China: US trade war is about economic dominance says expert
John Ratcliffe, director of national intelligence, wrote in an opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal: The intelligence is clear: Beijing intends to dominate the US and the rest of the planet economically, militarily and technologically. On Thursday, the Trump administration revealed the latest action of its hardline stance on the eastern superpower by adding four Chinese firms to a blacklist over alleged links to the Chinese military.
He wrote: If I could communicate one thing to the American people from this unique vantage point, it is that the Peoples Republic of China poses the greatest threat to America today, and the greatest threat to democracy and freedom world-wide since World War II.
Mr Ratcliffe was appointed to the role of top US intelligence official last spring.
While China has not yet responded to his opinion article, the nations foreign ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying answered questions on the US at a briefing on Thursday.
Ms Hua told reporters: China urges the US government to view China and China's development in a more rational, calm and impartial manner.
We hope they can work with China to enhance the correct understanding of each other through dialogue and communication, and jointly push for the sound and stable development of China-US relations.
This is the only way that serves the fundamental and long-term interests of both Chinese and American people and meets the common aspiration of the international community.
President Trump has imposed more than $360bn (268bn) of tariffs on Chinese goods since taking office.
Beijing has placed $110bn of its own tariffs on American produce.
READ MORE: WW3: USA furious at China 'flagrant violation' over North Korea
The two countries have locked horns in a number of areas, including trade, the coronavirus and the South China Sea after the US agreed a multibillion dollar arms deal with Taiwan.
Australia has received support from the UK and US this week after Zhao Lijian, a Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson, shared a fake image of a soldier appearing to slit the throat of an Afghan child.
The US ambassador to Australia accused the official who posted the image on Twitter of spreading disinformation through fabricated images and disingenuous statements.
The US and Australia are also joining forces to develop hypersonic cruise missiles to counter similar plans by China.
DON'T MISS: China warns US to HALT journey down 'wrong and dangerous path' [REVEAL]WW3 fears: 'Looming' armed conflict in South China Sea warning issued [INSIGHT]US and Australia join forces to develop hypersonic missiles [LATEST]
Chinas ongoing trade war with the US also shows no sign of slowing down after the eastern giant introduced new laws stopping the export of controlled items.
The measures follow moves by the US to restrict tech firms such as Huawei.
The law is similar to the US Export Administration Regulations.
On a list of controlled items is nuclear, technology and military items while anyone who intends to export requires a licence.
It means China can retaliate against nations they deem to have endangered national security.
A new report, published on Tuesday, said NATO must think harder about how to handle China and its military rise.
Here is the original post:
- World Travel Holdings Offering Up to $1 Million in Commercial Loans to its Network of Travel Agency Franchise Owners as Part of a Financial Assistance... - February 17th, 2021
- World Travel: An Irreverent Guide, Anthony Bourdains last, posthumous book, to be released on April 20 - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 17th, 2021
- Anthony Bourdains Posthumous Travel Guide Will Be Available This Spring - Delish - February 17th, 2021
- Steamboat cross-country skiers travel to closed-down Finland for World Junior Championships - Steamboat Pilot and Today - February 17th, 2021
- Showing Girls the World With Travel, Service & Media - WMUK - February 17th, 2021
- Travel The World With Wine, No Passport Necessary: New Zealand Edition - Forbes - February 17th, 2021
- Apples official World Travel Adapter Kit returns to Amazon low of $25 - 9to5Toys - February 17th, 2021
