Upon completion of a three-year makeover, Atlantis, the Palm has reported record-breaking 2019 with an average occupancy of 90 per cent.
This increase in visits is a result of strong footfall from top source markets, as well as from diversified markets, and is in line with the tourism strategy set out by Dubai Tourism.
Significantly bookings from the UAE were up by 39 per cent, while Norway experienced a 24 per cent growth in bookings, China an increase of 16 per cent and Russia 14 per cent.
Closer to home, bookings from Saudi Arabia surged by 25 per cent, while bookings from the rest of the resorts top markets, including the UK, USA and India, remained robust.
Ahead of Expo 2020 we undertook a programme that has updated our property with contemporary flair, while staying true to the propertys iconic heritage.
Revamped and revitalised, it has been stylishly upgraded, while still keeping the soul of Atlantis alive, said Timothy Kelly, managing director, Atlantis Resorts & Residences.
We are maintaining our focus on customer needs and demands, and constantly evolving, ensuring that each and every experience is unique, with all our visitors making memories that last a lifetime.
Dubai welcomed 16.73 million visitors in 2019, with Atlantis, the Palms diversified portfolio ensuring that more than half a million of these visitors checked into the iconic resort.
With Dubai Expo 2020 projected to attract 25 million visitors over a period of six months, more than 70 per cent of visitors will be coming from outside the UAE, which will have a significant effect on Dubais hospitality industry and Atlantis, the Palm is ready for the influx.
With Dubai attracting more than 16 million tourists in 2019, more than half a million of these opted to stay at or visit Atlantis, The Palm, which is testament to the hard work that has been put in to revitalise the resort.
We fully expect the year ahead to be a buoyant one and we are looking forward to welcoming even more tourists in 2020, said Kelly.
Last year was transformative for the Atlantis, the Palm.
The hotel saw the completion of the refurbishment programme that has refreshed the entire resort.
Following a vigorous competition, UAE based architects WA were selected to refurbish the resorts rooms and suites, delivering a contemporary underwater design to provide a fresh look and feel in keeping with the resorts underwater theme.
Integrated technology with sound bars and touch screen panels, oversized flat television screens and bespoke chandeliers are just some of the stand-out features of the spruced up new suites.
The programme has also seen the introduction of four new restaurants including the incredibly successful launch of revolutionary entertainment destination Wavehouse, the opening of the globally celebrated Cantonese fine dining restaurant Hakkasan and the introduction of Atlantis, the Palms poolside burger concept Beach Buns.
November also saw the introduction of the cutting-edge beachside venue White Beach & Restaurant, the new Dubai hotspot complete with a stylish infinity pool for laid-back lounging, with majestic, uninterrupted views of the glittering city skyline.
Additionally, all-day-dining restaurant Kaleidoscope received a complete refurbishment in 2018.
Capping an excellent year for Atlantis, the Palm in 2019, the location was recognised as both the Worlds Leading Landmark Resort and Worlds Leading Hotel Dining & Entertainment Experience by voters at the World Travel Awards.
Read more here:
- 26 destinations that are reopening for travel this summer | Etcetera - Daily Hive - June 21st, 2020
- American Express Makes History With the First Black Woman on its Executive Committee - Black Enterprise - June 21st, 2020
- Which international destinations are reopening to tourists? - CNN - June 21st, 2020
- Boom in all-inclusive holidays as skiers look for security and luxury in post-pandemic world - Telegraph.co.uk - June 21st, 2020
- Tony Robinson takes house-bound viewers Around The World By Train - Stuff.co.nz - June 21st, 2020
- Experiential Travels Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth 2025 - Jewish Life News - June 21st, 2020
- The end of tourism? | Travel - The Guardian - June 21st, 2020
- Paddling the river of mirrors: 'The spot to head if you need to leave the world behind' - The Guardian - June 21st, 2020
- What happened on Santorini when the tourism 'machine' stopped - CNN - June 21st, 2020
- Take a virtual tour to any place around the world and earn $1000 as award - Happytrips - June 21st, 2020
- For tourism, here is an Incredible India 2.0 plan - Hindustan Times - June 21st, 2020
- Foreign holidays 'to restart on July 4' - The Telegraph - June 21st, 2020
- Space tourism firm Space Perspective will send passengers into the stratosphere aboard giant balloon from 2024 - The Sun - June 21st, 2020
- Ensure the tray table is up and your mask on: air travel in the era of COVID-19 - CityNews Edmonton - June 21st, 2020
- Travel, Tourism & Hospitality The future of tourism in the Americas - Travel & Tourism News Middle East - June 21st, 2020
- Into the Wild bus removed from the Alaskan wild, citing safety issues - Happytrips - June 21st, 2020
- More than a 66-million-year-old egg found in Antarctica, scientists finally resolve the mystery behind 'The Thing' - Happytrips - June 21st, 2020
- Go on a treasure hunt of the trolls in Copenhagen - Happytrips - June 21st, 2020
- In Congress, a New Bill Asks for Mass Survey of Blockchain Technology in the US - Cointelegraph - May 21st, 2020
- Blockchain Technology market worldwide is projected to grow by US$14.3 Billion - GlobeNewswire - May 21st, 2020
- Full Court WordPress: Coil Deal Boosts Functional Blockchain And XRP - Forbes - May 21st, 2020
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency - SupplyChainBrain - May 21st, 2020
- Covid-19 Might Be the Best Thing To Happen to the Blockchain Industry - CTech - May 21st, 2020
- Blockchain flashback: Legislative issues unchanged in time of coronavirus - Roll Call - May 21st, 2020
- Blockchain Bites: Last Day of Consensus, Will Crypto Save the Internet? - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - May 21st, 2020
