We're all in a pandemic state of mind. While the novel coronavirus is wreaking havoc on the immune and respiratory systems of the people who are infected, and the impact of business closures is crushing us all financially, the self isolation that comes with shelter in place orders is taking a toll on our mental (and spiritual) wellbeing.
As the days at home begin to bleed together, our feelings of uncertainty are getting real. When will life go back to normal? When can we go back to work? Out to eat? Will we get sick? Will someone we love get sick? Is it ever going to end? If only we had a crystal ball that could foretell the future; not knowing is leading to emotional restlessnessconfusion, anger, trauma.
If you're in need of guidance, you can sit down with an intuitive coach. Not IRL, of course, but the practice of psychic counseling need not take place in an office.
San Franciscobased (and Goop-approved) intuitive counselor Nicki Bonfilio has been meeting with clients over the phone for at least 20 years. "Even with my current clients, who used to come into my office, they seem to be taking to the switch really well," she says.
Bonfilio's list of services includes "easing transitions with those afflicted with life-threatening illnesses," potentially helpful for anyone out there who might be gravely impacted physically by the virus. For the emotionally distraught but otherwise healthy (i.e. everybody else), her sessions might focus on maximizing self-awareness, promoting peace and clarity of mind, and intuitive revelations based upon astrology.
I've never had a psychic reading before, so I was nervous before my call with Bonfilio. Our time together began just as it would in her office, with shared deep breathing exercises, attention to tension points in the body, and a greeting to all the positive forces in our lives, be they of this mortal coil or elsewhere in the universe.
Our 90-minute session proved introspective, testing, and relaxing. Fears were surrendered, tensions released, and I felt metaphysically lighter afterward. I left that synergistic meeting with some questions answered, "resonances" and gut feelings clarified, and with an overall sense of levity that has basically eluded me since shelter in place began mid-March.
I'm betting we could all use some illumination and recalibration these days. Here are our suggestions for finding virtual enlightenment around the Bay Area.
Nicki Bonfilio, Intuitive Counselor
She's a bit of a rock star among spiritual seekers and those who work in the intuitive counseling spaceBonfilio participated in Goop's Bay Area wellness summit in the fall of 2019, where she lead a class around developing intuition. In lieu of meeting with clients at her Mission office, she's conducting 60- and 90-minute sessions, both for individuals and couples, over the phone ($210-$405). // For phone appointments, call 415-487-4399; nickibonfilio.com.
Physic Guidance with Derek Calibre
Calibre is sheltering in place near Telegraph Hill, but for over 15 years he has worked as a psychic across the globein Tokyo, New York City, and Honolulu. Over the course of his travels, Calibre has collected over 400 modern art cards which serve, he says, "as a remarkably rich oracle that I call The Postcard Tarot." He's also penned a book, Can You Turn It Off?: A Diary of Psychic Awakening. // For phone appointments, call 646-351-6159; baycitypsychic.com.
The intuitive staff at Psychic Horizons uses integrated meditation tools to bridge the connection between the spirit world and the physical one. The spiritual guides, many of whom have been practicing for 20-some years, champion three core principlesgrounding, centering, and empowered ownershipto help seekers find clarity and reassurance in their everyday lives. A free intro class is available online. // For phone video appointments, email email@example.com; psychichorizons.com.
Queen of Cups Tarot with Jamie Starzyk
For over 15 years, Starzyk has helped better the relationships, careers, and spiritual paths of her clients using a litany of physic mediums including palmistry, tarot, numerology, and past lives readings. She recommends each client set aside up to two hours so she can fully tap into their essence. // For phone appointments, email firstname.lastname@example.org; queenofcupstarot.com.
With 30 years experience, Hayward-based psychic and life coach Laura Hollie combines dream interpretation, chakra balancing, karmic readings, aura analysis, and meditation to help her clients sort through destructive behaviors and tap into their higher minds. // For phone appointments, call 510-886-2426; laurahollie.com.
