Light has significant spiritual meanings associated with both angels and miracles. Angels often appear as beings of light, and they use lights electromagnetic energy when traveling to and from Earth and heaven. Miraculous events, such as apparitions, often feature light appearing in supernatural ways.
Light plays a foundational role in creation. Many creation stories say that God created light before anything else. For example, the Bible famously records in Genesis 1:3 that on the first day of creation: God said, Let there be light, and there was light.Ever since God made light, energy from light has fueled life on our planet. Earths ecosystem depends on light from the sun, as plants use sunlight to make food for themselves in their leaves, while animals and people higher up the food chain get energy from plants.
So, spiritually, light is sometimes a symbol of life that comes from a loving creator who cares for creation. Just as all living things on Earth need sunlight to grow physically, people need the light of loving relationships with the creator God to grow spiritually.
Saint Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals who is famous for his reverence for all of creation, wrote a prayer praising God for the sun and its light: Praise be to God for all his creatures, and especially our brother the sun who brings us the day and brings us the light. How beautiful he is! How splendid! Oh, God, he reminds us of you.
Angels, whom Muslims believe are made of light, love people with a pure love that comes from God. As Gods messengers, angels constantly deliver Gods messages of loving encouragement to people.
Light appearing during a miracle often indicates that God is at work in the situation, lovingly caring for the people whom he is a blessing in a miraculous way (such as by answering prayer in ways that wouldnt be possible without his intervention). Miraculous apparitions also make use of light and may feature spectacular, supernatural light effects.
Light is often associated with wisdom. The word enlighten means to give knowledge or understanding (especially spiritual insights) to someone. When people are inspired by new creative ideas, they speak about a light bulb turning on for them. If theyve gained a better perspective on a situation, they say that they can look at it in a new light. Spiritually, light stands for truth from the good side of the spiritual realm overcoming lies from the evil side of the spiritual realm. People who are spiritually enlightened have the wisdom to choose truth over deception in their everyday lives.
People often use prayer and meditation tools that have to do with light, such as candles and crystals,when communicating with angels, because angels radiate electromagnetic energy just as light does. A system of angel colors, which corresponds to different colored light rays in the electromagnetic spectrum, matches angels whose energy vibrates at certain frequencies to light rays that vibrate at those same frequencies. Some people seeking wisdom and help from the angels about different issues in their lives use it to connect with angels specializing in different types of missions. One ray in particular,red, focuses the most on wisdom and is led by Uriel, the archangel of wisdom.
The worlds major religious texts use light as a symbol of wisdom, encouraging readers to develop closer relationships with God to light their spiritual paths through the darkness of a fallen, sinful world. Just as light reflects off mirrors to help people see themselves, faithful people can engage in spiritual reflection to see the state of their souls, motivating them to seek more spiritual wisdom. The process of God giving wisdom to those who seek it is a miraculous one since it changes people for the better in profound ways.
Light is also a spiritual symbol of hope. In many of the worlds religions, light signifies salvation from the darkness of sin. Believers gain confidence from knowing that letting their light of faith shine in a dark world can bring about real change for the better in their lives. The faithful often light candles when praying for hope to create change in situations that seem hopeless.
Several major religious holidays use light to celebrate the power of spiritual hope. On Christmas, Christians decorate with electric lights to symbolize Jesus Christ as the light of the world, the savior. During Diwali, Hindus celebrate the hope of spiritual victories through fireworks displays and candles. The Jewish holiday of Hanukkah celebrates the hope that the Jewish people derived from the ancient Hanukkah miracle of lights.
Light overpowers darkness in the physical realm since the photons in light can dispel darkness, but darkness cannot dispel light. This principle can be seen simply by entering a dark room and turning on a flashlight there. The light will be visible in the midst of the darkness, even if theres just a small amount of light in a great amount of darkness. This same principle applies spiritually, as the light of hope is always stronger than the darkness of discouragement and despair.
God often assigns angels to work on missions of hope that help people in need and the results may be miraculous. No matter how dark peoples circumstances are, God can change them for the better by shining his light of hope into their lives.
