Trusted Business Insights answers what are the scenarios for growth and recovery and whether there will be any lasting structural impact from the unfolding crisis for the Cell Therapy market.
Trusted Business Insights presents an updated and Latest Study on Cell Therapy Market 2020-2029. The report contains market predictions related to market size, revenue, production, CAGR, Consumption, gross margin, price, and other substantial factors. While emphasizing the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also offers a complete study of the future trends and developments of the market.The report further elaborates on the micro and macroeconomic aspects including the socio-political landscape that is anticipated to shape the demand of the Cell Therapy market during the forecast period (2020-2029).It also examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry including their corporate overview, financial summary, and SWOT analysis.
Get Sample Copy of this Report @ Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2020-2027 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19)
Industry Insights, Market Size, CAGR, High-Level Analysis: Cell Therapy Market
The global cell therapy market size was valued at USD 5.8 billion in 2019 and is projected to witness a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period. The development of precision medicine and advancements in Advanced Therapies Medicinal Products (ATMPS) in context to their efficiency and manufacturing are expected to be the major drivers for the market. In addition, automation in adult stem cell and cord blood processing and storage are the key technological advancements that have supported the growth of the market for cell therapy.
The investment in technological advancements for decentralizing manufacturing of this therapy is anticipated to significantly benefit the market. Miltenyi Biotec is one of the companies that has contributed to the decentralization in manufacturing through its CliniMACS Prodigy device. The device is an all-in-one automated manufacturing system that exhibits the capability of manufacturing various cell types.
An increase in financing and investments in the space to support the launch of new companies is expected to boost the organic revenue growth in the market for cell therapy. For instance, in July 2019, Bayer invested USD 215 million for the launch of Century Therapeutics, a U.S.-based biotechnology startup that aimed at developing therapies for solid tumors and blood cancer. Funding was further increased to USD 250 billion by a USD 35 million contribution from Versant Ventures and Fujifilm Cellular Dynamics.
The biomanufacturing companies are working in collaboration with customers and other stakeholders to enhance the clinical development and commercial manufacturing of these therapies. Biomanufacturers and OEMs such as GE healthcare are providing end-to-end flexible technology solutions to accelerate the rapid launch of therapies in the market for cell therapy.
The expanding stem cells arena has also triggered the entry of new players in the market for cell therapy. Celularity, Century Therapeutics, Rubius Therapeutics, ViaCyte, Fate Therapeutics, ReNeuron, Magenta Therapeutics, Frequency Therapeutics, Promethera Biosciences, and Cellular Dynamics are some startups that have begun their business in this arena lately.
The clinical-use segment is expected to grow lucratively during the forecast period owing to the expanding pipeline for therapies. The number of cancer cellular therapies in the pipeline rose from 753 in 2018 to 1,011 in 2019, as per Cancer Research Institute (CRI). The major application of stem cell treatment is hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for the treatment of the immune system and blood disorders for cancer patients.
In Europe, blood stem cells are used for the treatment of more than 26,000 patients each year. These factors have driven the revenue for malignancies and autoimmune disorders segment. Currently, most of the stem cells used are derived from bone marrow, blood, and umbilical cord resulting in the larger revenue share in this segment.
On the other hand, cell lines, such as Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSC) and human Embryonic Stem Cells (hESC) are recognized to possess high growth potential. As a result, a several research entities and companies are making significant investments in R&D pertaining to iPSC- and hESC-derived products.
Therapy Type Insights of Cell Therapy Market
An inclination of physicians towards therapeutic use of autologous and allogeneic cord blood coupled with rising awareness about the use of cord cells and tissues across various therapeutic areas is driving revenue generation. Currently, the allogeneic therapies segment accounted for the largest share in 2019 in the cell therapy market. The presence of a substantial number of approved products for clinical use has led to the large revenue share of this segment.