Read the rest here:
- Legendary occultist Aleister Crowley's son from Cornwall who tried to take over the government - Cornwall Live - June 21st, 2020
- International Yoga Day 2020: Yoga and its connection with Vedas; know what scriptures say about it - Catch News - June 21st, 2020
- Top 50 leadership books and quotes according to Kindle and Goodreads data - Digital Information World - June 21st, 2020
- Summer Solstice: the longest day and shortest night of the year - RTE.ie - June 21st, 2020
- Who is known as the father of yoga? Know history and other details - Republic World - Republic World - June 21st, 2020
- The statue-topplers are obsessed with white men and white history - Spectator.co.uk - June 21st, 2020
- Instrument of the Machine No More - James Moore - June 21st, 2020
- 10 books Amazon editors say you'll want to read in June - Business Insider - Business Insider - June 9th, 2020
- Siddhivinayak Temple Mumbai yet to open; check out aarti timings, other details and where to watch it live - Times Now - June 9th, 2020
- Rugby World Cup injury left me in a wheelchair but I wouldnt discourage anyone from playing the game - iNews - June 9th, 2020
- Ramy: the smartest, darkest TV comedy that you're not watching - The Guardian - June 9th, 2020
- THE KILLINGS IN CROSS RIVER - THISDAY Newspapers - June 9th, 2020
- How War lead to the advent of Market Economy - Modern Diplomacy - June 9th, 2020
- The Talk of the Three-in-One - Patheos - June 9th, 2020
- Faith in the Vortex - SpokaneFVS - spokanefavs.com - May 15th, 2020
- Alton Masons Debut Short Film Is an Ode to the Creative Spirit of Lagos - Vogue - May 15th, 2020
- The history of yoga in a readable book - The Hindu - May 15th, 2020
- We deciphered Matt Corral and Grant Tisdales closely-timed tweets from over the weekend - Red Cup Rebellion - May 15th, 2020
- We will gather in the glow - Aspen Daily News - May 15th, 2020
- PART 3 My Search for the One True God - Block Island Times - May 15th, 2020
- Soul on Fire: Louise Hay's message still resonates in today's world - Coast News - May 15th, 2020
- Netflix: The Untamed Is The Perfect Quarantine Binge - GameSpot - May 15th, 2020
- General Hospital Spoilers Updates: Tension Grows Between Sam And Brando - Will They Hit The Sheets? - Celebrating The Soaps - May 15th, 2020
- As we struggle through the pandemic, persevere, keep praying, hold Lord's hand - Catholic Herald - May 15th, 2020
- Feeling anxious? Its good to talk or even shout and scream - The Irish Times - May 15th, 2020
- In Uzbekistan, Coming to Terms With the Countrys Dazzling History - The New York Times - May 15th, 2020
- Revelling in isolation lessons from Mars and India - The Hindu - May 15th, 2020
- My End is My Beginning: A wild sci-fi ride at the end of the world - Middle East Eye - May 15th, 2020
- The Number 88 Is Spiritual - Only Deep Thinkers Like Akufo-Addo Will Decide To Build 88 Hospitals - Says Actor Prince David Osei - Peace FM Online - May 3rd, 2020
- Conscious Moon Podcast is spreading spiritual enlightenment through topics like alternative healing, 5D consciousness and more - Press Release -... - May 3rd, 2020
- The poetics of universal imagination - The Sunday Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- The Buddha's impeccable wisdom - Sunday Observer - May 3rd, 2020
- Gautam Buddha: The epitome of humanity and knowledge sharing - Khabarhub - May 3rd, 2020
- Akufo-Addo is a deep thinker hence his move to improve the health systems in Ghana David Osei - GhanaWeb - May 3rd, 2020
- SAS: Who Dares Wins Ollie Ollerton reveals horrific childhood circus chimp attack left him addicted to booze - The Sun - May 3rd, 2020
- The Adventurous Lectionary The Fifth Sunday of Easter May 10,2020 - Patheos - May 3rd, 2020
- Karen Armstrong: The Lost Art of Reading Scripture - Tricycle - Tricycle - May 3rd, 2020
- Obituary: The Rt Revd Simon Barrington-Ward 01 May 2020 - Church Times - May 3rd, 2020
- Zoon Travels to the Past, Present, and Future on Light Prism - American Songwriter - May 3rd, 2020
