It's the most wonderful Sunday of the year, the creme de la creme of football Sunday's where we eat and drink all night and watchclosely to see who will be SuperBowl champions.
While many watch the NFL's championship game, whether or not their team is playing on Sunday, many will be rolling the dice and placing some bets.
The American Gaming Association estimates that 26-million Americans will place some wagers on SuperBowl LIV which is 3-million more than last year and a 15-percent increase overall.
The AGA also estimates that Americans will wager approximately $6.8 billion on the game between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers.
Here are some findings fromthe AGA survey, which was conducted by Morning Consult:
With 14 operational markets and another seven close behind, Americans have never before had so many opportunities to wager on the Super Bowl in a safe and legal manner, and clearly, they are getting in on the action, Bill Miller, president and CEO of the American Gaming Association said in a statement. With increased visitation to legal sportsbooks, we are successfully drawing bettors away from the predatory illegal market.
Miller said that viewership for NFL games rosefive percentin 2019, up another five points from2018.
He points to other AGA research which found that75 percent of NFL bettorssay they are more likely to watch a game they have bet on, and sports bettors aremore interested in the NFLthan any other professional sports league.
I have absolute confidence that Americans didnt start betting on sports when the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act was overturned, continued Miller. What makes this years Super Bowl remarkable is that more fans than ever before will have the reassurance that the integrity of their bets on the big game will be preserved. The continued expansion of legal sports bettingto the detriment of the illegal markettruly benefits all stakeholders, from enhanced fan engagement for teams to added tax revenue for state and local economies.
While betting and winning can bring you joy and lots of money, you should know your financial limits and keep yourself and family in mind when making these gambling decisions.
Meanwhile Neva Pryor, the Executive Director of theCouncil on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey, is cautioning football fanatics to not go overboard when placing bets before or on game-day.
"The media frenzy can entice problem gamblers to place bets on point spreads, coin tosses, quarter and halftime scores, and even the length of the song that will be sung during the halftime show," Pryor said in a statement. "Enormous amounts of legal betting will occur, along with office-box pools, offshore sports books operating internet gambling sites, and of course, street-corner bookies eager for some action."
Pryor says that problem gamblers often see SuperBowl Sundayas a chance to win back the losses they have suffered during the NFL's regular season.
"New gamblers often get caught up in wagering on the game as well. Often, family members will experience emotional and/or physical abuse during or after the game, as so much is riding on the outcome of wagers," Pryor said.
In addition, she said that alcohol consumption can be a recipe for trouble as it can fuel the emotions and behavior of the problem gambler while they're watching the game.
"The Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey will receive an enormous amount of 800-GAMBLER hotline calls from problem and disordered gamblers and loved ones of those who struggle," Pryor said. "Serious financial losses are often the norm for the problem gambler; the problem gamblers family is often left with financial devastation, much anger, and feelings of helplessness and despair."
Here are some helpful tips from the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey for Problem Gamblers and Families on the day of the Big Game:
"At 800-GAMBLER, we help problem gamblers and their families in three very profound ways by offering Support, Treatment, and Hope," Pryor said. "Weve helped to change the lives of many and are always a phone call or click away."