Furthermore, the practice of autologous tissue transplantation is restricted by the limited availability of healthy tissue in the patient. Moreover, this type of tissue transplantation is not recommended for young patients wherein tissues are in the growth and development phase. Allogeneic tissue transplantation has effectively addressed the above-mentioned challenges associated with the use of autologous transplantation.
However, autologous therapies are growing at the fastest growth rate owing to various advantages over allogeneic therapies, which are expected to boost adoption in this segment. Various advantages include easy availability, no need for HLA-matched donor identification, lower risk of life-threatening complications, a rare occurrence of graft failure, and low mortality rate.
Regional Insights of Cell Therapy Market
The presence of leading universities such as the Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, and Yale Stem Cell Center that support research activities in U.S. is one of the key factor driving the market for cell therapy in North America. Moreover, strong regulatory and financing support from the federal bodies for expansion of this arena in U.S. as well as Canada is driving the market.In Asia Pacific, the market is anticipated to emerge as a lucrative source of revenue owing to the availability of therapies at lower prices coupled with growing awareness among the healthcare entities and patients pertaining the potential of these therapies in chronic disease management. Japan is leading the Asian market for cell therapy, which can be attributed to its fast growth as a hub for research on regenerative medicine.
Moreover, the Japan government has recognized regenerative medicine and cell therapy as a key contributor to the countrys economic growth. This has positively influenced the attention of global players towards the Asian market, thereby driving marketing operations in the region.
Market Share Insights of Cell Therapy Market
Some key companies operating in this market for cell therapy are Fibrocell Science, Inc.; JCR Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd.; Kolon TissueGene, Inc.; PHARMICELL Co., Ltd.; Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.; MEDIPOST; Cells for Cells; NuVasive, Inc.; Stemedica Cell Technologies, Inc.; Vericel Corporation; and ANTEROGEN.CO.,LTD. These companies are collaborating with the blood centers and plasma collection centers in order to obtain cells for use in therapeutics development.
Several companies have marked their presence in the market by acquiring small and emerging therapy developers. For instance, in August 2019, Bayer acquired BlueRock Therapeutics to establish its position in the market for cell therapy. BlueRock Therapeutics is a U.S. company that relies on a proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) platform for cell therapy development.
Several companies are making an entry in the space through the Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) business model. For example, in April 2019, Hitachi Chemical Co. Ltd. acquired apceth Biopharma GmbH to expand its global footprint in the CDMO market for cell and gene therapy manufacturing.
In September 2020, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited announced the expansion of its cell therapy manufacturing capabilities with the opening of a new 24,000 square-foot R&D cell therapy manufacturing facility at its R&D headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. The facility provides end-to-end research and development capabilities and will accelerate Takedas efforts to develop next-generation cell therapies, initially focused on oncology with the potential to expand into other therapeutic areas.
The R&D cell therapy manufacturing facility will produce cell therapies for clinical evaluation from discovery through pivotal Phase 2b trials. The current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) facility is designed to meet all U.S., E.U., and Japanese regulatory requirements for cell therapy manufacturing to support Takeda clinical trials around the world.
The proximity and structure of Takedas cell therapy teams allow them to quickly apply what they learn across a diverse portfolio of next-generation cell therapies including CAR NKs, armored CAR-Ts, and gamma delta T cells. Insights gained in manufacturing and clinical development can be quickly shared across global research, manufacturing, and quality teams, a critical ability in their effort to deliver potentially transformative treatments to patients as fast as possible.
Takeda and MD Anderson are developing a potential best-in-class allogeneic cell therapy product (TAK-007), a Phase 1/2 CD19-targeted chimeric antigen receptor-directed natural killer (CAR-NK) cell therapy with the potential for off-the-shelf use being studied in patients with relapsed or refractory non-Hodgkins lymphoma (NHL) and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Two additional Phase 1 studies of Takeda cell therapy programs were also recently initiated: 19(T2)28z1xx CAR T cells (TAK-940), a next-generation CAR-T signaling domain developed in partnership with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) to treat relapsed/refractory B-cell cancers, and a cytokine and chemokine armored CAR-T (TAK-102) developed in partnership with Noile-Immune Biotech to treat GPC3-expressing previously treated solid tumors.
