KIHA Bonney grew up dreaming of a wedding at her childhood holiday spot, Great Keppel Island.
Fast forward to September 14, 2019 her dream came true - with a twist.
Kiha and her husband-to-be Dave Cowhan, were married on-board the Freedom Fast Cats boat, the Freedom Sovereign.
The couple said 'I do' in the middle of the ocean.
Kiha grew up visiting the island and her parents bought the old Rainbow Hut, renaming it Tropical Vibes, and moved to the island permanently a few years ago.
The wedding party on the Freedom Fast Cats glass bottom boat which was used to take them to get bridal photos.
Dave proposed to Kiha on holidays in Europe. He popped the question in Santorini, Greece, where Kiha's grandfather was from.
When they began planning the wedding, Kiha knew what she wanted.
"I always imagined if I was to get married it would be over on Great Keppel Island," she said.
The wedding was Kiha's childhood dream come true.
She wanted to do something different and came up with the idea of the getting married on the boat and when she contacted Freedom Fast Cats, they were really enthusiastic.
The girls got ready at Kiha's parents house and the boys next door.
The bridal party Mel Wright, Jess Roth, Bree Close, Courtney Taylor and Lucy Doxanakis with bride Kiha Cowhan.
Guests were picked up from the marina in Freedom Sovereign and those already on the island were taken on the glass bottom boat out to big boat.
The bridal party snuck on the boat and hide in the wheelhouse until it was time.
Kiha Cowhan with captain Max Allen of Freedom Fast Cats. The bridal party hide in the wheelhouse until the ceremony began when they docked at Long Beach.
The day turned out to be perfect with three to five knots and the wind blowing northerly, making their preferred location of Long Beach the best spot to anchor and the couple said their vows, amid the Keppel seas in front of 150 guests on the boat.
The married couple, Kiha and Dave Cowhan on the new boardwalk between Monkey Beach and Long Beach.
Long Beach had always been Kiha's favourite spot on the island, as it is private and you get to have it all to yourself.
The couple were also the first bride and groom to walk down the new boardwalk.
Reception party at Kiha's parent's business, Tropical Vibes on Great Keppel Island.
Dave moved to Rockhampton a few years ago to play for the CQ Capras.
Coming from country NSW, a wedding on a boat was quite different for his family but luckily it was all smooth sailing.
"I think it sounded crazy but when they saw the Sovreign it worked," Kiha said.
Dave and Kiha Cowhan were married on the seas around Kiha's dream location, Great Keppel Island.
"Being such an outdoor ceremony, weather was a concern and we didn't have a back-up plan, just faith it would work.
"Over there you are lucky you can always find a beach that is protected," she said.
"September, just from experience, is always known to be a beautiful time of year."
- THE HIGH SEAS: Brunswick looks bounce back and send seniors off on high note - Brunswick News - November 1st, 2019
- This Cruise Line Sails 5-Star Luxury Hotels On The High Seas. I Had To Find Out More. - Forbes - November 1st, 2019
- Opinion | Another auto merger across the high seas - Livemint - November 1st, 2019
- What's Leaving Netflix in November 2019? All the Movies and Shows on Last Call List - Newsweek - November 1st, 2019
- Highland cadets witness life on the high seas on UK's newest aircraft carrier - Press and Journal - November 1st, 2019
- These are the cities that will drown first as the seas rise - Salon - November 1st, 2019
- Ghost Nets Haunt the World's Oceans, Hunting Beyond the Grave - Atlas Obscura - November 1st, 2019
- The Below Deck Crew Will Spill All the High-Seas Secrets in the Season 7 After Show - Bravo - November 1st, 2019
- Storm surge, flooding caused by freak weather conditions - HeraldLIVE - November 1st, 2019
- Long: The tragedy in Britain wasn't unique - Roanoke Times - November 1st, 2019
- Rising Seas Are Going to Drown Way More Cities Than Wed Thought: Study - New York Magazine - November 1st, 2019
- New charges announced in conspiracy to bring massive amounts of cocaine into US, central Ohio - 10TV - November 1st, 2019
- Cities to be erased by 2050: Rising seas could affect three times more people - NEWS.com.au - November 1st, 2019
- 19 tons of cocaine and cannabis worth $380MILLION seized off Florida making massive dent in Colombian drug - The Sun - November 1st, 2019
- High winds expected for most of Friday, especially along the coast - Bangor Daily News - November 1st, 2019
- Let's Send the U.S. Navy's 'Stealthy' Destroyer Back in Time to Fight a World War II Battle - The National Interest Online - November 1st, 2019
- Ecuador: A Cocaine Superhighway to the US and Europe - Insightcrime.org - November 1st, 2019
- Rising seas will erase more cities by 2050, including Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Mumbai, new research shows - The Straits Times - November 1st, 2019
- Tens of Millions Could Be Hit by Sea Level Rise Sooner Than Thought, New Study Suggests - The Weather Channel - November 1st, 2019
- The ice used to protect them. Now their island is crumbling into the sea. - msnNOW - November 1st, 2019
- Chef Curtis Stone takes fine dining to the high seas with Princess Cruises - 7NEWS - October 24th, 2019
- Chocolate-themed cruise to become Willy Wonka factory on the high seas - INQUIRER.net - October 24th, 2019
- What The Truck?!? [podcast] Piracy on the high seas, drone deliveries, cybersecurity, and strikes - FreightWaves - October 24th, 2019
