After a slow start for Instagram TV (IGTV), its now becoming an integral part of social media strategies. After announcing in February that Instagram would allow one minute previews of IGTV videos on the main Instagram feed, things started to change and views skyrocketed.
If you arent in on this yet, you should be. Heres what, why and how you should be using IGTV as a marketing tool!
Back in June of 2018, Instagram released IGTV as, a new app for watching long-form, vertical video from your favorite Instagram creators. In May 2019 they started allowing for landscape videos as well. So basically a platform to compete with Youtube.
Each creator has their own channel similar to TV. And just like a television, as soon as you access IGTV, videos start playing. Can you say hello increased engagement?!
Theres a stand alone IGTV app, but it can also be accessed straight from your Instagram app. Unlike regular Instagram videos, IGTV videos can be 10 minutes to an hour long.
IGTV can have major benefits for your clients business as well as your own. Its about creating value for your consumers. Here are some of the perks that come with IGTV:
Having another platform to share video content means another place to be seen. Which in turn means more engagement and more customers.
By 2020, the number of digital video viewers in the United States is projected to be more than 236 million. Thats a lot of potential people viewing your content.
Unlike videos uploaded straight to Instagram, your IGTV videos can be 10-60 minutes long. This makes it a great spot for how-tos, behind the scenes, story features and more!
While Instagram Stories and other platforms are better suited for posting things as they happen, IGTV needs to be well thought out and planned.
Think about your target audience. What do they want to see? What do they want from you? How can you help them?
Since Instagram announced in February that users could post one-minute previews of their IGTV videos straight to the news feed, viewership has increased. When theres a new video, your followers can tap straight from their feed to watch the full video.
Posting previews on Instagram and sending followers to your IGTV helps boost engagement.
Using IGTV can also unlock a form of the swipe up feature for your Instagram Stories (more about this later).
Side note: Videos posted on IGTV wont automatically upload to your Instagram. If you do want them to appear on your feed youll have to click Post a Preview under the title and description page when uploading your IGTV video.
You can access IGTV through the standalone app or through Instagram.
If you will be creating longer form videos, we suggest actually downloading the app. The set up and getting started is pretty straight forward with prompts. But heres a quick recap:
Webcast, October 15th: Your Baby is Ugly
There are a lot of different things you can take advantage of by using IGTV. Here are some of our favorites:
In a previous blog post, we discussed how Instagram Story swipe up features are only available to verified accounts or if you have over 10,000 followers. But theres a couple work arounds to add a link to your IG Story and IGTV is one of them.
This should be a video directing people to click somewhere on the screen that will essentially be taking them to a certain link. It could be a video of you pointing up somewhere or just a static video with arrows pointing to where you want them to tap.
One thing to keep in mind when making this is that IGTV videos need to be at least a minute long.
Your title can be whatever you want but we suggest using something like Click here for the link that reinforces your CTA. In the description, put the URL that you want to direct users. That is the most important part!
Once you upload your IGTV video, make your Story on Instagram and youll see the link icon in the options at the top. Dont get too excited, you cant directly link to the URL yet. But click the link and youll get the option to link to your IGTV video. Select your CTA video and post.
Now when people watch your story there will be an option to swipe up to watch on IGTV and from there the link will be directly clickable.
We talked about Sephora in a previous article, but honestly they are just the definition of using IGTV effectively as a marketing tool, so they are being highlighted again.
Makeup and hair tutorials, FAQs and how-tos deeply resonate with their 18.4 million followers. They take time to plan out each video and understand what their audience wants. While they are creating something helpful and entertaining, they are also driving sales. WIN-WIN!
You dont have to sell products or services to make use of IGTV and Lele Pons is a great example of this.
Pons is known for her comedic internet videos and has created somewhat of a tv show on her IGTV. She has episodes called Whats Cooking where she makes different food and brings on different guests. IGTV gave her the platform to open up a different part of her life.
So even if you arent selling anything, IGTV can still add value to your audience experience.
Heres all the details you need to know about sizing, timing and framing:
While getting started with IGTV might seem like a daunting task, the need for video in your social media strategy is too important to sit this out. So jump on the IGTV train and get to creating value for your customers!
