DILLON The Summit Chamber of Commerce is spearheading an effort to launch a COVID-19 relief strategy, called the Summit Strategic Economic Recovery Team, which aims to assist residents and businesses through the current economic pause and in the aftermath of the public health crisis.
The team will focus on five areas to navigate the current economy and provide aid: federal programs, state programs, local initiatives, private business efforts and individual support, according to a news release from the chamber.
The group will attempt to make new programs or initiatives easier for the public to understand by translating opportunities and pulling information together to create a single resource guide. The team also plans to provide assistance to businesses by advocating for Summit County to the state and federal governments based on the economic nature of the county.
Blair McGary, executive director of the Summit Chamber of Commerce, said the team is attempting to create a more centralized focus of economic efforts.
Were so fortunate here in Summit County to have such strong towns, McGary said.Theyre doing great work in their business communities but it leaves a gap for the rest of the county.
McGary pointed out that Summit County doesnt have an economic development council and that one of the long-term goals of the team is to create one. However, the short-term goal is to help people wade through the resources currently available.
The goal is to really be the hub of new information thats coming out and to really translate that information for our community, McGary said.
McGary said she anticipates the new resource will publish in the next day or two. She added that the chamber is working to disseminate information to state legislators.
We see it as our role to be the middleman to speak to our state legislators about what are the holes in some of these stimulus packages right now, McGary said. Once we open up again, the conversation then turns to recovery.
After recovery, McGary said the third phase is transitioning the team into acting as a type of economic development council to be in place for years to come. While Summit Countys economy is largely tourism driven, she hopes the team will help the local economy diversify and be more resilient to future downturns.
The take home is, this is a very tough time for our community, and if anything, we can see it as an opportunity to build ourselves up to make us more resilient, McGary said.
The towns of Blue River, Breckenridge, Dillon, Frisco and Silverthorne along with the Summit County government, The Summit Foundation and the Summit Prosperity Initiative have all committed to collaborating on this effort, according to the release.
The town of Frisco, which started its own strategic economic response team in March, hopes to bring some experience to the chambers initiative, according to Frisco spokeswoman Vanessa Agee, who said Frisco will provide a representative for the team.
The town of Frisco is committed to being a positive force in this countywide collaborative effort, and that will guide our participation, Agee wrote in an email.
Breckenridge spokeswoman Haley Littleton said the town also will assign someone to represent Breckenridge in the group. Blue River spokeswoman Michelle Eddy said that since Blue River does not have any businesses, the towns role will be one of support.
Silverthorne spokeswoman Kim Jardim explained that certain staff have been assigned to coordinate with the chamber, as well as other local jurisdictions, to assist local businesses as much as possible. The town has tasked Arts & Culture Manager Sydney Schwab to act as the business recovery liaison.
The town of Silverthorne is committed to standing by our businesses and helping connect them with available resources as this emergency situation continues, Schwab wrote in an email.
The Summit Chamber of Commerce is also asking that private businesses, nonprofits and individuals who have a background in economic development and an interest in the teams efforts contribute to the initiative. Those who are interested should email McGary at email@example.com.
