Artificial Intelligence (AI), just like all the other sci-fi technological advancements, used to be something that we read about in fiction novels and watch documentaries about with our family on Nat Geo. That was basically it. Its integration within our everyday lives was still quite far ahead.
However, things are much different now. Thanks to the exponential growth of machine learning and computer programming power in the last decade.
Artificial Intelligence is basically meant to be an imitation of human intelligence with some extensions added on top of it to make it more useful like a calculator that can give you solutions to your math problems without you having to spend time thinking about it for yourself.
In todays time, the question isnt about when artificial intelligence will be integrated in our everyday lives, but about how much of it is already there. A quick example (for all you millennials out there) would be the filters you might have seen and probably even use day-to-day on your social media apps like Instagram or Snapchat.
Another great example would be the voice assistant in your smartphone, probably Googles Google Assistant if you are an android user or Apples Siri if you are an iOS user. These assistants, in fact, are nothing but AI software designed to make your everyday life easier through voice recognition technology.
Pretty cool, right? We think so too. However, artificial intelligence isnt just about goofy filters or voice assistants that often get your command wrong and end up sending you directions to your nearby restaurant when you simply wanted to know what the weather will be like tomorrow morning.
Seeing how incredibly game-changing AI tech is, it didnt take us humans long to try to integrate it with almost every single part of our lives. From actual gaming to software that manage finances of multi-billion dollar industries, AI is incredibly powerful and certainly something that is revolutionizing the world as we speak.
Today, we are going to be exploring one of such use-cases of artificial intelligence: how it influences the banking industry and how the changes that it makes will affect global finance systems.
Before getting into the details, lets talk why such a dramatic change in the banking industry and almost every other industry was inevitable. All of that because of key reason: information.
Today, the average customer is not someone who needs to be told about the functionalities of the products or services they are consuming, but rather someone who already happens to be quite knowledgeable.
All of this, of course, is because of the internet and the information stored in it which is easily publically accessible to almost every single person on the planet. Today, people are more tech-savvy and exposed to advanced technologies in their everyday lives.
Thats why, competition is even fiercer between companies because better alternatives are always available to the potential customer. This led to an increase in the expectations of the customers with regards to the offerings made by companies.
The same applies for the banking industry. Because of this inevitable occurrence, banks are expected to be more efficient, secure, reliable, and fast. Thankfully, AI technology helps deliver almost all of those requests.
In fact, according to a recent research study, artificial intelligence is going to help financial institutions save about $1 trillion in project cost savings. Some stats by Accenture even show that AI will add $1.2 trillion in value to the financial industry by the year 2035.
Not just that, but artificial intelligence is an excellent way to minimize daily operational costs for financial institutions since they make for a great replacement against human employees who have to deal with a lot of repetitive and monotonous tasks like paperwork.
Through artificial intelligence, not only will banks and financial institutions be able to save time and minimize costs, but also increase overall productivity and eliminate error-prone human processes.
On top of that, AI will also make financial transactions really secure with better accountability allowing for reduced cases of money laundering making the job of regulatory bodies such as the FATF relatively easier.
All of these combined makes use for a great opportunity for banks to ditch manual and repetitive activities to AI-based software and focus more on spending time with high-value tasks and create better plans and services for clients that are more personalized and offer greater levels of customer satisfaction.
This might come off as a bit counter-intuitive to some people for obvious reasons. The general question that you might have in mind is that how is an AI software supposed to be better at handling humans than actual humans?
The answer is the same reason why most people today prefer withdrawing their money from an ATM rather than talking to an employee of a bank its faster, more convenient, and frankly, easier than starting a conversation.
Through the application of AI tech, banks can exercise use of AI chatbots and voice assistants that can be optimized in a way that makes them able to handle almost any inquiry of the customer especially at the times when a human employee might be off duty i.e. at night or on holidays.
An AI software wouldnt need a vacation or an increase in salary to increase its morale to keep it working at peak performance unlike an actual human being. It only requires occasional maintenance, if so.
Moreover, any skill that takes days or even weeks to be taught to a human employee, can be installed in an AI-backed software within a few hours using codes. All of this ultimately means 247 available service for the customer irrespective of their time zone, location, or requirements.
The best part about all of this is that AI software are always learning and bettering themselves by gathering new information from every person, every transaction, every activity, and every new feature that is being added to it.
In the coming times, it is predicted that artificial intelligence will completely replace most of the jobs in the banking as well as other industries and completely revolutionize the way we experience consumerism.