More Jersey Shore Sports:
Go here to read the rest:
- Superhot Dev Continuing To Experiment With VR, But New Game Skips Support - UploadVR - July 14th, 2020
- 'Upload' Season 2: Release date, plot, cast and all you need to know about the Amazon Prime show - MEAWW - July 14th, 2020
- These are all the ways you have to upload music to YouTube Music - InTallaght - July 14th, 2020
- How to go live on YouTube using computer: Step-by-step guide - India Today - July 14th, 2020
- John Whittet dedicated to excellence in community coaching - BayToday - July 14th, 2020
- Mind uploading - Wikipedia - July 13th, 2020
- Mind uploading in fiction - Wikipedia - July 13th, 2020
- The immortalist: Uploading the mind to a computer - BBC News - July 13th, 2020
- Will We Ever Be Able to Upload a Mind to a New Body? - July 13th, 2020
- The Singularity Is Near: Mind Uploading by 2045? | Live ... - July 13th, 2020
- The Grand Agenda: Digitalization of Courts - Daily Times - July 13th, 2020
- Readers Comments: The Jayaraj-Bennix case is more than just a South Indian issue - Scroll.in - July 13th, 2020
- Improve Your Remote Work Productivity With These Eight Utilities - Star of Mysore - July 13th, 2020
- In person or in spirit: Local churches offer different approaches to VBS during COVID-19 - The Republic - July 11th, 2020
- ISC Result 2020 Released at cisce.org and results.cisce.org: How to Check CISCE Results Online, via SMS - News18 - July 10th, 2020
- Adapting Sword Art Onlines massive world into a JRPG - PlayStation.Blog - July 10th, 2020
- Mind uploading | Transhumanism Wiki | Fandom - June 30th, 2020
- Mind Uploading - June 30th, 2020
- Tati Westbrook claims Shane Dawson offered to edit her 2019 video that set off a YouTube beauty war - Insider - INSIDER - June 30th, 2020
- Innovative device to remotely monitor student-athletes amid the pandemic - University of Miami - June 30th, 2020
- CamScanner banned in India: 5 alternative apps you can use - The Indian Express - June 30th, 2020
- How to get started with TikTok - The Verge - June 30th, 2020
- MTN has launched its 5G offering in South Africa here's what you need to know - Stuff Magazines - June 30th, 2020
- What happens if your mind lives for ever on the internet ... - May 26th, 2020
- Mind uploading - RationalWiki - May 26th, 2020
- The Office Creator Greg Daniels on Returning to the Funny TV Business With Space Force and Upload - Variety - May 26th, 2020
- Soona, The Virtual Photoshoot Company Youve Been Dreaming About - Forbes - May 26th, 2020
- Forget Zombies: Its Humans That Make The Walking Dead VR Truly Memorable - UploadVR - May 26th, 2020
- OnePlus 8 Pro: 5 reasons to pick up this fully formed Android [Video] - 9to5Google - May 26th, 2020
- 'The 100': Who Did the Dark Commander Kill? - Heavy.com - May 26th, 2020
- "Rolling - 3,2,1: A take on the Australian Media Industry" - Kalkine Media - May 26th, 2020
- Will We Ever Be Able to Upload Our Brains? - ComputerShopper.com - May 15th, 2020
- AP test-takers report problems submitting online exams, fear they'll have to retake - NBC News - May 15th, 2020
- Instagram Officially Launches Option to Share Instagram Live Broadcasts to IGTV - Social Media Today - May 15th, 2020
- 15 TV shows and hidden gems that might be under your radar - from Netflix's Midnight Gospel to Amazon's Upload - Yahoo News - May 15th, 2020
- Broadband jargon buster - learn the internet lingo before you buy - TechRadar - May 15th, 2020
- You will be seeing a lot of Qualcomm SD768G 5G phones soon - GadgetGuy - May 15th, 2020
- Four things that may delay PF advance - Livemint - May 15th, 2020
- Covidsafe app: how Australias coronavirus contact tracing app works, what it does, downloads and problems - The Guardian - May 15th, 2020
- Our forthcoming shows will be dedicated to the memory of those who have lost their lives Aysha Rau, The Little Theatre, Chennai - Indulgexpress - May 15th, 2020
- How to tell how fast your internet speed is using a free and accurate speed test - Business Insider - Business Insider - May 15th, 2020
