We all know that there are only so many hours in the day and it is essential to make the most of your time. With this in mind, it is important to work smarter or put more hours into your daily goals. For the vast majority of us, we would all prefer to work smarter.
Believe it or not, it is not that hard to be more productive at work, however, it does require you to be more specific about how you manage your time. Today we are going to walk through 15 simple strategies that will increase your overall productivity at work.
Many of us believe we are pretty good at understanding how much time we spend on a specific task. However, it is estimated that only about 17% of people accurately estimate the amount of time they spend on specific tasks. Tools such as Rescue Time, Harvest, and others allow you to accurately understand how much time you spend on daily tasks such as various apps, word processing, emails and social media.
While it may sound counter-intuitive, regular breaks help to improve your overall concentration. Research is shown that short breaks throughout the day help to maintain a consistent level of performance, whereas working with outbreaks leads to a decline in performance.
These tips are just a few that will help you learn to work smarter and not harder. By making small changes in your daily work life you will find that you are more productive and happier and this, of course, will make its way to your personal life as well.
We all tend to believe that stress is a bad thing and for the most part it is. However, self-imposed stress helps to maintain focus and allow us to meet our goals. Whenever you are faced with an open-ended task or project, create a deadline and stick to it. More than likely youll discover you are much more focused while you have one eye watching the clock on a specific project.
Steve Olenski famously recommended implementing a two-minute rule in which you make the most of small minutes of time at work. The idea is quite simple, if you have a task or action that can be done in two minutes or less, do it right then and there. Typically, completing the task at that moment in time will take less time than getting back to it later. By implementing the simple strategy it has made him into one of the most influential content strategists online.
Meetings are one of the biggest time-suckers in the office environment and generally one of the least needed activities throughout the day. The average office worker will spend over 31 hours every single month in unproductive meetings. Before you attend your next office meeting, find out if it is something that can be accomplished via email, telephone or even a web-based meeting.
If there is an absolute need for a meeting, try creating an environment in which everybody stands. These types of meetings have been shown to increase overall group performance and task performance.
We have all heard how essential multitasking is in the office environment, however, studies have shown that may be completely false. Psychologists have found that trying to do several tasks at one time tends to result in lost productivity and time. Try to focus on committing to one single task before moving on to your next project.
If you use mass transit as a way to get to and from work, this can be the perfect opportunity to get ahead on some daily office tasks. Instead of browsing Facebook or play in mobile games, use this time to send out emails, create to-do lists or even daily brainstorming sessions.
Many entrepreneurs get stuck in the mindset that they must achieve perfection or it is not going to work. It is essential to understand there is no such thing as perfect, get the task done and send it out. Its much better to complete the task and move onto something else and then come back to it later on and fine-tune it.
Taken time throughout your day to exercise can help to improve your overall office productivity. Try to find time throughout the day where you can go on a walk or even visit a gym. A simple exercise session is one of the best ways to get your blood pumping and to clear your head and regain your focus on a specific project.
Nootropics are natural brain supplements that may enhance your cognitive performance, focus, attention, memory and of course, also your productivity. They are especially popular among entrepreneurs and businessmen. Heres a great place to learn more about nootropics. Just keep in mind that nootropics wont help that much if you dont follow other rules as well.
Taking and receiving emails and phone calls throughout the day or one of the best ways of keeping things in line but they may be keeping you from getting everything accomplished. You must set aside a specific time for communication such as answering phone calls and emails. Create a plan of attack for the day and stick to it in order to get everything accomplished.
It is almost impossible to ignore and in common text notification, voicemail or email. Were curious creatures and we want to see what is being said, however, this can be a huge waste of time. When you are at work, you must turn off all your notifications and set aside time to answer any type of communication.
Researchers who study elite performers who had worked in intervals of no more than 90 minutes tended to be more productive than those who worked in 90 minute plus intervals. In addition, they found that those who were at the top of their field tended to work no more than 4 1/2 hours a day. That sounds like a pretty good lifestyle, doesnt it?
While it may sound unbelievable, researchers have stated that an office that is aesthetically pleasing can help to increase productivity by up to 15%. Be sure to include live plants, a fish tank, pictures, candles or anything thats going to provide a smile on your face.
All friendly chitchat or office visits may seem to be innocuous, the simplest of interruptions throughout the day can change your overall work pattern and drop your productivity. It essential to minimize overall interruptions by creating specific office hours, closing and locking your door or simply work at home for time-sensitive projects.
