April23, 20208 min read
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
The following article is written byBen Angel,author of thebook,Unstoppable: A 90-Day Plan to Biohack Your Mind and Body for Success.Buy it now from Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | IndieBound. And be sure to orderThe Unstoppable Journal, the only journal of its kind based on neuroscience, psychology and biohacking to help you reach your goals.
Our team recentlysurveyed more than 50,000 entrepreneurs to see what was keeping them from becoming peak performers, and the results were staggering. The majority were not only overly depressed, stressedand overwhelmed, but they also suffered from various gastrointestinal disorders and were getting poor sleep. At the same time, most of them felt anxious and failed to exercise a minimum of five days a week.
According to the latest research from the American Institute of Stress, the most chronic physical symptoms of stress are fatigue, headachesand upset stomach. These should be our first red flags telling us we have to discontinue on the path to ruin. But sadly, most of us punch on through andtake an over-the-counter drug to deaden the symptoms, not understanding what its doing to our bodies in the long run.
If I could give one piece of advice to everyone, it's to take symptoms of stress seriously and begin to listen to your body and its needs.
This isnt all doom and gloom; there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Below are proven strategies that can help you take back the years youve lost and become the person you were meant to be. And along the way, you might evendiscover more about you and how your journey will be different from anyone else's.
Related: 5 Ways to Ease Anxiety and Fear Right Now (Video)
It seems intuitive to move your body when youve been sitting in front of your computer for eighthours straight or troubleshooting issues into the late hours. Still,trends are showing that we find ourselves more and more distracted from any healthy activity.
Studies from Scripps Health show our screen time has increased to approximately 11 hours a day! That means our eyes and minds are plugged in and tuned out for most of our waking life. We understand the distinct negative factors like blue light affecting sleep and causing eye strain; however, the Scripps study found the gray matter in the brain, the part that grows new synapses when we experience new knowledge or information, is atrophying. We need physical and emotional experiences to keep our gray matter healthy.
Some of you reading this will want to jump-start your exercise regimen with an intense program, which is beneficial. However, what if you lack the energy to do so? There are activities you can build into your week that can make a difference. Taking 10,000 steps in your day can not only burn off caloriesbut give your brain and body the necessary reset it needs to decompress from stress.
If youre ready to ramp things up, thenHigh-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) could be for you. It'sbecome a popular science-based fitness program with thousands of at-home video routines ranging from sevenminutes to longer than half an hour, all touting benefits that last longer than the workout itself. Its based on studies that show that when the body is put through intense spurts of energy in a relatively short amount of time, with quick recovery times, the activity triggers your metabolism and keeps it burning for hours after youve completed the set. With most people saying that time is the reason they cant exercise, HIIT seems to be their answer.
You can find hundreds of apps online that help you meditate and recenter your mind. However, did you know you can also do active meditation, which can give you the same effects? Active meditation is doing an activity without judging it. This could be as simple as going for a walk, washing the dishes, coloring or something more strenuous likebiking, rowing or running. As long as youre focused on your breath, not judging or putting thought into the activity, your brain will turn off the amygdala, or center of emotions, to help it calm down and find peace.
Journaling can do the same thing as meditation. People who journal daily report less stress and find more creativity. Journaling also helps to set goals and organize thoughts. (You can learn more about the journal I designed that factors in both psychology and biochemistry so you are optimized for peak physical and mental well-being right here.)
Nootropics are supplements and other substances that may improve cognitive function mainly executive functions, memory, creativity or motivation in healthy individuals. You may be familiar with several of them already, like caffeine, ashwagandhaand L-theanine. There are many more that can help boost your brain function, giving you more cognitive energy and drive. Qualia, for instances,is creating quality stacksof nootropics for various cognitive needs.
If there was one thing that really jumped outin the survey, it was more than 61 percent of respondents saying they crave carbohydrates.Its the first go-to food we want when we become stressed. Cutting out refined carbohydrates for more complex carbohydrates like dark green vegetables, and ridding our diet of sugar, can reset your bodys inflammation to more manageable levels.
Our survey demonstrated many signs of inflammatory markers:
Forty-sevenpercentsuffer from any of the following two or more times per week, i.e.constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, bloating, etc.
Thirty-four percenthave chronic pain.
Fifty-seven percent feel chronic fatigue.
Seventy percent feel anxious.
Why do we need to know if our body is inflamed? Inflammation is the first telltale sign that your body is fighting an underlying stressor that may cause damage if unexamined. The five established signs of inflammation are heat, pain, redness, swellingand loss of function. Most people run to the drugstore to find something to ease the symptoms without ever looking more in-depth into why they are suffering in the first place.
According to Scripps Health, The most common way to measure inflammation is to conduct a blood test for C-reactive protein (hs-CRP), which is a marker of inflammation. Doctors also measure homocysteine levels to evaluate chronic inflammation. Finally, physicians test for HbA1C a measurement of blood sugar to assess damage to red blood cells.
