I'm a big fan of Bitcoin... Regulation of money supply needs to be depoliticized.
Bitcoin is a technological tour de force.
Every informed person needs to know about Bitcoin because it might be one of the world's most important developments.
With the Bitcoin price so volatile everyone is curious. Bitcoin, the category creator of blockchain technology, is the World Wide Ledger yet extremely complicated and no one definition fully encapsulates it. By analogy it is like being able to send a gold coin via email. It is a consensus network that enables a new payment system and a completely digital money.
It is the first decentralized peer-to-peer payment network that is powered by its users with no central authority or middlemen. Bitcoin was the first practical implementation and is currently the most prominent triple entry bookkeeping system in existence.
Beware of the confusingly similar Bcash, BCH, Bitcoin Cash project.
The first Bitcoin specification and proof of concept was published in 2009 by an unknown individual under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto who revealed little about himself and left the project in late 2010. The Bitcoin community has since grown exponentially.
Satoshi's anonymity often raises unjustified concerns because of a misunderstanding of Bitcoin's open-source nature. Everyone has access to all of the source code all of the time and any developer can review or modify the software code. As such, the identity of Bitcoin's inventor is probably as relevant today as the identity of the person who invented paper.
Over $1B of investment into Bitcoin and blockchain companies has taken place resulting in thousands of companies and hundreds of thousands of individuals involved from around the world.
Nobody owns the Bitcoin network much like no one owns the technology behind email or the Internet. Bitcoin transactions are verified by Bitcoin miners which has an entire industry and Bitcoin cloud mining options. While developers are improving the software they cannot force a change in the Bitcoin protocol because all users are free to choose what software and version they use.
In order to stay compatible with each other, all users need to use software complying with the same rules. Bitcoin can only work correctly with a complete consensus among all users. Therefore, all users and developers have a strong incentive to protect this consensus.
From a user perspective, Bitcoin is nothing more than a mobile app or computer program that provides a personal Bitcoin wallet and enables a user to send and receive bitcoins.
Behind the scenes, the Bitcoin network is sharing a massive public ledger called the "block chain". This ledger contains every transaction ever processed which enables a user's computer to verify the validity of each transaction. The authenticity of each transaction is protected by digital signatures corresponding to the sending addresses therefore allowing all users to have full control over sending bitcoins.
Thus, there is no fraud, no chargebacks and no identifying information that could be compromised resulting in identity theft. To learn more about Bitcoin, you can consult the original Bitcoin whitepaper, read through the extremely thorough Frequently Asked Questions, listen to a Bitcoin podcast or read the latest Bitcoin news.
Many people new to Bitcoin are curious about how to get some. Bitcoin faucets, places where bitcoins are given away for free, have been a part of spreading Bitcoin since the earliest days. But one problem is running out of bitcoins to give! That is why we have figured out a sustainable way to give away free bitcoins with sponsors.
