Looking for some help navigating an innovation-filled month in Houston? Look no further.
November is jam packed with Houston business and innovation events from huge conventions like SpaceCom and Global Corporate Venture taking over downtown on the same days to the Digital Fight Club battling it out in Houston for the first time and The Houston Innovation Summit planning a week of programming.
If you know of innovation-focused events for this month or next, email me at email@example.com with the details and subscribe to our daily newsletter that sends fresh stories straight to your inboxes every morning.
Houston is full of entrepreneurial women and this event aims to bring women together and give access to top female entrepreneurs and passionate women in local businesses. They will share their 'why,' their stories, challenges, successes, tips, and answer your burning questions about local entrepreneurship. Join us for a panel and lunch in a closed setting where we discuss what it takes to be a successful female entrepreneur.
Details: The event is from 11 am to 1 pm on Tuesday, November 5, at Houston Exponential (410 Pierce St.). Learn more.
Rice Alliance's Texas Life Science Forum brings together members from industry, emerging life science companies, academic, and investors. This is the "must attend" event for anyone in the life science industry in Texas or affiliated with innovation at the life science academic institutions.
Details: The event is from 8:30 am to 5 pm on Wednesday, November 6, at BioScience Research Collaborative (6500 Main St.). Learn more.
Details: The event is from 11:30 am to 1 pm on Wednesday, November 6, at The Cannon (1336 Brittmoore Road). Learn more.
In honor of Lung Cancer Awareness Month, JLABS sitting down with experts at The Lung Cancer Initiative at Johnson & Johnson and MD Anderson Lung Cancer Moon Shots as well as innovators in the field to present on and create dialogue around the core challenges faced by innovators in the field, new discoveries, emerging technologies, and potential solutions.
Details: The event is from 11 am to 1:30 pm on Wednesday, November 6, at JLabs @ TMC (2450 Holcombe Blvd.). Learn more.
TMCx's annual medical device cohort celebrates the end of another program as the participating entrepreneurs take to the main stage to pitch their solutions. During the event, 16 medical device startups will showcase the progress they have made on their solutions, and what they have planned for the future.
Details: The event is from 1:30 to 8 pm on Thursday, November 7, at TMC Innovation Institute (2450 Holcombe Blvd.). Learn more.
CareSet presents the second annual Health Equity Hackathon using newly available data that will help address innovations for the underserved community in the U.S.
Details: The event is from November 8 through 10, at United Way of Greater Houston (50 Waugh Dr.). Learn more.
Rice University is planning to develop 16 acres around Houston's Wheeler Station to create a neighborhood centered around technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship. To demand that the developers sign a Community Benefits Agreement, we are establishing the Houston Coalition for Equitable Development without Displacement (HCEDD). All individuals, community groups, advocacy organizations, and supporting businesses/organizations who are interested in supporting this initiative are invited to attend.
Details: The event is from 6 to 8 pm on Tuesday, November 12, at Wesley AME Church (2209 Emancipation Ave). Learn more.
In collaboration and partnership with Equinor Technology Ventures, BP Ventures, Shell Ventures, Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures, and Cannon Ventures, hear the latest trends in upstream technology implementation.
Details: The event is from 5 to 8 pm on Wednesday, November 13, at The Cannon (1336 Brittmoore Road). Learn more.
The Topcoder Innovation Summit is the premier innovation event for industry leaders. At the Innovation Summit, you'll have the opportunity to speak with industry leaders, attend panels on innovation and emerging technologies, and meet with the Wipro and Topcoder executive teams.
Details: The event is from 8 am to 4:45 pm on Thursday, November 14, at InterContinental Hotel (6750 Main St.). Learn more.
JLABS and the University of Houston Technology Bridge present a special installment of Startup Pains, a monthly talk given by entrepreneurs who share their journey of launching a company and overcoming unanticipated obstacles in order to find success in their industry. This month's focus is to arm those contemplating entrepreneurship with a road map for navigating the startup waters, specifically focused on therapeutics.
