William Evanina, from the office of the US Director of National Intelligence, issued the warning at the Aspen Institute Cyber Summit on Wednesday.Mr Evanina said Chinese agents efforts toward Mr Bidens team was an influence campaign on steroids.
He added: So thats one area were going to be very keen on making sure the new administration understands that influence, what it looks like, what it tastes like, what it feels like when you see it.
His warning came as Congress announced a new law to bar Chinese firms from US stock exchanges unless they enable US auditing measures.
Chinese companies targeted by the US House of Representatives included tech giant Alibaba and oil firm PetroChina.
As on Wednesday, US President Donald Trump introduced a ban on cotton imports from an influential Chinese entity that has some military ties.
According to the Trump administration, the Xinjiang organisation violates human rights by using the forced labour of Uighur Muslims.
The US Customs and Border Protection agency said the withhold release order would veto the import of cotton and cotton by-products from the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps (XPCC).
Mr Biden told the New York Times his main targets when it came to China relations were establishing an alliance and create trade policies to fight Chinas abusive practices.
He said: The best China strategy, I think, is one which gets every one of our or at least what used to be our allies on the same page.Its going to be a major priority for me in the opening weeks of my presidency to try to get us back on the same page with our allies.
The warning comes after experts expressed concern over Mr Bidens stance on Brexit and whether he would support Brussels in any future disagreements.
German MEP Manfred Weber told Euronews last month that Mr Bidens presidential victory would hand the EU a huge advantage.
He said: "The message is clear from Trump's defeat. That is why a lot of populists in Europe have lost their hero. The immediate impact will be on the Brexit talks in London.
It has got better for us Europeans because Johnson cannot tell the citizens in Great Britain anymore that he will get an immediate trade deal with the Americans.
DON'T MISS:China warns US to HALT journey down 'wrong and dangerous path'[REVEAL]WW3 fears: 'Looming' armed conflict in South China Sea warning issued[INSIGHT]US and Australia join forces to develop hypersonic missiles[LATEST]
"Biden was also a clear supporter of the Good Friday Agreement, which will strengthen the Irish position in the talks. So this is creating again a positive leverage for us as Europeans in the talks with our British friends."
Andrew Goodwin, chief UK economist with Oxford Economics, told DW News that Mr Biden will create "problematic" challenges to the UK as it plans to push its Global Britain agenda.
He said: "Global Britain seems to be coming up against both political and practical challenges, both of which were always likely to prove problematic.
"Trade deals involve ceding some degree of sovereignty and, given the Government has sent a clear message that it prioritises sovereignty, it was always going to be difficult to make the concessions required to do trade deals."
Similar remarks were made by Dr Nigel Bowles of Oxford University, who toldExpress.co.ukthat the UK has "no leverage" with the US and would have to make "painful concessions" in order to reach a post-Brexit trade deal with Mr Bidens team.
The US politics expert said: "If Boris Johnson wants a trade deal with the US, the agreement he forged with the EU in late 2019 will have to be observed.
"His current approach will not work, and everyone around Boris Johnson knows that. I think that the EU and US have all the cards. All the leverage is with them.
He added: Whether Trump or Biden is President, the House of Representatives won't pass a trade deal with the UK if the EU-UK understanding is overridden. I think there is a trade deal to be struck, but there will have to be painful trade-offs on environmental standards, food safety standards. There will be losers."