- Add Game Of Thrones & Westworld To Your Zoom Calls With HBO Backgrounds - Screen Rant - May 15th, 2020
- Aarogya Setu data only shared with government officials directly involved in COVID-19 interventions - Times Now - May 15th, 2020
- Beat Ways To Learn PLC Programming With The Help Of PLC Training - NewsPatrolling - May 15th, 2020
- Upload Satirizes a Capitalist Heaven - The Atlantic - May 11th, 2020
- Endpoint Security: The New Frontier - Security Today - May 11th, 2020
- Covidsafe app: how to download Australias coronavirus contact tracing app, how it works, what it does and problems - The Guardian - May 11th, 2020
- Why Entrepreneurs Should Choose Insights Over Instincts - The Advocate - May 10th, 2020
- 5 ways to replace stadium atmospheres as football goes behind closed doors - Paddy Power News - May 10th, 2020
- 'I Am Doing My Best' - Teaching Math During the School Closure Crisis - Education Week - May 10th, 2020
- View: The price of Covid freedom may be eternal spying - ETTelecom.com - May 10th, 2020
- How to rent a property during the circuit breaker: Tips for landlords - AsiaOne - May 10th, 2020
- Why Entrepreneurs Should Choose Insights Over Instincts - Entrepreneur - May 9th, 2020
- Free cloud storage: Which providers offer the most space - Android Authority - May 9th, 2020
- Enid High School seeing adjustment in wake of coronavirus - Enid News & Eagle - May 3rd, 2020
- Here's How Coronavirus Has Impacted Aussie Drug Habits & How Dealers Are Making It Work - Pedestrian TV - May 3rd, 2020
- 5 Traps That Will Kill Online Learning (and Strategies to Avoid Them) - EdSurge - May 3rd, 2020
- How to Be a Good Neighbor Now - The New York Times - May 3rd, 2020
- From Hannah Gadsby's Douglas to The Great: what's new to streaming in Australia in May - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- That Blessed 'Parks And Rec' Reunion Just Aired So Here's A TL;DR Of Everything That Happened - Pedestrian TV - May 3rd, 2020
- Lockdown in Mind, UGC Committee Recommends Starting Admission Process from August 1 - News18 - May 3rd, 2020
- I Lost My Casual Job & It Ended Up Being The Best Thing That Ever Happened For My Career - Pedestrian TV - May 3rd, 2020
- 10 Amazing Tips to Get the Best out of TikTok Mobile App - Dignited - May 3rd, 2020
- Why Our Minds Can't Really Be Uploaded to Computers - Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence - April 26th, 2020
- How to edit the caption on a TikTok by reposting it - Business Insider - Business Insider - April 26th, 2020
- The best broadband deals in April 2020 - The Sun - April 26th, 2020
- Everything You Need to Know About Your Smartphone's New COVID-19 Tracker - University of Virginia - April 26th, 2020
- The University of Utah library wants you! to share coronavirus history being made at your house - Salt Lake Tribune - April 26th, 2020
- Fear Over The Job Market Prompted Thousands Of People To Upload Their Rsums Online - Forbes - March 31st, 2020
- This Is How You Actually Make Money on YouTube - Yahoo Finance - March 31st, 2020
- New to Zoom? Here are tips and tricks to make you a pro user - FOX40 - March 31st, 2020
- Meet the artist whose upload is one of our 2020 favourites (so far) - ABC News - March 31st, 2020
- How to Make a Bit of Extra Cash From Your Living Room - OZY - March 31st, 2020
- Shufti Pro donates free ID and biometric face verification to coronavirus frontline organizations - Biometric Update - March 31st, 2020
- 'The dancefloor is a religious experience': the unselfconscious retro joy of the home dance workout - The Guardian - March 31st, 2020
- Half-Life: Alyx Is The Highest Rated PC Game So Far In 2020, According to Metacritic - UploadVR - March 31st, 2020
- The consumers guide to internet speed - Flux Magazine - March 31st, 2020
- Modsy Interior Design Review - The Pros, Cons, and Cost of Modsy - GoodHousekeeping.com - March 31st, 2020
- Westworld: Who Is the Charlotte Hale Host? - Collider.com - March 31st, 2020
- Schools embrace remote learning to beat Covid-19 disruption - Small Business - March 31st, 2020