Oct. 13, 2020 12:01 UTC
Organizations to work together to integrate Be The Match BioTherapies existing cell therapy infrastructure to manage the supply chain for potential commercialization of omidubicel
BOSTON & MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Gamida Cell Ltd.. (Nasdaq: GMDA), a leading cellular and immune therapeutics company, and Be The Match BioTherapies, an organization offering solutions for companies developing and commercializing cell and gene therapies, today announced an expansion of their existing strategic collaboration for omidubicel, Gamida Cells advanced cell therapy in Phase 3 clinical development as a potentially life-saving treatment option for patients in need of an allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant. The broadened agreement represents an important step in both organizations patient access efforts and in Gamida Cells preparation for potential approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201013005030/en/
The original partnership agreement between the organizations focused on the omidubicel development program and leveraged a wide range of Be The Match BioTherapies capabilities and services. This included providing cellular source material from the Be The Match Registry, which offers the most ethnically diverse listing of potential donors and umbilical cord blood units in the world, with 22 million potential donors and more than 300,000 umbilical cord blood units, as well as cell therapy supply chain and logistics management services. In building upon the existing collaboration, Gamida Cell will work through Be The Match BioTherapies for the ordering and supply of cord blood units, which serve as the starting material for omidubicel. The expanded agreement is designed to provide a smooth process throughout the omidubicel therapy supply chain.
Gamida Cells work to bring a new stem cell graft source to patients aligns with our core mission to help organizations deliver cellular therapies that can save more lives and improve the quality of life for patients, said Amy Ronneberg, chief executive officer of the National Marrow Donor Program/Be The Match and Be The Match BioTherapies. Were delighted to expand upon our collaboration to more fully leverage our infrastructure and technology to support the advancement of Gamida Cells efforts to seamlessly bring omidubicel to patients in clinical and commercial settings. Gamida Cells efforts to make stem cell transplant more accessible to patients could be particularly impactful for patients who do not have a matched donor of suitable age.
Be The Match BioTherapies is a respected leader in cell therapy and has an extensive history of assuring broad transplant access through the delivery of source material, globally, for patients in need of a transplant, stated Michele Korfin, chief operating and commercial officer of Gamida Cell. Deepening our collaboration represents an important step for Gamida Cell as the company increases its focus on potentially bringing omidubicel to patients in the commercial setting after reporting that omidubicel met its primary endpoint and all three secondary endpoints in our randomized, multi-center Phase 3 study. We look forward to our continued collaboration with Be The Match BioTherapies to ensure that we have an efficient and reliable cell therapy supply chain that can provide a positive experience for transplant teams and their patients.
In May, Gamida Cell reported that its Phase 3 study of omidubicel met its primary endpoint, demonstrating a highly statistically significant reduction in time to neutrophil engraftment, a key milestone in recovery from a stem cell transplant. Additionally, in October, Gamida Cell reported that all three secondary endpoints for the study related to platelet engraftment, infections and hospitalizations demonstrated statistical significance. Gamida Cell expects to begin submitting the biologics license application for omidubicel to the FDA on a rolling basis in the fourth quarter of 2020.
Despite the curative potential of bone marrow transplants, it is estimated that more than 40 percent of eligible patients in the U.S. do not receive one for various reasons, including difficulty in finding a matched donor. Omidubicel is designed to potentially serve as a universal alternative to existing donor sources for bone marrow transplant.
About Omidubicel Omidubicel is an advanced cell therapy under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies (blood cancers). In clinical studies (NCT01816230 and NCT02730299), omidubicel demonstrated rapid and durable time to engraftment and was generally well tolerated. Omidubicel is also being evaluated in a Phase 1/2 clinical study in patients with severe aplastic anemia (NCT03173937). The aplastic anemia investigational new drug application is currently filed with the FDA under the brand name CordIn, which is the same investigational development candidate as omidubicel. For more information on clinical trials of omidubicel, please visit http://www.clinicaltrials.gov.
Omidubicel is an investigational therapy, and its safety and efficacy have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or any other health authority.
About Gamida Cell Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to cures for patients with blood cancers and serious blood diseases. We harness our cell expansion platform to create therapies with the potential to redefine standards of care in areas of serious medical need. For additional information, please visit http://www.gamida-cell.com or follow Gamida Cell on LinkedIn or Twitter at @GamidaCellTx.