- Colombia was accepted into the World Travel and Tourism Council - Travel Daily News International - February 17th, 2021
- Uzakrota Global Travel Awards has announced the global winners for the Travel and Tourism industry - 2020 - Travel Daily News International - February 17th, 2021
- Animal Crossing Players Are Using Gulliver Items in SUPER Creative Builds - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 17th, 2021
- Around the world with Ryan Jacobson: Westerly native's travel memoir takes readers to 12 countries - The Westerly Sun - February 17th, 2021
- Leisure Travel Market: What most excites you about the possibilities/opportunities hidden within industrial data? KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU... - February 17th, 2021
- The age of the wheelie-bag - What will travel look like after the pandemic? | Special report - The Economist - February 17th, 2021
- Hope on the horizon: Global tourism body calls for end to travel bans - The South African - February 17th, 2021
- ITB Berlin NOW: Tours and activities as a way out of the crisis - Travel Daily News International - February 17th, 2021
- One Billion Fewer International Arrivals Make 2020 Worst Year in Tourism Industry - SchengenVisaInfo.com - SchengenVisaInfo.com - February 10th, 2021
- International Tourism back to 48%, 74% or 96% in 2023? - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - February 10th, 2021
- The Nevisian Kiss on the Island of Love - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News - February 10th, 2021
- Will Vaccines Be Required in Cruising and How Will that Impact Sales? - Travel Agent - February 10th, 2021
- Disjointed restrictions are tripping up a travel recovery and it may be getting worse - The Dallas Morning News - February 10th, 2021
- WTTC Says Governments Should Abandon The Concept Of 'High-Risk Countries' And Instead Focus On 'High-Risk Travellers' - Hospitality Net - February 10th, 2021
- Travel in a "Post-Covid-19" World and How Businesses are Preparing for it - ChicagoNow - February 10th, 2021
- CHTA: Economic Survival Tied to Health Safety and Responsible Tourism - Travel Agent - February 10th, 2021
- 53 Black founders and investors to watch in 2021 - PitchBook News & Analysis - February 10th, 2021
- The biggest post-pandemic challenge in travel - Travel Weekly - February 10th, 2021
- Sharify makes it super simple to rediscover your citys social side - TechCrunch - February 10th, 2021
- Universal teams with Big Hit and YG Entertainment to invest in global live-streaming platform - Music Business Worldwide - February 10th, 2021
- Around the globe, virus cancels spring travel for millions - The Associated Press - February 10th, 2021
- The Langham Hotels in the US and UK get top recognition - Travel & Tourism News Middle East - February 10th, 2021
- Salesforce declares the 9-to-5 workday dead, will let some employees work remotely from now on - The Verge - February 10th, 2021
- Hotel openings around the world, Travel News & Top Stories - The Straits Times - January 5th, 2021
- 16 Really Good Things That Happened in the Travel World in 2020 - Hospitality Net - January 5th, 2021
- A Mass. beach just ranked among the top 25 island beaches in the world - Boston.com - January 5th, 2021
- Jim Cramer: 10 Investment Themes I Like in 2021 - RealMoney - January 5th, 2021
- Travel 2021: What will be on the itinerary once vaccination opens up the world? - The Financial Express - January 5th, 2021
- Travel to New Zealand during Covid-19: What you need to know before you go - CNN - January 5th, 2021
- Playing the Green Lottery: Life Inside Colombias Emerald Mines - The New York Times - January 5th, 2021
- Traveling to Spain during Covid-19: What you need to know before you go - CNN - January 5th, 2021
- How four of this year's Transformers helped the world's biggest banks surviveand thrive... - Business Insider - Business Insider - January 5th, 2021
- Travel to Antarctica during Covid-19: What you need to know before you go - CNN - January 5th, 2021
- The cauldrons of gold theory of media and startups - TechCrunch - January 5th, 2021
- Tracing the steps of a fantastic voyage, part 2 - SF Gate - January 5th, 2021
- Discovery+ enters the streaming wars with a big bet on reality TV - CNBC - January 5th, 2021
