PALM BEACH, Florida, Oct. 29, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- There is much activity in the nanotechnology & nanomedicine markets as new treatments and human clinical trials are growing at a record pace. And these new treatment are hope they could be key to combating viral infections such as, bacteria, viruses, fungi,HBV, hepatitis C, Influenza, HSV, Human papillomavirus and parasites account for approximately 15million deaths worldwide, with acute respiratory infections and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) being the leading causes. The National Institutes for Health NCBI Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) reports: "Infectious diseases are the leading cause of mortality worldwide, with viruses in particular making global impact on healthcare and socioeconomic development. In addition, the rapid development of drug resistance to currently available therapies and adverse side effects due to prolonged use is a serious public health concern. The development of novel treatment strategies is therefore required. The interaction of nanostructures with microorganisms is fast-revolutionizing the biomedical field by offering advantages in both diagnostic and therapeutic applications. Nanoparticles offer unique physical properties that have associated benefits for drug delivery." Mentioned in today's commentary includes: TG Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: TGTX), NanoViricides, Inc. (NYSE: NNVC), Matinas BioPharma Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MTNB), Clovis Oncology, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLVS), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE).
Nanoparticle-based delivery systems present new opportunities to overcome challenges associated with conventional drug therapies and have therefore attracted enormous interest in the treatment of viral infections. Nanomaterials can be engineered to incorporate conventional antiviral properties with those modifications that are unique to nanosystems (ultra small and controllable size, large surface area to volume ratio, and the ability to tailor the surface with the possibility of multi-functionalization). This is undoubtedly a promising tool for biomedical research and clinical use.
One of the more active companies in the industry includes NanoViricides, Inc. (NYSE American: NNVC). NanoViricides,a leader in nanomedicines with novel platform technology to treat difficult and life-threatening viral diseases, on October 9, 2019 announced that it has initiated bio-analytical studies as part of the required IND-enabling preclinical safety and toxicology studies of NV-HHV-101, moving towards human clinical trials.
The Company has contracted NorthEast BioLab, Hamden CT, to conduct the bio-analytical studies and facilitate the toxicokinetic analyses. These studies and analyses are part of the required general safety and toxicology studies that will go into an Investigational New Drug (IND) Application to the US FDA.
NorthEast BioLab has already performed the bio-analytical assay development and validation and is in the process of determining the concentrations of NV-HHV-101 in blood samples from the general safety and toxicology studies that are required for IND.
The company feels that the market size for its immediate target drugs in the HerpeCide program is variously estimated into Billions to tens of Billions of Dollars. The Company believes that its dermal topical cream for the treatment of shingles rash will be its first drug heading into clinical trials. The Company believes that additional topical treatment candidates in the HerpeCide program, namely, HSV-1 "cold sores" treatment, and HSV-2 "genital ulcers" treatment are expected to follow the shingles candidate into IND-enabling development and then into human clinical trials.
NanoViricidesalso released a report this past August that its first drug candidate, NV-HHV-101, is on track with required preclinical GLP Safety and Toxicology studies moving towards human clinical trials. The Company reports that NV-HHV-101 has been found to be safe and well tolerated in the clinical observation portion of the GLP Safety/Toxicology study of NV-HHV-101 as a dermal treatment.
The Company has previously found that NV-HHV-101 was safe and well tolerated in non-GLP safety/toxicology studies. The GLP studies are an expanded version of the non-GLP studies, with extended treatment, larger number of subjects, and stringent operational requirements as specified by the current Good Laboratory Practices guidelines for such studies.
Additional studies required for the Safety and Toxicology datasets for filing an IND are in progress.
The Company anticipates advancing NV-HHV-101 into human clinical trials for topical dermal treatment of the shingles rash as the initial indication, assuming that these studies are successful. The Company also continues to evaluate this broad-spectrum drug candidate as well as certain variations based on the same candidate, for the treatment of other herpesviruses, namely HSV-1 cold sores and HSV-2 genital herpes. The market size for its immediate target drugs in the HerpeCide program is variously estimated into billions to tens of billions of dollars. The Company believes that its dermal topical cream for the treatment of shingles rash will be its first drug heading into clinical trials. The Company believes that additional topical treatment candidates in the HerpeCide program, namely, HSV-1 "cold sores" treatment, and HSV-2 "genital ulcers" treatment are expected to follow the shingles candidate into IND-enabling development and then into human clinical trials.
In addition, the Company also recently announced that its first clinical drug candidate, NV-HHV-101, for the treatment of the Shingles virus (aka VZV), is on track with required preclinical GLP Safety and Toxicology studies moving towards human clinical trials. The Company has reported that NV-HHV-101 has been found to be safe and well tolerated in the clinical observation portion of the GLP Safety/Toxicology study of NV-HHV-101 as a dermal treatment.