Read the rest here:
- Govt must rescue and revive mining sector to boost economic recovery - The Financial Express - July 10th, 2020
- Room for more fiscal support in India in near term given severity of economic situation: IMF - Economic Times - July 10th, 2020
- Africa's economy will recover slower than expected - IMF - Quartz Africa - July 10th, 2020
- The Oil Price Crash: Will the Kremlin's Policies Change? - Russia Matters - July 10th, 2020
- Is nature conservation, a drain or a net contributor to global economy? Experts weigh in - Philippine Information Agency - July 10th, 2020
- Don't Compete. Create looks at diversifying the economy - Trinidad News - July 10th, 2020
- ASEAN delves into economics of conserving biodiversity - Philippine Information Agency - July 10th, 2020
- Mining Weekly Infrastructure at core of business' R3.4-trillion economic recovery proposal - Creamer Media's Mining Weekly - July 10th, 2020
- Canada joins Global Ocean Alliance: Advocates for protecting 30 per cent of the world's ocean by 2030 - Canada NewsWire - July 10th, 2020
- Putting Together all the Pieces of the Sustainable Cooling-For-All Puzzle - R744.com - July 10th, 2020
- Andrew McAfee and the Myth of America's Green Growth - Foreign Policy - June 22nd, 2020
- Investing in public education worldwide is now more important than ever - Brookings Institution - June 22nd, 2020
- Point of Care (POC) Molecular Diagnostics Market Worth $2.39 Billion by 2027, Growing at a CAGR of 13.2% from 2019- Pre and Post COVID-19 Market... - June 22nd, 2020
- Why the real climate change fight is in Saskatchewan - Policy Options - June 22nd, 2020
- The power of supply chains and the circular economy - IT-Online - June 22nd, 2020
- Great Plains College Opening Limited Hand-on Training This Summer - SwiftCurrentOnline.com - June 21st, 2020
- Skilled response: Skilling can be a way out of the current economic crisis - The Financial Express - June 21st, 2020
- The Greater Bay Area: Integration, Differentiation and Regenerative Ecologies - ArchDaily - June 21st, 2020
- Predictions for Utilities in 2020 - Transmission & Distribution World - June 21st, 2020
- Dow Sets Targets to Reduce GHG Emissions, Stop Plastic Waste, and Drive Toward a Circular Economy - CSRwire.com - June 21st, 2020
- Canadian Mining Symposium closes with panel discussion on mining in the Yukon featuring the Deputy Premier, the Hon. Ranj Pillai - The Northern Miner - June 21st, 2020
- Gender economist Katica Roy: How to create a workplace that truly values Black women - NBC News - June 21st, 2020
- Tax reform is the key to creating fiscal space - The Daily Star - June 21st, 2020
- Ministers of 'Belt and Road Initiative' issue joint statement on combating COVID-19 - WAM EN - June 21st, 2020
- Environmental Peacebuilding in the Middle East: The Bridge Between Climate and Conflict - The McGill International Review - June 21st, 2020
- Future of the Forests : As the Nantahala and Pisgah national forests face a historic turning point, the planners are impassioned and the stakes are... - June 19th, 2020
- Indonesia 2020: Total Hospital & Medical Installed Base Mapping with COVID-19 Updates - Less Than 5% of the Total Beds in the Country Equipped to... - June 19th, 2020
- Groundswell Startups Partners with StarterStudio to Bring Idea & Build Stage Startup Programming to Brevard - SpaceCoastDaily.com - June 19th, 2020
- Vatican document on integral ecology: Safeguarding Creation is everyone's responsibility - Vatican News - June 19th, 2020
- A year of good and affordable kai in Papatoetoe - OurAuckland - June 19th, 2020
- Opinion: To kick-start Alberta's return to the global economy, we need to think local first - The Globe and Mail - May 16th, 2020
- Working to find more opportunities to diversify economy | Opinions - Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman - May 16th, 2020
- Assam CM asks Numaligarh Refinery to play proactive role in promoting agro-based economy - Economic Times - May 16th, 2020
- In a Post-COVID-19 World, the Only One Way Ahead for India Is Economic Federalism - The Wire - May 16th, 2020
- Jitters, optimism with Gov. Bakers plan to reopen economy during the coronavirus pandemic - Milford Daily News - May 16th, 2020
- How To Avoid 'Revenge Pollution' While Reviving the Economy - Earth911.com - May 16th, 2020
- COVID-19 is a Budget Challenge for StatesBut There Are Solutions - The Pew Charitable Trusts - May 16th, 2020
