ZUG, Switzerland, Sept. 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Bitcoin Association, the global industry organization which works to advance business with the Bitcoin SV blockchain, has today named three finalists in its 3rd Bitcoin SV Hackathon to compete for a share of a USD $100,000 prize pool paid in BSV. The announcement follows yesterday's release of a shortlist of ten semi-finalists, selected by a preliminary judging panel as the ten best entries from all projects submitted.
One of the premier events in Bitcoin Association's developer education programme, Bitcoin SV Hackathons are global coding competitions designed to challenge developers to both learn about the technical power of Bitcoin's original protocol and innovate on the fly. Organized by Bitcoin Association, run by leading blockchain research & development firm nChain, and sponsored by CoinGeek, Bitcoin SV Hackathons task entrants with developing an application or service within the parameters of a given theme that leverage the unique capabilities of the Bitcoin SV blockchain, all within a set period of time.
The theme for the 3rd Bitcoin SV Hackathon was 'Connecting the world to one global blockchain'. A distinguishing feature of the Bitcoin SV blockchain is its ability to scale unbounded, enabling greater data capacity and high volumes of low-fee transactions sent instantly across the globe. These capabilities support the rise of a single digital currency (BSV) for micropayments, break down historical industry data silos, and facilitate technical interoperability in ways never before possible. Entrants were challenged to utilise these capabilities in their project, using the Bitcoin SV blockchain to establish new efficiencies and opportunities for interconnectivity.
This edition of the Bitcoin SV Hackathon was the most competitive to date. In all, 418 people from 75 countries took part over an eight-week coding phase, with 42 final projects submitted for consideration.
The three finalists will be invited to present their projects at the upcoming CoinGeek Live 2020 conference, September 30 October 2. The Hackathon Final Round presentations will be on Day 1 (September 30) of the conference, with winners announced on Day 3 (October 2). The finalists will compete for a share of a USD $100,000 BSV prize pool $50,000 for 1st place, $30,000 for 2nd, and $20,000 for 3rd.
Final placings will be determined by a combination of a Final Round judging panel and audience voting through an augmented reality experience for online attendees of CoinGeek Live.
The finalists for the 3rd Bitcoin SV Hackathon are:
KyrtKyrt integrates Bitcoin microtransactions with subscribable events available via Zapier a major platform enabling easy integration workflows across more than 2000 applications. Zapier is an incredibly powerful tool and by integrating a micropayment rail into any application interaction, the possibilities are endless.
RepZipIdentity on-chain is a fiercely discussed topic in Bitcoin SV and a key missing piece of infrastructure. RepZip not only provides a real solution to the problem, but also integrates with Paymail and existing Bitcoin data infrastructure in a way that can satisfy a plethora of use cases. Identity is powerful and is a core link between the digital and the physical world. When the solution integrates 3rdparty attestation, this will become a core and central part of day to day Bitcoin interactions.
STOTASKSTOTASK is a new entrant in the 'gig economy' that allows owners of datasets to leverage the idle time of anyone to apply human interpretation to tag data. This is a missing link between human classification and machine learning. Classification tasks that are easy for humans but hard for machines can become machine-learned with an initial human input. Bitcoin SV is used as the payment rail for STOTASK, enabling work to be paid out in very small increments. Coupling this with Metanet data structuring in the future has huge potential.
Speaking about the finalists, nChain CTO Steve Shadders, said:
"With each iteration of the Hackathon, we're seeing the quality and creativity of entries continue to improve. This time around, with the extended coding phase of the competition, it's clear that the additional time has been put into really developing these ideas into high-quality, well-thought-out submissions. I'm excited to see each of the three finalists present their project at CoinGeek Live, but it's certainly not going to be easy determining a winner!"
Also commenting on today's announcement, Bitcoin Association Founding President Jimmy Nguyen, said:
"The standard of submissions for the 3rd Bitcoin SV Hackathon has raised the bar once again and reflects the continued maturing of Bitcoin SV development. What impressed me the most is the diversity of projects entered business and consumer applications that each have a unique take on our theme of 'Connecting the world to one global blockchain' but all with the common thread of leveraging the distinguishing powers of the Bitcoin SV blockchain. I'd like to thank all of the more than 400 people who took part in the competition. While we select a champion in a few weeks' time, all the participants win by building on BSV."
About Bitcoin Association
Bitcoin Associationis theSwitzerland-basedglobal industry organization that works to advance business on the Bitcoin SV blockchain. It brings together essential components of the Bitcoin SV ecosystem enterprises, start-up ventures, developers, merchants, exchanges, service providers, blockchain transaction processors (miners), and others working alongside them, as well as in a representative capacity, to drive further use of the Bitcoin SV blockchain and uptake of the BSV digital currency.
The Association works to build a regulation-friendly ecosystem that fosters lawful conduct while facilitating innovation using all aspects of Bitcoin technology. More than a digital currency and blockchain, Bitcoin is also a network protocol; just like Internet protocol, it is the foundational rule set for an entire data network. The Association supports use of the original Bitcoin protocol to operate the world's single blockchain on Bitcoin SV.
