MADRID, SPAIN MAY 17: Jennifer Gates and Nayel Nassar during Madrid-Longines Champions, the International Global Champions Tour at Club de Campo Villa de Madrid on May 17, 2019 in Madrid, Spain. (Photo by Samuel de Roman/Getty Images)
(CNN) Bill Gates daughter Jennifer Gates has announced her engagement.
The Microsoft founders eldest child shared a photo on her Instagram account Wednesday revealing that she had accepted the proposal of Nayel Nassar.
Nassar, 28, is a professional equestrian with the Paris Panthers, the team that Jennifer Gates manages and also rides for. Born in Chicago, he competes under the flag of his parents homeland, Egypt, and he helped that nation qualify for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Both Gates and Nassar attended Stanford University. She graduated in 2018, he in 2013.
Nayel Nassar, you are one of a kind. Absolutely swept me off my feet this past weekend, surprising me in the most meaningful location over one of our many shared passions, Gates, 23, wrote alongside a photo of the pair sitting on snow.
She added that she cant wait to spend the rest of our lives learning, growing, laughing and loving together.
Gates told CNNs EQ equestrian show last year: Horses are just one part of our life, but we love the sport.
Hes a professional, and I do this as an amateur. So, to be able to share our love and passion for horses with each other is just incredible.
In an interview last summer with CNN Sports, Gates said she will go on to medical school after taking some time off for the equestrian tour.
Gates said she planned to attend the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City. The New York Post reported that her parents bought a $5 million condo on Fifth Avenue adjacent to the campus.
In October, Nassar helped Egypt qualify for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games by winning the CSIO4*-W Nations Cup of Rabat. The feat led to the countrys first Olympic qualification for the sport in 60 years.
Nassar also posted two other photos of the wintry proposal on his own Instagram account Wednesday, writing: SHE SAID YES!!
Im feeling like the luckiest (and happiest) man in the world right about now, he captioned his pictures with his wife-to-be.
Jenn, you are everything I could have possibly imagined and so much more. I cant wait to keep growing together through this journey called life, and I simply cant imagine mine without you anymore.
While Bill Gates has yet to release a statement on his daughters pending nuptials, his wife, Melinda, shared their daughters post on her Instagram story and said she is thrilled for the couple.
Bill and Melinda Gates have two other children: Rory, 20, attends the University of Chicago, and Phoebe, 17, is a high school junior with an interest in dance.
The-CNN-Wire & 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Read the original post:
- I Couldnt Do Anything: The Virus and an E.R. Doctors Suicide - The New York Times - July 11th, 2020
- UND continues to lead the nation in American Indian physicians - Grand Forks Herald - July 11th, 2020
- Summit Pacific Opens Family Medicine Clinic for Graduates to Complete their Residency and Provide Exceptional Care - GraysHarborTalk - July 11th, 2020
- Class of 2020 Outcomes: Emily Hahn Navigates to Nursing - High Point University - July 11th, 2020
- An 80-year-old doctor and longevity expert shares his 5 habits for a longer life: 'It's never too late to start' - CNBC - July 11th, 2020
- USC to Allow International Students to Take Free In-Person Class to Keep Visa - California Globe - July 11th, 2020
- Expert warns the US is approaching 'one of the most unstable times in the history of our country' - CNN - July 11th, 2020
- List of medical schools in the United States - Wikipedia - July 11th, 2020
- What to Expect in Medical School - AAMC for Students ... - July 11th, 2020
- Medical group cited by Trump denounces school funding threat - Sumter Item - July 11th, 2020
- Doctors in the House: History of Medical Interns and Residents at Michigan Medicine - Michigan Medicine - July 11th, 2020
- LaShyra Nolen is pushing for change within Harvard Medical School. Heres what she wants you to know. - Boston.com - July 11th, 2020
- How much can you save by staying in-state for medical school? - American Medical Association - July 5th, 2020
- All UC Schools of Medicine to interview applicants virtually - University of California - July 5th, 2020
- I Went Through Medical School For A Career I Loved And Put It To The Back Burner For My Kids - Yahoo Lifestyle - July 5th, 2020
- Let COVID spark a new drive to expand medical education - ModernHealthcare.com - July 5th, 2020
- Applying to residency? The Residency Explorer tool can help - AAMC - July 5th, 2020
- Here's Why Defunding the Police Can Change Medical Care for the Better - Pager Publications, Inc. - July 5th, 2020
- How Well Trained Is the Class of COVID-19? - Medscape - July 5th, 2020
- How Houston med students are helping doctors through the pandemic - Houston Chronicle - July 5th, 2020
- Medical Schools Taken To Task Over Racism, Hazing And Other Abuse : Shots - Health News - NPR - June 22nd, 2020
- The pandemic has disrupted medical school admissions. I urge you to apply anyway - AAMC - June 22nd, 2020
- [Special] 'Korea will be short of doctors even with more medical school admissions' - Korea Biomedical Review - June 22nd, 2020
- School of Medicine and Health Sciences to form anti-racism coalition - GW Hatchet - June 22nd, 2020
- There's a pandemic and a physician shortage. In Michigan, more people are applying to med school - Lansing State Journal - June 22nd, 2020
- Medical school apologizes for 'I can't breathe' question on cardiovascular quiz: 'insensitive and upsetting' - The College Fix - June 22nd, 2020
- Med school final exam plagued with technical issues after moving online due to COVID-19 - CBC.ca - June 22nd, 2020
- Board of Governors recognizes two medical students with Warrior Unsung Hero Award - The South End - June 22nd, 2020
