The concept of angels exists in almost every religion and culture on the planet. The Greek word for angels is angelos which means messenger and derives from the Hebrew term malakh which means shadow side of God. In ancient Sanskrit angiras means divine spirit. The Persians called these winged messengers angaros which means courier. In the Judeo-Christian history, angels were created before we were and the great war in heaven occurred before our world was created.
What do angels look like? In Ezekial 1:4-5, He writes, out of the midst came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance, they had the likeness of man.
St. Thomas Aquinas wrote that there are nine orders of angels determined by their closeness to God: the Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels and Angels. He also broke these nine orders into three houses: the angels of contemplation, the angels of the cosmos, and the angels of earth.
Angels of the earth (Principalities, Archangels and Angles) are intricately involved in the daily lives of humans. They handle Divine revelations, justice and karmic balance. Like the powers, the angels of earth are said to look just like us except they have wings. The Principalities deal with political issues. Some are said to be patrons of certain cities or countries. They also handle the assignment of the archangels and angels. The archangels primary job is to carry out Gods will. They help answer prayers. Guardian angels exist within and around our world and are tasked with overseeing our day-to-day lives. A guardian angel is assigned to every living person, place, and animal on Earth. Their job is to help expand their persons consciousness so they can commune more closely with God.
Our guardian angels are here to teach us spiritual lessons, to guide us to be more patient and tolerant and to help us learn to love in all its forms. Its believed that everyone has at least one guardian angel thats with us from birth to death and beyond. Their job is to guide us to the light and keep us on our path.
Every society has the concept of a guardian angel. The Greeks called them daemons. The Romans called them their genius and the Egyptians called them the ba or ka. Islam teaches that we each have four guardian angels two to watch us during the day and two to watch us at night. The Hindu versions of guardian angels are called gandharvas (male angels) and apsaras (female angels). Buddhist have Bodhisattva whose name means beings of enlightenment. They can appear in human or celestial form.
The third century mystic origen said guardian angels are invisible protectors assigned to us by God at birth to guide us in thoughts, words and deeds. He said it is through prayer that they make themselves known to us. He believed we each have a guardian angel who helps us choose to always follow freely Gods path for us.
Mystics and saints through the ages have long believed in their guardian angels. St. Patrick said his guardian angel was named Victor and frequently appeared to him. His first experience is when he was kidnapped and became a slave in Ireland. He said his angel gave him detailed instructions on how to escape.
St. John Bosco believed his guardian angel appeared in the form of a large grey dog who often showed up to protect him from his enemies. St. John nicknamed this dog Grigio which means gray one. This dog appeared throughout his life and never appeared to age.
Padre Pio, the 20th century saint who performed many miracles and received the stigmata, wrote and spoke often about his guardian angel. He said his angel often helped him and even assisted in translating the1000s of letters from people around the world asking for help so Padre Pio could read the letters.
In 1968 Pope Paul the sixth created a group called the Opus Sanctorum Angelorum the work of the holy angels. Initiates had to pass through three stages where they promised to love and work with their guardian angels.
Many famous people throughout history have claimed to receive help from their guardian angels. William Butler Yeats believed strongly that his angel helped him with his writing. Before his death, Thomas Edison believed so much in the world of spirits and angels that he was working on a telephone device that would allow us to phone heaven. Charles Lindbergh believed he made his historic flight across the Atlantic Ocean with the help of an unseen angel by his side. Henry Ford, General Patton, and J. Paul Getty all believed they were helped by their guardian angels. Sir Shackleton who explored the Antarctic said he was always aware of one more that traveled with them.
There are many ways you can connect with your guardian angel. The best way is through prayer requests. Because we all are bound to the law of free will, its important to ask for help from our angels. A traditional prayer for help is guardian angel, my guardian dear, to whom Gods love commits me here, ever this day and night be at my side to light and guard, to rule and guide. When we pray for our angels help, we will often find feathers as a sign that our angels are working with us.
Many people have connected with their angels in dreams and report being given guidance during a dream state. If you want to connect with your angel in this way, you can write down a question or problem you need help with. Tuck it under your pillow and pray that your angels connect with you in the dream state to give you assistance and guidance.
Often our guardian angels will connect with us through gentle, repetitive thoughts. For example, while looking for a new job, you might keep getting the thought to call an old friend. When you make the call, you discover the friends company is hiring and you get the job. These repetitive thoughts are accompanied by feelings of peace and serenity. When we have repeating thoughts that make us nervous or anxious, this is often our ego mind worrying for us and is not a message from your guardian angel.
Pope John Paul II recommended praying to other peoples angels too. When he was calling for an end to the arms race in the 1980's, Pope John Paul II prayed to Ronald Reagans guardian angel before meeting with him. If you have an important event coming up like a job interview consider taking a moment the night before to pray to everyones guardian angel who will be at the meeting.
