We need to learn a new language, said Kevin Camphuis, co-founder of Paris-based business accelerator Shakeup Factory.
Food choices, he explained, were once split between a Latin diet (characterised by an attitude of food meaning pleasure, taste and a social occasion) and the Anglo-Saxon diet (based on the philosophy that food equalled fuel and functionality).
However, there is a new culture of food which is more flexitarian and vegetarian, he said. The values the new generations have towards food is completely different to past generations. These eaters have a fast and casual approach to food, noted Camphuis. They seek food on demand that has health benefits. They are interested in plant-based foods, sustainability and novel ingredients.
"We've been growing, transforming, packaging, selling and eating the same food the same way for 60 years, said Camphuis. And it's over now. There's a new vocabulary that we have to learn that is very different from the previous one.
Whereas consumers traditionally sought two-to-three meals a day and made decisions based on trust, price and functionality, younger eaters demand as much as five-to-seven foods a day and value variety and immediacy.
Rick Miller from market research company Mintel agreed."The generation born after 1995 are questioning more and are less trustworthy of the bigger brands. That mean that smaller artisan brands seem to do better as they're leaner and they can change their business models to reflect consumers growing needs. What sits well with these consumers, he said, are brands that tell a story not just in terms of their product, but what they stand for as a company".
Miller cited the brand Tribe, which makes cereal bars aimed at runners, as an example of a company successfully 'telling a story' to connect with these consumers.
"Their whole business model and premise is based around fuelling from a clean and natural point of view but is also centred around ending modern slavery: its a powerful message and also niche. They're not talking about climate change or their carbon footprint: they're talking about this in particular and they've built and entire community around that."
The younger generation wants to know that brands care, and what they stand for, he continued. "It's not good enough now just to say 'we produce the best boiled sweets on the planet.'"
They also want snacks. "The snackifaction of our culture continues to escalate which may or may not be a good thing for the obesity crisis, noted Miller. We're also getting sportification and the merging of different sectors that were once very distinct. For example a few years ago you never would have seen an average consumer having creatine or Beta-Alanine or even protein supplements. Now you can go into any supermarket and buy a protein dink or a soft drink with cognitive enhancing ingredients, Nootropics and botanicals. The consumer wants more functionality, they want a merging of sectors together.
Interestingly, not all these food trends are being led by younger people. Populations are, after all, ageing dramatically in most developed countries. "We're living longer, but we're spending less years of our lives in good health," said Miller.
As such, consumers will increasingly demand food and beverage innovations offering solutions in areas such as mental alertness, physical resilience and skin reticence.
Meanwhile, Miller presented the tantalising question of what happens when two trends ageing populations and young people and the sustainability agenda meet? "The NHS [the UKs free healthcare system] produces nearly 6% of the UK's greenhouse emissions and wastes 100,000 meals a day in hospitals. Are we going to see the rise of the sustainable patient eventually?
Andres Montefeltro, CEO of Spain-based cultured meat company Cubiq Foods, added: "I think the opportunity here is that they need us to generate a new type of food. We used to say that processed food is bad. And now processed food can become more nutritional, and healthier than natural ones.
Go here to see the original:
- 'Smart drugs' are real here's what's scientifically proven and how to tell if nootropics are right for you - Insider - June 15th, 2021
- Do Brain Supplements Really Improve Focus & Memory? Here's What the Science Says - Yahoo Lifestyle - June 15th, 2021
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market 2021 2027 | Growth Dynamics, Revenue Outlook and Opportunities Forecast Excelerol, Zhou Nutrition, Neurofuse The... - June 15th, 2021
- Gus Kenworthy Joins beam as Global Athlete and Wellness Ambassador and Investor - PRNewswire - June 15th, 2021
- Comprehensive Analysis On Nootropics Market Based On Types And Application Express Keeper - Express Keeper - February 20th, 2021
- Nootropic Products Market Share, Historical Growth, Analysis, Opportunities and Forecast to 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - February 1st, 2021
- The 14 Best Nootropics and Smart Drugs Reviewed - October 19th, 2020
- Buy The Best Nootropics Online Today at Nootropics Depot - October 19th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Size, Share & Growth, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2025 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) -... - October 19th, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market 2020 Estimate CAGR Analysis, Technological Development Overview, Growth Trends and Competitive Research till 2027... - October 19th, 2020
- 'The Biohackers Guide to Getting Things Done In Times of Uncertainty' Episode 1: 'Why You Really Procrastinate' - CT Post - October 19th, 2020
- The best nootropics and what they can do for patient brain health - Chiropractic Economics - September 4th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Report to 2026 Industry Demand Analysis and Current Trend - Bulletin Line - August 10th, 2020
- I chewed brain-boosting nootropic gum for a week straight. Heres how it went - Digital Trends - August 9th, 2020
- 15 Ways Men Can Boost Their Productivity - The Good Men Project - August 6th, 2020
- I chewed brain boosting nootropic gum for a week straight. Heres how it went - Digital Trends - August 3rd, 2020
- Low-Alcohol Drinks Are the Future of Booze - GQ Magazine - August 3rd, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market - What Industry Holds for the Future post Covid? Growth Analysis & Complete Insights 2020 - 2026 - Market Research Posts - July 30th, 2020
- Can happy hour lose the booze? - The Hustle - July 30th, 2020
- Quokka Brew Debuts Jitter Free Coffee that will start your breakfast on the right foot natio ... - Drew Reports News - July 30th, 2020