- Epic Games buys enormous shopping mall, will convert it to global HQ - Polygon - January 5th, 2021
- Where the President Got His Lies About Georgia - Slate - January 5th, 2021
- World War 3: Israel told dont underestimate Irans weapons as tensions soar - Daily Express - December 5th, 2020
- China THREAT as US intelligence chief warns Bidens team targeted amid trade tensions - Daily Express - December 5th, 2020
- Boris must act now before its too late! Navy chief calls for UK to stand up to China - Express - December 5th, 2020
- Ivanka Trump blasted over India intervention as POTUS set to leave White House - Daily Express - December 5th, 2020
- SAIS students from around the world travel to Italy for in-person instruction - The Hub at Johns Hopkins - October 29th, 2020
- New World, New Duties: Creating Tomorrows Travel, Today - Worth - October 29th, 2020
- These destinations were overwhelmed by tourists. Here's how they're doing now - CNN - October 29th, 2020
- Villas of Distinction Recognized with Cond Nast Traveler's 2020 Readers' Choice Award in Villas Category - Benzinga - October 29th, 2020
- Trending Now: Sports Tourism Market Share, Growth, Demand, Trends, Region Wise Analysis of Top Players and Forecasts - Aerospace Journal - October 29th, 2020
- Where Wes Anderson films 'accidentally' come to life - The Guardian - October 29th, 2020
- Beachfront Residences at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Open November 1 - Luxury Travel Advisor - October 29th, 2020
- Tourism and Agriculture Market 2020 Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Sales, Opportunities, Analysis and Forecast To 2025 - TechnoWeekly - October 29th, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 on the Hospitality, Travel, and Leisure Sector - Programming Insider - October 29th, 2020
- Africas year of zero: a special report on the future of wildlife tourism - Financial Times - October 29th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Is self-catering the best option? - World First Travel Insurance - October 29th, 2020
- From Lusaka to the world: why travel holds the key to economic recovery - themastonline.com - October 29th, 2020
- TCS World Travel Announces Dates for Its First All-Inclusive Luxury Expeditions On Ground-Breaking New Airbus A321neo Private Jet - Business Wire - October 14th, 2020
- Hacienda Tres Ros is a Strong Candidate in Three 2020 World Travel Awards Categories - PR Web - October 14th, 2020
- Peru, Bahamas and Puerto Rico Added to WTTC's Safe Travels List - TravelPulse - October 14th, 2020
- Maldives bags 8 nominations at World Travel Awards - The Edition - October 14th, 2020
- Aircraft Interiors Expo (AIX) And World Travel Catering & Onboard Services Expo (WTCE) Announce They Will Bring the Industry Together in Hamburg... - October 14th, 2020
- WTTC has a plan to save the travel sector - Travel Weekly - October 14th, 2020
- Short's Travel Signs with Deem to Offer An Additional Travel Booking Solution for Clients - GlobeNewswire - October 14th, 2020
- Travel insurance proposition enhanced by Zurich - ITIJ - October 14th, 2020
- The world's busiest airports -- and how far they've fallen - CNN - October 14th, 2020
- This is why travel will be better post-pandemic - Traveller - October 14th, 2020
- Is cow hugging the world's new wellness trend? - BBC News - October 14th, 2020
- Disney World attendance to stay capped; Disneyland reopening 'not much of a negotiation,' CEO says - USA TODAY - October 14th, 2020
- Author and World Traveler Illustrates Exploration of Europe and the Challenges he Faced in New Book - GlobeNewswire - October 14th, 2020
- Travel Alert: Covid-19 Cases Are Back To July Levels, And Rising Fast - Forbes - October 14th, 2020
- The traveler who spent a month working as a porter on Mount Everest - CNN - October 14th, 2020
- Expedia Modernized Operations on One of the World's Fastest-Moving IT Stacks - GlobeNewswire - October 14th, 2020
- Impact Of Covid-19 on Experiential Travels Market 2020 Industry Challenges, Business Overview and Forecast Research Study 2026 - PRnews Leader - October 14th, 2020
- How One Travel Advisor Gets Creative to Stay Engaged with Clients - Travel Market Report - October 14th, 2020
- New York City named one of world's top ten best walking cities - Travel Daily - October 14th, 2020