The Ash conference is usually a mecca for cell therapy followers. Its 2020 instalment features plenty of Car-T and Car-NK presentations, though investors might rue the fact that these risk being overshadowed by antibody modalities.
Clinical data to watch on adoptive cell therapies include those on Fates allogeneic Car-NK project FT596 and Celyads Cyad-02, a Car using short hairpin RNA technology. Meanwhile, Allovir will want to justify enthusiasm for its recent flotation, whileBCMA-targeted multiple myeloma assets fight to stand out from the crowd.
The most advanced anti-BCMA Car-T therapy is Bristol Myers Squibb/Bluebirds ide-cel, which faces a March 27, 2021 US FDA action date despite an earlier refuse-to-file letter. The asset to watch, however, is Johnson & Johnson/Legend Biotechs cilta-cel, whose Cartitude-1 study is showing a remarkable 95% remission rate, according to the Ash abstract.
Not only that, but Bristol/Bluebirds follow-up, bb21217, looks disappointing, Ash data suggest. A US NCI group including Dr James Kochenderfer, who has also worked on ide-cel, is separately presenting clinical results on a new approach, FHVH-BCMA-T, which uses a heavy chain antibody fragment rather than the normal scFv.
With most abstracts citing relatively early data cut-offs, updates at Ash itself will be keenly awaited. Among these Poseida will no doubt field questions if responses to P-BCMA-101 continue to lookbetter at low than at high doses.
Long time coming
First clinical data on FT596, Fates first Car-modified NK cell approach, have been a long time coming: the FDA signed off the IND in September 2019, but the trial did not start until April this year.
Even so there might be disappointment as the Ash abstract details only a single case study, in a lymphoma subject who went into partial response after a single dose. Expectations for FT596 are high given the 73% response rate cited for an unrelated anti-CD19 Car-NK project run by MD Andersons Dr Katy Rezvani.
There might be more on FT596 at Ash, but some analysts are reining in expectations of meaningful data before next year. In the unmodified NK cell sphere, meanwhile, FC21-NK data could support Sanofis decision to buy Kiadis for $358m this month.
Celyad has been working on Car-T cells targeting NKG2D ligands for some time, but Ash will feature the first clinical data on Cyad-02, a construct that aims to improve on an earlier iteration, Cyad-01.
One problem with Cyad-01 is Car-T fratricide, caused by T cells' own transient expression ofNKG2D ligands; Cyad-02 aims to silence these ligands using shRNA technology. The Ash abstract says Cyad-02 showed threefold better expansion than Cyad-01, and promises to deliver preliminary clinical activity data.
While Cyad-02 is an autologous therapy, Celyad is separately developing allogeneic Cars. One of its allogeneic approaches also usesshRNA for gene silencing, so the Cyad-02 data could provide proof of concept beyond the use in the abstract.
Allogeneic therapies will of course be aired extensively at Ash, and a presidential symposium on 8 December will see UCLAs Dr Gay Crooks discussing universal cell sources. Dr Crookss pluripotent stem cell generation technology was licensed to Kite before that company was bought by Gilead.
Other presentations of general interest include a paper suggesting that CD5 knock-out enhances Car-T cell activity, and another claiming that aberrations in CD58 curtail the efficacy of Yescarta. The latter is also being highlighted at a December 5 press briefing, along with preclinical data on Allovirs anti-Covid-19 T-cell therapy ALVR109.
Investors in Allovir, whose stock has doubled since the group raised $318m in a July IPO, will pay close attention.
Ash 2020 will take place in virtual format on December 5-8.
Vantage analysis previously summarised upcoming Ash presentations that resulted in early share price moves, cancer-focused abstracts outside cell therapy, and those in non-oncology indications.