NanoViricides' current programs target a potential market opportunity of over $20 Billion. Investors are urged to view an informative video interview with Anil R. Diwan, PhD, President and Executive Chairman, who was interviewed by broadcast journalist Christine Corrado of Proactive Investors, a leading multi-media news organization, investor portal and events management business with offices in New York, Sydney, Toronto, Frankfurt, and London. Click here to access the video interview.
In other biotech news in the markets this week:
TG Therapeutics, Inc.(NASDAQ: TGTX), a biopharmaceutical company developing medicines for patients with B-cell mediated diseases, announced that the follicular lymphoma (FL) cohort of the UNITY-NHL Phase 2b pivotal trial evaluating single agent umbralisib, the Company's novel, once daily, PI3K delta inhibitor, met the primary endpoint of overall response rate (ORR) as determined by Independent Review Committee (IRC) for all treated patients (n=118) who have received at least two prior lines of therapy including an anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody and an alkylating agent. The results met the Company's prespecified ORR target of 40-50%. Importantly, umbralisib monotherapy appeared to be well tolerated with a safety profile consistent with previous reports.
The Company plans to present the data at a future medical conference as well as discuss the data with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Matinas BioPharma Holdings, Inc.(NYSE AMER: MTNB), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, this month announced that it has initiated its Phase 2 EnACT clinical study, which will explore the use of MAT2203 for both induction and maintenance therapy in HIV-patients with cryptococcal meningitis, a life-threatening fungal infection most commonly observed in immunocompromised individuals.
"We are extremely pleased to advance clinical development of MAT2203 for the treatment of cryptococcal meningitis," commented Theresa Matkovits, Ph.D., Chief Development Officer of Matinas.
Clovis Oncology, Inc.(NASDAQ: CLVS) this month announced that the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has recommended that women with relapsed ovarian cancer in England have access to rucaparib through the Cancer Drugs Fund (CDF).1 Rucaparib is available for use within the CDF as an option for the maintenance treatment of relapsed, platinum-sensitive high-grade epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer that has responded to platinum-based chemotherapy in adults, based on the conditions outlined in the managed access agreement.
"Ovacome welcomes the availability of rucaparib via the CDF as an option for maintenance treatment of platinum-sensitive relapsed high grade serous epithelial ovarian cancer regardless of BRCA status or line of treatment in the relapsed maintenance setting," said Victoria Clare, CEO of Ovacome, a United Kingdom ovarian cancer charity focused on providing support to anyone affected by ovarian cancer.
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) reported financial results for third-quarter 2019 and updated certain components of its 2019 financial guidance.Third-Quarter 2019 Revenues of $12.7 Billion, Reflecting 3% Operational Decline; Excluding the Impact from Consumer Healthcare, Third-Quarter 2019 Revenues were Flat Operationally - See the full financial reporting at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pfizer-reports-third-quarter-2019-104500229.html
DISCLAIMER:FN Media Group LLC (FNM), which owns and operates Financialnewsmedia.com and MarketNewsUpdates.com, is a third- party publisher and news dissemination service provider, which disseminates electronic information through multiple online media channels.FNM is NOT affiliated in any manner with any company mentioned herein.FNM and its affiliated companies are a news dissemination solutions provider and are NOT a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses and may NOT sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. FNM's market updates, news alerts and corporate profiles are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. The material in this release is intended to be strictly informational and is NEVER to be construed or interpreted as research material. All readers are strongly urged to perform research and due diligence on their own and consult a licensed financial professional before considering any level of investing in stocks.All material included herein is republished content and details which were previously disseminated by the companies mentioned in this release.FNM is not liable for any investment decisions by its readers or subscribers.Investors are cautioned that they may lose all or a portion of their investment when investing in stocks.For current services performed FNM was compensated twenty five hundred dollars for news coverage of current press release issued by NanoViricides, Inc.by a non-affiliated third party.FNM HOLDS NO SHARES OF ANY COMPANY NAMED IN THIS RELEASE.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended and such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. "Forward-looking statements" describe future expectations, plans, results, or strategies and are generally preceded by words such as "may", "future", "plan" or "planned", "will" or "should", "expected," "anticipates", "draft", "eventually" or "projected". You are cautioned that such statements are subject to a multitude of risks and uncertainties that could cause future circumstances, events, or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements, including the risks that actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors, and other risks identified in a company's annual report on Form 10-K or 10-KSB and other filings made by such company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. You should consider these factors in evaluating the forward-looking statements included herein, and not place undue reliance on such statements. The forward-looking statements in this release are made as of the date hereof and FNM undertakes no obligation to update such statements.