Details: The event is from 5:30 to 7 pm on Thursday, November 14, at JLabs @ TMC (2450 Holcombe Blvd.). Learn more.
Tilting the Grid is the conference where you can eavesdrop on what the most daring companies in the REP space are doing and discuss what the next "big" thing might be. Ready to learn what big data can reveal about customer behavior? Prepared for a deep dive into the latest customer acquisition trends?
Details: The event is from noon to 5 pm on Friday, November 15, at Whitehall Hotel Houston (1700 Smith St). Learn more.
For the third year, Houston's innovation ecosystem is taking over the city for a week of events and programming coordinated by Impact Hub Houston. To check out the panels, meetups, and all other programming, click here. Note: Some of the specific events will also appear in this curated list of Houston events.
Entrepreneurs and experts are taking the stage or in this case ring to battle out their ideas on tech and innovation in Houston. The high energy debate will take place across five fights and networking opportunities. Secure your tickets it's expected to sell out.
Details: The event is from 6 to 10 pm on Wednesday, November 20, at White Oak Music Hall (2915 N Main St.). Learn more.
Join JLABS @ TMC and explore the mind and motivations of Dr. Billy Cohn, the renowned surgeon, inventor and innovator.
Details: The event is from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm on Wednesday, November 20, at JLabs @ TMC (2450 Holcombe Blvd.). Learn more.
SpaceCom, America's Commercial Space Conference and Exposition, addresses the strategic issues impacting the commercial space industry that will enable your business to set a clear course to gain a competitive advantage in the coming trillion-dollar space economy. SpaceCom is operating under a Space Act Agreement with NASA. In 2019, the Department of Commerce's Office of Space Commerce and the Department of Energy's Office of Technology Transitions join NASA and the commercial space industry in collaborating on the development of the show.
Details: The event is from Wednesday, November 20, to Thursday, November 21, at the George R. Brown Convention Center (1001 Avenida De Las Americas). Learn more.
Never has the energy industry been more vulnerable to disruption, but as open to change. The world's leading energy and transportation companies are using venture capital to invest in, and help deploy, new technologies and business models that will fundamentally change the way we generate, distribute and use energy.
Details: The event is from Wednesday, November 20, to Thursday, November 21, and takes place at various locations throughout the two-day conference. Learn more.
See original here:
- NASA's New Space Exploration Gear Can Withstand Impact, Freezing Temperatures For Lunar Mission - SpaceCoastDaily.com - September 8th, 2020
- Two Coloradans win international exploration awards - The Daily Camera - September 8th, 2020
- Russia makes bid to become a space power with Luna-25 mission to the moon - The Hill - September 8th, 2020
- Alabama rocket builder Bruno: Space exploration 'will help us to alleviate poverty here on Earth' - Yellowhammer News - September 8th, 2020
- Will Elon Musks Neuralink Wipe Disability Off The Face Of The Earth? - Forbes - September 8th, 2020
- Lisa Campbell becomes the first woman to head the Canadian Space Agency - CBC.ca - September 8th, 2020
- Extraterrestrial Hunters Figure Out a Way to Expand Their Search for Signals by a Factor of 200 - Universe Today - September 8th, 2020
- Space Race victory for UK: Britain leads the way with prestigious 'Exploration Award' - Daily Express - September 8th, 2020
- Latest Trends in Deep Space Exploration and Technology Market 2020, In-depth Analysis Considering Impact of Covid -19 on Share, Size and Future... - September 8th, 2020
- $2.3M in space exploration grants awarded to 3 New Mexico universities - KRQE News 13 - September 1st, 2020
