COVID-19, which is killing and infecting people all over the world, is not a naturally occurring virus; instead, it was created in Wuhan, in a level-4 biosafety laboratory. Not only Chinese, but also French and US scientists contributed to the production of this "chimera," an organism created in a lab. Aug 08, 2020
By Bernardo CervelleraCOVID-19, which is killing and infecting people all over the world, is not a naturally occurring virus; instead, it was created in Wuhan, in a level-4 biosafety laboratory. Not only Chinese, but also French and US scientists contributed to the production of this "chimera," an organism created in a lab.
Until a few months ago, such an idea would have been labelled a conspiracy theory, contemptuously dismissed by people who believed in Chinas innocence, treated as absurd by several scholars who defended the "innocence" of science.
Now such thesis is presented with extensive documentation, dates, facts, names by an internationally renowned scientist, Prof Joesph Tritto, president of the Paris-based World Academy of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies (WABT), a non-governmental institution founded in 1997 under the auspices of UNESCO.
Prof Tritto, 68, is the author of Cina COVID 19. La Chimera che ha cambiato il Mondo (China COVID 19. The chimera that changed the world), a book that was released today by Edizioni Cantagalli.
In its 272 pages, which can be read like a thriller, Prof Tritto explains the origins of the virus with precision and scientific resolve, starting from the Chinese attempt to study vaccines against SARS, inserting genomes from HIV into organisms (which makes them more aggressive), adding elements of coronavirus discovered in horseshoe bats, using a method called reverse genetics system 2.
Prof Shi Zheng Li, head of the Wuhan laboratory, was the leading figure in these genetic engineering experiments, but the lab received help from the French government and the Pasteur institute, from which the Chinese learnt how to use HIV genomes.
Some US scientists also helped, including Prof Ralph S. Baric, of the University of North Carolina, with funds from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). US scientists were interested in studying coronaviruses, which was prohibited in their country until 2017 due to their dangerousness.
Prof Tritto has a respectable curriculum. He is a doctor in urology, andrology, infertility microsurgery, and a professor in microtechnology and nanotechnology in the United Kingdom and India. He is a visiting professor and director of nano-medicine at Amity University in New Delhi (India).
For this very reason he could closely vet the research done in Wuhan. In his view, the latter began as a way to fight disease, but gradually turned into bioengineering studies to build lethal biological weapons.
It is no coincidence that in the past five years, the Wuhan lab received the largest portion of Chinas funding for virologic research, turning it into an advanced research centre under the direct control of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese government.
According to Prof Tritto, Prof Shi Zheng-Li probably had no interest in doing work for the military or other purposes, unless she was forced to do so. Nobody doubts her good faith.
However, the fact remains that after the laboratory came into the spotlight because of the pandemic, Peoples Liberation Army Major General Chen Wei, an expert in biochemical weapons and bioterrorism, was appointed head of the Wuhan Institute of Virology, working with a team that includes Zhong Nanshan, a famous pulmonologist with long experience in infectious lung diseases.
In effect, the Wuhan Institute of Virology was placed under the control of Chinas military. Since then, nothing is known about Professor Shi Zheng-Li who seems to have disappeared.
In Trittos book, scientists come out badly. Driven by the desire for knowledge, they become eager for power, ambition, careerism and money.
Part of the book is devoted to vaccine research, in which institutes and labs compete against one another, not for the sake of medicine and to save the millions of coronavirus patients, but only to be the first to sell vaccines around the world.
China is well placed in this area. According to Prof Tritto, Beijing has only released partial data, and not made available the original genetic structure of the coronavirus (mother virus). Why? Because only with the original structure of the virus is it possible to produce a truly universal vaccine, effective everywhere on earth. Over time, viruses mutate and a vaccine produced by a mutated virus is effective only during a certain period time and in certain areas.
