Winchester is likely to get more snow in the coming days with another 'Beast from the East' style weather-front moving in.
Residents will remember when the first Beast from the East hit the town in February-March 2018 as it caused havoc across the UK and travel disruption in Winchester.
Click on our picture gallery above to relieve some of the moments from 2018.
For two days it caused chaos on the roads, events were cancelled, schools and libraries were closed, offices, shops and restaurants were empty, diggers stood unused and waste collections postponed.
Hospital chiefs were forced to pleading with any staff who could make it in to come to Winchesters Hospital to help ease the pressure caused by the snow.
For some it meant unexpected journeys to hospital. Actress Sarah Parish, 49, who lives near Alresford, was hospitalised after breaking a leg in a sledging accident. She fell badly after standing on a sledge as if it was a snowboard in her garden.
She posted from the Royal Hampshire County Hospital: Day 2 in Winchester Hospital. Looks like Ill be operated on today, she told fans.
Theyre putting a great big pin right through my shin!! No sleep last night, was on enough Morphine to knock the Navy out but still in pain. Note to self: cheap plastic sledges are for sitting in and gently trundling down primary slopes NOT a substitute for a stand up snowboard.
The owners of one of Winchesters oldest buildings had a nasty shock when a car slid into it. The car was spotted by a passer-by who said it had skidded down Blue Ball Hill and crashed into the corner of The Old Blue Boar. The witness added that the corner of the inn, which is on the junction with St Johns Street, was completely caved in.
Hampshires 5,000 miles of road took a severe beating from the weather - but council leader Roy Perry said the well-honed machine sprung into action with good partnership working.
Including 100 farmers kept on a retainer and paid an hourly rate to help out, as well as 400 4x4 volunteers driving key workers to work, Cllr Perry said the 1m spent in 2011 on salt and grit boxes for residential streets had been used properly for the first time.
But one Hampshire hero disagreed - and criticised police, the council highways as well as drivers. Peter Rockall, from Cheriton, said he spent 12 hours battling six-foot snow drifts to help cars stuck in the snow. The pre-school teacher said he was awake at 3am when he realised the severity of the situation . He and friend Peter Sharp spent the rest of Friday towing cars in really dangerous conditions along the A272 up from Cheriton to Cheesefoot Head, the 600-foot high hill near Winchester.
He said: There was a sign to say road closed but people had just pushed it over and were ignoring it. We pulled an elderly womans car up to the top of the hill but when I asked her if she was going for a hospital appointment or something but she said she was going for a massage. There were people saying they were going in shopping in Winchester.
One primary school stayed open on the coldest March day on record and despite chaos on the roads. Children at St Anthonys in Fareham said theyd had the best day ever while hundreds of other schools were shut due to heavy snowfall. Several events at the weekend fell victim before the thaw set in.
- Rare chance to snap up property in most inaccessible and idyllic part of Scotland - The Scotsman - June 15th, 2021
- Album Review: Figueroa The World As We Know It - mxdwn.com - June 15th, 2021
- Coheed & Cambria announce tour with The Used and Meet Me @ The Altar - Brooklyn Vegan - June 15th, 2021
- Mass DPH Will Be Conducting Cancer Evaluation of PCB Exposure - WUPE - June 15th, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra to Alia Bhatt: 5 actresses who sported trendy hairstyles - Asianet Newsable - June 15th, 2021
- Want a Massage Without Leaving the House? This App Lets You Insta-Book a Therapist, Who'll Rock Up With All Their Gear - Broadsheet - June 15th, 2021
- In The Heights: Reaching New Heights for Movie Musicals Through Fashion - theknockturnal.com - June 15th, 2021
- Make Dad a Happy Camper This Fathers Day With One of These Outdoor Items On Sale For 20% Off - Mandatory - June 15th, 2021