SOURCE Bitcoin Association
- Who Is Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakamoto? What We Knowand Dont Know - The Wall Street Journal - November 29th, 2021
- Bitcoin Reached A 7-Week Low TodayHere's What Traders Should Know - Forbes - November 29th, 2021
- The future is Bitcoin, according to South Park creators - Cointelegraph - November 29th, 2021
- Bitcoin bear market: These are the 5 best performing cryptocurrencies - Markets Insider - November 29th, 2021
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Crypto News and Price Data - Coindesk - November 29th, 2021
- Hedge Fund Manager Anthony Scaramucci Compares Bitcoin to Amazon in the Year 2000, Predicts Strong Q1 for BTC - The Daily Hodl - November 29th, 2021
- Data Shows a Myriad of Crypto Networks Are More Profitable to Mine Than Bitcoin Mining Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - November 29th, 2021
- Thailand Plans to Become 'Crypto-Positive Society' Governor Says 'Crypto Is the Future' Regulation Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - November 29th, 2021
- Forget Ether! Solana will Emerge as a Big 'Bitcoin Killer' in 2022 - Analytics Insight - November 29th, 2021
- Bitcoin And Biases: Agnotology, The Making And Unmaking Of Ignorance - Bitcoin Magazine - November 29th, 2021
- Bitcoin Or Ethereum? Which Blockchain Is Heavier? BitMEX Research Reports - Bitcoinist - November 29th, 2021
- Sneaker Giant Adidas Says the Metaverse Is 'Exciting,' Reveals Partnership With Coinbase Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - November 29th, 2021
- $BTC: ARK Invest CEO Explains Why Institutional Investors Are Getting Into Bitcoin - CryptoGlobe - November 29th, 2021
- Bitcoin miners and oil and gas execs mingled at a secretive meetup in Houston here's what they talked about - CNBC - September 5th, 2021
- Is Bitcoin Losing Its Position As The Crypto Market's Leader? - Forbes - September 5th, 2021
- Bitcoin Trades Above $50000 as Cryptos Gain Steam. What's Behind the Rally. - Barron's - September 5th, 2021
- As Global Inflation Heats Up, Bitcoin Saves The Day - Bitcoin Magazine - September 5th, 2021
- Why Bitcoin-Related And Ethereum-Related Stocks Are Rising - Yahoo Finance - September 5th, 2021
- The IRS Goes Undercover As A Bitcoin Trader In $180,000 Sting - Forbes - September 5th, 2021
- Will PayPals adoption of bitcoin make cryptocurrency more mainstream? - New Scientist News - September 5th, 2021
- Bitcoin May Hit $100,000-Mark By End Of 2021 With Current Bull Run: Experts - NDTV Profit - September 5th, 2021
- Twitter reportedly working on Bitcoin tipping feature - Cointelegraph - September 5th, 2021
- The Transition Between Fiat And Bitcoin - Bitcoin Magazine - September 5th, 2021
- Vitalik Buterin Has Suggestions for Dogecoin and Doge's Cooperation With Ethereum Altcoins Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - September 5th, 2021
- Mastermind of Zimbabwean Bitcoin Pyramid Scheme Vanishes With $6 Million Regulation Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - September 5th, 2021
- From $250 Billion to $2.35 Trillion: A Look at the Top Ten Crypto Market Cap Shifts Over 2 Years Markets and Prices Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - September 5th, 2021
- Yes, bitcoin could be the new GameStop - CNBC - February 1st, 2021
- Silver Is the New GameStop as Musk's #Bitcoin Stalls - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - February 1st, 2021
- Behind the Bitcoin Bubble - The Wall Street Journal - February 1st, 2021
- This investor in both gold and bitcoin says only one offers real long-term safety - MarketWatch - February 1st, 2021
- Bitcoin White Paper - Miami - City of Miami - February 1st, 2021
- Bitcoin and Inflation: Everything You Need to Know - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - February 1st, 2021
- What the crypto bill means for bitcoin investors - Mint - February 1st, 2021
- r/WallStreetBets Shows Bitcoin's In The Game - Bitcoin Magazine - February 1st, 2021
- Elon Musk talks Mars, monkey brain implants and Bitcoin in Clubhouse interview - CNET - February 1st, 2021
- Laying out the biggest risks of investing in bitcoin in 2021 - KTAR.com - February 1st, 2021
- Bitcoin miners raked in more than $1 billion in revenue last month - TechRadar - February 1st, 2021
- Bitcoin Rally Attracts Wave Of Private Investment As Leading Blockchain VC Raises New $120 Million Fund - Forbes - December 26th, 2020
- Bitcoins Rally Has Already Outlasted 2017s Epic Run - The Wall Street Journal - December 26th, 2020
- Here's Why I Won't Buy Bitcoin, and You Shouldn't, Either - Motley Fool - December 26th, 2020
- The price of bitcoin is 'driven by manipulation': Nouriel Roubini - Yahoo Finance - December 26th, 2020