Takedas Cell Therapy Translational Engine (CTTE) connects clinical translational science, product design, development, and manufacturing through each phase of research, development, and commercialization. It provides bioengineering, chemistry, manufacturing and control (CMC), data management, analytical and clinical and translational capabilities in a single footprint to overcome many of the manufacturing challenges experienced in cell therapy development.
Segmentations, Sub Segmentations, CAGR, & High-Level Analysis overview of Cell Therapy Market Research ReportThis report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2019 to 2030. For the purpose of this study, this market research report has segmented the global cell therapy market on the basis of use-type, therapy-type, and region:
Use-Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019 2030)
By Therapeutic Area
By Cell Type
Non-stem Cell Therapies
Therapy Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019 2030)
Looking for more? Check out our repository for all available reports on Cell Therapy in related sectors.
Quick Read Table of Contents of this Report @ Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2020-2027 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19)
Trusted Business InsightsShelly ArnoldMedia & Marketing ExecutiveEmail Me For Any ClarificationsConnect on LinkedInClick to follow Trusted Business Insights LinkedIn for Market Data and Updates.US: +1 646 568 9797UK: +44 330 808 0580
Read more from the original source:
- Mayo Clinic Q and A: Stem cell therapy for arthritis ... - November 29th, 2021
- FDA Warns About Stem Cell Therapies | FDA - November 29th, 2021
- A Cure for Type 1 Diabetes? For One Man, It Seems to Have Worked. - The New York Times - November 29th, 2021
- Cell Therapy Markets, 2030 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - November 29th, 2021
- Neuroplast secures 10 million in funding to boost clinical development of stem cell therapy for traumatic spinal cord injuries - Spinal News... - November 29th, 2021
- Innovating Reversible Cell Therapies With RNA - Technology Networks - November 29th, 2021
- US Stem Cell Therapy Market size and analysis by leading manufacturers, application and types 2021-2027 Energy Siren - Energy Siren - November 29th, 2021
- InGeneron Publishes Significant Support for the Existence of Naturally Pluripotent Stem Cells in All Organs in the Adult Body - Galveston County Daily... - November 29th, 2021
- Susanna Park inducted as holder of Roth Endowed Chair for Discovery, Education and Patient Care - UC Davis Health - November 29th, 2021
- Covid vaccine: Stem cell transplant patients who must be completely re-vaccinated struggling to book jabs - iNews - November 29th, 2021
- Immunomic Therapeutics Announces Collaboration With iOncologi - BioSpace - November 29th, 2021
- An Against-the-Odds Cancer Story Can Be Yours - Curetoday.com - November 29th, 2021
- Calls for stem cell donation to change in Australia to reduce reliance on overseas donors - ABC News - November 29th, 2021
- The Expanding Role of Interferons in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms - Targeted Oncology - November 29th, 2021
- Dr. Van Rhee on Future Research Directions for CAR T-Cell Therapy in Multiple Myeloma - OncLive - September 5th, 2021
- Cell Therapy Manufacturing Market | Exclusive Report on the Latest Market Trends and Development - PharmiWeb.com - September 5th, 2021
- MD Anderson Now to Offer Solution for Cellular Therapy Toxicities - Targeted Oncology - September 5th, 2021
- NCCN Issues Updated Guidelines Regarding Third COVID-19 Vaccine Booster for Those With Cancer - Cancer Network - September 5th, 2021
- BioRestorative Therapies Receives Patent in Japan Related to its Off-the-Shelf ThermoStem Program - GuruFocus.com - September 5th, 2021
- Jury awards North Texas doctor $7.8 million in lawsuit over his partner locking him out - The Dallas Morning News - September 5th, 2021
- Iomab-B Shows Early Promise Versus Standard Therapy in Elderly R/R AML - Targeted Oncology - September 5th, 2021
