Biohacking, defined as better living though science, technology, and nature, is quickly taking a front seat in the current global growing emerging technology and biotechnology trends. Biohacking is considered a fast track to upgrading one's self.
Biohacking is all about making humans healthier, happier, and stronger with the vision of double humans' potential lifespan. The term Biohacking is relatively new. It was coined by Dave Asprey, founder of Bulletproof Nutrition Inc., author, Silicon Valley investor, technology entrepreneur, and the Father of Biohacking.
According to Dave Asprey's own definition and which was, by the way, incorporated to Merriam Webster's in 2018, Biohacking is the art and science of changing the environment around you and inside you so you have full control over your own biology.
Biohacking is about optimizing human performance. By using science, advanced technologies, and vast amount of data collected by wearables biohackers live up to the promise of an improved health, wellbeing, and nutrition, enhanced productivity and energy levels, improved quality of sleep and optimized physical activity.
Who can resist submitting to the promise of youthful looks and a healthier, longer life? However, there are many things that need to be learned first. To begin with, let's not confuse biohacking with bodyhacking.
Some people tend to confuse biohacking with bodyhacking. They are not the same.
Bodyhacking, has nothing to do with biology or chemistry, for starters. And some biohacking has nothing to do with a human's body. That is pretty much the first differentiator.
Bodyhacking is usually linked to wearable technologies. Some wearables monitor biological or health data. Some other wearables provide Augmented Reality enhancement of the vision; these wearables are currently used by industries such as healthcare and construction. These are examples of bodyhacking, not biohacking.
On the other hand, biohacking is about manipulating the biology of the brain or the body itself in order to enhance performance. Some aspects of biohacking, though, may include bodyhacking as well.
Boosting life expectancy
Boosting their life expectancy can be done by anyone following some simple habits such as following an improved diet that is usually plant based, exercising regularly, no smoking and reducing alcohol consumption, and improving the quality and amount of sleep. Boosting life expectancy sometimes implies a series of lifestyle changes. These are basic steps for anyone who wants to dip their toes in the biohacking world.
Biohacking claims that enhancing and optimizing human performance leads to longevity. Biohackers focus on longevity through everything they do in order to upgrade their life and lifestyle.
Nutrition, stress management, exercising, intermittent fasting, meditation, sleep tracking for an improved sleep, and supplements that are preferably natural and plant based are some of the things that can lead to longevity. Basically, live healthy, live long and prosper.
Cryotherapy is a cold therapy or ice treatment. By bringing the body temperature down at the tissue and cellular level biohackers claim it is possible to achieve therapeutic benefits and increase your metabolism. However, cryotherapy must be supervised by experts since along with the benefits there are also a few side effects and contraindications.
Cryotherapy can involve treatments with cold packs or ice packs to whole chambers.An introductory level of cryotherapy is to take cold showers for three days in a row for 10 seconds letting the shower hit the forehead. According to Dave Asprey, after day four it feels great. This is not something I am willing to try, though.
A version of cryotherapy in Finland is called avanto. This is a common practice in winter, especially alternating with sauna. It involves making a hole in the ice covering a lake and swimming in the frozen waters for a few minutes. Those who do this regularly say that it is invigorating and energizing. A few minutes of sauna and a good cup of hot coffee afterwards bring the temperature up.
Biohackers claim they can strengthen bones in a matter of minutes by using high-tech machines called osteogenic machines, which are based on the science of osteogenic loading. Weight bearing exercises can improve bone health stimulating bone building and preventing or fighting bone loss.
This is based on the theory that it takes four times your body weight to grow and increase your bone density. This is done by high impact loading, which done only once a week for a few minutes, not more than ten with some exercises requiring just a few seconds. That should be more than enough for an optimized training, leaving long hours at the gym in the past.
OsteoStrong in Los Angeles offers a complimentary session for those who wish to learn more about the osteogenic training and try the technique that can strengthen the condition of their body to gain athletic performance.
Nootropics (smart drugs)
Nootropics are cognitive enhancers. They are natural or synthetic substances that may enhance mental skills and divided into three general categories: Dietary supplements, synthetic compounds, and prescription drugs. Supplements for memory boosting are nootropics that are commonly taken by students during exam periods.
People seeking to optimize cognitive function also follow a nutrient-dense diet, learn how to manage their stress, and work on improving their sleep quality. Nootropics are only a supplement that complements the aforementioned.