- Review: 'Beyond the Visible: Hilma af Klint,' obscurity to art world star - Los Angeles Times - April 23rd, 2020
- 'Conspirituality' the overlap between the New Age and conspiracy beliefs - Elemental - April 23rd, 2020
- The purpose of life on earthOpinion - Guardian - April 23rd, 2020
- Duncan Trussell Discusses His Personal Journey to The Midnight Gospel - Bleeding Cool News - April 23rd, 2020
- As coronavirus cases fall, South Koreans warned not to lift their guard - The Times - April 23rd, 2020
- Having difficulty meditating? Here are meditation tips to manage restlessness - Republic World - Republic World - April 23rd, 2020
- Happy Ramadan 2020: Wishes, quotes, SMS, messages, Shayari, Facebook and WhatsApp status to share with family and friends - Jagran English - April 23rd, 2020
- A History of Disease, Faith, and Recovery in Rome - Hyperallergic - April 23rd, 2020
- If the Climate Was a Bank, They Would Have Already Rescued It: 50th Anniversary of #EarthDay - Patheos - April 23rd, 2020
- Protesters rally in Harrisburg to demand Wolf reopen economy - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader - April 23rd, 2020
- Greatest rock song of the 20th century - CapeGazette.com - April 21st, 2020
- 'It is part of my spiritual life': the people who take running to the extreme - The Guardian - April 21st, 2020
- Was the Revolution About Reason? - American Greatness - April 21st, 2020
- When the medium is the messenger the art of communicating with spirits - Apollo Magazine - April 21st, 2020
- Art in times of coronavirus 100 inspiring quotes on World Art Day 2020 - YourStory - April 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus outbreak brings into focus elements of blind faith, bigotry in society and the need to... - Firstpost - April 21st, 2020
- MusicWatch Monthly: Send the fool further - Oregon ArtsWatch - April 2nd, 2020
- ALL WE HAVE IS NOW. THE POWER OF NOW BY ECKHART TOLLE. - Thrive Global - April 2nd, 2020
- 5 Buddhist teachings that can help you deal with coronavirus anxiety - Midland Daily News - April 2nd, 2020
- Inside the May 2020 issue of Lion's Roar magazine - Lion's Roar - April 2nd, 2020
- Sampa the Great makes uplifting spiritual soul on The Return - Chicago Reader - April 2nd, 2020
- Commentary: Will there be Easter? - The San Diego Union-Tribune - April 2nd, 2020
- The Emerging Right-Wing Vision of Constitutional Authoritarianism - The New Republic - April 2nd, 2020
- How the Ice Cube Lost Its Mystery - News Parliament - April 2nd, 2020
- Positive thinking modeOpinion - Guardian - April 2nd, 2020
- Is the God of Love also the God of Suffering? - Patheos - April 2nd, 2020
- Born To Rule: Sovereignty in International Law - Modern Diplomacy - April 2nd, 2020
- What Are Guardian Angels and How Can I Connect With Mine? - Beliefnet - April 2nd, 2020
- Why has God forsaken humanity in the time of the Coronavirus Pandemic? - Asian Tribune - April 2nd, 2020
- The Tarot Card Collection by Sofia Zakia for Inner Enlightenment - JCK - March 31st, 2020
- Apocalypse Now and Not Yet: N. T. Wright's Recovery of the Apocalyptic Imagination - Patheos - March 31st, 2020
- Illness as imagination - Times of India - March 31st, 2020
- Color Therapy: Yellow - vmagazine.com - March 31st, 2020
- Model Angela Martini: Here Is How To Survive And Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person - Thrive Global - March 31st, 2020
- Chant these Shanti Mantras for universal peace and wellness - Times Now - March 31st, 2020
- Feast of the Passover - THISDAY Newspapers - March 31st, 2020
- A big bookmark in our lives: York County Libraries are here for you with eBooks - York Daily Record - March 31st, 2020
- Frank Oceans Monks & the Fantasy of Worship - DJBooth - March 31st, 2020
- Opinion: Coronavirus is the greatest challenge we've faced in generations. Altruism is how to overcome it - The Globe and Mail - March 31st, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment: What It Is and How to Experience It - March 16th, 2020
- 5 Things You Should Know About Spiritual Enlightenment ... - March 16th, 2020