Where is Isaias now? Where is the forecasted path?
New Jersey remains in the forecast cone. Options from a graze up the coast to an inland track near the Delaware River are possible. Tropical storm warnings extend from Boston, down the I-95 corridor to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
As of 3 p.m., the National Weather Service Hazards for the Northeast. Tropical storm warnings are in dark red.
It is important to note that the heaviest rain will be to the west of Isaias' center. Meanwhile, the strongest winds will be to the east.
"Isaas" is the Spanish and Portuguese word for the biblical Isaiah. It is pronounced ees-ah-EE-ahs.
Isaias joins Tropical Storm Fay, which made landfall just south of Long Beach Island on July 10, as the two storms put the region in the forecast cone.
The cone represents a two-thirds probability of where the center of the low pressure center is.
The storm will slip through a weakness in a large high pressure system, which expands from the Gulf of Mexico into much of the Atlantic Ocean.
This map shows the steering patterns of the atmosphere between the 300 to 850 millibar level, between about 30,000 and 5,000 feet high. Isaias will slip through the weakness in the clockwise spinning high pressure system off the coast of Florida.
One it reaches Georgia, the steering patterns sharply moves west to east. While the storm won't curve immediately out to sea, there will be a turn to the northeast as it moves north, hence why New Jersey is in the forecast cone.
Forecast model guidance continues to narrow. A landfall will be possible, or can a pass two to three hundred miles out to sea.
The model track guidance for Tropical Storm Iasias, as of 8 a.m. Friday.
There are three options at play. However, it will not be until Saturday when they can be narrowed down. If the storm makes landfall before reaching New Jersey, that will weaken the storm, and vice versa. The first two scenarios are favored, with the third one looking less and less likely.
The European model from Wednesday night is a good representation of what scenario 1 would look like. The center of the storm is well out to sea.
Isaias stays 200 to 300 miles out to sea, passing between late Monday and Tuesday.
Spotty, but heavy, rain bands will pass. Winds would be gusty, but likely would not be enough to bring damage.
The real concerns would be out on the water. Given the full moon Monday and the onshore winds. Multiple rounds of minor or moderate coastal flooding would be likely. High seas would be present, with dangerous rip currents, too. During Tropical Storm Fay, a teenage lost his life in Ventnor while swimming with two friends the evening of the storm. In Ocean City, two 18-year-old girls were brought to shore by city police the following morning.
A heat wave that drives you to the shore, warm water temperature that draws you to the surf
The storm hugs the Jersey Shore. While the western side of the storm is usually the safer side, since the winds around the counter-clockwise spinning system goes against the northerly direction of the storm's movement, worse impacts than option 1 are possible.
Flooding rain, damaging winds at the coast, minor to moderate coastal flooding, dangerous rip currents and high seas will all be likely.
This being said, a track coast to the close would likely mean land interaction with North Carolina. If that happens, the storm would weaken. This could mean the difference between a strong tropical storm and weak, less organized one.
The Global Forecast System, American, model paints this picture. Though, note that the exact track of the storm should not be paid attention to. Rather, note how organized the storm is.
The GFS, American model, paints tropical storm force sustained winds at the shore Tuesday morning. Emergency personnel will not respond to a 9-1-1 call when winds are above tropical storm force.
Isaias makes landfall in Florida or the Southeastern United States and the center of the storm passes to the west of the state. That is illustrated on the western edge of the forecast cone.
The storm would likely be a remnants storm by then, or perhaps a Tropical Depression. However, flooding rains, some coastal flooding, dangerous seas, rip currents and high surf would be likely.
The Canadian weather forecast model from the Thursday night model run. Note the center of the storm is inland and would likely be a remnant storm, or a tropical depression by then.
By then, the storm will be near Florida. In the weakness of the large, Gulf of Mexico to Atlantic Ocean high pressure system, there will be a better idea on how the steering currents will move the storm.
Tropical Storm watches may go up Saturday night or Sunday morning, 48 hours before tropical storm force (39 mph or greater) winds arrive.
The Press of Atlantic City's Hurricane section of the Weather Center has the information you need to know to protect yourself and learn more about tropical systems in South Jersey.
Ten tropical storms and hurricanes have made landfall in South Jersey since 1900. Here's the list, newly updated with Tropical Storm Fay, which made landfall July 10. As long as the storm makes landfall in New Jersey, it will be the first time with two storms making landfall within the same year.
Making landfall on the Delaware Bay side of Cape May County on the morning of August 21, 1971, Doria was responsible for an F-2 tornado, with winds over 100 mph, near Cape May .
According to the Weather Prediction Center, 3 to 7 inches of rain fell in most of the region.