- Bitcoin To 27K Projection? - Yahoo Finance - December 26th, 2020
- Bitcoin And Crypto Trading Tips From Poker World Champion Annie Duke - Forbes - December 26th, 2020
- Mark Zuckerberg has another answer to Bitcoin - The Japan Times - December 26th, 2020
- An Unknown User Incurs More Than $80,000 in Transaction Fees When Sending BTC Worth $1 | Blockchain - Bitcoin News - December 26th, 2020
- Tokenized Bitcoin on Ethereum Now Tops $1.1 B: Here's Why - CoinDesk - Coindesk - September 25th, 2020
- 3 reasons why traders turned bullish after Bitcoin price surged to $10.7K - Cointelegraph - September 25th, 2020
- First Mover: Bitcoins Hit Exchanges as Bloomberg Touts Crypto and DeFi Hedge Fund Seeks $50M - CoinDesk - September 25th, 2020
- BitGo Is Bringing DeFi-Friendly Wrapped Bitcoin to the Tron Blockchain - CoinDesk - Coindesk - September 25th, 2020
- Keiser Insists 'Bitcoin Inversely Correlated To USD Not Stock Markets' After Crypto Market Tumble | Markets and Prices - Bitcoin News - September 25th, 2020
- Profit taking Bitcoin miners wont stop the next bull run: On-chain analyst - Cointelegraph - September 25th, 2020
- The Winklevosses have launched their bitcoin exchange in the UK - Wired.co.uk - September 25th, 2020
- Christies to sell its first non-fungible-token as part of epic Bitcoin artwork - Cointelegraph - September 25th, 2020
- Bitcoin-related ads are now streaming on Disney+ in some regions thanks to Zebpay - Cointelegraph - September 25th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency ETF by Nasdaq and Hashdex Approved to List on Bermuda Stock Exchange | Regulation - Bitcoin News - September 25th, 2020
- XSwap Started Yield Farming, The Highest APY Reaches 70,000% | Press release - Bitcoin News - September 25th, 2020
- Bitcoin sentiment at record lows Does it mean the price will go up? - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- Its a bull trap! 3 key metrics forecast Bitcoin price rejection at $11K - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- Bit Digital, Inc. Announced Officially to Cooperate with the World's Leading Bitcoin Colocation Partner In US - PRNewswire - September 18th, 2020
- How Bitcoin Correlations Drive the Narrative - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - September 18th, 2020
- Bitcoin hardware devices need to improve to handle complex transactions - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- First Mover: Bitcoin Investors the Sane Ones as Federal Reserve Cheers Inflation, Price Nears $11K - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - September 18th, 2020
- Why We Get Obsessed With Bitcoin - Decrypt - September 18th, 2020
- Tevoro.com Announces New Book Revealing What's Missing from Bitcoin, Ethereum and Other Cryptocurrencies - PRNewswire - September 18th, 2020
- Bank of England talks negative interest rates in best ad for Bitcoin - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- Fed, oil and record hash rate: 5 things to know in Bitcoin this week - Cointelegraph - September 18th, 2020
- Glen Oaks Escrow Announces It Assisted With Yet Another Bitcoin Transaction - PRNewswire - September 18th, 2020
- India's Crypto Bill Omitted From Parliament Agenda While New Ban Report Appears - Bitcoin News - September 18th, 2020
- First Mover: As Bitcoin Falls for Second Day, Long-Term Holders Probably Won't Care - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - September 5th, 2020
- Can You Have Your Bitcoin And Eat It Too? - Forbes - September 5th, 2020
- If Bitcoin Crashes Below $10,000 Its All OverHeres Why - Forbes - September 5th, 2020
- A Radical New Crypto Just Blew Past The Bitcoin Price All-Time HighUp A Shocking 3,500% In Just One Month - Forbes - September 5th, 2020
- First Mover: Buying Bitcoin's Dip, Betting Against Tether and Weighing the Jobs Report - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - September 5th, 2020
- Private Capital And Institutions Are Piling Into Bitcoin And Other Digital Assets But You Need To Know Where To Look - Forbes - September 5th, 2020
- Ethereum Soars 10% Overnight Implications For Bitcoin - Forbes - September 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin Down Almost 10% Today, You'll Be Surprised to Hear What's Next - FX Empire - September 5th, 2020
- So Far, a Nice Rise But Not a Wild Runup for Bitcoin Since the May Halving Event - Digital Transactions - September 5th, 2020
- Bitcoin Will Be Accepted for Tax Payments in Swiss Canton Zug Next Year | Taxes - Bitcoin News - September 5th, 2020
- The History of Bitcoin - WTOP - September 5th, 2020
- Wasabi Wallet Patches Flaw That Could Have Thwarted Bitcoin Privacy Feature - CoinDesk - Coindesk - September 5th, 2020