- Bitcoin Price Climbs to $9,500 After Third Higher High in One Week - Cointelegraph - January 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin Aint What It Used To Be, Pioneer Investor Says - Cointelegraph - January 30th, 2020
- Why Tomorrows Monthly Close In Bitcoin Could Be Its Most Critical Yet - newsBTC - January 30th, 2020
- This is the right amount of bitcoin to keep in an investment portfolio - CNBC - January 30th, 2020
- Still Too Early To Declare Longer-Term Bitcoin Trend Change - Forbes - January 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin Rallies to Near $9150 as Stocks Drop Over Coronavirus Fears - Coindesk - January 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin Eyes Best January Close in 7 Years After 30% Price Increase - Coindesk - January 30th, 2020
- Do or Die For Bitcoin Bears: Its The Most Critical Period For BTC - newsBTC - January 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin Breaks 7-Month Downtrend But Must Clear These Hurdles to $10K - Cointelegraph - January 30th, 2020
- Theres Something Very Strange Going On With Bitcoin Exchange LocalBitcoins - Forbes - January 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Indicator That Called 2019 Bull Run Flashes Green Again - Cointelegraph - January 30th, 2020
- Different Type of Shakeout Trader Says Bitcoin Unlikely to Hit $6K - Cointelegraph - January 30th, 2020
- 3 Reasons Why Bitcoin Price Broke Above $9K Today - Bitcoinist - January 30th, 2020
- Yang in the Oval Office Is Bitcoins Only Chance of Reaching Critical Mass - CCN.com - January 30th, 2020
- This Bitcoin Competitor Pumped 272% And a Self-Proclaimed Inventor of BTC Says He Knows Why - The Daily Hodl - January 30th, 2020
- No Virus Woes for Bitcoin as It Climbs to Highest Since November - Bloomberg - January 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin Risk-Return a Different Beast Compared to Amazon: Analyst - Cointelegraph - January 30th, 2020
- A Massive 500 Bitcoin Sell Order Hits Binance For First Time in a While, Heres What It Means - newsBTC - January 30th, 2020
- Bitcoins 15% Weekly Gain Could Send Ethereum Flying: Heres Why - newsBTC - January 30th, 2020
- Nothing Special Bitcoin Slumps 6% on Coronavirus, Chinese New Year - Cointelegraph - January 30th, 2020
- BitMEX Open Interest Hitting $1B Could Be Bullish for Bitcoin This Time - newsBTC - January 30th, 2020
- Bitcoin, ETH, XRP, And LTC Rally Fades: What's Next? - Forbes - January 30th, 2020
- Elon Musk Reveals His True Opinion on Bitcoin and Crypto - Cointelegraph - January 30th, 2020
- Crypto Price Analysis & Overview January 30th: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Monero, and IOTA. - CryptoPotato - January 30th, 2020
- The Invisible Global Currency Thats 24 Times Bigger Than Bitcoin - Forbes - January 30th, 2020
- Is Bitcoin in 2020 Really Like the Early Internet? - CoinDesk - January 13th, 2020
- Analyst Expects Altcoins to Suffer With Launch of Bitcoin Options: Heres Why - newsBTC - January 13th, 2020
- Dash Surges by Over 16% as Bitcoin Price Hovers at $8,100 - Cointelegraph - January 13th, 2020
- 2019 Bitcoin Transaction Volume Moved Away From US in First Since 2013 - Cointelegraph - January 13th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Will Be Golden in 2020 Thanks to Limited Supply, Increasing Use: Bloomberg Report - CoinDesk - January 13th, 2020
- Bitcoin Trading Volumes More than Doubled in a Week Says Report - Cointelegraph - January 13th, 2020
- Bitcoin Rockets Over $8,000 As Ripples XRP, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, And Litecoin Suddenly Soar [Updated] - Forbes - January 13th, 2020
- Bitfinex Premium Goes Negative; Last Time it Did, Bitcoin Fell 30% in 3 Months - newsBTC - January 13th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC/USD struggles to sustain the $8,100 level - FXStreet - January 13th, 2020
- Analyst: Bitcoin to Target $9,500 Due to A Few Key Factors - Ethereum World News - January 13th, 2020
- Bitcoin Equivalent of $4.7 Trillion Added to US Debt is $260k per BTC - Bitcoinist - January 13th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Primed For Fresh Rally And Only 1 Thing Is Holding It Back - newsBTC - January 13th, 2020
- 60% of Bitcoins havent moved for more than a year - Yahoo Finance - January 13th, 2020
- Libra Association Exec: World Needs Us Because Bitcoin Is 'Not a Means of Payment' - CoinDesk - January 13th, 2020
- Ethereum could be undervalued compared to Bitcoin: analyst - AMBCrypto - January 13th, 2020