- COVID-19 Crisis: Understanding the State of Economy during and after the Lockdown - Economic and Political Weekly - May 16th, 2020
- Healthy Oceans: Keeping Asia and The Pacific Afloat - Jakarta Globe - May 16th, 2020
- Northern Dynasty Minerals: Alaska's Pebble Project Approaches Key Permitting Milestone As COVID-19 And Collapsing Oil Prices Threaten State's Economy,... - May 16th, 2020
- Should Sierra Leoneans be pawns on the SLPP-APC political chessboard? A Rejoinder - Sierra Leone Telegraph - May 16th, 2020
- ADA provides COVID-19 update in first-of-its-kind press conference to dental media - Dentistry IQ - May 16th, 2020
- In light of the pandemic, government's policies and programmes target social sector - The Kathmandu Post - May 16th, 2020
- The future of recycling: 4 experts explain - News - The University of Sydney - May 16th, 2020
- Bright Blue and WSP: Net zero more urgent than ever for government and business - Rail Professional Magazine - May 16th, 2020
- Healthy Oceans Needed To Keep ASEAN Afloat - The Asean Post - May 16th, 2020
- China would be shooting itself in the foot if it bans Australian iron ore - Small Caps - May 16th, 2020
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: City should follow through with lowering taxes in midst of pandemic - Nanaimo News Bulletin - April 27th, 2020
- In the City: Resources and support for local businesses - Coloradoan - April 27th, 2020
- Why there isn't a one-size-fits-all plan for states to reopen their economies - Kiowa County Press - April 27th, 2020
- Absorbing the Shocks or Irreversible Damage? The Impact of COVID-19 on Africas Political Economy - Modern Ghana - April 27th, 2020
- Why States Need to Come up With Their Own Plans to Reopen Their Economies - The National Interest - April 27th, 2020
- Daily life grinds to a halt with empty streets, a rising death toll as coronavirus lays siege to Detroit - MLive.com - April 27th, 2020
- 'We will digitise assets to generate land-based taxes' - Guardian - April 27th, 2020
- Fortuna provides an update on its operations at the Caylloma Mine in Peru - Junior Mining Network - April 27th, 2020
- Thuli Madonsela: What if the poor mattered? - News24 - April 27th, 2020
- COVID-19: Steady Rewind Mode on Global Civilization - THISDAY Newspapers - April 27th, 2020
- Resource Based Economy | The Venus Project - April 26th, 2020
- RESOURCE BASED ECONOMY | Future by Design - April 26th, 2020
- Introduction to a Resource Based Economy - April 26th, 2020
- What is a Resource-Based Economy? | The Venus Project - April 26th, 2020
- Facts adjusts print schedule to adapt to changing economy - Brazosport Facts - April 26th, 2020
- Letter: The Earth can't breathe - Opinion - Columbia Daily Tribune - April 26th, 2020
- Reopening the U.S. economy is like walking a tightrope and Trumps guidelines may be too lax - MarketWatch - April 26th, 2020
- We need a better head start for the next pandemic | VOX, CEPR Policy Portal - voxeu.org - April 26th, 2020
- Free interactive tool launched to help businesses through COVID-19 - GlobeNewswire - April 26th, 2020
- The South's Handling Of Coronavirus Could Be 'A Macabre Game Of Whack-A-Mole' - OPB News - April 26th, 2020
- Why COVID-19 confinement is hitting people with intellectual disabilities hard - World Economic Forum - April 26th, 2020
- The Observer view on the domestic abuse bill failing women trapped in lockdown - The Guardian - April 26th, 2020
- Harmful tweets from high places: Why Is Twitter acting now? - Salon - April 26th, 2020
- Cannabis cultivation could be a key economic driver for reconstruction after Covid-19 - Daily Maverick - April 26th, 2020
- Tom Gordon: Holyrood's finances are out of step with the Covid crisis - HeraldScotland - April 26th, 2020
- They will pay you to take oil off their hands - and panic is deepening COMMENT - Express - April 26th, 2020
- More than a quarter of the US economy is shut down - AL.com - April 7th, 2020
- Elizabeth Warren on coronavirus, the presidency, and the economy - Vox.com - April 7th, 2020
- It is necessary to worry about health, but pessimism about the economy will hurt us - The Conversation AU - April 7th, 2020
- Highways England and the circular economy - New Civil Engineer - April 7th, 2020
- Working Washington Emergency Grants Now Open to Small Businesses in Thurston County Impacted by COVID-19 Crisis - ThurstonTalk - April 7th, 2020
- Culture, Resilience, and Sustainability of the Salish People - State of the Planet - April 7th, 2020
- RJ Corman: From Iron Horses to Race Horses - The Pressbox - April 7th, 2020