Thank you for reading this article. We hope we were able to help you gain some insight on the topic of artificial intelligence and how it influences the banking industry as a whole.
Read Next: How AI will help and change the remote work
See more here:
- AI in the courts - The Indian Express - July 12th, 2021
- Infrared cameras and artificial intelligence provide insight into boiling - MIT News - July 12th, 2021
- COVID: Artificial intelligence in the pandemic - DW (English) - July 12th, 2021
- The smart role of Artificial Intelligence in todays world - BL on Campus - July 12th, 2021
- Which companies are leading the way for artificial intelligence in the aerospace, defence & security sector? Companies leading the way for... - July 12th, 2021
- Navigating the Intersections of Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Privacy - JD Supra - July 12th, 2021
- Companies leading the way for artificial intelligence in the power sector - Power Technology - July 12th, 2021
- Military researchers ask for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning able to share experiences - Military & Aerospace Electronics - July 12th, 2021
- The Evolution of the Judiciary in the Age of Technology | Artificial Intelligence and the Delivery of Justice - Lexology - July 12th, 2021
- Content management and Artificial Intelligence the future of ContentOps - ITProPortal - July 12th, 2021
- How artificial intelligence is propelling the energy transition forward - Innovation Origins - July 12th, 2021
- Astronomers use artificial intelligence to reveal the true shape of universe - WION - July 12th, 2021
- A History of Regular Expressions and Artificial Intelligence - kottke.org - kottke.org - July 12th, 2021
- Experimenting thoughtfully with artificial intelligence - Reuters - June 15th, 2021
- VisionQuest Uses Artificial Intelligence to Screen 40000 Patients for Diabetic Retinopathy - Business Wire - June 15th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence for Rapid Exclusion of COVID-19 Infection - SciTechDaily - June 15th, 2021
- Researchers ask industry for military technologies in artificial intelligence (AI) and unmanned aircraft - Military & Aerospace Electronics - June 15th, 2021
- 5 Uses of Artificial Intelligence to Improve Customer Experience Measurement - Small Business Trends - June 15th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence and the McData-fueled future of capitalism - The Next Web - June 15th, 2021
- 5 Types of Artificial Intelligence that will Shape 2021 and Beyond - Analytics Insight - June 15th, 2021
- How Artificial Intelligence will Transform Businesses in 2021? - Analytics Insight - June 15th, 2021
- Use of Artificial Intelligence in the Research of Quantum Mechanics - Analytics Insight - June 15th, 2021
- Global Wearable Medical Devices Markets Report 2021: Integrating Artificial Intelligence in the Wearable Medical Devices is Gaining Traction -... - June 15th, 2021
- Your Future May Lie With an Artificial Intelligence Certificate - The Future of Things - June 15th, 2021
- White House partners with NSF to stand up National AI Research Resource Task Force - Federal News Network - June 15th, 2021
- RGS welcomes Artificial Intelligence Innovator to training event - Attain News - June 15th, 2021
- An artificial-intelligence powered ETF has smashed the S&P 500 in the last month without any meme stocks - Markets Insider - June 15th, 2021
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing the Future of Air Transportation - GW Today - June 15th, 2021
- Can We Learn Sperm Whale Language? Researchers Are Using Artificial Intelligence to Find Out - TheInertia.com - June 15th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence in the Pharmaceutical market worth US$27156.1 Million in 2031. Visiongain Research Inc. - GlobeNewswire - June 15th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence And The End Of Work - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- DoDs AI center striving to be connective tissue across all projects - Federal News Network - February 17th, 2021
- How Artificial Intelligence is Improving the Online Sports Betting Experience - MWWire - February 17th, 2021
- Chess and Artificial Intelligence (2) - Chessbase News - February 17th, 2021
- Calastone implements Opsmatix Artificial Intelligence solution Improving client handling and efficiency within client operations - PRNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- Global Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market (2020 to 2026) - by Component, Technology, Process, Application, Vehicle Type, Demand Category,... - February 17th, 2021
- Liverpool scientists deploy Artificial Intelligence to develop model that predicts the next pandemic - Times Now - February 17th, 2021
- Why Artificial Intelligence May Not Offer The Business Value You Think - CMSWire - February 17th, 2021
- Needed: People To Put The Intelligence In Artificial Intelligence - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- From vision to reality: the rise of Artificial Intelligence in the healthcare sector - Health Europa - February 17th, 2021
- Chess and Artificial Intelligence (1) - Chessbase News - February 17th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence helps automation, but can't tell you where to put your money, Indexa CEO says - Business Insider - February 17th, 2021
