With a growing number of companies like Facebook developing augmented reality (AR) glasses, there's a good chance AR marketing will be one of 2019's hottest trends. When a global marketing leader like Facebook goes all-in on augmented reality, you know brand builders are likely to follow their lead.
Personally and through my work in this space, I've seen some amazing use cases for AR in terms of training applications that have been developed on the Microsoft Hololens to help aid frontline workers with design and manufacturing.
But how do you use augmented reality to market your business, when you're likely unfamiliar with this new technology? What do you need to know about AR marketing to make it work for your company?
If you're a brand builder who wants to put the power of augmented reality glasses and AR technology to work for your business, bear the following crucial tips in mind.
1. AR-Enabled Video
Augmented reality marketing can significantly increase your company's dwell time at live events and on your website. Consider uploading AR-enabled videos to your website and watching in real-time as potential customers interact with your creations. Forget video marketing -- as AR-enabled videos take hold, standard videos are likely to look pass compared to augmented reality videos.
When developing AR videos for web content, look for platforms that offer a fully integrated web API to allow you to take any 3D model and put it on the web, such as Vuforia or Turbosquid.
2. Wearable Technology
Wearable technology is likely to be a hot tool for those interested in using augmented reality marketing to grow their brands. Combine tools like smartwatches and voice-enabled wearables to take your AR marketing to the next level. Imagine a marketing thought leader like Gary Vaynerchuk giving a keynote speech while wearing a voice-activated wearable and augmented reality glasses to broadcast his speech in real-time. Brands may be able to tap into this content through web APIs, as mentioned above.
3. Experiential Marketing
Experiential marketing will flourish thanks to augmented reality glasses and AR technology. If you want to develop a solid relationship with your target customers, understand that offering a superior brand experience is the key to creating long-term relationships with your audience.
For example, my company recently worked with a whiskey brand to develop an AR experience. We prompted users to point their cameras on the whiskey bottle's label, which in turn showcased a history of the whiskey brand and the various types of quality available for consumers.
4. Mixed-Media Marketing
Big-name brands such as Starbucks, Volvo and Walmart have already begun experimenting with augmented reality marketing. Industry thought leaders are realizing mixed reality marketing, virtual reality marketing and AR-enabled customer outreach is where the advertising and marketing industry is heading. Thanks to tools like Apple's ARKit, even small business owners can follow the lead of industry thought leaders and put augmented reality marketing to work for their brands.
Brands looking to experiment with immersive technology can download ARKit and convert their marketing assets to 3D models, then import them into XCode in order to showcase 3D assets in real-time.
5. AR Interfaces
Augmented reality can be used in a variety of ways to increase brand awareness and drive sales. For example, include an AR interface next to your point of sale terminal, or AR interfaces that allow customers to try products prior to purchasing. Brands are using AR technology for everything from AR-enabled online content to AR-enabled interfaces at their trade shows and conferences.
Simply having a tablet in retail locations loaded up with 3D assets of your brand's products can allow you to showcase digital assets even when they aren't physically available.
6. AR Thought Leadership
The AR sector is expected to explode as more companies realize the possible uses for this technology. Sectors like manufacturing are already using augmented reality technology to design, build and test products. The sooner brand marketers realize the numerous ways they can use augmented reality technology to connect with their audiences, the sooner they can build reputations as marketing thought leaders.
Some of the best ways brands can get the word out about their immersive technology initiatives are to showcase them live in person at trade shows. This gives your prospective customers a first-hand perspective and engages them in a unique and meaningful way. This works especially well for products that are large and cumbersome and would be too expensive to travel with in order to showcase.
7. AR-Enabled Ads
Augmented reality technology can be used for everything from product testing to advertising. Expect to see a growing number of advertising networks and social media platforms begin to offer AR-enabled ads. When you consider potential customers being able to interact with your AR-enabled ads on social networks like Facebook, you begin to see the potential of augmented reality as a customer acquisition tool.
Including a call to action and a touchpoint or hyperlink within your AR application will give customers a direct link to sales channels for those engagements.
8. A Growing Trend Across Industries
A growing number of industries are expected to capitalize on augmented reality marketing. From the fashion and beauty sector to automotive and travel industries, augmented reality marketing is likely to be a hot trend across numerous verticals in the coming years. Understanding how marketing and advertising are changing will allow savvy brand builders to maximize their customer outreach efforts; this is especially true in the technology sector where brands are constantly looking to innovate.