See the original post here:
- What to do in Toronto this week: February 24-March 1 - NOW Magazine - February 24th, 2020
- Behold, the Fine Art of the Lesbian Thirst Trap - NewNowNext - February 24th, 2020
- How beauty is being used to fight back against facial recognition and CCTV - Dazed - February 24th, 2020
- How To Get Millions To Watch Your Short Film On Third-Party Youtube Channels - Cartoon Brew - February 12th, 2020
- SA historian to help plan SU's 150th anniversary celebration - The Daily Orange - February 12th, 2020
- Riverdale Season 4 Episode 13 Review - Chapter 70: The Ides of March - Den of Geek US - February 12th, 2020
- Google Maps gets a makeover for its 15th birthday - SlashGear - February 12th, 2020
- JackSepticEye reveals how controversy has affected PewDiePie - Dexerto - February 12th, 2020
- 8 Ways to Drive More Calls & Better Call Quality with Paid Search - Search Engine Journal - January 31st, 2020
- What is Slack and how does it work? Plus plenty of Slack tips and tricks - Pocket-lint - January 31st, 2020
- 5 ways to be a bit safer this Data Privacy Day - Naked Security - January 31st, 2020
- Byte Proves That Vine Is Inherently Superior to TikTok - VICE - January 31st, 2020
- Catching up with SpecmenceCBJ, YouTubes foremost Columbus Blue Jackets archivist - The Cannon - January 31st, 2020
- Niladri Dutta: Enhancing Deep Learning Innovation With Knowledge-Based Decisioning - Analytics Insight - January 31st, 2020
- MLBTR Poll: How Good Are The Reds? - The Union Journal - January 30th, 2020
- Four Ways To Prepare Yourself For Real Estate Investing Success In 2020 - Forbes - January 5th, 2020
- Dr. Pimple Popper Just Popped A Monster Inflamed Cyst In The Ultimate Popaholic Challenge Youtube Video - Women's Health - January 5th, 2020
- Behind the scenes in the Getty photo archives with 'Unseen' - Los Angeles Times - January 5th, 2020
- CES 2020 tips and tricks: Your guide to techs biggest trade show - VentureBeat - January 5th, 2020
- How William Gibson Keeps His Science Fiction Real - The New Yorker - December 18th, 2019
- PewDiePie Quits Twitter After Confirming YouTube Hiatus - We Got This Covered - December 18th, 2019
- Everipedia Gives Back to Children by Partnering with GIVE Nation - GlobeNewswire - December 18th, 2019
- Heavy freight: Why drop-in pitches can't be moved interstate - Sydney Morning Herald - December 18th, 2019
- Amazfit GTR is the Best First Smartwatch for Watch lovers - International Business Times - December 18th, 2019
- Jigs and fixtures by Xometry - 3DPMN - December 18th, 2019
- Do We Have Minds of Our Own? - The New Yorker - December 11th, 2019
- What Are The Best Anonymous Bitcoin Casinos? - Coin Clarity - December 11th, 2019
- The 'artificial' eye of the artist - The Drum - November 27th, 2019
- Heres What to See, Watch, and Stream This Thanksgiving - Vulture - November 27th, 2019
- Guide To Beautiful Gifts From Craftsmen, Artists, And US Entrepreneurs - The Federalist - November 27th, 2019
- Friends reunion special with cast 'in the works at HBO Max' - Metro.co.uk - November 13th, 2019
- What can I do if I hate my job? Here are 5 things - Ladders - November 13th, 2019
- "Hide the Pain Harold" describes what it is like to become a famous meme - Boing Boing - November 13th, 2019
- Is the International Marketplace Network the best way to expand? - Tamebay - November 13th, 2019
- Look Ahead: Curio Aggregates News Stories Before Converting the Articles Into Audio Files - Editor And Publisher Magazine - November 13th, 2019
- With a recalibrated vision WEA commits to further God's Kingdom - Evangelical Focus - November 13th, 2019
- YouTube enters the live-streaming fight (again) - The Verge - November 13th, 2019
- How to crop your photos for Facebook - The Android Soul - November 13th, 2019
- Will C-3PO die in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker? - Headlinez Pro - October 23rd, 2019