- Excerpt: 'Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Power' by Rajiv Malhotra - Times of India - February 17th, 2021
- BYU lab works to improve artificial intelligence communication - The Daily Universe - Universe.byu.edu - February 17th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence used to monitor patients with chronic diseases and COVID-19 - University of Virginia The Cavalier Daily - February 17th, 2021
- Elon Musk Talks Auto Safety and Regulation of Artificial Intelligence with Joe Rogan - Corporate Crime Reporter - February 17th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Market is expected to rise at a remarkable CAGR during the Forecast Period 2020-2026 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper... - February 17th, 2021
- AI Definition & Meaning | What is Artificial Intelligence? - February 7th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence and Sustainable Development Goals - Analytics Insight - February 7th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence can predict whether you will die from COVID-19 - Free Press Journal - February 7th, 2021
- Beyond the Unknown: Applications of Artificial intelligence In Space - Analytics Insight - February 7th, 2021
- Two UWF teams place in top 5 in national artificial intelligence competition - University of West Florida Newsroom - UWF Newsroom - February 7th, 2021
- Bingo and AI: The changing relation between entertainment and artificial intelligence - Analytics Insight - February 7th, 2021
- Off The Menu: Artificial intelligence lends hand in recipe development - MassLive.com - February 6th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence must not be allowed to replace the imperfection of human empathy - The Conversation UK - February 6th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence and the Gamestonk blowback - The Next Web - February 6th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence in Policing Is the Focus of Encode Justice - Teen Vogue - February 6th, 2021
- 'Artificial Intelligence' Integrated PET-CT launched at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad on the occasion of World Cancer Day 2021 - PR Newswire India - February 6th, 2021
- SLAS Technology Special Collection on Artificial Intelligence in Process Automation Available Now - Newswise - February 6th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence Will Change The Way We Work Once We Get Back To The Office - Forbes - February 6th, 2021
- Chemistry and computer science join forces to apply artificial intelligence to chemical reactions - Princeton University - February 6th, 2021
- How to Build a Modern Workplace with Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things - BBN Times - February 6th, 2021
- Morality Poses the Biggest Risk to Military Integration of Artificial Intelligence - The National Interest - February 6th, 2021
- Canon Medical expands reach of its MRI artificial intelligence programs - FierceBiotech - February 6th, 2021
- Harnessing the Power of Artificial Intelligence with High-Performance Computing: Dell Technologies - CRN - India - CRN.in - February 6th, 2021
- AI-Powered Cooperation Will Transform US Military Operations Homeland Security Today - HSToday - February 6th, 2021
- Skinopathy Files Provisional Patent for Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality Powered Technology that will Guide Skin Cancer Surgeries - Yahoo... - February 6th, 2021
- How Artificial intelligence is Transforming the Apparel Industry - BBN Times - February 6th, 2021
- How Airbus And Boeing Are Using Artificial Intelligence To Advance Autonomous Flight - Simple Flying - February 6th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence Robots Market to Witness Huge Growth by Top Key Players | Welltok, Inc., Intel Corporation, Nvidia Corporation And More KSU |... - February 6th, 2021
- A crewless boat is recreating the Mayflower's 400-year-old journey, with the help of artificial intelligence - CBS News - December 26th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Is It All Just Costly Hype? - Dice Insights - December 26th, 2020
- 7 Types of Artificial Intelligence: Propelling the Technology Development - Analytics Insight - December 26th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence will go mainstream in 2021 The Manila Times - The Manila Times - December 26th, 2020
- Top 7 Amazing Artificial Intelligence Applications that Are Unfamiliar - Analytics Insight - December 26th, 2020
- NASCAR Team up with the World Poker Tour while Artificial Intelligence Breaks New Barriers - HighstakesDB - December 26th, 2020
- Youve heard of Elf on the Shelf; in New Haven theres elf with artificial intelligence - New Haven Register - December 26th, 2020
- How is Artificial Intelligence Transforming the lives of People with Disabilities? - Analytics Insight - December 26th, 2020
- How Bad Is Your Spotify? There's Artificial Intelligence to Judge Your Taste - Distractify - December 26th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence measure included in must-pass government funding deal - Homeland Preparedness News - December 26th, 2020