It has always been said that artificial intelligence is supposed to make human life easier and better. One of the fields in which artificial intelligence can be very effective and improve the quality of human life is treatment, health, and medical services. In general, the use of artificial intelligence in therapeutic and medical processes and makes great help for doctors and patients, as well as for hospitals that use this technology.
Artificial intelligence has numerous applications in medicine and treatment. The meaning of these countless users is that from recognizing the connection between genetic codes to using artificial intelligence robots for difficult surgeries, everyone is among the users of artificial intelligence in the field of medicine. With all these applications, artificial intelligence has been able to create a modern course in health services and take it to another level.
Use artificial intelligence to more accurately diagnose and reduce medical errors
In 2015, 10% of deaths in the United States were due to misdiagnosis and medical errors. For this reason, one of the most important tasks of artificial intelligence in the field of treatment and medicine can be to reduce medical errors and help correctly diagnose diseases.Lack of accurate and complete information about people's medical records is one of the important reasons that can lead to costly and deadly medical errors. Given all this information, artificial intelligence can predict or diagnose a disease very quickly. In one study, for example, an artificial intelligence model using algorithms and in-depth learning performed better than 11 other pathologists in diagnosing breast cancer.
Development of new drugs based on artificial intelligence
The pharmaceutical industry always has a lot of money for research and development, which requires thousands of hours of time and thousands of manpower, which requires huge budgets. Statistics show that medical tests on each drug cost about $ 2.6 billion, while only 10 percent of the drugs tested can be marketed. Due to all these cases, pharmaceutical companies have started to use artificial intelligence due to the many applications that artificial intelligence can have in this field.
One of the most important milestones in the use of artificial intelligence in drug production was in 2007. This year, researchers tried to study the function of yeasts using a robot called Adam. Adam predicted billions of data points in public databases to hypothesize the function of 19 genes in yeast and predicted nine new and accurate hypotheses. Adam's robot friend, Eve, discovered that triclosan, a key ingredient in toothpaste, could fight malaria parasites.
Simplify and streamline the treatment process for patients using artificial intelligence
In the healthcare industry, time is equal to money and capital. Providing an effective patient experience allows hospitals, clinics, and physicians to receive and treat more patients on a daily basis.
In 2016, more than 35 million patients were admitted to U.S. hospitals, each with different diseases and different insurance coverage that creates different conditions. A 2016 study of 35,000 physicians found that 96% of patient complaints about lack of customer service were confusion about paper games and negative experiences with service delivery.
New AI innovations in the healthcare industry can improve the patient experience and help hospital staff process millions of data points faster and more efficiently.
Collect and manage medical data and information using artificial intelligence
One of the next frontiers to be conquered by big data will undoubtedly be the healthcare industry. Valuable information is sometimes lost in the millions of data, causing the industry to lose hundreds of billions of dollars. In addition, the inability to connect important data points slows down the development of new drugs, the production of prophylactic drugs, and the proper detection process.
Many healthcare professionals have turned to artificial intelligence to prevent these losses. This technology has the ability to analyze millions of data in minutes and extract information from which we need to spend a lot of time to obtain them
Get help from robots based on artificial intelligence in surgery
In recent years, the use of robots in surgery has become somewhat popular. Hospitals use robots in many areas, from minimally invasive treatments to open-heart surgery. According to a U.S. clinic, robots help physicians perform complex treatments with precision, flexibility and control that go beyond human capabilities.
Robots equipped with cameras, mechanical arms and surgical instruments increase the experience, skills and knowledge of physicians to create a new type of surgery. Surgeons control these mechanical arms using a computer. The robot gives the doctor a three-dimensional view with a magnification of the surgical site on the patient's body, which was not possible before and doctors used to rely only on the power of the eyes. Finally, this robot can guide the surgeon and the whole team.
Robotic surgeries reduce the risk of surgery, and the patient will feel less pain after surgery. In addition, in robotic surgeries, the patient's recovery time is reduced.