- The teens don't want to love TikTok - The Outline - October 23rd, 2019
- Sister Wives: Maddie Brush Loves Taking Pics Of Her Kids Is Her New Camera Any Good? - TV Shows Ace - October 23rd, 2019
- Megan Barton-Hanson shares shady post after 'splitting' from girlfriend Chelcee Grimes - Heat World - October 23rd, 2019
- The Power of TuneCore: Kevin Cornell Interview - DJBooth - October 23rd, 2019
- Technology exposed Syrian war crimes over and over. Was it for nothing? - MIT Technology Review - October 23rd, 2019
- Lost albums of the 2010s what became of the albums we were promised but that never arrived? - NME Live - October 23rd, 2019
- Greta Kline of Frankie Cosmos on slowing down (to a certain point) - Metro US - September 18th, 2019
- With a $70 Kit, This Startup Promises to Turn Anyone Into an Artist - Inc. - September 18th, 2019
- Scarlett Moffatt shares troll post and calls for people to be kinder - digitalspy.com - September 18th, 2019
- Steam's wonderful Library Update beta is finally live: Here's how to get it - PCWorld - September 18th, 2019
- Augmented Reality: Eight AR Marketing Applications For Brands In 2019 - Forbes - September 18th, 2019
- Love Islands Arabella Chi says I love you to new boyfriend Wes Nelson after just two months of dating - The Sun - September 18th, 2019
- Looking To Sell Smartphone? Here's What You Need to Know - Updato - September 18th, 2019
- Mind uploading - Wikipedia - April 25th, 2019
- Mind Uploading - April 25th, 2019
- Mind uploading in fiction - Wikipedia - April 25th, 2019
- The virtual afterlife will transform humanity | Aeon Essays - March 20th, 2019
- Your mind will not be uploaded Soft Machines - March 20th, 2019
- Brain Uploading - TV Tropes - June 14th, 2018
- Mind uploading | Transhumanism Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - May 22nd, 2018
- Michael Graziano on The Evolution of Consciousness and ... - April 26th, 2018
- Neuroscientists devise scheme for mind-uploading centuries ... - March 16th, 2018
- New Brain Preservation Technique Could Be a Path to Mind ... - March 16th, 2018
- How to create your own wedding Snapchat filter - Omaha World-Herald - August 25th, 2017
- A song that speaks to you - The Hindu - August 22nd, 2017
- These 7 Forces Are Changing the World at an Extraordinary Rate - Singularity Hub - August 22nd, 2017
- Josh Peck Is Hotter Than a Peruvian Puff Pepper in His Latest Underwear Snap - Life & Style Weekly - August 22nd, 2017
- Blog: Eclipse.Today's The Day! - WAVY-TV (blog) - August 21st, 2017
- YouTube star Lisa's top tips to have you feeling all made up - Belfast Telegraph - August 21st, 2017
- Sam Claflin Slips Into Shailene Woodley's Bathing Suit In Fiji & We Have A Lot Of Questions - Hollywood Life - August 19th, 2017
- Film Review: Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars - Pats Pulpit - August 18th, 2017
- Ashes to Ashes, Dust to ... Interactive Biodegradable Funerary Urns? - WUWM - August 18th, 2017
- Get fit: Fitness gurus you can work out with for free on YouTube - Daily Commercial - August 15th, 2017
- Watch The Heart-Stopping Moment A Biker Cartwheeled In Front Of A Car - Car Throttle - August 15th, 2017
- Why 802.11ax is the next big thing in Wi-Fi - Network World - August 14th, 2017
- Hands on: Nest Cam Indoor and Outdoor home security cameras - The Sydney Morning Herald - August 13th, 2017
- How Maryland's political parties ramped up their ground games for 2018 - Washington Post - August 13th, 2017
- Carbon Black may be leaking terabytes of customer data (UPDATED) - Healthcare IT News - August 11th, 2017
- Mouni Roy's Version Of Baadshaho Song Rashke Qamar Will Blow Your Mind Away - India.com - August 11th, 2017
- Exclusive: In An RTI Response, Censor Board Says It Cannot Do ... - Huffington Post India - August 11th, 2017
- Internet service providers in Nigeria: which one is the fastest? - NAIJ.COM - August 10th, 2017