- Pirtobrutinib Exhibits Promising Efficacy in Heavily Pretreated MCL and Other Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas - OncLive - September 5th, 2021
- MD Anderson and Bellicum Announce Additional License Agreement for Use of CaspaCIDe Safety Switch - Newswise - September 5th, 2021
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market by Sales, Revenue, Price and Gross Margin (2021-2027) UNLV The Rebel Yell - UNLV The Rebel Yell - September 5th, 2021
- Researchers curb local immune response in horses receiving stem cell injury therapy - Horsetalk - February 7th, 2021
- FDA Green Lights Trials of New Type 1 Diabetes Stem Cell Therapy - A Sweet Life - February 7th, 2021
- Breakthrough stem cell therapy may reverse life-threatening conditions in dogs - Study Finds - February 7th, 2021
- Perales Examines the Impact of COVID-19 on Recipients of Cellular Therapies for Cancer - OncLive - February 7th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements Directory 2020: Company AZ, Headline Value, Stage of Development at Signing, Deal Component Type,... - February 7th, 2021
- Westin Evaluates Management of DLBCL With CAR T-Cell Therapy - Targeted Oncology - February 7th, 2021
- Stem cells' efficacy confirmed in treating ototoxic hearing loss - Korea Biomedical Review - February 7th, 2021
- Stem cell therapy treatment introduced in Pakistan - The Nation - February 7th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Information, Figures and Analytical Insights 2020 2026 - The Courier - February 7th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size to Reach USD 5,040 Million by 2028 | Rising Public-Private Investments and Developing Regulatory Framework for Stem Cell... - February 1st, 2021
- ProgenCell - Stem Cell Therapies offers an updated Stem Cell Therapy for Anti Aging Protocol - PR Web - February 1st, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021: Global Key Players, Trends, Share, Industry Size, Segmentation, Forecast To 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU |... - February 1st, 2021
- Stem Cell Recruitment Therapy Registration Awarded by U.S. Patent & Trademark Office for Russell Health - MDJOnline.com - February 1st, 2021
- Cell and Gene Therapy Firms Gear up to Revolutionize Manufacturing - Labiotech.eu - February 1st, 2021
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Consumption Market Report By Application, Type, Top Companies, Growth, Regional Outlook, and Forecast to 2027 Murphy's... - February 1st, 2021
- Vertex Announces FDA Clearance of Investigational New Drug (IND) Application for VX-880, a Novel Cell Therapy for the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes... - February 1st, 2021
- Dancing on Ice's Colin Jackson to get stem cell op as he's got 'knees of 85-year-old' - Irish Mirror - February 1st, 2021
- Advanced Pancreatic Cancer Pipeline Therapeutics and Analysis, 2021 - GlobeNewswire - February 1st, 2021
- ClearPoint Neuro, Inc. Announces Expansion of Pre-Clinical and Translational Development Team to Support Gene and Stem Cell Therapy Partners -... - January 30th, 2021
- Cell Therapy Market 2020 Industry Size, Share, Segmentation, Comprehensive Analysis and Forecast by 2025 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The... - January 30th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021 Industry Size, Trends, Global Growth, Insights And Forecast Research Report 2026 NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - January 30th, 2021
- Researchers use patients' cells to test gene therapy for rare eye disease - National Institutes of Health - January 30th, 2021
- Exacis Biotherapeutics Announces Key Addition To Its Executive Leadership Team With Dirk Huebner MD Joining As Chief Medical Officer - PRNewswire - January 30th, 2021
- Caladrius Biosciences Treats First Patient in the Phase 2b FREEDOM Trial of CLBS16 for the Treatment of Coronary Microvascular Dysfunction - Cath Lab... - January 30th, 2021
- Tevogen Bio Secures Funding from Team of Doctors to Support Clinical Trials of Its Investigational Curative T Cell Therapy for COVID-19 - PRNewswire - January 30th, 2021
- Protein identified that may help treat Parkinsons disease - Medical News Today - January 30th, 2021