- Future Growth Of Nootropics Market By New Business Developments, Innovations, And Top Companies Forecast To 2025 - CueReport - July 29th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Projections & Future Opportunities Recorded for the Period until 2027|Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Takeda... - July 29th, 2020
- Impact of Corona on Nootropics Market : What will prove favorable for Nootropics Market? - The Daily Chronicle - July 28th, 2020
- New Study on Global Nootropics Market | Know Which Companies Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of COVID-19:::Nootrobox, Cephalon,... - July 28th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Segmentation By Qualitative And Quantitative Research Incorporating Impact Of Economic and Non-Economic Aspects By 2027 - Owned - July 27th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Potential Growth, Demand by Regions, Types and Analysis of Key Players;Research Forecasts to 2027|Takeda Pharmaceutical... - July 24th, 2020
- Fun Gifts For Technology Lovers--Any Time Of Year! - knue.com - July 24th, 2020
- Zolmitriptan Market Size, Growth Trends, Top Players, Application Potential and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - July 21st, 2020
- Revolutionising the coffee industry - New Food - July 21st, 2020
- USANA (USNA) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance - July 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026... - July 20th, 2020
- USANA (USNA) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance UK - July 20th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 19th, 2020
- Nootropics Manufacturers Profiles, Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up... - July 15th, 2020
- Smart Pills Technology Market Thriving Growth Over Forecast 2020 with Leading Players Proteus Digital Health, Chongqing Jinshan Science &... - July 11th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 11th, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 on Nootropics Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth 2027 with Top Key Players Company1, Company2, Company3, Company4, etc -... - July 11th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Set To Grow At Healthy CAGR Forecast By 2027 With Top Key Players Like Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Cephalon A/S,... - July 11th, 2020
- Simple ways to release workplace stress - Daily Pioneer - July 11th, 2020
- KOIOS nootropic beverages to be distributed through KeHE - food in canada - June 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Market is Expected to Thrive at Impressive CAGR by 2026 & Top Key Players are Accelerated Intelligence Inc., Onnit Labs, Inc., Peak... - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts to 2026 - Jewish Life News - June 18th, 2020
- Need a Boost Working From Home? These Clinically Approved Supplements Can Help. - Greenwich Time - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Key Players, SWOT Analysis, Dynamics, Drivers, Key Indicators and Forecast to 2026 - Personal Injury Bureau UK - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Segmentation, Application, Technology, Analysis Research Report and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Analysis by Size, Share, Top Key Manufacturers, Demand Overview, Regional Outlook And Growth Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 27th, 2020
- 50,000 Entrepreneurs Tell Us How to Avoid Stress and Anxiety - Entrepreneur - April 27th, 2020
- 3 Tested Ways to Achieve High Work Performance and Deep Thinking - Entrepreneur - March 21st, 2020
- Crownhealth, The Premium Vegan Sports Nutrition Producer, Is Proud to Announce the Launch of Their New Organic Energy and Protein Bars - Yahoo Finance - March 21st, 2020
- Polyphenols from grape and blueberry show promise as effective nootropic ingredients - NutraIngredients-usa.com - March 21st, 2020
- Why the New Right Loves Nootropics - The New Republic - March 15th, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Size Detailed Analysis of Current Industry Figures with Forecasts Growth By 2024 - 3rd Watch News - March 15th, 2020
- How The Rich Are Protecting Themselves Against Coronavirus - Forbes - March 15th, 2020
- Sponsored content: Vitafoods Europe 2020 set to drive the global nutraceutical industry forward in the new decade - Nutritional Outlook - March 7th, 2020
- Brain health: The next big trend in functional beverages? - FoodNavigator-USA.com - February 29th, 2020
- 7 Nootropics That Combat Daytime Sleepiness and Boost Energy - The Crypto Coin Discovery - February 29th, 2020
- Would you try hacking your brain to perform better? - VOGUE India - February 29th, 2020
- Artists Mine Data and the Mostly Chilling Implications of AI in 'Uncanny Valley' - KQED - February 29th, 2020
- NOOTROPIC FOODS TO BOOST THE MEMORY DURING EXAMINATION - NewsPatrolling - February 29th, 2020
- Nootropics Expert | The Authority on Nootropic Supplements - January 25th, 2020
- How To Hack Your Brain - Top 6 Nootropics - January 25th, 2020
- Sleep cages and ice baths: The extreme lifestyle of local biohackers - Minneapolis Star Tribune - January 25th, 2020
- Koios canned nootropic drink to be sold in over 10,000 retail locations by 2020 - BeverageDaily.com - December 13th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market To Witness a Healthy Growth During 2020 To 2029 - Trade Examiner - December 13th, 2019
- This drink has the benefits of alcohol, without the hangover - Yahoo Finance - December 13th, 2019
- Nootropics Market: Rapid Increase In The Application Predict By 2029 - True Version - December 13th, 2019
- Tracks of the week reviewed: Lauryn Hill, Grimes, Pet Shop Boys - The Guardian - November 25th, 2019
- These are the food trends youll see taking over Whole Foods in 2020 - Well+Good - October 24th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market Will Grow Over USD 5959 Million By 2024 - Market News Network - October 24th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market Estimated to Reach USD 5959 Million By 2024 - Daily Market Updates - October 1st, 2019
- Magtein Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth during the Forecast Period 2019-2029 - The Tribune City - October 1st, 2019
- What killed Adrian Lamo? - Boing Boing - September 21st, 2019
- Latest Report on Nootropics Market Expects an Extensive Growth in ROI of USD 5959 Million By 2024 - News Hours Today - September 21st, 2019
- Biohacking: The Art and Science of Upgrading the Human Being - Interesting Engineering - September 21st, 2019
- Best Nootropics (Smart Drugs) to Unlock Your True Brain - June 3rd, 2019
- What are Nootropics? | Braintropic - June 3rd, 2019
- Nootropics - reddit - April 29th, 2019
- Best Nootropics 2019 (Updated from 2018) Nootropics Expert - April 29th, 2019