- Get Ready To Set Sail at Online Casinos On the High Seas and Join Peter Pan in LOST BOYS LOOT - Tunf.com News - October 24th, 2019
- Oldsmar wants to spend $125,000 on a climate assessment. Heres what that means. - Tampa Bay Times - October 24th, 2019
- 80 years ago a Connecticut inventor patented an icon of prepdom: the boat shoe. - Connecticut Magazine - October 24th, 2019
- Britain was built on the backs of slaves. A memorial is the least they deserve - The Guardian - October 24th, 2019
- Tony Winner Brian Stokes Mitchell Will Host 11th Annual Broadway Salutes - Playbill.com - October 24th, 2019
- Best Shots Advance Review: MARAUDERS #1 'Shows What It's Like to Live in that Weird, Crazy World' - Newsarama - October 24th, 2019
- This Fisherman Wants Us To Use The Oceans To Fight Climate Change - HuffPost - October 24th, 2019
- The Rise of Skywalker trailer five things we learned - The Guardian - October 24th, 2019
- JMA warns of landslides, high waves as Typhoon Bualoi strikes islands south of Tokyo - The Mainichi - October 24th, 2019
- How America Learned How to Hunt and Kill Submarines (Thank World War I) - The National Interest Online - October 24th, 2019
- SSN(X) Will Be the U.S. Navy's New Attack Submarine: Here's How to Make it A Success - The National Interest Online - October 24th, 2019
- Cruises: New cruise ship could help beat seasickness with this clever feature - Express - October 24th, 2019
- The high-tech wetsuit that we don't want - SurferToday - October 24th, 2019
- The Navy's Plan For Ruling The Seas Are Straight Out Of the History Books - The National Interest Online - October 24th, 2019
- 'High-Seas' Season 2 On Netflix? But When? Release Date Updates And Other Latest News - The Digital Wise - September 19th, 2019
- Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day With These Shows - Playbill.com - September 19th, 2019
- High seas fishery patrol completed - Scoop.co.nz - September 19th, 2019
- Who owns the sea? - New Internationalist - September 19th, 2019
- Best of Orange County 2019: Best grocery store - OCRegister - September 19th, 2019
- Man stranded on Northern Michigan pier by high waves, rescued by Coast Guard - MLive.com - September 19th, 2019
- I've become the worst kind of Sea of Thieves pirate: the outpost ambusher - PC Gamer - September 19th, 2019
- Conquer the seas in Battlewake Available now on Steam - googame.net - September 19th, 2019
- Where Does All the Plastic Go? - The New Yorker - September 19th, 2019
- Two Months in the Southern Ocean, for Science - State of the Planet - September 19th, 2019
- Jim Caruso's Cast Party With Billy Stritch Returns To Feinstein's At Vitello's - Broadway World - September 19th, 2019
- Storms wreak havoc on fishing tournament schedule - TCPalm - September 19th, 2019
- Journalist John Solomon leaves the Hill to start own media outlet - Washington Examiner - September 19th, 2019
- Call for All States to Enforce Sulfur Cap - The Maritime Executive - September 19th, 2019
- Area Happenings Sept. 19-20. - Jacksonville Daily News - September 19th, 2019
- Fisherman snags alien fish that looks like something straight out of a horror movie - BGR - September 19th, 2019
- You Can Now Be the Proud Owner of a Tech Billionaire's Yacht - Men's Health - September 19th, 2019
- Shailene Woodley joins UF researchers on Greenpeace sea expedition - The Independent Florida Alligator - September 19th, 2019
- The Outlaw Ocean Exposes Crime in International Waters :: Books :: Features :: ian urbina :: Paste - Paste Magazine - September 19th, 2019
- New Italian government lets migrant rescue ship dock after Salvini's departure - CNN - September 19th, 2019
- Foreign Correspondent: What Trump's Missteps on Iran Have Wrought - Progressive.org - September 19th, 2019
- 100 Years Ago Germany's 'Battleship Fleet' Committed Suicide. This Is Why. - Yahoo News - September 19th, 2019
- You can learn to cook on a cruise ship - Los Angeles Times - September 19th, 2019
- South African Sheep Face Nightmare Journey - The Maritime Executive - September 19th, 2019
- Cable Seals Supplier, American Casting and Manufacturing, Lists and Explains the Current Security Seal Standards - Yahoo Finance - September 19th, 2019
- Why is it important to safeguard free access to the seas? Discover the role of a NATO maritime expert - NATO HQ - September 19th, 2019
- Sea Shepherd Conservation Includes Costa Rica in Long-Term Oceans Campaign - The Costa Rica Star - September 19th, 2019
- The US Navy Has a Water Problem - The Nation - September 19th, 2019
- The tiny algae at ground zero of Greenland's melting glaciers | Dan McDougall - The Guardian - September 19th, 2019
- USM Undergraduate Student Conducts Oceanic Research aboard Drilling Ship - Southern Miss Now - September 19th, 2019
- High seas | maritime law | Britannica.com - June 2nd, 2019
- High Seas Rally: Home Top - High Seas Rally Biker ... - * 2019 - June 2nd, 2019
- High Seas Definition - Duhaime.org - June 2nd, 2019
- International waters - Wikipedia - May 3rd, 2019
- High seas | maritime law | Britannica.com - May 3rd, 2019
- Convention on the High Seas - Wikipedia - May 3rd, 2019
- High Seas Motel, Bar Harbor, ME - Booking.com - May 3rd, 2019
- High seas - definition of high seas by The Free Dictionary - May 3rd, 2019
- High Seas Definition - Duhaime.org - May 3rd, 2019
- Convention on the High Seas - Wikipedia - February 27th, 2019
- International waters - Wikipedia - February 27th, 2019
- High seas | maritime law | Britannica.com - February 27th, 2019
- High Seas Trading Co.- Hawaiian shirts | Aloha Shirts ... - February 27th, 2019