Nine abstracts accepted demonstrating potential of HSC gene therapy to treat multiple neurodegenerative disorders
New clinical data from all eight patients treated with OTL-203 for Mucopolysaccharidosis type I (MPS I)
Biomarker data from first three patients treated with OTL-201 for Mucopolysaccharidosis type IIIA (MPS-IIIA or Sanfilippo Syndrome Type A)
Multiple abstracts highlighting clinical and real-world data for OTL-200 and Metachromatic Leukodystrophy (MLD)
Company to host virtual investor webinar to review symposium data on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. ET
BOSTON and LONDON, Jan. 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Orchard Therapeutics(Nasdaq: ORTX), a global gene therapy leader, today outlined nine upcoming presentations from its neurodegenerative portfolio to be featured at the 17th Annual WORLDSymposium being held on February 8-12, 2021. Accepted abstracts include clinical data from three of its hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) gene therapy programs OTL-200 for MLD, OTL-203 for MPS-I and OTL-201 for MPS-IIIA as well as data supporting Orchards multi-pronged patient identification and market access strategies for eligible MLD patients in Europe.
Together with our clinical partners, were proud of our presence at the upcoming WORLDSymposium, which for the first time features clinical data on cognitive function and growth in all eight MPS-I patients treated with gene therapy, said Bobby Gaspar, M.D., Ph.D., chief executive officer of Orchard. Alongside emerging data in MPS-IIIA and our extensive body of clinical and real-world data in MLD, our programs are establishing a clear picture of the transformative potential of HSC gene therapy across multiple fatal neurodegenerative conditions.
The presentations are listed below and the full preliminary program is available online on the WORLDSymposium website. The ePosters will open at 2:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 8, 2021 and will remain open throughout WORLDSymposium 2021.
Orchard is planning to host a virtual investor webinar on Tuesday, February 9th, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. ET to review the data from its neurodegenerative programs presented at the WORLDSymposium. A live webcast will be available under Events in the Investors & Media section of the companys website at http://www.orchard-tx.com and a replay of the webcast will be archived following the event.
Platform Oral Presentation Details:
Ex-vivo autologous stem cell gene therapy clinical trial for mucopolysaccharidosis type IIIA: Update on phase I/II clinical trialPresenting Author: Jane Kinsella, Royal Manchester Childrens Hospital 2021 Young Investigator Award RecipientDate/Time: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 11:12 a.m. ET
Ex vivo hematopoietic stem cell gene therapy for mucopolysaccharidosis type I (Hurler syndrome)Presenting Author: Bernhard Gentner, San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene TherapyDate/Time: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 11:24 a.m. ET
Lentiviral hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell gene therapy provides durable clinical benefit in early-symptomatic early juvenile metachromatic leukodystrophyPresenting Author: Francesca Fumagalli, San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy, IRCCS San Raffaele Scientific InstituteDate/Time: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 11:36 a.m. ET
ePoster Presentation Details:
Lentiviral haematopoietic stem cell gene therapy for metachromatic leukodystrophy: Results in nine patients treated with a cryopreserved formulation of OTL-200Abstract Number: 25Presenting Author: Valeria Calbi, San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene TherapyDate/Time: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 2:30 3:30 p.m. ET
Initial signs and symptoms of metachromatic leukodystrophy: A caregiver perspectiveAbstract Number: 64Presenting Author: Florian Eichler, Massachusetts General HospitalDate/Time: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 2:30 3:30 p.m. ET
Demographic and clinical characteristics of patients with metachromatic leukodystrophy in the United Kingdom: Interim results from an observational real-world studyAbstract Number: 110Presenting Author: Simon Jones, Manchester Centre for Genomic Medicine Date/Time: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 2:30 3:30 p.m. ET
Quality of life of patients with metachromatic leukodystrophy and their caregivers in the US, UK, Germany and FranceAbstract Number: 186Presenting Author: Francis Pang, Orchard TherapeuticsDate/Time: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 2:30 3:30 p.m. ET
Health-related quality of life in metachromatic leukodystrophy based on a societal utility study in the UKAbstract Number: 187Presenting Author: Francis Pang, Orchard TherapeuticsDate/Time: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 2:30 3:30 p.m. ET
Newborn screening for metachromatic leukodystrophy in Northern Germany - a prospective studyAbstract Number: 269Presenting Author: Thomas Wiesinger, ARCHIMEDlifeDate/Time: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 2:30 3:30 p.m. ET
About Libmeldy / OTL-200Libmeldy (autologous CD34+ cell enriched population that contains hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells (HSPC) transduced ex vivo using a lentiviral vector encoding the human arylsulfatase-A (ARSA) gene), also known as OTL-200, has been approved by the European Commission for the treatment of MLD in eligible early-onset patients characterized by biallelic mutations in the ARSA gene leading to a reduction of the ARSA enzymatic activity in children with i) late infantile or early juvenile forms, without clinical manifestations of the disease, or ii) the early juvenile form, with early clinical manifestations of the disease, who still have the ability to walk independently and before the onset of cognitive decline. Libmeldy is the first therapy approved for eligible patients with early-onset MLD.