- AI in the courts - The Indian Express - July 12th, 2021
- Infrared cameras and artificial intelligence provide insight into boiling - MIT News - July 12th, 2021
- COVID: Artificial intelligence in the pandemic - DW (English) - July 12th, 2021
- The smart role of Artificial Intelligence in todays world - BL on Campus - July 12th, 2021
- Which companies are leading the way for artificial intelligence in the aerospace, defence & security sector? Companies leading the way for... - July 12th, 2021
- Navigating the Intersections of Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Privacy - JD Supra - July 12th, 2021
- Companies leading the way for artificial intelligence in the power sector - Power Technology - July 12th, 2021
- Military researchers ask for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning able to share experiences - Military & Aerospace Electronics - July 12th, 2021
- The Evolution of the Judiciary in the Age of Technology | Artificial Intelligence and the Delivery of Justice - Lexology - July 12th, 2021
- Content management and Artificial Intelligence the future of ContentOps - ITProPortal - July 12th, 2021
- How artificial intelligence is propelling the energy transition forward - Innovation Origins - July 12th, 2021
- Astronomers use artificial intelligence to reveal the true shape of universe - WION - July 12th, 2021
- A History of Regular Expressions and Artificial Intelligence - kottke.org - kottke.org - July 12th, 2021
- Experimenting thoughtfully with artificial intelligence - Reuters - June 15th, 2021
- VisionQuest Uses Artificial Intelligence to Screen 40000 Patients for Diabetic Retinopathy - Business Wire - June 15th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence for Rapid Exclusion of COVID-19 Infection - SciTechDaily - June 15th, 2021
- Researchers ask industry for military technologies in artificial intelligence (AI) and unmanned aircraft - Military & Aerospace Electronics - June 15th, 2021
- 5 Uses of Artificial Intelligence to Improve Customer Experience Measurement - Small Business Trends - June 15th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence and the McData-fueled future of capitalism - The Next Web - June 15th, 2021
- 5 Types of Artificial Intelligence that will Shape 2021 and Beyond - Analytics Insight - June 15th, 2021
- How Artificial Intelligence will Transform Businesses in 2021? - Analytics Insight - June 15th, 2021
- Use of Artificial Intelligence in the Research of Quantum Mechanics - Analytics Insight - June 15th, 2021
- Global Wearable Medical Devices Markets Report 2021: Integrating Artificial Intelligence in the Wearable Medical Devices is Gaining Traction -... - June 15th, 2021
- Your Future May Lie With an Artificial Intelligence Certificate - The Future of Things - June 15th, 2021
- White House partners with NSF to stand up National AI Research Resource Task Force - Federal News Network - June 15th, 2021
- RGS welcomes Artificial Intelligence Innovator to training event - Attain News - June 15th, 2021
- An artificial-intelligence powered ETF has smashed the S&P 500 in the last month without any meme stocks - Markets Insider - June 15th, 2021
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing the Future of Air Transportation - GW Today - June 15th, 2021
- Can We Learn Sperm Whale Language? Researchers Are Using Artificial Intelligence to Find Out - TheInertia.com - June 15th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence in the Pharmaceutical market worth US$27156.1 Million in 2031. Visiongain Research Inc. - GlobeNewswire - June 15th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence And The End Of Work - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- DoDs AI center striving to be connective tissue across all projects - Federal News Network - February 17th, 2021
- How Artificial Intelligence is Improving the Online Sports Betting Experience - MWWire - February 17th, 2021
- Chess and Artificial Intelligence (2) - Chessbase News - February 17th, 2021
- Calastone implements Opsmatix Artificial Intelligence solution Improving client handling and efficiency within client operations - PRNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- Global Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market (2020 to 2026) - by Component, Technology, Process, Application, Vehicle Type, Demand Category,... - February 17th, 2021
- Liverpool scientists deploy Artificial Intelligence to develop model that predicts the next pandemic - Times Now - February 17th, 2021
- Why Artificial Intelligence May Not Offer The Business Value You Think - CMSWire - February 17th, 2021
- Needed: People To Put The Intelligence In Artificial Intelligence - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- From vision to reality: the rise of Artificial Intelligence in the healthcare sector - Health Europa - February 17th, 2021
- Chess and Artificial Intelligence (1) - Chessbase News - February 17th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence helps automation, but can't tell you where to put your money, Indexa CEO says - Business Insider - February 17th, 2021