About Be The Match BioTherapies Be The Match BioTherapies is the only cell and gene therapy solutions provider with customizable services to support the end-to-end cell therapy supply chain. Backed by the industry-leading experience of the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP)/Be The Match, and a research partnership with the CIBMTR (Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research), the organization designs solutions that advance the development of cell and gene therapies across the globe.
Be The Match BioTherapies is dedicated to accelerating patient access to life-saving cell and gene therapies by providing high-quality cellular source material from the Be The Match Registry, the worlds largest and most diverse registry of more than 22 million potential blood stem cell donors and more than 300,000 umbilical cord blood units. Through established relationships with apheresis, marrow collection and transplant centers worldwide, the organization develops, onboards, trains and manages expansive collection networks to advance cell therapies. Be The Match BioTherapies uses a proven integrated model of both cell therapy supply chain and logistics managers, complimented by regulatory compliance experts to successfully transport and deliver life-saving therapies across the globe. Through the CIBMTR, Be The Match BioTherapies extends services beyond the cell therapy supply chain to include long-term follow-up tracking for the first two FDA-approved CAR-T therapies.
For more information, visit http://www.BeTheMatchBioTherapies.com or follow Be The Match BioTherapies on LinkedIn or Twitter at @BTMBioTherapies.
Gamida Cell Forward Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including with respect to the effect on any cell therapy supply chain or Gamida Cells anticipated timing regulatory filing submissions for omidubicel, which statements are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions, including, but not limited to the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic and manufacturing, clinical, scientific, regulatory and technical developments. In light of these risks and uncertainties, and other risks and uncertainties that are described in the Risk Factors section and other sections of Gamida Cells Annual Report on Form 20-F, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on February 26, 2020, and other filings that Gamida Cell makes with the SEC from time to time (which are available at http://www.sec.gov), the events and circumstances discussed in such forward-looking statements may not occur, and Gamida Cells actual results could differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied thereby. Any forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this press release and are based on information available to Gamida Cell as of the date of this release.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201013005030/en/
Follow this link:
- Global Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report by Size, Data, Developments, Global Demand, In-Depth Analysis and Forecast 2020 to 2025 |... - November 27th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2025 - Cheshire Media - November 27th, 2020
- Celularity Announces Dosing of First Patient in Phase I Study of Human Placental Hematopoietic Stem Cell-Derived Natural Killer Cells (CYNK-001) in... - November 27th, 2020
- Scientists Reveal a New Drug That Directs Stem Cells To Desired Sites - Science Times - November 27th, 2020
- Global Stem Cells Market is estimated to account for US$ 18289.9 Mn by end of 2027, Says Coherent Market Insights (CMI) - Business Wire - November 27th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market To Observe Exponential Growth By 2020-2027 | Reports Globe - Cheshire Media - November 27th, 2020
- Ash 2020 cell therapy preview the battle for recognition - Vantage - November 27th, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 to Flourish with an Impressive CAGR of XX% in the year 2026, Market Size & Growth with Complete Business... - November 27th, 2020
- Adipose Tissue-derived Stem Cell Therapy Market: Worldwide Industry to Boost in the Period of 2020-2025 - Express Journal - October 19th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020: Trends, and Opportunity Analysis, Top Manufacturers And Forecast to 2027 - PRnews Leader - October 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report Forecast to 2029 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Eurowire - October 19th, 2020
- Global Adipose Tissue-derived Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Demand, Business Growing Strategies, Industry Segmentation and Forecast 2025 -... - October 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Trends, Opportunities, New Technologies and Developments, Competitor analysis and Market Sizing from 2020 to 2026 - PRnews... - October 19th, 2020
