After moving the 20th Global Summit of the World Travel & Tourism Council [WTTC] from Puerto Rico to Cancun, Quintana Roo, the organization unveiled the participation of known leaders in the travel and tourism industry.
They include Chris Nassetta, President and CEO of Hilton; Alex Zozaya, President of Apple Leisure Group; Kim Day, CEO of Denver Airport and Richard Fain, President and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises.
The summit will take place from 22-23 April 2020, at the Moon Palace Convention Centre in Cancun, Mexico.
The following speakers are already confirmed. China appears not to have a role in the summit this time. Participation from the Gulf region appears to be weak. The Arabian Travel Market in Dubai is taking place at the same time from 22-25 April.
Over the next several weeks, WTTC will be celebrating its 30th anniversary while also preparing for the 20th Global Summit in Cancun. The theme forthis years Summit; Making a Lasting Difference, will encourage delegates to discuss approaching the world differently, recognizing that what has got us to this point, will not work to tackle global challenges and incite positive change for the future.
WTTC is focused on the ways that the world is changing, and how this will initiate a change in how we travel, and how the Travel & Tourism sector operates. Digital transformation and the emergence of new technologies such as 5G, combined with global challenges such as climate change and geopolitical and economic crises, will turn the world on its head once more. With such rapid, dramatic and interlinked changes, WTTC and its Members must be sure to stay ahead of the curve.
The world is on the edge of fascinating social change, driven by huge technological advances, with every generation having to adapt to this new world. WTTC will be part of that social change and, at the Summit, we intend to outline how we will reflect new ways of thinking in the Travel & Tourism sector for the next decade.
We are very proud to be able to attract this prestigious global event to Quintana Roo, which will focus the attention of the global tourism leaders towards Cancun and Quintana Roo, as well as the whole country, said Carlos Joaquin Gonzalez, Governor of the State of Quintana Roo.
In Quintana Roo,we have the fortune of relying on tourism as one of the key pillars of investment, employment, and economic prosperity in coordination with government, businesses and the community. We have positioned ourselves as the leader in international arrivals in Mexico and Latin America.
Gloria Guevara, President & CEO, WTTC, said:
The WTTC Global Summit will be the most important Travel & Tourism event of 2020,and a fitting recognition of a sector which last year, contributed 10.4% to global GDP and supported 319 million jobs worldwide.
The 20th Global Summit will benefit and showcase not only Quintana Roo,but Mexico, and the whole region including US, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean. Cancun is a global icon and I feel honored to host the most important Travel & Tourism event of the year in my home country. Our Summit is the place where the future of our sector is shaped, and we look forward to hearing the insight of so many industry leaders,as we welcome them to our stage.
eTurboNews is a media partner of the WTTC summit.
Read more here:
- Cant Travel? Play These Games Instead During COVID-19 And Social Distancing - Forbes - March 21st, 2020
- Travel personalities reflect on how the coronavirus outbreak has changed their world - The Messenger - March 21st, 2020
- Remote Year, which helps you work while traveling the world, lays off 50% of staff - TechCrunch - March 21st, 2020
- WhatsApp Is at the Center of Coronavirus Response - WIRED - March 21st, 2020
- World's most expensive cities to live in - CNN - March 21st, 2020
- UK travel industry urges government action to forestall collapse of businesses - The Guardian - March 21st, 2020
- We can't travel, but we can take measures to preserve jobs in the tourism industry - World Bank Group - March 21st, 2020
- It's Hard to Believe How Empty the World's Top Tourist Destinations Are Due to Coronavirus Until You See These Photos - Travel+Leisure - March 21st, 2020
- Global action vital to save world's tourism industry: Saudi minister - Arabnews - March 21st, 2020
- 16 Of The Cheapest Travel Destinations Around The World - World Atlas - March 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus bailout: Airlines are asking the US government for $50 billion in aid - Vox.com - March 21st, 2020
- When Are Cruise Lines Around the World Expected To Resume Service? - Cruise Critic - March 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus: April could be a month with almost zero flights as airlines axe more routes - The Independent - March 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus canceled this family's Disney trip. They made better memories at home - CNN - March 21st, 2020
- During a pandemic, what does being the world's happiest country mean? - CNN - March 21st, 2020
- Round 2: The Most Instagrammable Hotel In The World 2020 - Luxury Travel Advisor - March 21st, 2020
- Reporter's Notebook: World Travel in the Time of Coronavirus - VOA News - March 17th, 2020
- More than 80 countries have imposed travel bans to curb the new coronavirus - The Economist - March 17th, 2020
- World Travel Holdings' Brands Take Home 10 Statuettes at the 2020 Travvy Awards - Yahoo Finance - March 17th, 2020
- Offutt cancels military travel and leave, but says it has seen no confirmed cases of COVID-19 - Omaha World-Herald - March 17th, 2020
- Why the world is waking up to Vietnamese coffee - CNN - March 17th, 2020
- New Inspirational Adventure Journeys from TCS World Travel - Arts and Collections International - March 17th, 2020
- Vote Now: The Most Instagrammable Hotel In The World 2020 - Luxury Travel Advisor - March 17th, 2020
- Travel bans, market chaos: Dizzying reaction to coronavirus spread around the world - TribLIVE - March 17th, 2020