In other words, narrow commercial interests are the driving force, not love for science. Yet, lest we forget and Prof Tritto does not there are many heroes in this pandemic. In addition to the doctors and nurses who gave their lives to treat patients when they arrived in great numbers in emergency wards, we must cite the first doctors who reported the epidemic in Wuhan, who were forced into silence by police, threatened with dismissal.
One of these people is Dr Ai Fen, who reported a "strange influence" as early as November and was muzzled by hospital authorities. Another one is Dr Li Wenliang, an ophthalmologist who was forced to keep quiet and then died of COVID-19, infected by one of his patients. Nothing is currently known of Dr Ai Fen, who is missing.
Prof Trittos book also goes after the World Health Organisation, which has become - according to many - a "puppet" in Chinas hands, complicitous in its silence on the epidemic.
However, the book is not only turned to the past. Prof Tritto wants to see worldwide rules adopted for chimera research, level-4 biosafety labs, and cooperation between military and civil labs. China and other countries should also be forced to sign the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC).Asia News
Read the original here:
- $700 Million Worth of Synthetic Bitcoin Is Circulating on the Ethereum Blockchain - Bitcoin News - September 8th, 2020
- Exclusive mining could have negative implications for the Blockchain industry, say experts - Cointelegraph - September 8th, 2020
- Reimagining blockchain for healthcare solutions with the MAXathon - Health Europa - September 8th, 2020
- All fintech companies will use blockchain within 10 years: Aussie government report - Cointelegraph - September 8th, 2020
- 'Decentralized Reddit' enables users to secure Twitter on the blockchain - Cointelegraph - September 8th, 2020
- Former Georgian PM: Blockchain is the steam engine of Industry 4.0 - Cointelegraph - September 8th, 2020
- How will decentralized blockchain technology evolve in the future? - Gary Skentelbery - September 8th, 2020
- How the Bitcoin Blockchain Is Being Used to Safeguard Nuclear Power Stations - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - September 8th, 2020
- Starbucks' Deployment of a Blockchain Network May Show Restaurants the Way to Future Revenue Growth | - Restaurant Technology News - September 8th, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market 2020 Global Share, Growth, Size, Opportunities, Trends, Regional Overview, Leading Company Analysis And Forecast To 2026 |... - September 5th, 2020
- Healthcare Nanotechnology (Nanomedicine) Market : Updates, Future Growth, Industry Analysis And Comprehensive Study On Key Players To 2020 2028 -... - September 5th, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market Segmentation By Qualitative And Quantitative Research Incorporating Impact Of Economic And Non-Economic Aspects By 2027 - Reports... - September 5th, 2020
- Impressive Trends and Future Scope of Nanocapsules Market - StartupNG - September 5th, 2020
- NanoViricides is Developing Drugs Against SARS-CoV-2 with an Integrated Approach to Combat COVID-19, as Reported at The LD 500 Virtual Conference -... - September 5th, 2020
- Clene Nanomedicine, researching the use of gold atoms to slow ALS progression, nets $42.5M Series D - Endpoints News - September 2nd, 2020
- Amorphous Soft Magnetic Materials Market to Reach USD 728.5 Million by 2027; Need to Blend Amorphous & Nano-crystalline Alloys will Favor Growth,... - September 2nd, 2020
- 5 Recent Tech Innovations Disrupting the Medical and Healthcare Industry - HealthTechZone - September 2nd, 2020
- Mohali INST scientists develop new nano-particle-based treatment for kala azar - The Tribune India - August 21st, 2020
- Book Review: What Can India's Embrace of Nanotech Tell Us About India's Science? - The Wire Science - August 21st, 2020