- Pawri Ho Rahi Hai: This Little Girl's Version of Viral 'Pawri' Video is The Cutest Thing Ever | Check Hilario - India.com - February 17th, 2021
- Government Former State Scientist Calls on Ireland to Push for Renationalisation of EU Waters - Afloat - February 15th, 2021
- Gavin Hayes' state championship highlights fifth-place finish by Ola wrestling team - Henry Herald - February 15th, 2021
- HBO's 30 Coins Destroys Elena and Paco's Lives With the Return of the Coin - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 15th, 2021
- The best of the west of Ireland - exploring Galway and its Connemara hinterlands - IrishCentral - February 15th, 2021
- Thermoformed Plastics Market Development Trends, Key Manufacturers & Competitive Analysis 2020-2026 | Anchor Packaging, Inc., Pactiv, LLC.,... - February 15th, 2021
- Neha Kakkar, Jonita Gandhi, And Akriti Kakars Top 5 Hottest Shades Of Lipstick That Are Simply Perfect - IWMBuzz - February 7th, 2021
- Inside Janet Jackson's Infamous Super Bowl Wardrobe Malfunction and Its Even More Complicated Aftermath - E! Online - February 7th, 2021
- New exhibition to recall Denmark's worst ever maritime disaster - The Post - The Copenhagen Post - Danish news in english - February 4th, 2021
- We Are The Union's Fresh Fruit for Rotting Punk Rock Stars takes aim at aging, once-political punks - Brooklyn Vegan - February 4th, 2021
- Did Ohio States 2017 recruiting class live up to the hype? - Land-Grant Holy Land - February 4th, 2021
- Global Internet Banking Market 2020 Size Share Upcoming Trends Segmentation And Forecast To 2026 NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - February 4th, 2021
- Lil Kim Teams Up With PrettyLittleThing for a Super-Hot Capsule Collection - Us Weekly - December 22nd, 2020
- Competitive Landscape Internet Banking Market: Industry Outlook 2020-2026 by Key Companies, Trends, Market Segmentation & Growth Drivers - Factory... - December 22nd, 2020
- article image Rock group Motrhead and their music is still as relevant as ever - Digital Journal - December 22nd, 2020
- 'Assassin's Creed Valhalla' Cavern of Trials Guide: How to Get the Treasures of Britain - Tech Times - December 22nd, 2020
- Which Scottish island would you put these asylum seekers on, Ms Patel? - The National - October 8th, 2020
- Get in the fall spirit when you stock up on $20 flannels from Uniqlo - Thehour.com - October 8th, 2020
- Here's a video of all the times GOP Senate candidate John James was caught in public not wearing a mask - Detroit Metro Times - October 8th, 2020
- Ohio State has a BOOMING recruiting weekend - Land-Grant Holy Land - October 8th, 2020
- ZWALD For Polly Anna - We All Want Someone To Shout For - October 8th, 2020
- AC/DC Announces New Album 'Power Up' & Shares 'Shot In The Dark' Single - JamBase - October 8th, 2020
- Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access preview: A perfect playground to push Larian's RPG to its narrative limits - GamesRadar+ - October 8th, 2020
- High school golfers lose federal case over virus rules that kept them from D-10 tourney - GoErie.com - October 8th, 2020
- Black History Month: Are these the 10 most influential black musicians of all time? - Radio X - October 8th, 2020
- Live Stream Review: Philly Music Fest Day One Featuring Japanese Breakfast, The Districts, and More - mxdwn.com - October 4th, 2020
- Arizona Zervas / The Success Of Roxanne & Staying In His Own Lane - Flaunt Magazine - October 4th, 2020
- Roman Reigns Open To Facing CM Punk: Hed Probably Need To Be Slapped Around A Few Times - Fightful - October 4th, 2020
- Statue of Liberty-sized space rock among FIVE headed towards Earth warns NASA - RT - October 4th, 2020
- Drive In Events Proving Popular in Newton Aycliffe - Durham Magazine - September 2nd, 2020
- 4 Viral Beauty Moments Of Erica Fernandes That Broke The Internet - IWMBuzz - September 2nd, 2020
- Is this one better than the original? - Insights News - September 2nd, 2020
- 'High Fidelity' Season 2 Would Have Focused on Cherise - Decider - September 2nd, 2020
- The 20 best rock albums of 1977 - Louder - September 2nd, 2020