Media Contact email:email@example.com -+1(561)325-8757
See the original post here:
- 'Laser tweezers' in nano lab used in search for drug to prevent COVID-19 replication - The Province - May 3rd, 2020
- Missouri Indian American Professor Develops Disinfecting Tunnel to Kill Viral Infections Using Silver Nano-particles - India West - May 3rd, 2020
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer Treatment Market to Grow at Stellar CAGR Double In% During the Forecast Period 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 3rd, 2020
- PDF | What Is The Impact Of COVID 19 On Nano-Silicon Dioxide Market? | Eon Market Research Analysis Report 2020 - MR Invasion - May 3rd, 2020
- What is Nanomedicine? : Center for Nanomedicine - March 31st, 2020
- Nanomedicine | medicine | Britannica - March 31st, 2020
- Nano Medicine: Meaning, Advantages and Disadvantages - March 31st, 2020
- Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine ... - March 31st, 2020
- What Might be the Best Way to Delivery Nanoparticle Therapy for Cancer? - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - March 31st, 2020
- Nano Healthcare Technology For Medical Equipment Market Business Opportunities, 2020 Trends, Challenges and Standardization, Research, Key Players and... - March 31st, 2020
- Global Healthcare Nanotechnology Market 2019 Present Status and Future Opportunities by Major Companies Typs and Applications 2024 - The Fuel Fox - March 31st, 2020
- Nanobiotix 2019 Q4 and Annual Revenues - BioSpace - February 29th, 2020
- Dying Of Flu, College Student Used Cellphone To Call 911. He Died When Police Couldn't Find His Location. - Kaiser Health News - February 29th, 2020
- Clene Nanomedicine Announces First Patient Dosed in the RESCUE-ALS Clinical Trial for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) with Lead... - January 25th, 2020
- Modifying ICCA with Trp-Phe-Phe to Enhance in vivo Activity and Form N | IJN - Dove Medical Press - January 25th, 2020
- Biomedical Applications of Zeolitic Nanoparticles, with an Emphasis on | IJN - Dove Medical Press - January 25th, 2020
- Nanocarriers for Stroke Therapy: Advances and Obstacles in Translating | IJN - Dove Medical Press - January 25th, 2020
- Healthcare Nanotechnology (Nanomedicine) Market Share, Size, Future Demand, Global Research, Top Leading Player, Emerging Trends and Forecast to 2015 ... - January 25th, 2020
- Advancells Group & IFC Concluded their 3-Day Workshop on Regenerative Medicine - Business Wire India - January 25th, 2020
- I asked Tanzanians about studying in China: here's what they said - The Conversation Africa - January 25th, 2020
- The Future Of Nano Medicine - January 19th, 2020
- New Approaches in Breast Cancer Therapy Through Green Nanotechnology a | IJN - Dove Medical Press - January 19th, 2020
- Controlled phage therapy hints at future alternative to antibiotics - New Atlas - January 19th, 2020
- A New Old Therapy - The UCSB Current - January 19th, 2020
- Most engineered nanoparticles enter tumours through cells not between them, U of T researchers find - News@UofT - January 19th, 2020
- Canterbury father and son's invention will revolutionise medical treatment - Stuff.co.nz - December 28th, 2019
- Rewind 2019: A Look Back at Significant Developments in Indian Science This Year - The Weather Channel - December 27th, 2019
- Electroplating method makes conductive nanostraws for injecting into and sampling from cells - Chemical & Engineering News - December 3rd, 2019
- Protein-Protected Metal Nanoclusters That Behave Like Natural Enzymes - Advanced Science News - December 3rd, 2019
- Design and Synthesis of Gold-Gadolinium-Core-Shell Nanoparticles as Co | IJN - Dove Medical Press - December 3rd, 2019
- Biochips Technologies, Companies, Applications & Markets, 2028 - 94 Companies are Included Along with a Listing of 121 Collaborations Between... - December 3rd, 2019
- Invicro LLC Joins Accenture's INTIENT Network to Help Advance Innovation in Drug Discovery and Scientific Research - BioSpace - December 3rd, 2019
- Nanoparticle therapy shows promise for treatment of rare cancer - The Brown Daily Herald - November 22nd, 2019
- At 9.6% CAGR, Healthcare Nanotechnology Market Global Industry to Reach Valuation over 306100 Million USD by 2025 - Markets Gazette 24 - November 22nd, 2019
- Nanotherapies for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Advantages, Challenges, and Future Direction - Rheumatology Advisor - November 22nd, 2019