- Orchard Therapeutics Outlines Comprehensive Presence at 2021 WORLDSymposium - GlobeNewswire - January 30th, 2021
- Comprehensive Report on Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2027 | ANIMAL CELL THERAPIES,... - December 22nd, 2020
- I Peace, Inc. and Avery Therapeutics announce collaboration to bring iPSC derived cell therapy for heart failure to the clinic - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Announces Successful Application of ImmCelz Immunotherapy for Treatment of Stroke - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Glycostem and Ghent University sign license agreement on NK cell therapy technology - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to See Massive Growth by 2026 Osiris Therapeutics, NuVasive - Farming Sector - December 22nd, 2020
- Medicine by Design symposium highlights importance of convergence in regenerative medicine and human health - News@UofT - December 22nd, 2020
- Global NK Cell Therapy and Stem Cell Therapy Market: Development, Current Analysis and Estimated Forecast to 2025 - The Courier - December 22nd, 2020
- ONK Therapeutics Announces Three Exclusive Option License Agreements, Which Extend and Strengthen its Dual-Targeted NK Cell Therapy Pipeline -... - December 22nd, 2020
- New Combination Therapy Tested By Children's May Offer Hope For Leukemia Patients - WVXU - December 22nd, 2020
- Ashley Cain says over 80,000 people registered for stem cell donation in 48 hours after appeal to save baby - The Sun - December 22nd, 2020
- Bayer and Atara Biotherapeutics Enter Strategic Collaboration for Mesothelin-Targeted CAR T-cell Therapies for Solid Tumors - Business Wire - December 7th, 2020
- New Cedars-Sinai Biomanufacturing Center to Spur Cell Therapies - Newswise - December 7th, 2020
- ALLO-715, Off-the-Shelf CAR T-Cell Therapy, Produces Early Promise in Multiple Myeloma - Cancer Network - December 7th, 2020
- Stem cell therapy in coronavirus disease 2019: current evidence and future potential - DocWire News - December 7th, 2020
- Magenta Therapeutics and bluebird bio Announce a Phase 2 Clinical Trial Collaboration to Evaluate Magenta's MGTA-145 for Mobilizing and Collecting... - December 7th, 2020
- Treatment to restore vision by injecting stem cells into the eye could help people with damaged eyesight - iNews - December 7th, 2020
- Bayer creates cell and gene therapy platform to support partners - FierceBiotech - December 7th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report Forecast to 2029 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Cheshire Media - December 7th, 2020
- ASH Goes Remote as CAR T-Cell Therapy Competition Heats Up - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - December 7th, 2020
- Hematologist Discusses the Impact a Myeloma CAR T-Cell Approval Would Have on the Treatment Landscape - DocWire News - December 7th, 2020
- Cilta-Cel CAR T-cell Therapy Impresses With High ORR in R/R Multiple Myeloma - Targeted Oncology - December 7th, 2020
- Are stable producer cells the future of viral vector manufacturing and when will allogeneic cell therapy take hold? - BioPharma-Reporter.com - December 7th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Detailed Analysis Of Current Industry Figures With Forecasts Growth By 2027 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 7th, 2020
- Not All Patients With Relapsed DLBCL Referred for CAR T in Community Setting - Targeted Oncology - December 7th, 2020
- CRISPR and another genetic strategy fix cell defects in two common blood disorders - Science Magazine - December 7th, 2020
- UCLA receives $7.3 million grant to build state-of-the-art facility for developing gene, cell therapies - UCLA Newsroom - December 7th, 2020
- Celyad Oncology Provides Updates on Allogeneic and Autologous CAR T Programs at 62nd ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition - GlobeNewswire - December 7th, 2020
- Evolving Standards and Heated Debates in the Treatment of Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma - Curetoday.com - December 7th, 2020
- New Drug Could Improve Effectiveness of Stem Cell Therapy - Pain News Network - December 4th, 2020