If you feel as though you need to increase your productivity at work, resist spending more hours of your time and creating longer calendars. Instead, look throughout your day and see how you can work smarter and not harder.
- 'Smart drugs' are real here's what's scientifically proven and how to tell if nootropics are right for you - Insider - June 15th, 2021
- Do Brain Supplements Really Improve Focus & Memory? Here's What the Science Says - Yahoo Lifestyle - June 15th, 2021
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market 2021 2027 | Growth Dynamics, Revenue Outlook and Opportunities Forecast Excelerol, Zhou Nutrition, Neurofuse The... - June 15th, 2021
- Gus Kenworthy Joins beam as Global Athlete and Wellness Ambassador and Investor - PRNewswire - June 15th, 2021
- Comprehensive Analysis On Nootropics Market Based On Types And Application Express Keeper - Express Keeper - February 20th, 2021
- Nootropic Products Market Share, Historical Growth, Analysis, Opportunities and Forecast to 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - February 1st, 2021
- The 14 Best Nootropics and Smart Drugs Reviewed - October 19th, 2020
- Buy The Best Nootropics Online Today at Nootropics Depot - October 19th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Size, Share & Growth, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2025 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) -... - October 19th, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market 2020 Estimate CAGR Analysis, Technological Development Overview, Growth Trends and Competitive Research till 2027... - October 19th, 2020
- 'The Biohackers Guide to Getting Things Done In Times of Uncertainty' Episode 1: 'Why You Really Procrastinate' - CT Post - October 19th, 2020
- The best nootropics and what they can do for patient brain health - Chiropractic Economics - September 4th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Report to 2026 Industry Demand Analysis and Current Trend - Bulletin Line - August 10th, 2020
- I chewed brain-boosting nootropic gum for a week straight. Heres how it went - Digital Trends - August 9th, 2020
- I chewed brain boosting nootropic gum for a week straight. Heres how it went - Digital Trends - August 3rd, 2020
- Low-Alcohol Drinks Are the Future of Booze - GQ Magazine - August 3rd, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market - What Industry Holds for the Future post Covid? Growth Analysis & Complete Insights 2020 - 2026 - Market Research Posts - July 30th, 2020
- Can happy hour lose the booze? - The Hustle - July 30th, 2020
- Quokka Brew Debuts Jitter Free Coffee that will start your breakfast on the right foot natio ... - Drew Reports News - July 30th, 2020
- Future Growth Of Nootropics Market By New Business Developments, Innovations, And Top Companies Forecast To 2025 - CueReport - July 29th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Projections & Future Opportunities Recorded for the Period until 2027|Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Takeda... - July 29th, 2020
- Impact of Corona on Nootropics Market : What will prove favorable for Nootropics Market? - The Daily Chronicle - July 28th, 2020
- New Study on Global Nootropics Market | Know Which Companies Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of COVID-19:::Nootrobox, Cephalon,... - July 28th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Segmentation By Qualitative And Quantitative Research Incorporating Impact Of Economic and Non-Economic Aspects By 2027 - Owned - July 27th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Potential Growth, Demand by Regions, Types and Analysis of Key Players;Research Forecasts to 2027|Takeda Pharmaceutical... - July 24th, 2020
- Fun Gifts For Technology Lovers--Any Time Of Year! - knue.com - July 24th, 2020
- Zolmitriptan Market Size, Growth Trends, Top Players, Application Potential and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - July 21st, 2020
- Revolutionising the coffee industry - New Food - July 21st, 2020
- USANA (USNA) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance - July 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026... - July 20th, 2020
- USANA (USNA) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Yahoo Finance UK - July 20th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 19th, 2020
- Nootropics Manufacturers Profiles, Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up... - July 15th, 2020
- Smart Pills Technology Market Thriving Growth Over Forecast 2020 with Leading Players Proteus Digital Health, Chongqing Jinshan Science &... - July 11th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 11th, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 on Nootropics Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth 2027 with Top Key Players Company1, Company2, Company3, Company4, etc -... - July 11th, 2020