Follow this link:
- Atlanta named one of the best travel destinations in the world for 2022 - FOX 5 Atlanta - November 13th, 2021
- Hilton Doha honoured by World Travel Awards - Breaking Travel News - November 13th, 2021
- International travel will get easier, but restrictions will remain - The Economist - November 13th, 2021
- An emotional journey: Families reunite in U.S. with tears, balloons as COVID travel ban ends - Reuters - November 13th, 2021
- Global travel insurance market could be worth $35 billion by 2027 - ITIJ - November 13th, 2021
- Reading your way around the world with a difference - Sydney Morning Herald - November 13th, 2021
- As the Biden Administration Lifts Travel Bans on Visitors to the U.S., Museums Hope It Will Boost Lagging Attendance - artnet News - November 13th, 2021
- Maryville College freshmen travel 'Around the World in 50 Minutes' - Maryville Daily Times - November 13th, 2021
- Train travel can be as quick, cheap and easy to book as flights. Here's how to get onboard. - Euronews - November 13th, 2021
- Seeing the World Through a Grain of Rice - The New York Times - November 13th, 2021
- World Travel Holdings Offering Up to $1 Million in Commercial Loans to its Network of Travel Agency Franchise Owners as Part of a Financial Assistance... - February 17th, 2021
- World Travel: An Irreverent Guide, Anthony Bourdains last, posthumous book, to be released on April 20 - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 17th, 2021
- Anthony Bourdains Posthumous Travel Guide Will Be Available This Spring - Delish - February 17th, 2021
- Steamboat cross-country skiers travel to closed-down Finland for World Junior Championships - Steamboat Pilot and Today - February 17th, 2021
- Showing Girls the World With Travel, Service & Media - WMUK - February 17th, 2021
- Travel The World With Wine, No Passport Necessary: New Zealand Edition - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- Apples official World Travel Adapter Kit returns to Amazon low of $25 - 9to5Toys - February 17th, 2021
- Colombia was accepted into the World Travel and Tourism Council - Travel Daily News International - February 17th, 2021
- Uzakrota Global Travel Awards has announced the global winners for the Travel and Tourism industry - 2020 - Travel Daily News International - February 17th, 2021
- Animal Crossing Players Are Using Gulliver Items in SUPER Creative Builds - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 17th, 2021
- Around the world with Ryan Jacobson: Westerly native's travel memoir takes readers to 12 countries - The Westerly Sun - February 17th, 2021
- Leisure Travel Market: What most excites you about the possibilities/opportunities hidden within industrial data? KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU... - February 17th, 2021
- The age of the wheelie-bag - What will travel look like after the pandemic? | Special report - The Economist - February 17th, 2021
- Hope on the horizon: Global tourism body calls for end to travel bans - The South African - February 17th, 2021
- ITB Berlin NOW: Tours and activities as a way out of the crisis - Travel Daily News International - February 17th, 2021
- One Billion Fewer International Arrivals Make 2020 Worst Year in Tourism Industry - SchengenVisaInfo.com - SchengenVisaInfo.com - February 10th, 2021
- International Tourism back to 48%, 74% or 96% in 2023? - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - February 10th, 2021
- The Nevisian Kiss on the Island of Love - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - February 10th, 2021
- Will Vaccines Be Required in Cruising and How Will that Impact Sales? - Travel Agent - February 10th, 2021
- Disjointed restrictions are tripping up a travel recovery and it may be getting worse - The Dallas Morning News - February 10th, 2021
- WTTC Says Governments Should Abandon The Concept Of 'High-Risk Countries' And Instead Focus On 'High-Risk Travellers' - Hospitality Net - February 10th, 2021
- Travel in a "Post-Covid-19" World and How Businesses are Preparing for it - ChicagoNow - February 10th, 2021
- CHTA: Economic Survival Tied to Health Safety and Responsible Tourism - Travel Agent - February 10th, 2021
- 53 Black founders and investors to watch in 2021 - PitchBook News & Analysis - February 10th, 2021
- The biggest post-pandemic challenge in travel - Travel Weekly - February 10th, 2021
- Sharify makes it super simple to rediscover your citys social side - TechCrunch - February 10th, 2021
- Universal teams with Big Hit and YG Entertainment to invest in global live-streaming platform - Music Business Worldwide - February 10th, 2021
- Around the globe, virus cancels spring travel for millions - The Associated Press - February 10th, 2021