An active 2020 hurricane season was predictedby Colorado State University. With Isaias, 2020 continues its record breaking pace to hurricane season, beating out the historic 2005 year.
- Get To Know The Star of Nickelodeon's New Show 'Santiago of the Seas' Kevin Chacon! - Just Jared Jr. - October 10th, 2020
- The Need for a Network of Marine Protected Areas in the Southern Ocean - The Pew Charitable Trusts - October 10th, 2020
- Japan seeks to boost catch limits of prized bluefin tuna - Thehour.com - October 10th, 2020
- Graham Elders grand adventures led to the publication of a novella - SooToday - October 10th, 2020
- 10 Behind The Scenes Facts About Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Screen Rant - October 10th, 2020
- SECDEF Esper Calls for 500-Ship Fleet by 2045, With 3 SSNs a Year and Light Carriers Supplementing CVNs - USNI News - October 10th, 2020
- Avast! Boss Audio's new weatherproof touchscreen brings CarPlay and Android Auto to boats - The Verge - October 10th, 2020
- Changing dynamics in the SCS and increasing Chinese aggression - Modern Diplomacy - October 10th, 2020
- Africa: Continent Urged to Protect Sea Life - The Streetjournal - October 10th, 2020
- Kevin Chacon Talks Santiago Of The Seas Exclusive Interview - BSCkids - October 10th, 2020
- COVID-19 Leaves Fisheries Observers in the Dark - The Maritime Executive - October 10th, 2020
- Most of My Friendships Were Toxic, But Now Im So Lonely! - The Cut - October 10th, 2020
- Xitler Isnt Going Down Like Hitler; To Stare Him Down, Trade Should Be The Worlds Weapon Of Choice - Swarajya - October 10th, 2020
- Kyndra Sanchez to star in Nickelodeon series Santiago of the Seas - Animation Xpress - October 10th, 2020
- Genting and Royal Caribbean to relaunch Singapore cruise operations - TradeWinds - October 10th, 2020
- Dog saved on the high seas - kdvr.com - September 4th, 2020
- Vault of the Ancients update brings dogs and treasures to Sea of Thieves - PC Invasion - September 4th, 2020
- Piracy in 2020: the trends you need to know - Lexology - September 4th, 2020
- 'We are closer to the other side of this crisis every day' Cruise boss confident of a return to sea - Telegraph.co.uk - September 4th, 2020
- How Chinas Massive Fishing Fleet Is Transforming the Worlds Oceans - Slate - September 4th, 2020
- Apps and after: Chinas growing naval muscle will have to be jointly countered - The Times of India Blog - September 4th, 2020
- The human impact of organized crime in fisheries extends far beyond the ocean - GreenBiz - September 4th, 2020
- The Italian Navy Arrives in World of Warships: Legends - War History Online - September 4th, 2020
- 42 Crew, Nearly 6000 Cows Missing After Ship Sinks In Storm-Tossed Seas Off Japan - NPR - September 4th, 2020
- Can the world unite to combat illegal fishing? - Equal Times - September 4th, 2020
- Ocean Infrastructure Has Basically Created Cities at Sea - Gizmodo - September 4th, 2020
- Urgent action needed for small-scale fishers to withstand the climate crisis says new WWF repor - WWF International - September 4th, 2020
- Reducing inequalities to save the planet - ScienceBlog.com - September 4th, 2020
- Is China Behind a Recent Insurgent Attack in India's Northeast? - The Diplomat - September 4th, 2020
- Alta Mar High Seas Season 4? Is There Any Possibility? - The Buzz Paper - August 10th, 2020
- GAME ON: Drift gently along the high seas with your 'Raft,' your pals and sharks - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - August 10th, 2020
- Alta Mar High Seas Season 3: Release Date, Cast, Plot, Trailer And All New Latest Information Here - World Top Trend - August 10th, 2020
- Alta Mar season 3 cast: Who is in the cast of High Seas? - Express - August 10th, 2020
- High Seas Season 4 Expected Release Date, Cast Info and Every Other Detail - News Lagoon - August 10th, 2020
- Shark Week 2020: How The Pandemic Added To This Years Programming - Forbes - August 10th, 2020
- Oil Leak Stopped from Bulker as Mauritius Prepares for the Worst Case - The Maritime Executive - August 10th, 2020
- What series to watch this weekend on Netflix, HBO and Prime Video: The extraordinary Playlist of Zoey and the High Sea | Entertainment - Explica - August 10th, 2020
- Information sharing with regional partners aims to reel in transnational crime syndicates - Mirage News - August 10th, 2020