- Global Nootropics Market Set To Grow At Healthy CAGR Forecast By 2027 With Top Key Players Like Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Cephalon A/S,... - July 11th, 2020
- Simple ways to release workplace stress - Daily Pioneer - July 11th, 2020
- KOIOS nootropic beverages to be distributed through KeHE - food in canada - June 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 21st, 2020
- Nootropics Market is Expected to Thrive at Impressive CAGR by 2026 & Top Key Players are Accelerated Intelligence Inc., Onnit Labs, Inc., Peak... - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts to 2026 - Jewish Life News - June 18th, 2020
- Need a Boost Working From Home? These Clinically Approved Supplements Can Help. - Greenwich Time - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Key Players, SWOT Analysis, Dynamics, Drivers, Key Indicators and Forecast to 2026 - Personal Injury Bureau UK - June 18th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Segmentation, Application, Technology, Analysis Research Report and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Analysis by Size, Share, Top Key Manufacturers, Demand Overview, Regional Outlook And Growth Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Nootropics Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 27th, 2020
- 50,000 Entrepreneurs Tell Us How to Avoid Stress and Anxiety - Entrepreneur - April 27th, 2020
- 3 Tested Ways to Achieve High Work Performance and Deep Thinking - Entrepreneur - March 21st, 2020
- Crownhealth, The Premium Vegan Sports Nutrition Producer, Is Proud to Announce the Launch of Their New Organic Energy and Protein Bars - Yahoo Finance - March 21st, 2020
- Polyphenols from grape and blueberry show promise as effective nootropic ingredients - NutraIngredients-usa.com - March 21st, 2020
- Why the New Right Loves Nootropics - The New Republic - March 15th, 2020
- Nootropics Brain Supplements Market Size Detailed Analysis of Current Industry Figures with Forecasts Growth By 2024 - 3rd Watch News - March 15th, 2020
- How The Rich Are Protecting Themselves Against Coronavirus - Forbes - March 15th, 2020
- Sponsored content: Vitafoods Europe 2020 set to drive the global nutraceutical industry forward in the new decade - Nutritional Outlook - March 7th, 2020
- Brain health: The next big trend in functional beverages? - FoodNavigator-USA.com - February 29th, 2020
- 7 Nootropics That Combat Daytime Sleepiness and Boost Energy - The Crypto Coin Discovery - February 29th, 2020
- Would you try hacking your brain to perform better? - VOGUE India - February 29th, 2020
- Artists Mine Data and the Mostly Chilling Implications of AI in 'Uncanny Valley' - KQED - February 29th, 2020
- NOOTROPIC FOODS TO BOOST THE MEMORY DURING EXAMINATION - NewsPatrolling - February 29th, 2020
- Nootropics Expert | The Authority on Nootropic Supplements - January 25th, 2020
- How To Hack Your Brain - Top 6 Nootropics - January 25th, 2020
- Sleep cages and ice baths: The extreme lifestyle of local biohackers - Minneapolis Star Tribune - January 25th, 2020
- Koios canned nootropic drink to be sold in over 10,000 retail locations by 2020 - BeverageDaily.com - December 13th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market To Witness a Healthy Growth During 2020 To 2029 - Trade Examiner - December 13th, 2019
- This drink has the benefits of alcohol, without the hangover - Yahoo Finance - December 13th, 2019
- Nootropics Market: Rapid Increase In The Application Predict By 2029 - True Version - December 13th, 2019
- Flexitarianism may save the planet -- but it's killed the traditional European diet - FoodNavigator.com - December 13th, 2019
- Tracks of the week reviewed: Lauryn Hill, Grimes, Pet Shop Boys - The Guardian - November 25th, 2019
- These are the food trends youll see taking over Whole Foods in 2020 - Well+Good - October 24th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market Will Grow Over USD 5959 Million By 2024 - Market News Network - October 24th, 2019
- Global Nootropics Market Estimated to Reach USD 5959 Million By 2024 - Daily Market Updates - October 1st, 2019
- Magtein Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth during the Forecast Period 2019-2029 - The Tribune City - October 1st, 2019
- What killed Adrian Lamo? - Boing Boing - September 21st, 2019
- Latest Report on Nootropics Market Expects an Extensive Growth in ROI of USD 5959 Million By 2024 - News Hours Today - September 21st, 2019
- Biohacking: The Art and Science of Upgrading the Human Being - Interesting Engineering - September 21st, 2019
- Best Nootropics (Smart Drugs) to Unlock Your True Brain - June 3rd, 2019
- What are Nootropics? | Braintropic - June 3rd, 2019
- Nootropics - reddit - April 29th, 2019
- Best Nootropics 2019 (Updated from 2018) Nootropics Expert - April 29th, 2019