- New Bitcoin Addresses Averaged At 124 Million Since 2017: Data - Bitcoinist - January 13th, 2020
- US and European Regulators Say Crypto a Priority This Year - Bitcoin News - January 13th, 2020
- Bitcoin Could Take Centre Stage at the 2020 NBA All Star Game, With Your Help - newsBTC - January 13th, 2020
- Bitcoin And Everything It Has Done For The World So Far - CryptoPotato - January 13th, 2020
- What good is Bitcoin if the Internet fails? - Decrypt - January 13th, 2020
- Forget gold and Bitcoin! I'd invest regularly in FTSE 100 shares in an ISA to make a million - Yahoo Finance UK - January 13th, 2020
- Independent Report Declares News.Bitcoin.com the Top Crypto News Site - Bitcoin News - January 13th, 2020
- Why Proof of Reserves Is Important to Bitcoin - Bitcoin Magazine - January 13th, 2020
- Bitcoins transaction fee 426x more than Litecoin in 2019 - AMBCrypto - January 13th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price To Rise Above $20,000 In 2020, Says Bitpays Singh - Forbes - January 10th, 2020
- Why The Bitcoin Price Could Hit $50,000 In 2020 - Forbes - January 10th, 2020
- No, Bitcoin Isnt Going For Anywhere Near $24,000 In IranHeres Why - Forbes - January 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin Is In Steep Downtrend, But This Variable Can Trigger A New Rally - newsBTC - January 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin Just Got Rejected at $8,400, And It Means a Big Fall Ahead - newsBTC - January 10th, 2020
- Ransomwares Year-End Thank You Note To Bitcoin - Law360 - January 10th, 2020
- Why Proof of Reserves Is Important to Bitcoin - Nasdaq - January 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin Accepted: This Rapper Welcomes BTC Payments and HODLs - newsBTC - January 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin Bull Run: 3 Reasons Why BTC Will Continue to Surge - Bitcoinist - January 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin Flashes Signs of Starting a Massive Bull Run, But One Key Hurdle Remains - newsBTC - January 10th, 2020
- Can digital gold Bitcoin ever be mined in India? - ETCIO.com - January 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin Starts Corrective Decrease But Bulls Not Out Of Woods Yet - newsBTC - January 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin (BTC) and Federal Reserve Have One Thing in Common, According to CNBC's Guy Adami - U.Today - January 10th, 2020
- The Recipe that Causes Bitcoin to Rise: Economic and Geopolitical Uncertainty - newsBTC - January 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin (BTC) Compared to Tesla (TSLA) by Prominent Investor. Elon Musk Won't Like It - U.Today - January 10th, 2020
- Heres What Must Happen for $9K Bitcoin Price in the Coming Months - Cointelegraph - January 10th, 2020
- These Factors Signal that Bitcoin is Just Taking a Breather Before Another Rally - Ethereum World News - January 10th, 2020
- Why Analysts Think Bitcoins Surge to $7,450 is Just the Beginning - newsBTC - January 10th, 2020
- New crisis in the Middle East: Good for bitcoin, bad for the world - Decrypt - January 10th, 2020
- How Dropgangs and Dead Drops Are Transforming Darknet Practices - Bitcoin News - January 10th, 2020
- This Company Sets Out to Prove Crypto Mining Has a Place in Your Home - Bitcoin News - January 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin price | index, chart and news | WorldCoinIndex - January 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Today Live Bitcoin Value - Charts & Market ... - January 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Live, Bitcoin Chart , BTC Value Today, BTC ... - January 5th, 2020
- 2020 predictions for bitcoin, Libra, and the digital yuan - Quartz - January 5th, 2020
- U.S. Assassination Of A Major Iranian Official Poses An Unprecedented Test Of Bitcoins Role As A Safe Haven Asset - Forbes - January 5th, 2020
- 2010s In Bitcoin: The Year 2019 - Forbes - January 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin is on the Cusp of a Major Price Movement - Crypto Briefing - January 5th, 2020
- Happy Birthday Bitcoin! Here's a Look at Bitcoin's 11th Year by the Numbers - Bitcoin Magazine - January 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin Price Could Rally to $9K Before a Massive Collapse, Heres Why - Cointelegraph - January 5th, 2020
- Why 2020 will be the best year yet for Bitcoins Lightning Network - Decrypt - January 5th, 2020