If you are a business builder intrigued by the move toward augmented reality, it is imperative you start developing an augmented reality marketing strategy now. Creating a detailed plan of action to capitalize on AR technology can help you develop a sizable lead over your competitors while building your reputation as an industry thought leader at the same time.
Will your company be integrating augmented reality into your overall marketing strategy in 2019?
Read the original here:
- What to do in Toronto this week: February 24-March 1 - NOW Magazine - February 24th, 2020
- Behold, the Fine Art of the Lesbian Thirst Trap - NewNowNext - February 24th, 2020
- How beauty is being used to fight back against facial recognition and CCTV - Dazed - February 24th, 2020
- How To Get Millions To Watch Your Short Film On Third-Party Youtube Channels - Cartoon Brew - February 12th, 2020
- SA historian to help plan SU's 150th anniversary celebration - The Daily Orange - February 12th, 2020
- Riverdale Season 4 Episode 13 Review - Chapter 70: The Ides of March - Den of Geek US - February 12th, 2020
- Google Maps gets a makeover for its 15th birthday - SlashGear - February 12th, 2020
- JackSepticEye reveals how controversy has affected PewDiePie - Dexerto - February 12th, 2020
- 8 Ways to Drive More Calls & Better Call Quality with Paid Search - Search Engine Journal - January 31st, 2020
- What is Slack and how does it work? Plus plenty of Slack tips and tricks - Pocket-lint - January 31st, 2020
- 5 ways to be a bit safer this Data Privacy Day - Naked Security - January 31st, 2020
- Byte Proves That Vine Is Inherently Superior to TikTok - VICE - January 31st, 2020
- Catching up with SpecmenceCBJ, YouTubes foremost Columbus Blue Jackets archivist - The Cannon - January 31st, 2020
- Niladri Dutta: Enhancing Deep Learning Innovation With Knowledge-Based Decisioning - Analytics Insight - January 31st, 2020
- MLBTR Poll: How Good Are The Reds? - The Union Journal - January 30th, 2020
- Four Ways To Prepare Yourself For Real Estate Investing Success In 2020 - Forbes - January 5th, 2020
- Dr. Pimple Popper Just Popped A Monster Inflamed Cyst In The Ultimate Popaholic Challenge Youtube Video - Women's Health - January 5th, 2020
- Behind the scenes in the Getty photo archives with 'Unseen' - Los Angeles Times - January 5th, 2020
- CES 2020 tips and tricks: Your guide to techs biggest trade show - VentureBeat - January 5th, 2020
- How William Gibson Keeps His Science Fiction Real - The New Yorker - December 18th, 2019
- PewDiePie Quits Twitter After Confirming YouTube Hiatus - We Got This Covered - December 18th, 2019
- Everipedia Gives Back to Children by Partnering with GIVE Nation - GlobeNewswire - December 18th, 2019
- Heavy freight: Why drop-in pitches can't be moved interstate - Sydney Morning Herald - December 18th, 2019
- Amazfit GTR is the Best First Smartwatch for Watch lovers - International Business Times - December 18th, 2019
- Jigs and fixtures by Xometry - 3DPMN - December 18th, 2019
- Do We Have Minds of Our Own? - The New Yorker - December 11th, 2019
- What Are The Best Anonymous Bitcoin Casinos? - Coin Clarity - December 11th, 2019
- The 'artificial' eye of the artist - The Drum - November 27th, 2019
- Heres What to See, Watch, and Stream This Thanksgiving - Vulture - November 27th, 2019
- Guide To Beautiful Gifts From Craftsmen, Artists, And US Entrepreneurs - The Federalist - November 27th, 2019
- Friends reunion special with cast 'in the works at HBO Max' - Metro.co.uk - November 13th, 2019
- What can I do if I hate my job? Here are 5 things - Ladders - November 13th, 2019
- "Hide the Pain Harold" describes what it is like to become a famous meme - Boing Boing - November 13th, 2019
- Is the International Marketplace Network the best way to expand? - Tamebay - November 13th, 2019
- Look Ahead: Curio Aggregates News Stories Before Converting the Articles Into Audio Files - Editor And Publisher Magazine - November 13th, 2019
- With a recalibrated vision WEA commits to further God's Kingdom - Evangelical Focus - November 13th, 2019
- YouTube enters the live-streaming fight (again) - The Verge - November 13th, 2019