The most common adverse reaction attributed to treatment with Libmeldy was the occurrence of anti-ARSA antibodies. In addition to the risks associated with the gene therapy, treatment with Libmeldy is preceded by other medical interventions, namely bone marrow harvest or peripheral blood mobilization and apheresis, followed by myeloablative conditioning, which carry their own risks. During the clinical studies, the safety profiles of these interventions were consistent with their known safety and tolerability.
For more information about Libmeldy, please see the Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) available on the EMA website.
Libmeldy is not approved outside of the European Union, UK, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. OTL-200 is an investigational therapy in the US.
Libmeldy was developed in partnership with the San Raffaele-Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy (SR-Tiget) in Milan, Italy.
About OrchardOrchard Therapeutics is a global gene therapy leader dedicated to transforming the lives of people affected by rare diseases through the development of innovative, potentially curative gene therapies. Our ex vivo autologous gene therapy approach harnesses the power of genetically modified blood stem cells and seeks to correct the underlying cause of disease in a single administration. In 2018, Orchard acquired GSKs rare disease gene therapy portfolio, which originated from a pioneering collaboration between GSK and theSan Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy in Milan, Italy. Orchard now has one of the deepest and most advanced gene therapy product candidate pipelines in the industry spanning multiple therapeutic areas where the disease burden on children, families and caregivers is immense and current treatment options are limited or do not exist.
Orchard has its global headquarters in London and U.S. headquarters in Boston. For more information, please visit http://www.orchard-tx.com, and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Availability of Other Information About OrchardInvestors and others should note that Orchard communicates with its investors and the public using the company website (www.orchard-tx.com), the investor relations website (ir.orchard-tx.com), and on social media (Twitter andLinkedIn), including but not limited to investor presentations and investor fact sheets,U.S. Securities and Exchange Commissionfilings, press releases, public conference calls and webcasts. The information that Orchard posts on these channels and websites could be deemed to be material information. As a result, Orchard encourages investors, the media, and others interested in Orchard to review the information that is posted on these channels, including the investor relations website, on a regular basis. This list of channels may be updated from time to time on Orchards investor relations website and may include additional social media channels. The contents of Orchards website or these channels, or any other website that may be accessed from its website or these channels, shall not be deemed incorporated by reference in any filing under the Securities Act of 1933.