View original post here:
- Comprehensive Report on Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2027 | ANIMAL CELL THERAPIES,... - December 22nd, 2020
- I Peace, Inc. and Avery Therapeutics announce collaboration to bring iPSC derived cell therapy for heart failure to the clinic - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Announces Successful Application of ImmCelz Immunotherapy for Treatment of Stroke - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Glycostem and Ghent University sign license agreement on NK cell therapy technology - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to See Massive Growth by 2026 Osiris Therapeutics, NuVasive - Farming Sector - December 22nd, 2020
- Medicine by Design symposium highlights importance of convergence in regenerative medicine and human health - News@UofT - December 22nd, 2020
- Global NK Cell Therapy and Stem Cell Therapy Market: Development, Current Analysis and Estimated Forecast to 2025 - The Courier - December 22nd, 2020
- ONK Therapeutics Announces Three Exclusive Option License Agreements, Which Extend and Strengthen its Dual-Targeted NK Cell Therapy Pipeline -... - December 22nd, 2020
- New Combination Therapy Tested By Children's May Offer Hope For Leukemia Patients - WVXU - December 22nd, 2020
- Ashley Cain says over 80,000 people registered for stem cell donation in 48 hours after appeal to save baby - The Sun - December 22nd, 2020
- Bayer and Atara Biotherapeutics Enter Strategic Collaboration for Mesothelin-Targeted CAR T-cell Therapies for Solid Tumors - Business Wire - December 7th, 2020
- New Cedars-Sinai Biomanufacturing Center to Spur Cell Therapies - Newswise - December 7th, 2020
- ALLO-715, Off-the-Shelf CAR T-Cell Therapy, Produces Early Promise in Multiple Myeloma - Cancer Network - December 7th, 2020
- Stem cell therapy in coronavirus disease 2019: current evidence and future potential - DocWire News - December 7th, 2020
- Magenta Therapeutics and bluebird bio Announce a Phase 2 Clinical Trial Collaboration to Evaluate Magenta's MGTA-145 for Mobilizing and Collecting... - December 7th, 2020
- Treatment to restore vision by injecting stem cells into the eye could help people with damaged eyesight - iNews - December 7th, 2020
- Bayer creates cell and gene therapy platform to support partners - FierceBiotech - December 7th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report Forecast to 2029 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Cheshire Media - December 7th, 2020
- ASH Goes Remote as CAR T-Cell Therapy Competition Heats Up - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - December 7th, 2020
- Hematologist Discusses the Impact a Myeloma CAR T-Cell Approval Would Have on the Treatment Landscape - DocWire News - December 7th, 2020
- Cilta-Cel CAR T-cell Therapy Impresses With High ORR in R/R Multiple Myeloma - Targeted Oncology - December 7th, 2020
- Are stable producer cells the future of viral vector manufacturing and when will allogeneic cell therapy take hold? - BioPharma-Reporter.com - December 7th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Detailed Analysis Of Current Industry Figures With Forecasts Growth By 2027 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 7th, 2020
- Not All Patients With Relapsed DLBCL Referred for CAR T in Community Setting - Targeted Oncology - December 7th, 2020
- CRISPR and another genetic strategy fix cell defects in two common blood disorders - Science Magazine - December 7th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2020-2027 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Cheshire Media - December 7th, 2020
- UCLA receives $7.3 million grant to build state-of-the-art facility for developing gene, cell therapies - UCLA Newsroom - December 7th, 2020
- Celyad Oncology Provides Updates on Allogeneic and Autologous CAR T Programs at 62nd ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition - GlobeNewswire - December 7th, 2020
- Evolving Standards and Heated Debates in the Treatment of Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma - Curetoday.com - December 7th, 2020
- New Drug Could Improve Effectiveness of Stem Cell Therapy - Pain News Network - December 4th, 2020
- Repairing the Brain With Stem Cells? A Conversation With Prof. Jack Price - Being Patient - December 4th, 2020
- Hematologist/Stem Cell Biologist to Direct Hematology and Cellular Therapy at Cedars-Sinai - Newswise - December 4th, 2020
- CRISPR tagging used to grow neuronal cells from stem cells - Drug Target Review - December 4th, 2020
- How Stem Cell Therapy Market Will Dominate In Coming Years? Report Covering Products, Financial Information, Developments, Swot Analysis And... - December 4th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Period 2020 2025 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 4th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Expansion Projected to Gain an Uptick During 2020-2027 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 4th, 2020
- IN8bio announces first-in-human Phase 1 trial Update from The University of Kansas Cancer Center using INB-100, IN8bios Gamma Delta T-cell product... - December 4th, 2020
- Cancer Stem Cell Therapy Market Segmentation By Qualitative And Quantitative Research Incorporating Impact Of Economic And Non-Economic Aspects By... - December 4th, 2020
- CAR T-Cell Therapy Shows Promising Early Results in Children With Neuroblastoma - Technology Networks - December 4th, 2020
- Global Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report by Size, Data, Developments, Global Demand, In-Depth Analysis and Forecast 2020 to 2025 |... - November 27th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2025 - Cheshire Media - November 27th, 2020