- Around Town: North Canton woman reaches her medical goal - Canton Repository - June 22nd, 2020
- Rowan University adopts test-optional admissions policy for 2021 - Rowan Today - June 22nd, 2020
- Medical school appoints new wellness lead to help doctors in training - The Sudbury Star - June 22nd, 2020
- Dr. Hopson left lasting legacy on Vicksburg and Warren County - The Vicksburg Post - Vicksburg Post - June 22nd, 2020
- Family announces the death of beloved Dr. Hopson - The Vicksburg Post - Vicksburg Post - June 22nd, 2020
- Thinking outside the box - UCI News - June 22nd, 2020
- Coronavirus Coverage and the Silencing of Female Expertise - Undark Magazine - June 22nd, 2020
- What to Know About Applying to Medical School as a Nontraditional - Michigan Medicine - June 21st, 2020
- Pride doesn't really belong in medicine - News from southeastern Connecticut - theday.com - June 21st, 2020
- Stop Killing our Patients: Pandemic, Protest and the Outcry for Justice - Seton Hall University News & Events - June 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus deadly to those over 80, but many are surviving - PennLive - June 21st, 2020
- Meet PAISD's health science instructors, using decades of experience for new generation - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News - June 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus Live News and Updates - The New York Times - June 21st, 2020
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical School - June 9th, 2020
- This mother-daughter duo fulfilled their goal of graduating med school together - The Week Magazine - June 9th, 2020
- Founding dean of WMU medical school set to retire - mlive.com - June 9th, 2020
- What to Expect in Medical School | The Princeton Review - June 9th, 2020
- Black mother-daughter duo start their medical careers together - TODAY - June 9th, 2020
- Dr. Mary Mason Talks Little Medical School on the 'Power Kid Podcast' - The Toy Book - June 9th, 2020
- Mother and daughter graduate medical school together and get matched at same hospital - FOX 13 Tampa Bay - June 9th, 2020
- The MCAT should be optional (opinion) - Inside Higher Ed - June 9th, 2020
- Ballad Health to collaborate with Harvard Medical School and ETSU on rural health research - Therogersvillereview - June 9th, 2020
- Michigan Medicine Ranked No. 5 Hospital in the US, No. 15 in the world by Newsweek - University of Michigan Health System News - June 9th, 2020
- COVID-19 Puts EMS Fellows to the Test at N.C. EOC - EMSWorld - June 9th, 2020
- Professors, Parenting Expert Share How to Talk to Children About Racism in Live Chat Wednesday - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth - June 9th, 2020
- Local medical and nursing school graduates prepare to enter the front lines during the pandemic - Los Angeles Times - June 9th, 2020
- Providing health care to tribal communities in the face of COVID-19 - UMN News - June 9th, 2020
- Mount Sinai Health System Appoints Kristin Myers, MPH, as Executive Vice President, Chief Information Officer, and Dean for Information Technology -... - June 9th, 2020
- Din College researchers believe more reasons behind high Covid-19 Cases on Navajo - Navajo-Hopi Observer - June 9th, 2020
- Planning to go to Medical School? Join the Great Lakes Applicant Workshop - University of Wisconsin-Madison - May 24th, 2020
- Mother-Daughter Duo Become First To Graduate From Medical School At The Same Time And Match At The Same Hospital - Because of Them We Can - May 24th, 2020
- Its the American dream: Law school and medical school grads visit their grandpa at La Crescenta nursing home in emotional reunion amid pandemic - KTLA... - May 24th, 2020
- Answering the Call: Med school grads plan to practice in the Valley - Brownsville Herald - May 24th, 2020
- Business Observer for the week of May 24 - Asheboro Courier Tribune - May 24th, 2020
- Grad Profile: Med School valedictorian reflects on L.A. filmmaking past and a new future in medicine - Dal News - May 24th, 2020
- Chicago family holds backyard graduation for their medical student daughter and her friend - FOX 32 Chicago - May 24th, 2020
- What Do Trump And Yale Medical School Have In Common? Both Were Duped About A COVID-19 Treatment - Forbes - May 19th, 2020
- From Medical School To Fighting COVID-19 On The Front Lines At Bellevue Hospital - NPR - May 19th, 2020
- Hartselle grad follows dream from pitcher's mound to medical school - The Hartselle Enquirer - Hartselle Enquirer - May 19th, 2020
- Medicine in Motion - Harvard Medical School - May 19th, 2020
- COVID-19 is in our sewage. Duluth medical school researchers say that could be useful - Duluth News Tribune - May 19th, 2020
- COVID-19 means a shorter MCAT: What aspiring med students must know - American Medical Association - May 19th, 2020
- UT Health Austin and Dell Medical School looking for volunteers interested in helping with COVID-19 contact tracing - KVUE.com - May 19th, 2020
- Doctors In Training Learn Hard Lessons During The Pandemic - NPR - May 19th, 2020
- Harvard Medical School Professor Burton 'Bud' Rose, the 'Steve Jobs of Medicine,' Dies at 77 | News - Harvard Crimson - May 19th, 2020
- Ode to Burton 'Bud' Rose, MD - Renal and Urology News - May 19th, 2020
- Wisconsin medical students are graduating onto the front lines of coronavirus - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - May 19th, 2020
- Using the power of peer support to positively impact medicine - American Medical Association - May 19th, 2020
- Global study to test malaria drug to protect health workers from COVID-19 - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - May 19th, 2020
- Sarah Peyre named dean of Warner School - University of Rochester - May 19th, 2020
- TTUHSC named most affordable medical school in the country - KLBK | KAMC | EverythingLubbock.com - April 26th, 2020
- Shortened MCAT exams, extended AMCAS deadlines: How the pandemic has upended medical school admissions - AAMC - April 26th, 2020