Forward-Looking StatementsThis press release contains certain forward-looking statements about Orchards strategy, future plans and prospects, which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements include express or implied statements relating to, among other things, Orchards business strategy and goals, and the therapeutic potential of Orchards product candidates, including the product candidate or candidates referred to in this release. These statements are neither promises nor guarantees and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond Orchards control, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated in these forward-looking statements. In particular, these risks and uncertainties include, without limitation: the risk that prior results, such as signals of safety, activity or durability of effect, observed from preclinical studies or clinical trials will not be replicated or will not continue in ongoing or future studies or trials involving Orchards product candidates, will be insufficient to support regulatory submissions or marketing approval in the US or EU, as applicable, or that long-term adverse safety findings may be discovered; the risk that any one or more of Orchards product candidates, including the product candidates referred to in this release, will not be approved, successfully developed or commercialized; the risk of cessation or delay of any of Orchards ongoing or planned clinical trials; the risk that Orchard may not successfully recruit or enroll a sufficient number of patients for its clinical trials; the delay of any of Orchards regulatory submissions; the failure to obtain marketing approval from the applicable regulatory authorities for any of Orchards product candidates or the receipt of restricted marketing approvals; the inability or risk of delays in Orchards ability to commercialize its product candidates, if approved, or Libmeldy in the EU; the risk that the market opportunity for Libmeldy, or any of Orchards product candidates, may be lower than estimated; and the severity of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Orchards business, including on clinical development, its supply chain and commercial programs. Given these uncertainties, the reader is advised not to place any undue reliance on such forward-looking statements.
Other risks and uncertainties faced by Orchard include those identified under the heading "Risk Factors" in Orchards quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the quarter endedSeptember 30, 2020, as filed with theU.S. Securities and Exchange Commission(SEC), as well as subsequent filings and reports filed with theSEC. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release reflect Orchards views as of the date hereof, and Orchard does not assume and specifically disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by law.
InvestorsRenee LeckDirector, Investor Relations+1 862-242-0764Renee.Leck@orchard-tx.com
MediaChristine HarrisonVice President, Corporate Affairs+1 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayo Clinic Q and A: Stem cell therapy for arthritis ... - November 29th, 2021
- FDA Warns About Stem Cell Therapies | FDA - November 29th, 2021
- A Cure for Type 1 Diabetes? For One Man, It Seems to Have Worked. - The New York Times - November 29th, 2021
- Cell Therapy Markets, 2030 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - November 29th, 2021
- Neuroplast secures 10 million in funding to boost clinical development of stem cell therapy for traumatic spinal cord injuries - Spinal News... - November 29th, 2021
- Innovating Reversible Cell Therapies With RNA - Technology Networks - November 29th, 2021
- US Stem Cell Therapy Market size and analysis by leading manufacturers, application and types 2021-2027 Energy Siren - Energy Siren - November 29th, 2021
- InGeneron Publishes Significant Support for the Existence of Naturally Pluripotent Stem Cells in All Organs in the Adult Body - Galveston County Daily... - November 29th, 2021
- Susanna Park inducted as holder of Roth Endowed Chair for Discovery, Education and Patient Care - UC Davis Health - November 29th, 2021
- Covid vaccine: Stem cell transplant patients who must be completely re-vaccinated struggling to book jabs - iNews - November 29th, 2021
- Immunomic Therapeutics Announces Collaboration With iOncologi - BioSpace - November 29th, 2021
- An Against-the-Odds Cancer Story Can Be Yours - Curetoday.com - November 29th, 2021
- Calls for stem cell donation to change in Australia to reduce reliance on overseas donors - ABC News - November 29th, 2021
- The Expanding Role of Interferons in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms - Targeted Oncology - November 29th, 2021
