LUBBOCK, Texas On Monday, Covenant Medical Group announced all drive-thru testing for coronavirus would end on April 19. The health organization is reporting an 83 percent decrease in coronavirus testing needs.
At the height of the pandemic, Covenant Health had been administering about 160 tests a day. Now that has decreased to about 27 tests across all drive-thru testing sites.
Dr. Sam Wiley, an attending physician at Covenant Health Plus, said he has noticed the decline.
Were seeing more like four [patients] in a four or five hour period; about one an hour, Wiley said.
He said even fewer tests are coming back with a positive result.
Ive seen one positive in the past I think week and a half, Wiley said.
The physician said they dont have the volume to continue to see patients in the parking lot like they have done for the past year.
The majority of people that need to get tested, need to get tested for things like travel or surgery clearance. Things that arent urgent that you dont require a physician to see, Wiley said.
Testing is down all across the city. According to data from the city of Lubbock, the daily number of patients getting tested has been less than 500. Additionally, for the past five days, the number of positive tests reported in the city has been less than 25 total.
Im not sure I can explain that well but Im glad its down, Wiley said.
Covenant is still accepting walk-in appointments for coronavirus testing.
Below is a list of sites for coronavirus testing:
Covenant Health Plus7601 Quaker Ave.(806) 725-9444Monday Friday 8 a.m. 7 p.m.Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.Sunday 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
Covenant Medical Group Northwest Clinic611 N. Frankford Ave.(806) 725-5480Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Grace Clinic4515 Marsha Sharp Freeway (806) 744-7223Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.Children (18 years and under)
Covenant Childrens Pediatric Urgent Care5202 82nd St.(806) 725-7337Daily: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Covenant Health Family Medical Center1208 N. I-27 (806) 291-5112Monday- Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Edgemere Medical Clinic2606 Yonkers806-291-5120 Monday- Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Covenant Healthcare Center Plainview2222 West 24th Street(806) 293-5113Monday- Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Covenant Health West Texas Family Medicine1806 Quincy Street(806) 288-7891Monday- Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Levelland Clinic1804 S. College Avenue806-894-3141Monday Friday 8 am 12 pm; 1:30 pm 5 pm
Read the original post:
- Experts Baffled by Why NASA’s “Red Crew” Wear Blue Shirts - November 20th, 2022
- Celebrities Are Officially Being Sued by FTX Retail Investors - November 20th, 2022
- NASA Tells Astronauts That Tweeting Isn't As Important as Staying Alive - November 20th, 2022
- "Elon" Plummets in Popularity as a Baby Name for Some Reason - November 20th, 2022
- NASA Drops Stunning New James Webb Image of a Star Being Born - November 20th, 2022
- Ticketmaster May Have Finally Met Its Match: Furious Swifties - November 20th, 2022
- Celebrities' Bored Apes Are Hilariously Worthless Now - November 20th, 2022
- Startup Says It's Building a Giant CO2 Battery in the United States - November 20th, 2022
- FDA Gives First Go Ahead for Lab Grown Meat Product - November 20th, 2022
- Sam Bankman-Fried Admits the "Ethics Stuff" Was "Mostly a Front" - November 20th, 2022
- Elon Musk Locks Twitter Employees Out Office, Then Asks Them to Meet Him on the 10th Floor - November 20th, 2022
- Former Facebook Exec Says Zuckerberg Has Surrounded Himself With Sycophants - November 20th, 2022
- Panicked Elon Musk Reportedly Begging Engineers Not to Leave - November 20th, 2022
- NASA Orders Press Not to Photograph Launch Site After Moon Mission Takes Off - November 20th, 2022
- Twitter Claims Video of Moon Rocket Launch Is Revenge Porn - November 20th, 2022
- So Many People Are Using a Diabetes Drug for Weight Loss That Actual Diabetics Are Having Trouble Getting It - November 20th, 2022
- Experts Excoriate NASA Report Claiming James Webb Wasn't Homophobic - November 20th, 2022
- Behind the Lawsuit Against Celebs Who Shilled FTX Before Its Spectacular Meltdown - November 20th, 2022
- Amazing Map Lets You Scroll Through the Entire Known Universe - November 20th, 2022
- Greta Thunberg Says UN Climate Conference Is a Scam and She's Not Attending - November 4th, 2022
- Manslaughter Case Has a Strange Twist: Tesla That Killed Couple Was on Autopilot - November 4th, 2022
- Twitter Working on Plan to Charge Users to Watch Videos - November 4th, 2022
- NASA Sets Launch Date for Mission to $10 Quintillion Asteroid - November 4th, 2022
- This Deepfake AI Singing Dolly Parton's "Jolene" Is Worryingly Good - November 4th, 2022
- Scientists Use Actual Lunar Soil Sample to Create Rocket Fuel - November 4th, 2022
- There's Something Strange About How These Stars Are Moving, Scientists Say - November 4th, 2022
- Scientists Spot "Stripped, Pulsating Core" of Star Caused By Horrific Accident - November 4th, 2022
- Cats May Be Tampering With Crime Scenes, Scientists Say - November 4th, 2022
- Scientists Found a Way to Control How High Mice Got on Cocaine - November 4th, 2022
- China Plans to Send Monkeys to Space Station to Have Sex With Each Other - November 4th, 2022