- Celularity Announces Dosing of First Patient in Phase I Study of Human Placental Hematopoietic Stem Cell-Derived Natural Killer Cells (CYNK-001) in... - November 27th, 2020
- Scientists Reveal a New Drug That Directs Stem Cells To Desired Sites - Science Times - November 27th, 2020
- Global Stem Cells Market is estimated to account for US$ 18289.9 Mn by end of 2027, Says Coherent Market Insights (CMI) - Business Wire - November 27th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market To Observe Exponential Growth By 2020-2027 | Reports Globe - Cheshire Media - November 27th, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 to Flourish with an Impressive CAGR of XX% in the year 2026, Market Size & Growth with Complete Business... - November 27th, 2020
- Adipose Tissue-derived Stem Cell Therapy Market: Worldwide Industry to Boost in the Period of 2020-2025 - Express Journal - October 19th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020: Trends, and Opportunity Analysis, Top Manufacturers And Forecast to 2027 - PRnews Leader - October 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report Forecast to 2029 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Eurowire - October 19th, 2020
- Global Adipose Tissue-derived Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Demand, Business Growing Strategies, Industry Segmentation and Forecast 2025 -... - October 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Trends, Opportunities, New Technologies and Developments, Competitor analysis and Market Sizing from 2020 to 2026 - PRnews... - October 19th, 2020
- Global Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Demand, Business Growing Strategies, Industry Segmentation and Forecast 2025 - TechnoWeekly - October 19th, 2020
- Notch Therapeutics Strengthens Leadership Team with Appointment of Kamran Alam as CFO and Gregory Block as SVP, Corporate Development - PRNewswire - October 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market To Observe Exponential Growth By 2020-2027 | Verified Market Research - Stock Market Vista - October 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 growth factors, latest trend and regional analysis of leading players by 2025 - News by Decresearch - October 19th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2020-2027 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Eurowire - October 19th, 2020
- Autologous Cell Therapy Market is Anticipated to Expand at a CAGR of 18.1% from 2019 to 2027 - Eurowire - October 19th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market Trend,COVID-19 Impact,Current Industry Figures With Demand By Countries And Future Growth - PRnews Leader - October 19th, 2020
- Gamida Cell and Be The Match BioTherapies Expand Strategic Collaboration - BioSpace - October 19th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Manufacturing Market to be Worth USD 8 billion by 2030, predicts Roots Analysis - The Think Curiouser - October 19th, 2020
- Novellus Therapeutics Exclusively Licenses Induced Mesenchymal Stem Cells (iMSCs) to NoveCite for COVID-19 Related Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome... - October 19th, 2020
- UofL-born company secures an additional $115 million to advance cell therapy - uoflnews.com - October 19th, 2020
- Global and United States Cancer Stem Cell Therapy Market Leading Players Expected to Witness the Highest Growth 2025 | AVIVA BioSciences, AdnaGen,... - October 19th, 2020
- Can Stem Cell Therapy Repair Damaged Knees? - September 2nd, 2020
- Vor Biopharma and Metagenomi to Collaborate on Engineered Hematopoietic Stem-Cell Therapies - Business Wire - September 2nd, 2020
- COVID-19 cell therapy drives Mesoblast to seek manufacturing muscle - BioPharma-Reporter.com - September 2nd, 2020
- New Report Begins a New Era of Stem Cell Science and Medicine: Stem Cell Biotechnology Company Asymmetrex Tells How It Counts Therapeutic Tissue Stem... - September 2nd, 2020
- Optimized Freezing Solutions for Clinical Application of Cell Therapy Products - Technology Networks - September 2nd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Market 2020 with Analysis of 44 Industry Players - PRNewswire - September 2nd, 2020
- Cartesian Therapeutics Initiates Clinical Trial of First RNA-Engineered Cell Therapy for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and COVID-19 - PRNewswire - September 2nd, 2020
- New Comprehensive Report on Stem Cell Therapy Market to Witness an Outstanding Growth during 2020 2025 with Top Players Like Chiesi Pharmaceuticals,... - September 2nd, 2020
- CAR T-Cell Optimization Starts in Production, Extends to Therapy - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - September 2nd, 2020
- Ruxolitinib May Be Another Option for Children With Steroid Refractory aGVHD - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - September 2nd, 2020
- Growing Focus on R&D Likely to Accelerate the Growth of the Stem Cell Therapy Market - The News Brok - September 2nd, 2020
- Oldest male polar bear on record humanely euthanized at Point Defiance Zoo - MyNorthwest.com - September 2nd, 2020
- FDA Approves First Maintenance Therapy for AML - Medscape - September 2nd, 2020
- Elixirgen Therapeutics planning to begin Phase I/II Clinical Trials of its COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate EXG-5003 at Fujita Health University -... - September 2nd, 2020
- Hill Highlights the Potential of Selinexor as a Less Intensive Option for DLBCL - OncLive - September 2nd, 2020
- Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market Dynamics, Forecast, Analysis and Supply Demand 2018 to 2028 - Scientect - September 2nd, 2020
- Growing at an annualized rate of over 20%, the cell therapy manufacturing market is estimated to reach close to USD 10 Billion by 2030, claims Roots... - September 2nd, 2020