- Dr. Van Rhee on Future Research Directions for CAR T-Cell Therapy in Multiple Myeloma - OncLive - September 5th, 2021
- Cell Therapy Manufacturing Market | Exclusive Report on the Latest Market Trends and Development - PharmiWeb.com - September 5th, 2021
- MD Anderson Now to Offer Solution for Cellular Therapy Toxicities - Targeted Oncology - September 5th, 2021
- NCCN Issues Updated Guidelines Regarding Third COVID-19 Vaccine Booster for Those With Cancer - Cancer Network - September 5th, 2021
- BioRestorative Therapies Receives Patent in Japan Related to its Off-the-Shelf ThermoStem Program - GuruFocus.com - September 5th, 2021
- Jury awards North Texas doctor $7.8 million in lawsuit over his partner locking him out - The Dallas Morning News - September 5th, 2021
- Iomab-B Shows Early Promise Versus Standard Therapy in Elderly R/R AML - Targeted Oncology - September 5th, 2021
- Pirtobrutinib Exhibits Promising Efficacy in Heavily Pretreated MCL and Other Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas - OncLive - September 5th, 2021
- MD Anderson and Bellicum Announce Additional License Agreement for Use of CaspaCIDe Safety Switch - Newswise - September 5th, 2021
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market by Sales, Revenue, Price and Gross Margin (2021-2027) UNLV The Rebel Yell - UNLV The Rebel Yell - September 5th, 2021
- Researchers curb local immune response in horses receiving stem cell injury therapy - Horsetalk - February 7th, 2021
- FDA Green Lights Trials of New Type 1 Diabetes Stem Cell Therapy - A Sweet Life - February 7th, 2021
- Breakthrough stem cell therapy may reverse life-threatening conditions in dogs - Study Finds - February 7th, 2021
- Perales Examines the Impact of COVID-19 on Recipients of Cellular Therapies for Cancer - OncLive - February 7th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements Directory 2020: Company AZ, Headline Value, Stage of Development at Signing, Deal Component Type,... - February 7th, 2021
- Westin Evaluates Management of DLBCL With CAR T-Cell Therapy - Targeted Oncology - February 7th, 2021
- Stem cells' efficacy confirmed in treating ototoxic hearing loss - Korea Biomedical Review - February 7th, 2021
- Stem cell therapy treatment introduced in Pakistan - The Nation - February 7th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Information, Figures and Analytical Insights 2020 2026 - The Courier - February 7th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size to Reach USD 5,040 Million by 2028 | Rising Public-Private Investments and Developing Regulatory Framework for Stem Cell... - February 1st, 2021
- ProgenCell - Stem Cell Therapies offers an updated Stem Cell Therapy for Anti Aging Protocol - PR Web - February 1st, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021: Global Key Players, Trends, Share, Industry Size, Segmentation, Forecast To 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU |... - February 1st, 2021
- Stem Cell Recruitment Therapy Registration Awarded by U.S. Patent & Trademark Office for Russell Health - MDJOnline.com - February 1st, 2021
- Cell and Gene Therapy Firms Gear up to Revolutionize Manufacturing - Labiotech.eu - February 1st, 2021
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Consumption Market Report By Application, Type, Top Companies, Growth, Regional Outlook, and Forecast to 2027 Murphy's... - February 1st, 2021
- Vertex Announces FDA Clearance of Investigational New Drug (IND) Application for VX-880, a Novel Cell Therapy for the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes... - February 1st, 2021
- Dancing on Ice's Colin Jackson to get stem cell op as he's got 'knees of 85-year-old' - Irish Mirror - February 1st, 2021
- Advanced Pancreatic Cancer Pipeline Therapeutics and Analysis, 2021 - GlobeNewswire - February 1st, 2021
- ClearPoint Neuro, Inc. Announces Expansion of Pre-Clinical and Translational Development Team to Support Gene and Stem Cell Therapy Partners -... - January 30th, 2021
- Cell Therapy Market 2020 Industry Size, Share, Segmentation, Comprehensive Analysis and Forecast by 2025 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The... - January 30th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021 Industry Size, Trends, Global Growth, Insights And Forecast Research Report 2026 NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - January 30th, 2021
- Researchers use patients' cells to test gene therapy for rare eye disease - National Institutes of Health - January 30th, 2021
- Exacis Biotherapeutics Announces Key Addition To Its Executive Leadership Team With Dirk Huebner MD Joining As Chief Medical Officer - PRNewswire - January 30th, 2021
