involved in COVID-19 interventions - Times Now - May 15th, 2020
- Beat Ways To Learn PLC Programming With The Help Of PLC Training - NewsPatrolling - May 15th, 2020
- Upload Satirizes a Capitalist Heaven - The Atlantic - May 11th, 2020
- Endpoint Security: The New Frontier - Security Today - May 11th, 2020
- Covidsafe app: how to download Australias coronavirus contact tracing app, how it works, what it does and problems - The Guardian - May 11th, 2020
- Why Entrepreneurs Should Choose Insights Over Instincts - The Advocate - May 10th, 2020
- 5 ways to replace stadium atmospheres as football goes behind closed doors - Paddy Power News - May 10th, 2020
- 'I Am Doing My Best' - Teaching Math During the School Closure Crisis - Education Week - May 10th, 2020
- View: The price of Covid freedom may be eternal spying - ETTelecom.com - May 10th, 2020
- How to rent a property during the circuit breaker: Tips for landlords - AsiaOne - May 10th, 2020
- Why Entrepreneurs Should Choose Insights Over Instincts - Entrepreneur - May 9th, 2020
- Free cloud storage: Which providers offer the most space - Android Authority - May 9th, 2020
- The immortalist: Uploading the mind to a computer - BBC News - May 3rd, 2020
- Enid High School seeing adjustment in wake of coronavirus - Enid News & Eagle - May 3rd, 2020
- 5 Traps That Will Kill Online Learning (and Strategies to Avoid Them) - EdSurge - May 3rd, 2020
- How to Be a Good Neighbor Now - The New York Times - May 3rd, 2020
- From Hannah Gadsby's Douglas to The Great: what's new to streaming in Australia in May - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- That Blessed 'Parks And Rec' Reunion Just Aired So Here's A TL;DR Of Everything That Happened - Pedestrian TV - May 3rd, 2020
- Lockdown in Mind, UGC Committee Recommends Starting Admission Process from August 1 - News18 - May 3rd, 2020
- I Lost My Casual Job & It Ended Up Being The Best Thing That Ever Happened For My Career - Pedestrian TV - May 3rd, 2020
- 10 Amazing Tips to Get the Best out of TikTok Mobile App - Dignited - May 3rd, 2020
- Why Our Minds Can't Really Be Uploaded to Computers - Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence - April 26th, 2020
- How to edit the caption on a TikTok by reposting it - Business Insider - Business Insider - April 26th, 2020
- The best broadband deals in April 2020 - The Sun - April 26th, 2020
- Everything You Need to Know About Your Smartphone's New COVID-19 Tracker - University of Virginia - April 26th, 2020
- The University of Utah library wants you! to share coronavirus history being made at your house - Salt Lake Tribune - April 26th, 2020
- Fear Over The Job Market Prompted Thousands Of People To Upload Their Rsums Online - Forbes - March 31st, 2020
- This Is How You Actually Make Money on YouTube - Yahoo Finance - March 31st, 2020
- New to Zoom? Here are tips and tricks to make you a pro user - FOX40 - March 31st, 2020
- Meet the artist whose upload is one of our 2020 favourites (so far) - ABC News - March 31st, 2020
- How to Make a Bit of Extra Cash From Your Living Room - OZY - March 31st, 2020
- Shufti Pro donates free ID and biometric face verification to coronavirus frontline organizations - Biometric Update - March 31st, 2020
- 'The dancefloor is a religious experience': the unselfconscious retro joy of the home dance workout - The Guardian - March 31st, 2020
- Half-Life: Alyx Is The Highest Rated PC Game So Far In 2020, According to Metacritic - UploadVR - March 31st, 2020
- The consumers guide to internet speed - Flux Magazine - March 31st, 2020
- Modsy Interior Design Review - The Pros, Cons, and Cost of Modsy - GoodHousekeeping.com - March 31st, 2020
- Westworld: Who Is the Charlotte Hale Host? - Collider.com - March 31st, 2020
- Schools embrace remote learning to beat Covid-19 disruption - Small Business - March 31st, 2020
- Can you see someone's profile picture if they have blocked you on WhatsApp? Here's what you need to know - Times Now - March 31st, 2020
- How the FE sector is adapting to the coronavirus crisis - FE Week - March 31st, 2020
- Valve Talks Half-Life: Alyxs Big Ending: You Could Say The Team Is Issuing A Challenge - UploadVR - March 26th, 2020
- How fast does your internet need to be to survive quarantine life? - Mashable - March 26th, 2020
- How Long Do You Want to Live? This Technology Could Potentially Help People Live Forever - Interesting Engineering - March 26th, 2020
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Jean-Luc Picard may upload his mind to a synthesized being, bringing the show full circle - MEAWW - March 26th, 2020
- Coronavirus making you work from home? We tried these 6 free apps to break the monotony - YourStory - March 26th, 2020
- 2AM's Jo Kwon Talks About How Musicals With EXO's Xiumin, Yoon Ji Sung, And More Helped Him During Military Service + His Future Plans - soompi - March 26th, 2020
- Meet the GIF Makers Who Craft Art out of Pinpoint Gameplay - EGMNOW - March 26th, 2020
- The Best Ways to Virtually Stay in Touch During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Training.com.au - March 26th, 2020
- Why Networking is So Important in the Legal Industry - Legal Reader - March 26th, 2020
- Grammarly vs Ginger: Which Is the Best Grammar Checker - Guiding Tech - March 26th, 2020
- How COVID-19 is highlighting the need for Canada to embrace digital signatures - BetaKit - March 26th, 2020