Now we have ways to test for these inflammatory markers in the privacy of your own home, and often less expensive than having to go to a lab or doctor. You can find home-testing kits online (more about those below) that can detect most inflammatory markers. However, you will need a doctor to go over the results and find the necessary protocol.
Home-testing kits are becoming more widely used in functional-medicine circles, helping patients get precise data on the causation to their acute and chronic illnesses. By being able to do many types of medical-grade tests within the comfort of your home, keeping costs to a minimum, patients can send their functional-medicine doctors their results, at which point acomprehensive and personalized protocol can be put into place.
Many of our symptoms are due to deficiencies in essential minerals and vitamins, hormonal and dietary changes and food sensitivitives. Home-test kits can help you learn what youre deficient in.
Related: 4 Ways to Boost Your Immunse System
The bottom line is, we shouldnt have to get to these staggering results to change. By embracing what others have gone through before us, we can create a new paradigm shift in our health and well-being to take on our goals and dreams.
Visitwww.areyouunstoppable.comand take your free60-second online quiz now. By answering a series of simple questions, my software will analyze your results and provide you with a comprehensive report that will indicate your identity type and lead you to the tools and tips you need to close that gap between who you are and who you could be.Take the quiz to get started!
See the rest here:
- 'Smart drugs' are real here's what's scientifically proven and how to tell if nootropics are right for you - Insider - June 15th, 2021
- Do Brain Supplements Really Improve Focus & Memory? Here's What the Science Says - Yahoo Lifestyle - June 15th, 2021
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market 2021 2027 | Growth Dynamics, Revenue Outlook and Opportunities Forecast Excelerol, Zhou Nutrition, Neurofuse The... - June 15th, 2021
- Gus Kenworthy Joins beam as Global Athlete and Wellness Ambassador and Investor - PRNewswire - June 15th, 2021
- Comprehensive Analysis On Nootropics Market Based On Types And Application Express Keeper - Express Keeper - February 20th, 2021
- Nootropic Products Market Share, Historical Growth, Analysis, Opportunities and Forecast to 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - February 1st, 2021
- The 14 Best Nootropics and Smart Drugs Reviewed - October 19th, 2020
- Buy The Best Nootropics Online Today at Nootropics Depot - October 19th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Size, Share & Growth, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2025 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) -... - October 19th, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market 2020 Estimate CAGR Analysis, Technological Development Overview, Growth Trends and Competitive Research till 2027... - October 19th, 2020
- 'The Biohackers Guide to Getting Things Done In Times of Uncertainty' Episode 1: 'Why You Really Procrastinate' - CT Post - October 19th, 2020
- The best nootropics and what they can do for patient brain health - Chiropractic Economics - September 4th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Report to 2026 Industry Demand Analysis and Current Trend - Bulletin Line - August 10th, 2020
- I chewed brain-boosting nootropic gum for a week straight. Heres how it went - Digital Trends - August 9th, 2020
- 15 Ways Men Can Boost Their Productivity - The Good Men Project - August 6th, 2020
- I chewed brain boosting nootropic gum for a week straight. Heres how it went - Digital Trends - August 3rd, 2020
- Low-Alcohol Drinks Are the Future of Booze - GQ Magazine - August 3rd, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market - What Industry Holds for the Future post Covid? Growth Analysis & Complete Insights 2020 - 2026 - Market Research Posts - July 30th, 2020
- Can happy hour lose the booze? - The Hustle - July 30th, 2020
- Quokka Brew Debuts Jitter Free Coffee that will start your breakfast on the right foot natio ... - Drew Reports News - July 30th, 2020
- Future Growth Of Nootropics Market By New Business Developments, Innovations, And Top Companies Forecast To 2025 - CueReport - July 29th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Projections & Future Opportunities Recorded for the Period until 2027|Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Takeda... - July 29th, 2020
- Impact of Corona on Nootropics Market : What will prove favorable for Nootropics Market? - The Daily Chronicle - July 28th, 2020
- New Study on Global Nootropics Market | Know Which Companies Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of COVID-19:::Nootrobox, Cephalon,... - July 28th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Segmentation By Qualitative And Quantitative Research Incorporating Impact Of Economic and Non-Economic Aspects By 2027 - Owned - July 27th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Potential Growth, Demand by Regions, Types and Analysis of Key Players;Research Forecasts to 2027|Takeda Pharmaceutical... - July 24th, 2020
- Fun Gifts For Technology Lovers--Any Time Of Year! - knue.com - July 24th, 2020
- Zolmitriptan Market Size, Growth Trends, Top Players, Application Potential and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - July 21st, 2020
- Revolutionising the coffee industry - New Food - July 21st, 2020