- World Pancreatic Cancer Day: increasing awareness and inspiring action - UNSW Newsroom - November 22nd, 2019
- Bankrupt biopharmas are rare. 2019 has some worried that's changing. - BioPharma Dive - November 22nd, 2019
- Healthcare Nanotechnology Market Needs and Demand Analysis 2019 to 2025 - The Chicago Sentinel - November 13th, 2019
- Medical equipment to be infection-free now, says study - Zee News - November 12th, 2019
- Advances in nanomedicine for the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis | IJN - Dove Medical Press - November 1st, 2019
- A highly biocompatible and intravenous injectable hafnium oxide nanocrystal synthesized to enhance radiaotherapy efficacy for cancer treatment -... - November 1st, 2019
- Doheny and UCLA Stein Eye Institutes Welcome Kaustabh Ghosh, PhD, to the Scientific and Clinical Research Faculty - PRNewswire - November 1st, 2019
- SUNY Potsdam chemistry professor awarded grant from National Institutes of Health - NNY360 - October 1st, 2019
- Improving 131I Radioiodine Therapy By Hybrid Polymer-Grafted Gold Nano | IJN - Dove Medical Press - October 1st, 2019
- MagForce AG to host Lunch Symposium on Local Therapies in Malignant Gliomas during the 19th European Congress of Neurosurgery (EANS2019) - BioSpace - October 1st, 2019
- Synthetic networks with tunable responsiveness, biodegradation, and molecular recognition for precision medicine applications - Science Advances - October 1st, 2019
- Self-Assembly Of Retinoid Nanoparticles For Melanoma Therapy | IJN - Dove Medical Press - October 1st, 2019
- Nanomanipulator Market Upcoming Trends, Revenue, Key Manufactures and Competitive Analysis till 2025 - One Digi Click - October 1st, 2019
- First-of-its-kind trial in ALS spurs hope for brutal disease - BioPharma Dive - October 1st, 2019
- FBI Investigation Targets Trump Booster Peter Thiel’s VC Firm - September 14th, 2019
- YouTube Influencers Are Mentally Collapsing From Stress - September 14th, 2019
- Watch SpaceX Test Its Crew Dragon’s Escape System - September 14th, 2019
- MIT Team “Accidentally” Invents Blackest Material in Existence - September 14th, 2019
- A Driver Tricked Uber’s Algorithm, Sexually Assaulted a Passenger - September 14th, 2019
- Toyota Wants to Slather Solar Panels All Over Its Prius Hybrid - September 14th, 2019
- A Runaway Star Is Escaping a Black Hole at 1.2 Million MPH - September 14th, 2019
- Putin Critic Uses Drone to Save Hard Drives Before Police Raid - September 14th, 2019
- Airbus Planes Will Track How Often Passengers Go to the Bathroom - September 14th, 2019
- Watch a Robot Fish Fly by Shooting Water out of Its Rear - September 14th, 2019
- Residents Are Trying to Flee Russian Town Where Snow Turned Black - September 14th, 2019
- This Startup Will Send DNA From Your Spit to the Moon for $99 - September 14th, 2019
- Horrifying Study: Corpses Thrash Around For a Year After Death - September 14th, 2019
- French Gov Official Warns Facebook: Libra Is Not Welcome Here - September 14th, 2019
- Watch a Tesla Model X Blast Through Deep Flood Waters - September 14th, 2019
- Milky Way’s Giant Black Hole Lets out Two Giant, Radioactive Burps - September 14th, 2019
- Instagram Keeps Accidentally Flagging Fish Photos as Offensive - September 14th, 2019
- MIT Community Horrified by Famed Researcher’s Epstein Outburst - September 14th, 2019
- Unlike MIT, Harvard Cut Off Epstein Donations After Conviction - September 14th, 2019
- Can You Tell Which of These Models Is CGI? - May 28th, 2019
- We Asked an AI to Finish Real Elon Musk Tweets - May 28th, 2019
- Watch a Super-Strong Robot Dog Pull a Three-Ton Airplane - May 28th, 2019
- Asteroid Flying by Earth Is so Big It Has Its Own Moon - May 28th, 2019
- United Nations: Siri and Alexa Are Encouraging Misogyny - May 28th, 2019
- New Law Could End Robocalling Once and For All - May 28th, 2019
- Scientists Set New Temperature Record for Superconductivity - May 28th, 2019
- Elevate Your Leadership and Grow Your Business at Your Clouds Can 2019 - May 28th, 2019
- NASA’s Moon Mission Leader Just Quit After Only Six Weeks - May 28th, 2019
- Watch a Tesla in an Underground Tunnel Race One on the Street - May 28th, 2019
- SpaceX Just Unleashed 60 Starlink Satellites Into Orbit - May 28th, 2019
- Elon Musk Ridicules Jeff Bezos’ Plan For Space Colonies - May 28th, 2019