- Reflections on America, space exploration, moon walking | News - MyEasternShoreMD - September 1st, 2020
- UCF students to go behind the scenes of live NASA asteroid mission - EdScoop News - September 1st, 2020
- INSERTING and REPLACING AMERGINT Technology Holdings Completes Acquisition of Raytheon Technologies' Space-based Optics Business to Be Renamed Danbury... - September 1st, 2020
- Can the Moon be a person? - Cosmos - September 1st, 2020
- US, Israeli delegations leave UAE after discussing broader cooperation - The Arab Weekly - September 1st, 2020
- NASA event marks 100th anniversary of women's voting rights - Space.com - September 1st, 2020
- Hilary Swank Takes Us Inside the Space Scenes of Netflix's 'Away' - TV Insider - September 1st, 2020
- Want your name on the next Mars rover? - Observer Online - September 1st, 2020
- How enigneers test the radiation shielding of electronics in space vehicles - Aerospace Testing International - September 1st, 2020
- A new wave of space exploration - Palatinate - August 10th, 2020
- Hilary Swank on New Space Exploration Series Away: I Wanted to Be an Astronaut Before I Wanted to Be an Actor - Anglophenia - August 10th, 2020
- In space exploration, Switzerland punches above its weight - MENAFN.COM - August 10th, 2020
- OWC Sending Customer Content to Outer Space on the Envoy Pro - PRNewswire - August 10th, 2020
- San Antonio 'in the hunt' to land U.S. Space Command - San Antonio Express-News - August 10th, 2020
- How the first Navy SEAL ended up in space - Business Insider - Business Insider - August 10th, 2020
- NASA releases weird-looking shape of our solar system - The Indian Express - August 10th, 2020
- The fault in our stars: Constellation mapping through events in time shows devastation caused by man in space - MEAWW - August 10th, 2020
- The Weather Station At The Top Of The World - Hackaday - August 10th, 2020
- Ice Sheets Covered Southern Highlands of Early Mars | Planetary Science, Space Exploration - Sci-News.com - August 10th, 2020
- Stunning Illustrated Guide To The Universe And Space Exploration Reaches New Zealand - Scoop.co.nz - August 10th, 2020
- Mark Zuckerberg Got $5.3 Billion Richer This Week Following Instagrams Launch Of TikTok Competitor - Forbes - August 10th, 2020
- GomSpace + ESA Working Together To Implement Juventas Smallsat For Hera Mission - SatNews Publishers - August 9th, 2020
- 'Twinkle' mission will search for planets outside our solar system that could support life - The Ohio State University News - August 8th, 2020
- Quantitative & Qualitative Analysis on AI in Space Exploration Market 2020 |Trends, Growth, Opportunities, Scope & Detail Survey by 2026 | ... - August 8th, 2020
- Florida's Space Coast: The Great Space Coast Road Trip - PRNewswire - August 8th, 2020
- The Eagle Has Landed | Georgia Southern Magazine - Georgia Southern University Newsroom - August 8th, 2020
- Mars is the place (in space) to be - Cosmos - August 8th, 2020
- Western Slope Skies - The Limits of Space - KVNF Public Radio - August 8th, 2020
- The Eagle Has Landed - Georgia Southern University Newsroom - August 8th, 2020
- Casetify launches NASA-branded tech accessories on day of Perseverance rover launch - Space.com - August 8th, 2020
- The next giant leaps: The UK missions getting us to the Moon - BBC Focus Magazine - August 8th, 2020
- ITER, The Worlds Largest Nuclear Fusion Project: A Big Step Forward - Forbes - August 8th, 2020
- Exploring applications of ultraviolet disinfection technology - Health Europa - August 8th, 2020
- View from Brussels: Out of the space race? - E&T Magazine - August 7th, 2020
- I-Connect007 Editor's Choice: 5 Must-Reads for the Week - I-Connect007 - August 7th, 2020
- Deep Space Exploration and Technology Market: Competitive Dynamics & Global Out - News by aeresearch - August 7th, 2020
- Flashback Friday: Possibilities of space exploration in 1980 - KELOLAND.com - August 6th, 2020