- Plotting the path through the energy transition - Hydrocarbon Engineering - September 2nd, 2020
- JIMI HENDRIX And JOHN BONHAM - Two New Books Celebrate The Lives And Music Of Late Rock Legends - bravewords.com - September 2nd, 2020
- The HoopsHype Weekly: Ranking the Top 10 players in the 2020 NBA playoffs so far - Hoops Hype - September 2nd, 2020
- Planning Commission Very Divided on URP Proposal, but Does Barely Support Approval - The Peoples Vanguard of Davis - August 31st, 2020
- When Katrina Kaif Went Flirty Chic in Some Bright Florals, Ruffles and a Whole Lot of Cakes! - Report Door - August 31st, 2020
- Here are some Scottish locations that might suit PM's taste for adventure - The National - August 10th, 2020
- How to rock all types of womens leather jackets like a pro - Business MattersBusiness Matters - August 10th, 2020
- Murs and Slug Surprise Release First New Felt Album in Over 10 Years Felt 4 U - mxdwn.com - August 10th, 2020
- PM must remember we're doing lockdown differently on Scotland visit - The National - August 9th, 2020
- Bon Iver enlists Springsteen and nods to Minneapolis homeless charity on new single - Minneapolis Star Tribune - August 9th, 2020
- This August, TV ventures through The Swamp, Lovecraft Country, and the Lower Decks of Star Trek - The A.V. Club - August 9th, 2020
- Once an Outlaw to perform at Wildcat Inn Aug. 20 - Conway Daily Sun - August 8th, 2020
- Pedestrian killed by car driven by K-pop boy band 2AM's Seulong in Seoul - Manila Bulletin - August 8th, 2020
- WWE news: Who were the best Superstars in the 2000s? - GIVEMESPORT - August 7th, 2020
- Online Banking Industry Global Forecast by Products, Applications, Distribution Channels, Form, Regions, Company Analysis - Market Research Posts - August 4th, 2020
- Internet Banking Market 2020 New Techniques, Research Analysis, Treatment Types, Latest Trends, Regional Demand and Forecast Outlook 2025 - Market... - August 4th, 2020
- Battered by Covid-19, the fishing industry nervously awaits Brexit outcome - Irish Examiner - August 3rd, 2020
- Dingdong Dantes honors mom, wife and the Creator on his 40th b-day - Manila Bulletin - August 3rd, 2020
- This is the day: SB19 finally drops debut album 'Get in the Zone' - Manila Bulletin - August 3rd, 2020
- Watch Skip Marley And The School Of Rock All-Stars Perform Bob Marleys Three Little Birds - uDiscover Music - August 2nd, 2020
- Girls soccer gets ready to take the field again - Sedona Red Rock News - August 2nd, 2020
- Tracks of the Week #113 - God Is In The TV - August 2nd, 2020
- The untold truth of Castle Rock - Looper - August 2nd, 2020
- Finally Today's Tim arrives in virus-free holiday haven - Noosa News - July 31st, 2020
- Vessel detained near Rockall was allegedly involved in another confrontation off Scotland - Irish Examiner - July 30th, 2020
- From 'Hip Hop Hooray' to 'YMCA,' the untold stories of Jock Jams, 25 years later - ESPN - July 30th, 2020
- BILLECK: Hellebuyck snubbed when it comes to Hart, even if he doesn't think so - Winnipeg Sun - July 29th, 2020
- The 53 Best Things to Do in Seattle This Weekend: July 24-26, 2020 - TheStranger.com - July 29th, 2020
- Meet REDSIX, the Indonesian band crafting addictive, pop-punk classics - Happy - July 28th, 2020
- Were the Rolling Stones Better in the '60s or '70s? Roundtable - Ultimate Classic Rock - July 28th, 2020
- There's no plaice like home: Why we should be eating British fish - The Conservative Woman - July 28th, 2020
- Douglas County Fair and Rodeo lives on with your safety top-of-mind July 30 Aug. 2 - The Know - July 28th, 2020
- 40 years of Back In Black: a celebration of AC/DC's hard rock opus - Mixdown - July 28th, 2020
- Felix The Reaper review - "Lots of love, not enough game" - Pocket Gamer - July 28th, 2020
- In praise of the masked man - Winnipeg Free Press - July 26th, 2020
- The Outer Worlds: Perils of Gorgon Interview - Talking Storytelling, Inspiration, and Freedom with Matt Hansen & Carrie Patel - RPG Site - July 26th, 2020
- "The follow through decides where it's going to go" - Kick it like Matty Forde - SportsJOE.ie - July 25th, 2020
- From 'Hip Hop Hooray' to 'YMCA,' the untold stories of Jock Jams, 25 years later - ESPN Philippines - July 25th, 2020