- Elon Musk Meeting With Advertisers, Begging Them Not to Leave Twitter - November 4th, 2022
- US Gov to Crack Down on "Bossware" That Spies On Employees' Computers - November 4th, 2022
- AOC Says Her Twitter Account Broke After She Made Fun of Elon Musk - November 4th, 2022
- Chinese Spaceplane Releases Mystery Object Into Orbit - November 4th, 2022
- Jeff Bezos' Housekeeper Says She Had to Climb Out the Window to Use the Bathroom - November 4th, 2022
- Huge Drone Swarm to Form Giant Advertisement Over NYC Skyline - November 4th, 2022
- Hackers Just Took Down One of the World's Most Advanced Telescopes - November 4th, 2022
- That "Research" About How Smartphones Are Causing Deformed Human Bodies Is SEO Spam, You Idiots - November 4th, 2022
- Another Way the Coronavirus Is Outsmarting Us - The Atlantic - August 5th, 2022
- The Origins of Covid-19 Are More Complicated Than Once Thought - WIRED - August 5th, 2022
- Data limitations are making it harder to detect when COVID-19 is surging in Virginia - Virginia Mercury - August 5th, 2022
- Long covid: One in 8 have symptoms months after coronavirus infection - New Scientist - August 5th, 2022
- 8 Facts You Need to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccine & Pregnancy - Healthline - August 5th, 2022
- Coronavirus Today: Experts are taking a softer stance on masking; it's a different pandemic - Los Angeles Times - August 5th, 2022
- BD's base business growth in Q3 offset by drop in COVID-19 testing - MedTech Dive - August 5th, 2022
- 2022-2023 school year: Will coronavirus protocols change? Will there be weekly testing for NYC students? - SILive.com - August 5th, 2022
- 114 coronavirus cases reported in a week in Apache Junction, Gold Canyon area - Daily Independent - August 5th, 2022
- Hawaii Department of Health reports 3,689 new infections, 21 coronavirus-related deaths - Honolulu Star-Advertiser - August 5th, 2022
- Travel to Mexico during Covid-19: What you need to know before you go - The Mercury News - August 5th, 2022
- Libraries Help Educate About COVID-19 Vaccination Ahead of Schoolyear - NBC4 Washington - August 5th, 2022
- Coronavirus - Delaware's Coronavirus Official Website - June 29th, 2022
- Corona Virus Update - Avery County - June 29th, 2022
- COVID-19 mutations spreading in Austin-Travis County, reinfections may be more severe - KXAN.com - June 29th, 2022
- Covid-19: What are the risks of catching the virus multiple times? - New Scientist - June 29th, 2022
- The Omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 have together become dominant in the U.S., the C.D.C. estimates. - The New York Times - June 29th, 2022
- 'Better vaccines' needed to cover COVID variants, infectious disease experts say - KSTP - June 29th, 2022
- Coronavirus cases on the rise once again - KAMR - MyHighPlains.com - June 29th, 2022
- The 5 Most Dangerous Spots You Can Catch Coronavirus Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 29th, 2022
- Gravity Diagnostics closes COVID-19 testing sites as fewer in the Tri-State get tested - WCPO 9 Cincinnati - June 29th, 2022
- Bill Gates Tests Positive for Coronavirus - The New York Times - May 12th, 2022
- COVID-19: What you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic - World Economic Forum - May 12th, 2022
- Half of Covid-hospitalised still symptomatic two years on, study finds - The Guardian - May 12th, 2022
- Sulfur Burps and Diarrhea: Is It COVID-19 or Something Else? - Healthline - May 12th, 2022
- Severe COVID-19 may cause cognitive deficits equivalent to 20 years of aging - Medical News Today - May 12th, 2022
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) WHO Thailand Situation Report 235 - 11 May 2022 - Thailand - ReliefWeb - May 12th, 2022
- Variants of the Virus that Causes COVID-19 - Coronavirus - Virginia Department of Health - May 12th, 2022
- How We'll Know When The COVID-19 Crisis Is Over - NPR - July 12th, 2021
- Lambda Variant Of Covid-19 Coronavirus Is Spreading, What You Need To Know - Forbes - July 12th, 2021
- New Zealand, where Covid-19 is dormant, fights another respiratory virus, and other news from around the world. - The New York Times - July 12th, 2021
- Bat Scientists Warn That the World May Never Know Covid-19 Origins - The Wall Street Journal - July 12th, 2021
- FLORIDA Florida reports rise in coronavirus cases over the past week WINK NEWS - Wink News - July 12th, 2021
- Breath-Based Coronavirus Tests Are Being Developed - The New York Times - July 12th, 2021
- Fauci says there should be more coronavirus vaccine mandates at the local level - Anchorage Daily News - July 12th, 2021
- South Africa extends tight COVID-19 restrictions for another 14 days - Reuters - July 12th, 2021
- COVID-19: What you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic on 9 July - World Economic Forum - July 12th, 2021
- Coronavirus cases in the Netherlands surge more than 800% in one week - BNO News - July 12th, 2021
- Over three-quarters of Britons re-evaluate their lives during Covid - The Guardian - July 12th, 2021
- COVID outbreaks: Where are the worst COVID-19 surges in the world? - Deseret News - July 12th, 2021
- Israel offers third shot of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to adults at risk - Reuters - July 12th, 2021
- Americans will need masks indoors as U.S. heads for 'dangerous fall' with surge in delta Covid cases - CNBC - July 12th, 2021