- Global Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Demand, Business Growing Strategies, Industry Segmentation and Forecast 2025 - TechnoWeekly - October 19th, 2020
- Notch Therapeutics Strengthens Leadership Team with Appointment of Kamran Alam as CFO and Gregory Block as SVP, Corporate Development - PRNewswire - October 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market To Observe Exponential Growth By 2020-2027 | Verified Market Research - Stock Market Vista - October 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 growth factors, latest trend and regional analysis of leading players by 2025 - News by Decresearch - October 19th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2020-2027 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Eurowire - October 19th, 2020
- Autologous Cell Therapy Market is Anticipated to Expand at a CAGR of 18.1% from 2019 to 2027 - Eurowire - October 19th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market Trend,COVID-19 Impact,Current Industry Figures With Demand By Countries And Future Growth - PRnews Leader - October 19th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Manufacturing Market to be Worth USD 8 billion by 2030, predicts Roots Analysis - The Think Curiouser - October 19th, 2020
- Novellus Therapeutics Exclusively Licenses Induced Mesenchymal Stem Cells (iMSCs) to NoveCite for COVID-19 Related Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome... - October 19th, 2020
- UofL-born company secures an additional $115 million to advance cell therapy - uoflnews.com - October 19th, 2020
- Global and United States Cancer Stem Cell Therapy Market Leading Players Expected to Witness the Highest Growth 2025 | AVIVA BioSciences, AdnaGen,... - October 19th, 2020
- Can Stem Cell Therapy Repair Damaged Knees? - September 2nd, 2020
- Vor Biopharma and Metagenomi to Collaborate on Engineered Hematopoietic Stem-Cell Therapies - Business Wire - September 2nd, 2020
- COVID-19 cell therapy drives Mesoblast to seek manufacturing muscle - BioPharma-Reporter.com - September 2nd, 2020
- New Report Begins a New Era of Stem Cell Science and Medicine: Stem Cell Biotechnology Company Asymmetrex Tells How It Counts Therapeutic Tissue Stem... - September 2nd, 2020
- Optimized Freezing Solutions for Clinical Application of Cell Therapy Products - Technology Networks - September 2nd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Market 2020 with Analysis of 44 Industry Players - PRNewswire - September 2nd, 2020
- Cartesian Therapeutics Initiates Clinical Trial of First RNA-Engineered Cell Therapy for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and COVID-19 - PRNewswire - September 2nd, 2020
- New Comprehensive Report on Stem Cell Therapy Market to Witness an Outstanding Growth during 2020 2025 with Top Players Like Chiesi Pharmaceuticals,... - September 2nd, 2020
- CAR T-Cell Optimization Starts in Production, Extends to Therapy - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - September 2nd, 2020
- Ruxolitinib May Be Another Option for Children With Steroid Refractory aGVHD - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - September 2nd, 2020
- Growing Focus on R&D Likely to Accelerate the Growth of the Stem Cell Therapy Market - The News Brok - September 2nd, 2020
- Oldest male polar bear on record humanely euthanized at Point Defiance Zoo - MyNorthwest.com - September 2nd, 2020
- FDA Approves First Maintenance Therapy for AML - Medscape - September 2nd, 2020
- Elixirgen Therapeutics planning to begin Phase I/II Clinical Trials of its COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate EXG-5003 at Fujita Health University -... - September 2nd, 2020
- Hill Highlights the Potential of Selinexor as a Less Intensive Option for DLBCL - OncLive - September 2nd, 2020
- Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market Dynamics, Forecast, Analysis and Supply Demand 2018 to 2028 - Scientect - September 2nd, 2020
- Growing at an annualized rate of over 20%, the cell therapy manufacturing market is estimated to reach close to USD 10 Billion by 2030, claims Roots... - September 2nd, 2020
- Strategic Analysis to Understand the Competitive Outlook of Cell Therapy Manufacturing Market - The News Brok - September 2nd, 2020
- In Depth Analysis and Survey of COVID-19 Pandemic Impact on Global Canine Stem Cell Therapy Coronavirus Impact Editon of Key Players VETSTEM... - August 10th, 2020
- Tevogen Bio Announces Partnership With Preeminent Scientist Professor Neal Flomenberg, MD, to Investigate Proprietary T-Cell Therapy for Treatment of... - August 10th, 2020
- Marker Therapeutics Reports Second Quarter 2020 Operating and Financial Results - PRNewswire - August 10th, 2020
- University of Minnesota expands clinical investigation of engineered iPSC-derived natural killer cells, opening U.S. clinical trial for the treatment... - August 10th, 2020