- USANA (USNA) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance - July 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026... - July 20th, 2020
- USANA (USNA) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance UK - July 20th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 19th, 2020
- Nootropics Manufacturers Profiles, Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up... - July 15th, 2020
- Smart Pills Technology Market Thriving Growth Over Forecast 2020 with Leading Players Proteus Digital Health, Chongqing Jinshan Science &... - July 11th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 11th, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 on Nootropics Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth 2027 with Top Key Players Company1, Company2, Company3, Company4, etc -... - July 11th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Set To Grow At Healthy CAGR Forecast By 2027 With Top Key Players Like Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Cephalon A/S,... - July 11th, 2020
- Simple ways to release workplace stress - Daily Pioneer - July 11th, 2020
- KOIOS nootropic beverages to be distributed through KeHE - food in canada - June 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Market is Expected to Thrive at Impressive CAGR by 2026 & Top Key Players are Accelerated Intelligence Inc., Onnit Labs, Inc., Peak... - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts to 2026 - Jewish Life News - June 18th, 2020
- Need a Boost Working From Home? These Clinically Approved Supplements Can Help. - Greenwich Time - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Key Players, SWOT Analysis, Dynamics, Drivers, Key Indicators and Forecast to 2026 - Personal Injury Bureau UK - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Segmentation, Application, Technology, Analysis Research Report and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Analysis by Size, Share, Top Key Manufacturers, Demand Overview, Regional Outlook And Growth Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 27th, 2020
- 3 Tested Ways to Achieve High Work Performance and Deep Thinking - Entrepreneur - March 21st, 2020
- Crownhealth, The Premium Vegan Sports Nutrition Producer, Is Proud to Announce the Launch of Their New Organic Energy and Protein Bars - Yahoo Finance - March 21st, 2020
- Polyphenols from grape and blueberry show promise as effective nootropic ingredients - NutraIngredients-usa.com - March 21st, 2020
- Why the New Right Loves Nootropics - The New Republic - March 15th, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Size Detailed Analysis of Current Industry Figures with Forecasts Growth By 2024 - 3rd Watch News - March 15th, 2020
- How The Rich Are Protecting Themselves Against Coronavirus - Forbes - March 15th, 2020
- Sponsored content: Vitafoods Europe 2020 set to drive the global nutraceutical industry forward in the new decade - Nutritional Outlook - March 7th, 2020
- Brain health: The next big trend in functional beverages? - FoodNavigator-USA.com - February 29th, 2020
- 7 Nootropics That Combat Daytime Sleepiness and Boost Energy - The Crypto Coin Discovery - February 29th, 2020
- Would you try hacking your brain to perform better? - VOGUE India - February 29th, 2020
- Artists Mine Data and the Mostly Chilling Implications of AI in 'Uncanny Valley' - KQED - February 29th, 2020
- NOOTROPIC FOODS TO BOOST THE MEMORY DURING EXAMINATION - NewsPatrolling - February 29th, 2020
- Nootropics Expert | The Authority on Nootropic Supplements - January 25th, 2020
- How To Hack Your Brain - Top 6 Nootropics - January 25th, 2020
- Sleep cages and ice baths: The extreme lifestyle of local biohackers - Minneapolis Star Tribune - January 25th, 2020
- Koios canned nootropic drink to be sold in over 10,000 retail locations by 2020 - BeverageDaily.com - December 13th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market To Witness a Healthy Growth During 2020 To 2029 - Trade Examiner - December 13th, 2019
- This drink has the benefits of alcohol, without the hangover - Yahoo Finance - December 13th, 2019
- Nootropics Market: Rapid Increase In The Application Predict By 2029 - True Version - December 13th, 2019
- Flexitarianism may save the planet -- but it's killed the traditional European diet - FoodNavigator.com - December 13th, 2019
- Tracks of the week reviewed: Lauryn Hill, Grimes, Pet Shop Boys - The Guardian - November 25th, 2019
- These are the food trends youll see taking over Whole Foods in 2020 - Well+Good - October 24th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market Will Grow Over USD 5959 Million By 2024 - Market News Network - October 24th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market Estimated to Reach USD 5959 Million By 2024 - Daily Market Updates - October 1st, 2019
- Magtein Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth during the Forecast Period 2019-2029 - The Tribune City - October 1st, 2019
- What killed Adrian Lamo? - Boing Boing - September 21st, 2019
- Latest Report on Nootropics Market Expects an Extensive Growth in ROI of USD 5959 Million By 2024 - News Hours Today - September 21st, 2019
- Biohacking: The Art and Science of Upgrading the Human Being - Interesting Engineering - September 21st, 2019
- Best Nootropics (Smart Drugs) to Unlock Your True Brain - June 3rd, 2019
- What are Nootropics? | Braintropic - June 3rd, 2019
- Nootropics - reddit - April 29th, 2019
- Best Nootropics 2019 (Updated from 2018) Nootropics Expert - April 29th, 2019