- How to crop your photos for Facebook - The Android Soul - November 13th, 2019
- Will C-3PO die in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker? - Headlinez Pro - October 23rd, 2019
- The teens don't want to love TikTok - The Outline - October 23rd, 2019
- Sister Wives: Maddie Brush Loves Taking Pics Of Her Kids Is Her New Camera Any Good? - TV Shows Ace - October 23rd, 2019
- Megan Barton-Hanson shares shady post after 'splitting' from girlfriend Chelcee Grimes - Heat World - October 23rd, 2019
- The Power of TuneCore: Kevin Cornell Interview - DJBooth - October 23rd, 2019
- Technology exposed Syrian war crimes over and over. Was it for nothing? - MIT Technology Review - October 23rd, 2019
- Lost albums of the 2010s what became of the albums we were promised but that never arrived? - NME Live - October 23rd, 2019
- Greta Kline of Frankie Cosmos on slowing down (to a certain point) - Metro US - September 18th, 2019
- With a $70 Kit, This Startup Promises to Turn Anyone Into an Artist - Inc. - September 18th, 2019
- Scarlett Moffatt shares troll post and calls for people to be kinder - digitalspy.com - September 18th, 2019
- IGTV: What, Why and How You Should be Using it as a Marketing Tool - Business 2 Community - September 18th, 2019
- Steam's wonderful Library Update beta is finally live: Here's how to get it - PCWorld - September 18th, 2019
- Love Islands Arabella Chi says I love you to new boyfriend Wes Nelson after just two months of dating - The Sun - September 18th, 2019
- Looking To Sell Smartphone? Here's What You Need to Know - Updato - September 18th, 2019
- Mind uploading - Wikipedia - April 25th, 2019
- Mind Uploading - April 25th, 2019
- Mind uploading in fiction - Wikipedia - April 25th, 2019
- The virtual afterlife will transform humanity | Aeon Essays - March 20th, 2019
- Your mind will not be uploaded Soft Machines - March 20th, 2019
- Brain Uploading - TV Tropes - June 14th, 2018
- Mind uploading | Transhumanism Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - May 22nd, 2018
- Michael Graziano on The Evolution of Consciousness and ... - April 26th, 2018
- Neuroscientists devise scheme for mind-uploading centuries ... - March 16th, 2018
- New Brain Preservation Technique Could Be a Path to Mind ... - March 16th, 2018
- How to create your own wedding Snapchat filter - Omaha World-Herald - August 25th, 2017
- A song that speaks to you - The Hindu - August 22nd, 2017
- These 7 Forces Are Changing the World at an Extraordinary Rate - Singularity Hub - August 22nd, 2017
- Josh Peck Is Hotter Than a Peruvian Puff Pepper in His Latest Underwear Snap - Life & Style Weekly - August 22nd, 2017
- Blog: Eclipse.Today's The Day! - WAVY-TV (blog) - August 21st, 2017
- YouTube star Lisa's top tips to have you feeling all made up - Belfast Telegraph - August 21st, 2017
- Sam Claflin Slips Into Shailene Woodley's Bathing Suit In Fiji & We Have A Lot Of Questions - Hollywood Life - August 19th, 2017
- Film Review: Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars - Pats Pulpit - August 18th, 2017
- Ashes to Ashes, Dust to ... Interactive Biodegradable Funerary Urns? - WUWM - August 18th, 2017
- Get fit: Fitness gurus you can work out with for free on YouTube - Daily Commercial - August 15th, 2017
- Watch The Heart-Stopping Moment A Biker Cartwheeled In Front Of A Car - Car Throttle - August 15th, 2017
- Why 802.11ax is the next big thing in Wi-Fi - Network World - August 14th, 2017
- Hands on: Nest Cam Indoor and Outdoor home security cameras - The Sydney Morning Herald - August 13th, 2017
- How Maryland's political parties ramped up their ground games for 2018 - Washington Post - August 13th, 2017
- Carbon Black may be leaking terabytes of customer data (UPDATED) - Healthcare IT News - August 11th, 2017
- Mouni Roy's Version Of Baadshaho Song Rashke Qamar Will Blow Your Mind Away - India.com - August 11th, 2017
- Exclusive: In An RTI Response, Censor Board Says It Cannot Do ... - Huffington Post India - August 11th, 2017
- Internet service providers in Nigeria: which one is the fastest? - NAIJ.COM - August 10th, 2017