Dopamine fasting or intermittent fasting
Intermittent fasting is a trend started in Silicon Valley and rapidly expanded to the rest of the world. It can be used for losing weight or to boost brain power and clarity. In Biohacking, it implies improving focus and concentration. Intermittent fasting can boost brain power. According to Dave Asprey, it only takes skipping breakfast and drinking only water, tea, or coffee.
The Biohacking culture has grown so much in the recent few years that dedicated conferences and events are being held around the world. The next Biohacking Summit takes place in Helsinki, Finland in December.
Originally posted here:
- Comprehensive Analysis On Nootropics Market Based On Types And Application Express Keeper - Express Keeper - February 20th, 2021
- Nootropic Products Market Share, Historical Growth, Analysis, Opportunities and Forecast to 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - February 1st, 2021
- The 14 Best Nootropics and Smart Drugs Reviewed - October 19th, 2020
- Buy The Best Nootropics Online Today at Nootropics Depot - October 19th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Size, Share & Growth, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2025 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) -... - October 19th, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market 2020 Estimate CAGR Analysis, Technological Development Overview, Growth Trends and Competitive Research till 2027... - October 19th, 2020
- 'The Biohackers Guide to Getting Things Done In Times of Uncertainty' Episode 1: 'Why You Really Procrastinate' - CT Post - October 19th, 2020
- The best nootropics and what they can do for patient brain health - Chiropractic Economics - September 4th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Report to 2026 Industry Demand Analysis and Current Trend - Bulletin Line - August 10th, 2020
- I chewed brain-boosting nootropic gum for a week straight. Heres how it went - Digital Trends - August 9th, 2020
- 15 Ways Men Can Boost Their Productivity - The Good Men Project - August 6th, 2020
- I chewed brain boosting nootropic gum for a week straight. Heres how it went - Digital Trends - August 3rd, 2020
- Low-Alcohol Drinks Are the Future of Booze - GQ Magazine - August 3rd, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market - What Industry Holds for the Future post Covid? Growth Analysis & Complete Insights 2020 - 2026 - Market Research Posts - July 30th, 2020
- Can happy hour lose the booze? - The Hustle - July 30th, 2020
- Quokka Brew Debuts Jitter Free Coffee that will start your breakfast on the right foot natio ... - Drew Reports News - July 30th, 2020
- Future Growth Of Nootropics Market By New Business Developments, Innovations, And Top Companies Forecast To 2025 - CueReport - July 29th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Projections & Future Opportunities Recorded for the Period until 2027|Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Takeda... - July 29th, 2020
- Impact of Corona on Nootropics Market : What will prove favorable for Nootropics Market? - The Daily Chronicle - July 28th, 2020
- New Study on Global Nootropics Market | Know Which Companies Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of COVID-19:::Nootrobox, Cephalon,... - July 28th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Segmentation By Qualitative And Quantitative Research Incorporating Impact Of Economic and Non-Economic Aspects By 2027 - Owned - July 27th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Potential Growth, Demand by Regions, Types and Analysis of Key Players;Research Forecasts to 2027|Takeda Pharmaceutical... - July 24th, 2020
- Fun Gifts For Technology Lovers--Any Time Of Year! - knue.com - July 24th, 2020
- Zolmitriptan Market Size, Growth Trends, Top Players, Application Potential and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - July 21st, 2020
- Revolutionising the coffee industry - New Food - July 21st, 2020
- USANA (USNA) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance - July 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026... - July 20th, 2020
- USANA (USNA) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance UK - July 20th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 19th, 2020
- Nootropics Manufacturers Profiles, Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up... - July 15th, 2020
- Smart Pills Technology Market Thriving Growth Over Forecast 2020 with Leading Players Proteus Digital Health, Chongqing Jinshan Science &... - July 11th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 11th, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 on Nootropics Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth 2027 with Top Key Players Company1, Company2, Company3, Company4, etc -... - July 11th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Set To Grow At Healthy CAGR Forecast By 2027 With Top Key Players Like Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Cephalon A/S,... - July 11th, 2020