- Live Coronavirus Updates and Coverage - The New York Times - March 17th, 2020
- The Latest COVID-19 Policies From The Travel Corporation Brands - Luxury Travel Advisor - March 17th, 2020
- My dream cruise is in tatters thanks to coronavirus here's how it feels to be stranded at sea - Telegraph.co.uk - March 17th, 2020
- Virus Brings New Travel Restrictions, Lockdowns And Closures - Yeshiva World News - March 17th, 2020
- Travel Brands, Remember Who You Really Serve The Traveling Public - Skift - March 17th, 2020
- Customized travel Market will touch a new level in upcoming year with Top Key Players like TCS World Travel, DuVine Cycling & Adventure Co,... - March 17th, 2020
- Corona virus affecting the tourism industry worldwide - Travel Daily News International - March 17th, 2020
- TUI suspends vast majority of travel operations | News - Breaking Travel News - March 17th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Virgin Atlantic asks staff to take eight weeks of unpaid leave - Sky News - March 17th, 2020
- U.S. Will Drop Limits on Virus Testing, Pence Says - The New York Times - March 4th, 2020
- Buy the World Travel Plug Adapter along with 6 Attachments only For $24.99 - iLounge - March 4th, 2020
- Second Death From Virus Is Reported in the U.S. - The New York Times - March 4th, 2020
- Travel - How the humble potato changed the world - BBC News - March 4th, 2020
- The tourism legacy of the Olympic Games - CNN - March 4th, 2020
- Mexico to Host Travel and Tourism Summit Amid Coronavirus Outbreak - Latin Post - March 4th, 2020
- The world's largest island is finally drawing tourists - CNBC - March 4th, 2020
- World's leading tourism expert warns of overreaction in coronavirus battle - Famagusta Gazette - March 4th, 2020
- After My Abusive Relationship, I Couldn't Leave The House. Travel Opened My World Up Again. - HuffPost - March 4th, 2020
- Planning summer holidays? Think about coronavirus - Times of India - March 4th, 2020
- The holiday destinations around the world which have no cases of coronavirus - The Sun - March 4th, 2020
- Travel ban set to be extended as fears grow over the 'new Hubei' - The Sydney Morning Herald - March 4th, 2020
- Coronavirus: six more test positive in NSW after travelling from Asia and Iran - The Guardian - March 4th, 2020
- Hostelworld shares fall as it warns of 3.5m coronavirus blow - City A.M. - March 4th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Airports around the world empty as travel industry suffers - The Independent - March 4th, 2020
- Travel Retail Market investigated in the latest research - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - March 4th, 2020
- Then and now: How coronavirus turned the world's busiest cities into ghost towns - Telegraph.co.uk - March 4th, 2020
- 5 of the world's smartest cities - World First Travel Insurance - March 4th, 2020
- Traveling In 2020 And The Coronavirus (COVID-19) - ADVrider - March 4th, 2020
- Coronavirus Travel Advisories: Map Shows CDC's Areas Of Concern : Goats and Soda - NPR - February 29th, 2020
- Empty airports around the world show coronavirus affected air travel - Business Insider - Business Insider - February 29th, 2020
- The travel industry is suffering its worst shock since 9/11 because of coronavirus - KTVZ - February 29th, 2020
- The coronavirus has grounded Chinese tourists. The global travel industry may not recover for years - CNN - February 29th, 2020
- There are $4 flights in China but dont expect many other coronavirus airfare deals - MarketWatch - February 29th, 2020
- Coronavirus is threatening to end the world air-travel boom - CNBC - February 29th, 2020
- Coronavirus updates live: 1st death in U.S. as outbreak spreads in other countries - NBC News - February 29th, 2020
- THIRDHOME partners with Major Sports Alumni Associations to offer former players access to world travel - PRNewswire - February 29th, 2020
- Great Day TV: The Strongest Woman in the World is from Indy - WISHTV.com - February 29th, 2020
- Climate activists just blocked plans to expand Heathrow, one of the world's biggest airports - CNN - February 29th, 2020
- Less-Costly Ways to Reduce the Harm of COVID-19 Without Travel-and-Immigration-Bans - Cato Institute - February 29th, 2020
- 7 things I never travel without - CNET - February 29th, 2020
- Global Leisure Travel Market, Forecast to 2026 - Mobile Applications, Big Data Analytics, and AI Evolving Together Amidst Proliferating Tourism... - February 29th, 2020
- Industry chiefs to meet at World Aviation Festival - TTG - February 29th, 2020
- Worlds largest travel fair, ITB, cancelled in Berlin - The Thaiger - February 29th, 2020
- Travel: Has Richard Branson launched the world's coolest cruise? - HeraldScotland - February 29th, 2020
- WITTI to Honor Top Women in Travel with Travel Awards Dinner, Gives Voice to Pearson Findings on Gender Mix in the C-Suite - Yahoo Finance - February 20th, 2020
- The world through the eyes of one photographer - CNN - February 20th, 2020
- What the world's most expensive Irish whiskey tastes like - CNN - February 20th, 2020
- What in the World: President Trump's Travel Ban 2.0 - CNN - February 20th, 2020
- Travel Green: Discover Some Of The Worlds Best Eco-Friendly Hotels - Forbes - February 20th, 2020
- Miami Beach Debuts "Why I Love Miami Beach" Social Video Series to Show Why the Destination is Like No Other Place in the World - PRNewswire - February 20th, 2020
- Industrial Tourism Market Global Insights and Trends 2020 to 2026 - Nyse Nasdaq Live - February 20th, 2020
- Travel between Torres Strait Islands and PNG banned due to fears over coronavirus - The Guardian - February 20th, 2020
- What trends will be shaping the African travel sector? - Africa Outlook Magazine - February 20th, 2020
- Myanmar Tourism Gets a Second Chance: Is It Ready for It? - Skift - February 20th, 2020
- Why Sicily deserves a place on your travel wish list this year - Travel Daily News International - February 20th, 2020
- Highland Park rolls out exclusive Single Cask bottling for Heathrow and World Duty Free - DFNIonline.com - February 20th, 2020