- Blockchain Bites: What You Need to Know About the Last Day of Consensus: Distributed - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - May 21st, 2020
- Corona SeroStatus App Launches, Leverages Blockchain and Testing to Offer a Pathway to Reopen Economies While Protecting User Privacy - PR Web - May 21st, 2020
- New COVID-19 Antibody Test Platform Combines Antibody Testing and Blockchain Technology - HospiMedica - May 21st, 2020
- Travel startups look to find new stars among the industry-wide layoffs - PhocusWire - May 19th, 2020
- These 10 video games will satisfy your wanderlust - USA Today 10Best - May 19th, 2020
- Travel will never be the same, thanks to COVID-19 - Global News - May 19th, 2020
- Key dates: When will destinations around the world reopen to tourism? - Telegraph.co.uk - May 19th, 2020
- Trump administration to extend border and travel restrictions related to coronavirus - CNN - May 19th, 2020
- WTTC welcomes European Commission guidelines to safely restart Travel & Tourism in Europe in 2020 and beyond - Hospitality Net - May 19th, 2020
- Special deals and domestic travel: 'The world has shrunk, but not necessarily in a bad way' - The Guardian - May 19th, 2020
- Endangered species may be yet another virus victim - The Japan Times - May 19th, 2020
- Travel restrictions live: Lift holiday ban before planning 'air bridges', Government urged - The Telegraph - May 19th, 2020
- 2020 is a catastrophe for tourism businesses. Here's what the industry needs to get back on its feet - CNN - May 19th, 2020
- Noma, one of the world's best restaurants, to return as a wine bar - CNN - May 19th, 2020
- Dream Vacations, CruiseOne and Cruises Inc. adapt to current environment with enhanced support - Travel Daily News International - May 19th, 2020
- Enhancing our mission of beauty innovation for a better world Shiseido becomes Platinum Partner for Moodie Davitt Virtual Travel Retail Expo - The... - May 19th, 2020
- Aviation industry opens up slowly, and steadily - Times of India - May 19th, 2020
- Goldman Sachs warns jet fuel demand may never fully recover from the crisis - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- Travel changed after 9/11; Here's how it will look after the Covid-19 pandemic finally recedes - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- 5 charts show which travel sectors were worst hit by the coronavirus - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- When will we start traveling again? Here's what experts are saying - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- World tourism faces worst crisis since records began, says UNWTO - The Guardian - May 11th, 2020
- Greece could be one of the first countries that welcomes tourists after coronavirus shutdown - Greek City Times - May 11th, 2020
- WTTC launches urgent appeal to support the African travel and tourism sector - ITIJ - May 11th, 2020
- World Travel & Tourism Council believes international holidaymakers could return to Spain this summer given huge interest from Brits & Germans... - May 11th, 2020
- Dreaming of the deeps: World's most epic scuba diving destinations - CNN - May 11th, 2020
- EHang Joins Hands with LN Holdings in Building the World's First "UAM" Theme Hotel - GlobeNewswire - May 11th, 2020
- Abu Dhabi bets on virtual events to revive tourism - CNN - May 11th, 2020
- Travel from New York City seeded wave of U.S. outbreaks - Seattle Times - May 11th, 2020
- The UAE has Offered to Host the IPL Reveals BCCI - Essentially Sports - May 11th, 2020
- Pursuing goats and getting stuck in the Arabian desert - Jewish News - May 11th, 2020
- Anger as Italy slowly emerges from long Covid-19 lockdown - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Putting the economy back together again: What the future holds for Americans - CNBC - May 3rd, 2020
- While at Home, Lets Color the World - The New York Times - May 3rd, 2020
- If Australia and New Zealand restart travel, they should include the Pacific in their bubble - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Animal Crossing replaced my real-life vacation, and that's OK - Tom's Guide - May 3rd, 2020
- Cuban Travel : 5 Tips That Will Make Your Trip To Cuba Easy - CEOWORLD magazine - May 3rd, 2020
- Coronavirus live news: Russia and Afghanistan announce their biggest rises in cases - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- The imaginary American town that became a tourist attraction - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Travel to a land of sun and dust with The Leopard - The Economist - May 3rd, 2020
- Outlook for Disney World and Disneyland reopenings: What will it be like? And when will parks be running? - CNN - May 3rd, 2020
- Coronavirus: How future travel is going to be so different - The National - May 3rd, 2020
- Daily Distraction: Travel the world without leaving your house - The Next Web - May 3rd, 2020
- Coronavirus: Why expensive airline fares and airport health checks could become the norm - The National - May 3rd, 2020
- No fly zone: will Race Across the World be the last travel TV of its kind? - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Miss air travel? Heres a selection of the best boarding music in the world - A Journal of Musical Things - May 3rd, 2020
- A trip around the world through local radio stations - The Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- Travel with your taste buds recipes from around the world by Britain's top chefs - Telegraph.co.uk - April 19th, 2020
- Gudrid Thorbjarnardttir the woman who found the New World 500 years before Columbus - The Guardian - April 19th, 2020
- WTTC thanks all those in the travel & tourism sector - Arabian Industry - April 19th, 2020
- Three cataclysmic events have changed travel forever this will be the fourth - Telegraph.co.uk - April 19th, 2020
- WTTC: Travel & Tourism Sector Key for Economic Recovery in the Americas - Hotel Business - April 19th, 2020
- We can all be inspired by thoughts of future travel - The Voice Online - April 19th, 2020
- Inside the creepy abandoned US theme park used to film Jurassic World and Planet of the Apes - The Sun - April 19th, 2020
- Vaccination cards and seat spacing: Air travel in a post-coronavirus world could be vastly different, experts say - Stuff.co.nz - April 19th, 2020