- Simple ways to release workplace stress - Daily Pioneer - July 11th, 2020
- KOIOS nootropic beverages to be distributed through KeHE - food in canada - June 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Market is Expected to Thrive at Impressive CAGR by 2026 & Top Key Players are Accelerated Intelligence Inc., Onnit Labs, Inc., Peak... - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts to 2026 - Jewish Life News - June 18th, 2020
- Need a Boost Working From Home? These Clinically Approved Supplements Can Help. - Greenwich Time - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Key Players, SWOT Analysis, Dynamics, Drivers, Key Indicators and Forecast to 2026 - Personal Injury Bureau UK - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Segmentation, Application, Technology, Analysis Research Report and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Analysis by Size, Share, Top Key Manufacturers, Demand Overview, Regional Outlook And Growth Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 27th, 2020
- 50,000 Entrepreneurs Tell Us How to Avoid Stress and Anxiety - Entrepreneur - April 27th, 2020
- 3 Tested Ways to Achieve High Work Performance and Deep Thinking - Entrepreneur - March 21st, 2020
- Crownhealth, The Premium Vegan Sports Nutrition Producer, Is Proud to Announce the Launch of Their New Organic Energy and Protein Bars - Yahoo Finance - March 21st, 2020
- Polyphenols from grape and blueberry show promise as effective nootropic ingredients - NutraIngredients-usa.com - March 21st, 2020
- Why the New Right Loves Nootropics - The New Republic - March 15th, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Size Detailed Analysis of Current Industry Figures with Forecasts Growth By 2024 - 3rd Watch News - March 15th, 2020
- How The Rich Are Protecting Themselves Against Coronavirus - Forbes - March 15th, 2020
- Sponsored content: Vitafoods Europe 2020 set to drive the global nutraceutical industry forward in the new decade - Nutritional Outlook - March 7th, 2020
- Brain health: The next big trend in functional beverages? - FoodNavigator-USA.com - February 29th, 2020
- 7 Nootropics That Combat Daytime Sleepiness and Boost Energy - The Crypto Coin Discovery - February 29th, 2020
- Would you try hacking your brain to perform better? - VOGUE India - February 29th, 2020
- Artists Mine Data and the Mostly Chilling Implications of AI in 'Uncanny Valley' - KQED - February 29th, 2020
- NOOTROPIC FOODS TO BOOST THE MEMORY DURING EXAMINATION - NewsPatrolling - February 29th, 2020
- Nootropics Expert | The Authority on Nootropic Supplements - January 25th, 2020
- How To Hack Your Brain - Top 6 Nootropics - January 25th, 2020
- Sleep cages and ice baths: The extreme lifestyle of local biohackers - Minneapolis Star Tribune - January 25th, 2020
- Koios canned nootropic drink to be sold in over 10,000 retail locations by 2020 - BeverageDaily.com - December 13th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market To Witness a Healthy Growth During 2020 To 2029 - Trade Examiner - December 13th, 2019
- This drink has the benefits of alcohol, without the hangover - Yahoo Finance - December 13th, 2019
- Nootropics Market: Rapid Increase In The Application Predict By 2029 - True Version - December 13th, 2019
- Flexitarianism may save the planet -- but it's killed the traditional European diet - FoodNavigator.com - December 13th, 2019
- Tracks of the week reviewed: Lauryn Hill, Grimes, Pet Shop Boys - The Guardian - November 25th, 2019
- These are the food trends youll see taking over Whole Foods in 2020 - Well+Good - October 24th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market Will Grow Over USD 5959 Million By 2024 - Market News Network - October 24th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market Estimated to Reach USD 5959 Million By 2024 - Daily Market Updates - October 1st, 2019
- Magtein Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth during the Forecast Period 2019-2029 - The Tribune City - October 1st, 2019
- What killed Adrian Lamo? - Boing Boing - September 21st, 2019
- Latest Report on Nootropics Market Expects an Extensive Growth in ROI of USD 5959 Million By 2024 - News Hours Today - September 21st, 2019
- Best Nootropics (Smart Drugs) to Unlock Your True Brain - June 3rd, 2019
- What are Nootropics? | Braintropic - June 3rd, 2019
- Nootropics - reddit - April 29th, 2019
- Best Nootropics 2019 (Updated from 2018) Nootropics Expert - April 29th, 2019
- What are "Nootropics"? - Smart Drug Smarts - April 20th, 2019
- Nootropics r/Nootropics - reddit - April 6th, 2019
- The Complete Introduction To Nootropics, From Beginner To Expert - April 6th, 2019
- The Big List of Nootropics | Braintropic - April 6th, 2019