- Caladrius Biosciences Treats First Patient in the Phase 2b FREEDOM Trial of CLBS16 for the Treatment of Coronary Microvascular Dysfunction - Cath Lab... - January 30th, 2021
- Tevogen Bio Secures Funding from Team of Doctors to Support Clinical Trials of Its Investigational Curative T Cell Therapy for COVID-19 - PRNewswire - January 30th, 2021
- Protein identified that may help treat Parkinsons disease - Medical News Today - January 30th, 2021
- Comprehensive Report on Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2027 | ANIMAL CELL THERAPIES,... - December 22nd, 2020
- I Peace, Inc. and Avery Therapeutics announce collaboration to bring iPSC derived cell therapy for heart failure to the clinic - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Announces Successful Application of ImmCelz Immunotherapy for Treatment of Stroke - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Glycostem and Ghent University sign license agreement on NK cell therapy technology - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to See Massive Growth by 2026 Osiris Therapeutics, NuVasive - Farming Sector - December 22nd, 2020
- Medicine by Design symposium highlights importance of convergence in regenerative medicine and human health - News@UofT - December 22nd, 2020
- Global NK Cell Therapy and Stem Cell Therapy Market: Development, Current Analysis and Estimated Forecast to 2025 - The Courier - December 22nd, 2020
- ONK Therapeutics Announces Three Exclusive Option License Agreements, Which Extend and Strengthen its Dual-Targeted NK Cell Therapy Pipeline -... - December 22nd, 2020
- New Combination Therapy Tested By Children's May Offer Hope For Leukemia Patients - WVXU - December 22nd, 2020
- Ashley Cain says over 80,000 people registered for stem cell donation in 48 hours after appeal to save baby - The Sun - December 22nd, 2020
- Bayer and Atara Biotherapeutics Enter Strategic Collaboration for Mesothelin-Targeted CAR T-cell Therapies for Solid Tumors - Business Wire - December 7th, 2020
- New Cedars-Sinai Biomanufacturing Center to Spur Cell Therapies - Newswise - December 7th, 2020
- ALLO-715, Off-the-Shelf CAR T-Cell Therapy, Produces Early Promise in Multiple Myeloma - Cancer Network - December 7th, 2020
- Stem cell therapy in coronavirus disease 2019: current evidence and future potential - DocWire News - December 7th, 2020
- Magenta Therapeutics and bluebird bio Announce a Phase 2 Clinical Trial Collaboration to Evaluate Magenta's MGTA-145 for Mobilizing and Collecting... - December 7th, 2020
- Treatment to restore vision by injecting stem cells into the eye could help people with damaged eyesight - iNews - December 7th, 2020
- Bayer creates cell and gene therapy platform to support partners - FierceBiotech - December 7th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report Forecast to 2029 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Cheshire Media - December 7th, 2020
- ASH Goes Remote as CAR T-Cell Therapy Competition Heats Up - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - December 7th, 2020
- Hematologist Discusses the Impact a Myeloma CAR T-Cell Approval Would Have on the Treatment Landscape - DocWire News - December 7th, 2020
- Cilta-Cel CAR T-cell Therapy Impresses With High ORR in R/R Multiple Myeloma - Targeted Oncology - December 7th, 2020
- Are stable producer cells the future of viral vector manufacturing and when will allogeneic cell therapy take hold? - BioPharma-Reporter.com - December 7th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Detailed Analysis Of Current Industry Figures With Forecasts Growth By 2027 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 7th, 2020
- Not All Patients With Relapsed DLBCL Referred for CAR T in Community Setting - Targeted Oncology - December 7th, 2020
- CRISPR and another genetic strategy fix cell defects in two common blood disorders - Science Magazine - December 7th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2020-2027 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Cheshire Media - December 7th, 2020
- UCLA receives $7.3 million grant to build state-of-the-art facility for developing gene, cell therapies - UCLA Newsroom - December 7th, 2020
- Celyad Oncology Provides Updates on Allogeneic and Autologous CAR T Programs at 62nd ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition - GlobeNewswire - December 7th, 2020
- Evolving Standards and Heated Debates in the Treatment of Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma - Curetoday.com - December 7th, 2020
- New Drug Could Improve Effectiveness of Stem Cell Therapy - Pain News Network - December 4th, 2020