- Excerpt: 'Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Power' by Rajiv Malhotra - Times of India - February 17th, 2021
- BYU lab works to improve artificial intelligence communication - The Daily Universe - Universe.byu.edu - February 17th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence used to monitor patients with chronic diseases and COVID-19 - University of Virginia The Cavalier Daily - February 17th, 2021
- Elon Musk Talks Auto Safety and Regulation of Artificial Intelligence with Joe Rogan - Corporate Crime Reporter - February 17th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Market is expected to rise at a remarkable CAGR during the Forecast Period 2020-2026 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper... - February 17th, 2021
- AI Definition & Meaning | What is Artificial Intelligence? - February 7th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence and Sustainable Development Goals - Analytics Insight - February 7th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence can predict whether you will die from COVID-19 - Free Press Journal - February 7th, 2021
- Beyond the Unknown: Applications of Artificial intelligence In Space - Analytics Insight - February 7th, 2021
- Two UWF teams place in top 5 in national artificial intelligence competition - University of West Florida Newsroom - UWF Newsroom - February 7th, 2021
- Bingo and AI: The changing relation between entertainment and artificial intelligence - Analytics Insight - February 7th, 2021
- Off The Menu: Artificial intelligence lends hand in recipe development - MassLive.com - February 6th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence must not be allowed to replace the imperfection of human empathy - The Conversation UK - February 6th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence and the Gamestonk blowback - The Next Web - February 6th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence in Policing Is the Focus of Encode Justice - Teen Vogue - February 6th, 2021
- 'Artificial Intelligence' Integrated PET-CT launched at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad on the occasion of World Cancer Day 2021 - PR Newswire India - February 6th, 2021
- SLAS Technology Special Collection on Artificial Intelligence in Process Automation Available Now - Newswise - February 6th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence Will Change The Way We Work Once We Get Back To The Office - Forbes - February 6th, 2021
- Chemistry and computer science join forces to apply artificial intelligence to chemical reactions - Princeton University - February 6th, 2021
- How to Build a Modern Workplace with Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things - BBN Times - February 6th, 2021
- Morality Poses the Biggest Risk to Military Integration of Artificial Intelligence - The National Interest - February 6th, 2021
- Canon Medical expands reach of its MRI artificial intelligence programs - FierceBiotech - February 6th, 2021
- Harnessing the Power of Artificial Intelligence with High-Performance Computing: Dell Technologies - CRN - India - CRN.in - February 6th, 2021
- AI-Powered Cooperation Will Transform US Military Operations Homeland Security Today - HSToday - February 6th, 2021
- Skinopathy Files Provisional Patent for Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality Powered Technology that will Guide Skin Cancer Surgeries - Yahoo... - February 6th, 2021
- How Artificial intelligence is Transforming the Apparel Industry - BBN Times - February 6th, 2021
- How Airbus And Boeing Are Using Artificial Intelligence To Advance Autonomous Flight - Simple Flying - February 6th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence Robots Market to Witness Huge Growth by Top Key Players | Welltok, Inc., Intel Corporation, Nvidia Corporation And More KSU |... - February 6th, 2021
- A crewless boat is recreating the Mayflower's 400-year-old journey, with the help of artificial intelligence - CBS News - December 26th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Is It All Just Costly Hype? - Dice Insights - December 26th, 2020
- 7 Types of Artificial Intelligence: Propelling the Technology Development - Analytics Insight - December 26th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence will go mainstream in 2021 The Manila Times - The Manila Times - December 26th, 2020
- Top 7 Amazing Artificial Intelligence Applications that Are Unfamiliar - Analytics Insight - December 26th, 2020
- NASCAR Team up with the World Poker Tour while Artificial Intelligence Breaks New Barriers - HighstakesDB - December 26th, 2020
- Youve heard of Elf on the Shelf; in New Haven theres elf with artificial intelligence - New Haven Register - December 26th, 2020
- How is Artificial Intelligence Transforming the lives of People with Disabilities? - Analytics Insight - December 26th, 2020
- How Bad Is Your Spotify? There's Artificial Intelligence to Judge Your Taste - Distractify - December 26th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence measure included in must-pass government funding deal - Homeland Preparedness News - December 26th, 2020