- African states are critical in advancing ocean governance - The Patriotic Vanguard - August 10th, 2020
- No end to South China Sea disputes without code of conduct - The Star Online - August 10th, 2020
- Tuesday's weather: Mainly fine and cool, but high seas in Western Cape and fire alerts elsewhere - News24 - August 10th, 2020
- High Seas Season 4 : Will The Spanish Series Return For On Netflix? - Topbuzztrends.com - August 10th, 2020
- 'They just pull up everything!' Chinese fleet raises fears for Galpagos sea life - The Guardian - August 10th, 2020
- High Seas (TV Series 2019 ) - IMDb - August 10th, 2020
- High seas | maritime law | Britannica - August 10th, 2020
- 'High Seas' Netflix Review: Stream It or Skip It? - August 10th, 2020
- High Seas (TV Series 2019 ) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb - August 10th, 2020
- High Seas Trading Co.- Hawaiian shirts | Aloha Shirts ... - August 10th, 2020
- GAME ON: Drift gently along the high seas with your 'Raft,' your pals and sharks - NWAOnline - August 10th, 2020
- Releases of the week on Netflix: High Seas, Slender Man and more - Checkersaga - August 10th, 2020
- The best and most beautiful boating holidays in the UK and Europe this year - iNews - August 10th, 2020
- Maintaining Command of the Sea: Maritime Doctrines of Pakistan and India - Modern Diplomacy - August 10th, 2020
- Alta Mar season 4 Netflix release date: Will there be another series of High Seas? - Express - August 7th, 2020
- To Protect Seabed, Countries Should Thoroughly Review Proposed Mining Projects - The Pew Charitable Trusts - August 7th, 2020
- GTA Online is getting new missions, cars, and races next week - PCGamesN - August 7th, 2020
- Puerto Rico to Repair Pier 3 in San Juan - The Weekly Journal - August 7th, 2020
- The Best Movies and TV Shows New to Netflix, Amazon and Stan in Australia in August - The New York Times - August 7th, 2020
- The US military has options against China | TheHill - The Hill - August 7th, 2020
- Muddying the Waters - Architecture - e-flux - E-Flux - August 7th, 2020
- 'High Seas' Season 3 Review: A murder, a deadly virus and new players put Eva on guard but where is Nicolas? - MEAWW - August 7th, 2020
- Apple's Refreshed 27-Inch iMac Looks to Be a Powerhouse and the End of an Era - Gizmodo UK - August 7th, 2020
- Here's Everything New Coming To Netflix This Week, August 6 - BuzzFeed - August 7th, 2020
- Where are Tropical Weather Forecasts Made? - The Maritime Executive - August 7th, 2020
- Whats new on Netflix in August 2020 all the shows and movies coming soon - RadioTimes - August 7th, 2020
- 'High Seas' Season 3 Preview: Eva and Carolina need to solve the new mystery before it's too late - MEAWW - August 7th, 2020
- 'High Seas' Season 3: Meet Ivana Baquero, Jon Kortajarena and rest of the cast of the Netflix series - MEAWW - August 7th, 2020
- All Aboard! Target Has Ghostly Pirate Ship Cat Scratchers and, Yep, There's a Poop Deck - POPSUGAR - August 6th, 2020
- Windbound Preview - The Most Relaxing Survival Game You'll Play This Year - Twinfinite - August 6th, 2020
- Mahlon Reye Boats on Deadliest Catch: What Boat Was Mahlon Reye On? - The Cinemaholic - August 6th, 2020
- Giants' Judge says sacrifice needed for NFL to have season - Press of Atlantic City - August 6th, 2020
- Friday brings rain, storms, repeat of last week, also watching Iasias - Press of Atlantic City - August 6th, 2020
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Will Never Make It in Hollywood, Expert Claims - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - August 6th, 2020
- Men are rescued after leaving a message on an island - Explica - August 6th, 2020
- Everything Coming To Netflix This Week: August 1st August 9th - Grit Daily - August 3rd, 2020
- Wet pattern continues as two weather systems bring rain to over 25 states - WGRZ.com - August 3rd, 2020
- Rare, million-dollar copies of a letter written by Christopher Columbus replaced with fakes - 60 Minutes - CBS News - August 3rd, 2020
- 7 New Netflix Shows in August 2020, and the Best Reasons to Watch - IndieWire - August 3rd, 2020
- Transformers Join the Battle in World of Warships Game Announced - Tformers.com - August 3rd, 2020
- Great white shark that pinged off Atlantic City, Ocean City leaves South Jersey - Press of Atlantic City - August 3rd, 2020
- Breaking up is hard to do, but sometimes it needs to be done - The Japan Times - August 3rd, 2020