See more here:
- How Kelly Preston anchored John Travolta through tragedy, controversy and bad movies - The Mercury News - July 13th, 2020
- The Word 'Human' In The 21st Century: A Critical Revaluation - Analysis - Eurasia Review - July 13th, 2020
- Assisted Living at the Meadowlands Resumes Social Engagement Programs in a Safe Manner During the COVID-19 Outbreak - Suburban Journals - July 13th, 2020
- Podcast Corner: Guru tells of sweat-lodge tragedy and James Arthur Ray - Irish Examiner - July 13th, 2020
- A Brighter Tomorrow > News > USC Dornsife - USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences - July 13th, 2020
- Ashraf Karayath Re-invents the Meaning of Life with his Debut Fiction Novel 'Janaka and Ashtavakra- A Journey Beyond' - India Education Diary - July 13th, 2020
- GCL Dorsey's newly released "Why" is a brilliant method in understanding our biggest questions to life, faith, and the Almighty - Benzinga - July 13th, 2020
- Jim Carrey Would Like to Be Erased Forever - Men's Health - July 13th, 2020
- Why intellectuals are scared of cancel culture - The Verge - July 13th, 2020
- 12 Third-Eye Tattoos That Just Might Inspire You on Your Body-Art Journey - POPSUGAR Beauty Austrailia - July 13th, 2020
- Point Break Is the Silliest Classic Ever Made - The Ringer - July 13th, 2020
- Free Tarot Reading, July 10, 2020 - YourTango - July 13th, 2020
- Scots author Richard Holloway reveals a story of mercy, with or without faith - The Times - July 13th, 2020
- Dalai Lama: We Should Act As One to Protect Our World - Exchange 99 - July 13th, 2020
- Russia's Vote On The Constitutional Amendments A Putin Triumph, An Electoral Fraud, Or A Step Towards A More Balanced Political System? - Middle East... - July 13th, 2020
- My Daughter Died at the Hands of Oprah's New Age Guru - The Daily Beast - July 12th, 2020
- Jim Carrey Would Like to Be Erased Forever - Men's Health - July 12th, 2020
- Why intellectuals are scared of cancel culture - The Verge - July 12th, 2020
- Point Break Is the Silliest Classic Ever Made - The Ringer - July 12th, 2020
- Chakra Affirmations: Feeling Gratitude to the Core of Your Being - Patheos - July 12th, 2020
- 12 Third-Eye Tattoos That Just Might Inspire You on Your Body-Art Journey - POPSUGAR Beauty Austrailia - July 12th, 2020
- Dara Shikoh: The Prince who would never be King - The Sunday Guardian - July 12th, 2020
- Aru and Its Enchanting Cosmic Energy - MENAFN.COM - July 12th, 2020
- Dalai Lama: We Should Act As One to Protect Our World - Exchange 99 - July 12th, 2020
- Trump, Kanye, and the Pernicious Politics of Celebrity - National Review - July 12th, 2020
- Enrich Your Religious Grounds Through Holy Texts And Discussions On Mademanministries - York Pedia - July 12th, 2020
- Free Tarot Reading, July 10, 2020 - YourTango - July 12th, 2020
- Where chefs release their inner Gwyneth Paltrow and peri-peri is from Macau - Daily Maverick - July 12th, 2020
- Assisted Living at the Meadowlands Resumes Social Engagement Programs in a Safe Manner During the COVID-19 Outbreak - Suburban Journals - July 12th, 2020
- On July 4, Vauhxx Booker went to the lake with friends. Five white men held him down and yelled get a noose". - Mamamia - July 12th, 2020
- Why are so many doubters unable to leave faith? Watch and read. - Patheos - July 12th, 2020
- On Guru Purnima, Shilpa Shetty, Sanjay Dutt and other Bollywood stars pay tribute to their teachers - Free Press Journal - July 12th, 2020
- A Brighter Tomorrow > News > USC Dornsife - USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences - July 10th, 2020
- Gautam Buddha gave his first sermon on Guru Purnima: A look at some of his teachings and quotes - Times Now - July 10th, 2020
- Religion and mysticism in juxtaposition, by Kola Oyefeso - - The Eagle Online - July 10th, 2020
- The Medicine - Film Threat - July 10th, 2020
- Han and Hindu Nationalism Come Face to Face - Fair Observer - July 10th, 2020
- Legendary occultist Aleister Crowley's son from Cornwall who tried to take over the government - Cornwall Live - June 21st, 2020
- International Yoga Day 2020: Yoga and its connection with Vedas; know what scriptures say about it - Catch News - June 21st, 2020