- The Langham Hotels in the US and UK get top recognition - Travel & Tourism News Middle East - February 10th, 2021
- Salesforce declares the 9-to-5 workday dead, will let some employees work remotely from now on - The Verge - February 10th, 2021
- Hotel openings around the world, Travel News & Top Stories - The Straits Times - January 5th, 2021
- 16 Really Good Things That Happened in the Travel World in 2020 - Hospitality Net - January 5th, 2021
- A Mass. beach just ranked among the top 25 island beaches in the world - Boston.com - January 5th, 2021
- Jim Cramer: 10 Investment Themes I Like in 2021 - RealMoney - January 5th, 2021
- Travel 2021: What will be on the itinerary once vaccination opens up the world? - The Financial Express - January 5th, 2021
- Travel to New Zealand during Covid-19: What you need to know before you go - CNN - January 5th, 2021
- Playing the Green Lottery: Life Inside Colombias Emerald Mines - The New York Times - January 5th, 2021
- Traveling to Spain during Covid-19: What you need to know before you go - CNN - January 5th, 2021
- How four of this year's Transformers helped the world's biggest banks surviveand thrive... - Business Insider - Business Insider - January 5th, 2021
- Travel to Antarctica during Covid-19: What you need to know before you go - CNN - January 5th, 2021
- The cauldrons of gold theory of media and startups - TechCrunch - January 5th, 2021
- Tracing the steps of a fantastic voyage, part 2 - SF Gate - January 5th, 2021
- Discovery+ enters the streaming wars with a big bet on reality TV - CNBC - January 5th, 2021
- Epic Games buys enormous shopping mall, will convert it to global HQ - Polygon - January 5th, 2021
- Where the President Got His Lies About Georgia - Slate - January 5th, 2021
- World War 3: Israel told dont underestimate Irans weapons as tensions soar - Daily Express - December 5th, 2020
- China branded 'greatest threat to democracy and freedom since WW2 by US spy chief - Daily Express - December 5th, 2020
- Boris must act now before its too late! Navy chief calls for UK to stand up to China - Express - December 5th, 2020
- Ivanka Trump blasted over India intervention as POTUS set to leave White House - Daily Express - December 5th, 2020
- SAIS students from around the world travel to Italy for in-person instruction - The Hub at Johns Hopkins - October 29th, 2020
- New World, New Duties: Creating Tomorrows Travel, Today - Worth - October 29th, 2020
- These destinations were overwhelmed by tourists. Here's how they're doing now - CNN - October 29th, 2020
- Villas of Distinction Recognized with Cond Nast Traveler's 2020 Readers' Choice Award in Villas Category - Benzinga - October 29th, 2020
- Trending Now: Sports Tourism Market Share, Growth, Demand, Trends, Region Wise Analysis of Top Players and Forecasts - Aerospace Journal - October 29th, 2020
- Where Wes Anderson films 'accidentally' come to life - The Guardian - October 29th, 2020
- Beachfront Residences at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Open November 1 - Luxury Travel Advisor - October 29th, 2020
- Tourism and Agriculture Market 2020 Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Sales, Opportunities, Analysis and Forecast To 2025 - TechnoWeekly - October 29th, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 on the Hospitality, Travel, and Leisure Sector - Programming Insider - October 29th, 2020
- Africas year of zero: a special report on the future of wildlife tourism - Financial Times - October 29th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Is self-catering the best option? - World First Travel Insurance - October 29th, 2020
- From Lusaka to the world: why travel holds the key to economic recovery - themastonline.com - October 29th, 2020
- TCS World Travel Announces Dates for Its First All-Inclusive Luxury Expeditions On Ground-Breaking New Airbus A321neo Private Jet - Business Wire - October 14th, 2020
- Hacienda Tres Ros is a Strong Candidate in Three 2020 World Travel Awards Categories - PR Web - October 14th, 2020
- Peru, Bahamas and Puerto Rico Added to WTTC's Safe Travels List - TravelPulse - October 14th, 2020
- Maldives bags 8 nominations at World Travel Awards - The Edition - October 14th, 2020
- Aircraft Interiors Expo (AIX) And World Travel Catering & Onboard Services Expo (WTCE) Announce They Will Bring the Industry Together in Hamburg... - October 14th, 2020
- WTTC has a plan to save the travel sector - Travel Weekly - October 14th, 2020
- Short's Travel Signs with Deem to Offer An Additional Travel Booking Solution for Clients - GlobeNewswire - October 14th, 2020
- Travel insurance proposition enhanced by Zurich - ITIJ - October 14th, 2020
- The world's busiest airports -- and how far they've fallen - CNN - October 14th, 2020