- SpaceX Took a First Small Step to Mars. That's Great News for Space Investors. - Barron's - August 6th, 2020
- VIPER Rover to use Thales Alenia Space tech for Earth comms - SpaceWatch.Global - August 6th, 2020
- Where no man has gone before: The problematic way we portray space exploration - The Big Smoke Australia - August 6th, 2020
- NASA Awards STTR Research Grant To Geisel Software And UNLV For Robot Simulation Platform for Source Search and Mapping - PRNewswire - August 6th, 2020
- Why are ASEAN nations joining the space race? - ASEAN TODAY - August 6th, 2020
- The first interplanetary helicopter is on its way to Mars - Space.com - July 31st, 2020
- SpaceX: Crew Dragon is returning to Earth heres when to hold your breath - The Conversation UK - July 31st, 2020
- 'On our way to Mars': NASA rover to look for signs of life - The Daily Times - July 31st, 2020
- KOTG: Mass testing at McCrossan Boys Ranch, FBI phone scam and cooler weather in the forecast - KELOLAND.com - July 31st, 2020
- Global space economy grows to $423.8 billion in 2019 - Geospatial World - July 31st, 2020
- Report proposes actions to strengthen US space industry and military capabilities - SpaceNews - July 31st, 2020
- Love the US Space & Rocket Center? #SaveSpaceCamp now - Bham Now - July 31st, 2020
- Space Photonics Opportunities Abound As NASA Renews Moon And Planetary Exploration Market: Future Scenarios and Business Opportunity Analysis COVID-19... - July 31st, 2020
- Perseverance Launches to Hunt for Signs of Ancient Martian Life | Planetary Science, Space Exploration - Sci-News.com - July 31st, 2020
- The lunar rock hounds of Apollo 15: Exploring the moon in a bucking bronco buggy in 1971 - PennLive - July 31st, 2020
- Hope Leads the Way to Mars - The Planetary Society - July 31st, 2020
- Deep Space Exploration and Technology Market Insights Overview 2020-2026 | by Market Value, Volume, Size, Share and Applications - Owned - July 31st, 2020
- Heres how it feels to experience the Mars life on Earth - Livemint - July 31st, 2020
- KULR Technology Receives US Patent Covering Risk Minimization of Fires and Explosions in Lithium-Ion Battery Packs - I-Connect007 - July 30th, 2020
- White House report outlines integrated strategy for space exploration and development - SpaceNews - July 29th, 2020
- A space exploration fan, jazz artist Gregory Porter to sing for NASA launch - Reuters - July 29th, 2020
- JPL Interns Are Working From Home While 'Going the Distance' for Space Exploration - Meet JPL Interns | NASA/JPL Edu - NASA/JPL Edu News - July 29th, 2020
- Deep Space Exploration and Technology Market to Grow at a Stayed CAGR from 2019 - News.MarketSizeForecasters.com - July 29th, 2020
- #SpaceWatch Column: Exorcising the ghost of Apollo? - SpaceWatch.Global - July 29th, 2020
- With Pride in Heart: Belarus' achievements in space exploration - Belarus News (BelTA) - July 29th, 2020
- Steampunk Venus rover ideas win NASA contest to 'explore hell' with clockwork robots - Space.com - July 29th, 2020
- Deep Space Exploration and Technology Market (Covid-19 Updated) Is Projected to Grow at an Exponential Rate over 2020 to 2025 | MAXAR Technologies... - July 29th, 2020
- Nations with Narrow Goals Are Trying to Capture Outer Space - NewsClick - July 29th, 2020
- KULR Technology Group Announces Issuance of U.S. Patent Covering Risk Minimization of Fires and Explosions in Lithium-Ion Battery Packs -... - July 29th, 2020
- Three-way funding agreement to establish 'Khalifa University Space Technology and Innovation Centre' - WAM EN - July 29th, 2020
- Taking India-Gulf Cooperation Into Space The Diplomat - The Diplomat - July 29th, 2020
- Deep Space Exploration and Technology Market to Grow at a Stayed CAGR from 2019 - GroundAlerts.com - July 29th, 2020
- China's Mars mission is a glimpse into its space ambitions. But we're not in a space race yet - ABC News - July 29th, 2020