- Clinical study using mesenchymal stem cells for the treatment of patients with severe COVID-19 - DocWire News - August 10th, 2020
- UPDATED: After a 4-year sojourn, struggling microbiome pioneer Seres claims a breakout PhIII comeback. And shares respond in frenzied spike -... - August 10th, 2020
- New Report: Regenerative Medicine & Advanced Therapies Sector Thriving Despite COVID-19 - PharmiWeb.com - August 10th, 2020
- Covid-19 roundup: CureVac beefs up its unicorn IPO dreams as billionaire owner takes this Covid-19 mRNA player on a forced march to Nasdaq; Kodak's... - August 10th, 2020
- Coronavirus Drug and Treatment Tracker - The New York Times - August 10th, 2020
- Nearly 70K donated so far towards Wistaston boy's 120K lifesaving treatment - Cheshire Live - August 10th, 2020
- Avacta extends partnership with Daewoong Pharmaceutical and AffyXell Therapeutics for Covid-19 stem cell treatments - Cambridge Independent - August 9th, 2020
- Three Years After Stem Cell Trial for Heart Failure was Abandoned New Evidence Shows it Works - Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiology - August 9th, 2020
- Stem Cell And Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market 2020 Size by Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook,... - August 9th, 2020
- IMAC Holdings Receives FDA Authorization to Initiate Clinical Study of Its Umbilical Cord-Derived Allogenic Mesenchymal Stem Cells for the Treatment... - August 9th, 2020
- Strathmore man with MS calls for more Canadian treatment alternatives - CTV Toronto - August 9th, 2020
- Wave of New Therapies Improve Outcomes for Patients with Multiple Myeloma - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - August 9th, 2020
- Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market: Technological Advancement & Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2026 - Chelanpress - August 9th, 2020
- ASCO Expert on the Possible Benchmark Analysis of Autologous Transplantation in B-Cell Lymphomas - Cancer Network - August 9th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market: Study Navigating the Future Growth Outlook | Osiris Therapeutics, NuVasive, Vericel Corporation - Chelanpress - August 9th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020: Growth, Demand, Service, Types, Applications, Key Players and Industry Forecast till 2025 - Chelanpress - August 9th, 2020
- Personalized Cell Therapies Market to Show Incredible Growth by 2025 - Owned - August 9th, 2020
- Nerve Repair and Regeneration Market worth $9.7 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets - PRNewswire - August 9th, 2020
- High-throughput 3D screening for differentiation of hPSC-derived cell therapy candidates - Science Advances - August 9th, 2020
- Immatics Extends Cell Therapy Manufacturing Collaboration with UTHealth - GlobeNewswire - August 9th, 2020
- Contract Manufacturing Services market for stem cells is expected to be worth over USD 2.5 billion by 2030, claims Roots Analysis - Market Research... - August 9th, 2020
- In Depth Analysis and Survey of COVID-19 Pandemic Impact on Global Cancer Stem Cell Market Report 2020 Key Players Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.,... - August 9th, 2020
- Tafasitamab Combination Approved for Adults With R/R DLBCL - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - August 8th, 2020
- Celularity announces the activation of first California Clinical Trial Site following CIRM Grant Award to Advance Treatments for COVID-19 - PRNewswire - August 8th, 2020
- Trending News on Targeted Oncology, Week of August 7, 2020 - Targeted Oncology - August 8th, 2020
- Find Out Why Bioreactor Market is thriving worldwide by top key players like mergency Response USA, Buddi US, LLC, Connect America - Owned - August 8th, 2020
- BCLI: Phase 3 ALS Data Expected by the End of November 2020 - Zacks Small Cap Research - August 8th, 2020
- New Report: Regenerative Medicine & Advanced Therapies Sector Thriving Despite COVID-19 - GlobeNewswire - August 8th, 2020
- Immatics Extends Cell Therapy Manufacturing Collaboration with UTHealth - marketscreener.com - August 8th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Expected to Secure Notable Revenue Share During 2020-2026 - Research Newspaper - August 8th, 2020
- Calidi Biotherapeutics in San Diego receives FDA Approval for COVID-19 Treatment clinical trial - - KUSI - August 7th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of BLCM.OQ earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-20 9:00pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - August 7th, 2020
- NICE Amends Guidance on Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation During the Pandemic - Medscape - August 6th, 2020
- AlloVir raises $276M IPO to run broad cell therapy program - FierceBiotech - August 6th, 2020