- Healthcare Nanotechnology (Nanomedicine) Market Analysis, Key Players, Industry Segments And Forecast To 2026 - The News Brok - August 21st, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market: Industry Analysis and forecast 2026: By Modality, Diseases, Application and Region - Good Night, Good Hockey - August 21st, 2020
- New 'molecular computers' find the right cells - UW Medicine Newsroom - August 21st, 2020
- How can nanomedicine be applied to cannabis? - Leafly - August 10th, 2020
- Global Healthcare Nanotechnology (Nanomedicine) Industry Outlook 2020-2027 with Profiles of 46 Players Including Abbott Labs, Celgene Corp, GE... - August 10th, 2020
- Global Projection 2020: Nanomedicine Market Exclusive Profitable Comprehensive Research Report with COVID-19 Impact Overview | Forecast 2029 - News... - August 10th, 2020
- Green One-Step Synthesis of Medical Nanoagents for Advanced Radiation | NSA - Dove Medical Press - August 10th, 2020
- Nanomedicine - Wikipedia - August 10th, 2020
- What is Nanomedicine? : Center for Nanomedicine - August 10th, 2020
- Nanomedicine | medicine | Britannica - August 10th, 2020
- Nanomedicine - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics - August 10th, 2020
- Cleaning the Nano-Texture Glass on Your New iMac - The Mac Observer - August 10th, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market To Reach USD 343.8 Billion By 2026 | CAGR of 12.6% - PharmiWeb.com - August 8th, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market Actual Strategies of Key Players to Overcome COVID 19 Pendamic | GE Healthcare, Johnson & Johnson, Mallinckrodt plc, Merck... - August 5th, 2020
- What happens when bacteria resist treatment? Trobix lands $3M to protect us from next 'Super Bug' - Geektime - August 5th, 2020
- Topical nanoparticles interfering with the DNA-LL37 complex to alleviate psoriatic inflammation in mice and monkeys - Science Advances - August 5th, 2020
- Global Healthcare Nanotechnology (Nanomedicine) Market Worth $475B by 2027 - Therapeutics Will Account for $369B - Benzinga - August 5th, 2020
- Global Nanotechnology in Medical Market 2020 Comprehensive analysis with Top Trends, Size, Share, Future Growth Opportunities & Forecast by 2027... - August 2nd, 2020
- Researchers uncover how cells interact with supporting proteins to heal wounds | The Source - Washington University in St. Louis Newsroom - August 2nd, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market Provides in-depth analysis of the Nanomedicine Industry, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment... - July 31st, 2020
- Global Nano Therapy Market- Industry Analysis and Forecast (2020-2027)-by, Type, Application, and Region. - Red & Black Student Newspaper - July 31st, 2020
- Nanomedical Market 2019 | How The Industry Will Witness Substantial Growth In The Upcoming Years | Exclusive Report By MRE Bulletin Line - Bulletin... - July 31st, 2020
- BIOPHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOMEDICINE MARKET RESEARCH, OPPORTUNITIES, EMERGING TRENDS, COMPETITIVE STRATEGIES AND FORECASTS 2016-2028 | AMGEN INC., F.... - July 31st, 2020
- Redefining the status quo in healthcare - The Business Times - July 31st, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market Report (2019-2027) | The demand for the Market will drastically increase in the Future? - Research Newspaper - July 31st, 2020
- Nanomedicine in lung cancer: Current states of overcoming drug resistance and improving cancer immunotherapy - DocWire News - July 29th, 2020
- New insights into wound healing - Newswise - July 29th, 2020
- Seer raises another $55M and finally reveals proteomic tech can it hold up? - Endpoints News - July 29th, 2020
- Tracked the behavior of nanoparticles in the body - FREE NEWS - July 29th, 2020
- CLR 131 Leads a New Generation of Lipid-Based Cancer Drug Delivery Systems - OncLive - July 24th, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market 2019 by Rising-Trends, Growth Analysis, Industry Share, Product Types, User-Demand, Business Strategy and Comprehensive Valuation... - July 24th, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market Competitive Research And Precise Outlook 2020 To 2026 - Cole of Duty - July 24th, 2020