- Top 50 leadership books and quotes according to Kindle and Goodreads data - Digital Information World - June 21st, 2020
- Summer Solstice: the longest day and shortest night of the year - RTE.ie - June 21st, 2020
- Who is known as the father of yoga? Know history and other details - Republic World - Republic World - June 21st, 2020
- The statue-topplers are obsessed with white men and white history - Spectator.co.uk - June 21st, 2020
- Instrument of the Machine No More - James Moore - June 21st, 2020
- 10 books Amazon editors say you'll want to read in June - Business Insider - Business Insider - June 9th, 2020
- Siddhivinayak Temple Mumbai yet to open; check out aarti timings, other details and where to watch it live - Times Now - June 9th, 2020
- Rugby World Cup injury left me in a wheelchair but I wouldnt discourage anyone from playing the game - iNews - June 9th, 2020
- Ramy: the smartest, darkest TV comedy that you're not watching - The Guardian - June 9th, 2020
- THE KILLINGS IN CROSS RIVER - THISDAY Newspapers - June 9th, 2020
- How War lead to the advent of Market Economy - Modern Diplomacy - June 9th, 2020
- The Talk of the Three-in-One - Patheos - June 9th, 2020
- Faith in the Vortex - SpokaneFVS - spokanefavs.com - May 15th, 2020
- Alton Masons Debut Short Film Is an Ode to the Creative Spirit of Lagos - Vogue - May 15th, 2020
- The history of yoga in a readable book - The Hindu - May 15th, 2020
- We deciphered Matt Corral and Grant Tisdales closely-timed tweets from over the weekend - Red Cup Rebellion - May 15th, 2020
- We will gather in the glow - Aspen Daily News - May 15th, 2020
- PART 3 My Search for the One True God - Block Island Times - May 15th, 2020
- Future feel uncertain? See what's in the cards with a virtual psychic reading - 7x7 - May 15th, 2020
- Soul on Fire: Louise Hay's message still resonates in today's world - Coast News - May 15th, 2020
- Netflix: The Untamed Is The Perfect Quarantine Binge - GameSpot - May 15th, 2020
- General Hospital Spoilers Updates: Tension Grows Between Sam And Brando - Will They Hit The Sheets? - Celebrating The Soaps - May 15th, 2020
- As we struggle through the pandemic, persevere, keep praying, hold Lord's hand - Catholic Herald - May 15th, 2020
- Feeling anxious? Its good to talk or even shout and scream - The Irish Times - May 15th, 2020
- In Uzbekistan, Coming to Terms With the Countrys Dazzling History - The New York Times - May 15th, 2020
- Revelling in isolation lessons from Mars and India - The Hindu - May 15th, 2020
- My End is My Beginning: A wild sci-fi ride at the end of the world - Middle East Eye - May 15th, 2020
- The Number 88 Is Spiritual - Only Deep Thinkers Like Akufo-Addo Will Decide To Build 88 Hospitals - Says Actor Prince David Osei - Peace FM Online - May 3rd, 2020
- Conscious Moon Podcast is spreading spiritual enlightenment through topics like alternative healing, 5D consciousness and more - Press Release -... - May 3rd, 2020
- The poetics of universal imagination - The Sunday Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- The Buddha's impeccable wisdom - Sunday Observer - May 3rd, 2020
- Gautam Buddha: The epitome of humanity and knowledge sharing - Khabarhub - May 3rd, 2020
- Akufo-Addo is a deep thinker hence his move to improve the health systems in Ghana David Osei - GhanaWeb - May 3rd, 2020
- SAS: Who Dares Wins Ollie Ollerton reveals horrific childhood circus chimp attack left him addicted to booze - The Sun - May 3rd, 2020
- The Adventurous Lectionary The Fifth Sunday of Easter May 10,2020 - Patheos - May 3rd, 2020
- Karen Armstrong: The Lost Art of Reading Scripture - Tricycle - Tricycle - May 3rd, 2020
- Obituary: The Rt Revd Simon Barrington-Ward 01 May 2020 - Church Times - May 3rd, 2020
- Zoon Travels to the Past, Present, and Future on Light Prism - American Songwriter - May 3rd, 2020
- Review: 'Beyond the Visible: Hilma af Klint,' obscurity to art world star - Los Angeles Times - April 23rd, 2020
- 'Conspirituality' the overlap between the New Age and conspiracy beliefs - Elemental - April 23rd, 2020
- The purpose of life on earthOpinion - Guardian - April 23rd, 2020