- Global Nanotechnology in Medical Market is Expected to Grow at Moderate Pace by 2027 Post COVID 19 Pandemic, Latest Market Research Report by... - July 24th, 2020
- Small AI biotech BioXcel surges on positive PhIII results, setting up dementia and Alzheimer's test - Endpoints News - July 24th, 2020
- How research groups are tackling the problem of biologic drug delivery - Pharmaceutical Technology - July 22nd, 2020
- NanoViricides to Participate in Panel Discussion at the B. Riley FBR Virtual Infectious Disease Summit Today, July 21, 2020 - BioSpace - July 22nd, 2020
- Investigating the Effect of Nano-Curcumin on the Expression of Biofilm | IDR - Dove Medical Press - July 20th, 2020
- Coronavirus news: Understanding the relationship between nanotechnology and COVID-19 - Free Press Journal - July 19th, 2020
- Healthcare Nanotechnology (Nanomedicine) Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And... - July 19th, 2020
- THE 1918 PANDEMIC: What Happened When the Flu Overwhelmed Humboldt's Medical System? - Lost Coast Outpost - July 19th, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026 - 3rd Watch... - July 19th, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market 2020 Industry Share, Size, Consumption, Growth, Top Manufacturers, Type and Forecast to 2028 Bulletin Line - Bulletin Line - July 19th, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market 2020 Recent Industry Developments and Growth Strategies Adopted by Top Key Players Worldwide and Assessment to 2025 Bulletin Line... - July 18th, 2020
- What is nanomedicine? | ETPN - July 18th, 2020
- Nanosensors Market to Remain Balanced During the the COVID-19 Period - Cole of Duty - July 18th, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market 2020 Industry Share, Size, Consumption, Growth, Top Manufacturers, Type and Forecast to 2028 - Bulletin Line - July 18th, 2020
- New Comprehensive Report on Nanomedicine Market to Witness an Outstanding Growth during 2020 2025 with Top Players Like - Jewish Life News - July 14th, 2020
- Healthcare Nanotechnology Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026 -... - July 14th, 2020
- Report: New PET radiotracer proven safe and effective in imaging malignant brain tumors - Tdnews - July 13th, 2020
- Value of Healthcare Nanotechnology (Nanomedicine) Market Predicted to Surpass US$ by the of 2075 2015 2021 - Bulletin Line - July 13th, 2020
- Potential Impact of COVID-19 on Research report explores the Healthcare Nanotechnology (Nanomedicine) Market for the forecast period, 2020-2026 -... - July 12th, 2020
- New nanomedicines for mRNA therapeutics in breast cancer and heart failure - Mirage News - July 12th, 2020
- New Comprehensive Report on Antibacterial Nano Coatings Market to Witness an Outstanding Growth during 2020 2025 with Top Players Like Nanogate AG,... - July 12th, 2020
- Nanomedicine Market with Emerging Trends, Global Scope and Demand 2020 to 2026 - The Canton Independent Sentinel - July 11th, 2020
- 3D Printed Medicine Uses Fish Gelatin to Deliver Cancer Treatment - 3DPrint.com - July 11th, 2020
- INBRAIN Neuroelectronics receives funding to push forward the development of graphene-based implants for brain disorders - Graphene-Info - June 14th, 2020
- Nanotechnology for Healthcare Market Global Competitions and Business Outlook 2020 to 2026 - News Collective - June 14th, 2020
- Combination Therapy of Lung Cancer Using Layer-by-Layer Cisplatin Prod | DDDT - Dove Medical Press - June 14th, 2020
- Medical Biomimetics - Market Research | Recent Trends and Growth Forecast 2025 - CueReport - June 14th, 2020
- 'Laser tweezers' in nano lab used in search for drug to prevent COVID-19 replication - The Province - May 3rd, 2020
- Missouri Indian American Professor Develops Disinfecting Tunnel to Kill Viral Infections Using Silver Nano-particles - India West - May 3rd, 2020