Angels are known to speak the language of synchronicity. Pay attention to synchronicities in your life because often your guardian angel is behind this. For example, a woman named Rachel was dealing with stomach pains, but doctors couldnt find a source for her problems. She prayed about this and later bumped into an old friend who recommended she see a man named Dr. Max OConnell. Soon after, she met a new neighbor whose last name was also OConnell. The next morning at the park, she heard someone calling for their dog whose name was Max. She took these as signs and called Dr. OConnell. He was able to correctly diagnose her. Could this be coincidence? Maybe. But it could also be her guardian angel at work helping to guide her to the right doctor.
You can also pray to your guardian angel for protection too. Theres a well-known story of a doctor who was called out late at night to assist a farmer at his isolated cabin. When the doctor arrived, no one was at the farm. Years later, he was called to speak to a prisoner who was getting ready for his execution. The doctor was confused because hed never met this man and had not had any dealings with the prison. When we met the condemned man, the criminal told him that all those years ago, it was he who had called and asked the doctor to come out to that lonely farm. He was intending to rob him. Why didnt you? the doctor asked. The criminal told him it was because he saw a large angel with huge wings walking beside him.
Our guardian angels are here for us. Its their job to assist us on our journey to a closer relationship with spirit. But we have to request their help and work to foster a closer relationship with them. Reach out to your guardian angel, pray for your angels help, intervention and protection, and you will always be guided and held in their light and love.
Originally posted here:
- Faith in the Vortex - SpokaneFVS - spokanefavs.com - May 15th, 2020
- Alton Masons Debut Short Film Is an Ode to the Creative Spirit of Lagos - Vogue - May 15th, 2020
- The history of yoga in a readable book - The Hindu - May 15th, 2020
- We deciphered Matt Corral and Grant Tisdales closely-timed tweets from over the weekend - Red Cup Rebellion - May 15th, 2020
- We will gather in the glow - Aspen Daily News - May 15th, 2020
- PART 3 My Search for the One True God - Block Island Times - May 15th, 2020
- Future feel uncertain? See what's in the cards with a virtual psychic reading - 7x7 - May 15th, 2020
- Soul on Fire: Louise Hay's message still resonates in today's world - Coast News - May 15th, 2020
- Netflix: The Untamed Is The Perfect Quarantine Binge - GameSpot - May 15th, 2020
- General Hospital Spoilers Updates: Tension Grows Between Sam And Brando - Will They Hit The Sheets? - Celebrating The Soaps - May 15th, 2020
- As we struggle through the pandemic, persevere, keep praying, hold Lord's hand - Catholic Herald - May 15th, 2020
- Feeling anxious? Its good to talk or even shout and scream - The Irish Times - May 15th, 2020
- In Uzbekistan, Coming to Terms With the Countrys Dazzling History - The New York Times - May 15th, 2020
- Revelling in isolation lessons from Mars and India - The Hindu - May 15th, 2020
- My End is My Beginning: A wild sci-fi ride at the end of the world - Middle East Eye - May 15th, 2020
- The Number 88 Is Spiritual - Only Deep Thinkers Like Akufo-Addo Will Decide To Build 88 Hospitals - Says Actor Prince David Osei - Peace FM Online - May 3rd, 2020
- Conscious Moon Podcast is spreading spiritual enlightenment through topics like alternative healing, 5D consciousness and more - Press Release -... - May 3rd, 2020
- The poetics of universal imagination - The Sunday Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- The Buddha's impeccable wisdom - Sunday Observer - May 3rd, 2020
- Gautam Buddha: The epitome of humanity and knowledge sharing - Khabarhub - May 3rd, 2020
- Akufo-Addo is a deep thinker hence his move to improve the health systems in Ghana David Osei - GhanaWeb - May 3rd, 2020
- SAS: Who Dares Wins Ollie Ollerton reveals horrific childhood circus chimp attack left him addicted to booze - The Sun - May 3rd, 2020
- The Adventurous Lectionary The Fifth Sunday of Easter May 10,2020 - Patheos - May 3rd, 2020
- Karen Armstrong: The Lost Art of Reading Scripture - Tricycle - Tricycle - May 3rd, 2020
- Obituary: The Rt Revd Simon Barrington-Ward 01 May 2020 - Church Times - May 3rd, 2020
- Zoon Travels to the Past, Present, and Future on Light Prism - American Songwriter - May 3rd, 2020
- Review: 'Beyond the Visible: Hilma af Klint,' obscurity to art world star - Los Angeles Times - April 23rd, 2020
- 'Conspirituality' the overlap between the New Age and conspiracy beliefs - Elemental - April 23rd, 2020
- The purpose of life on earthOpinion - Guardian - April 23rd, 2020
- Duncan Trussell Discusses His Personal Journey to The Midnight Gospel - Bleeding Cool News - April 23rd, 2020
- As coronavirus cases fall, South Koreans warned not to lift their guard - The Times - April 23rd, 2020
- Having difficulty meditating? Here are meditation tips to manage restlessness - Republic World - Republic World - April 23rd, 2020
- Happy Ramadan 2020: Wishes, quotes, SMS, messages, Shayari, Facebook and WhatsApp status to share with family and friends - Jagran English - April 23rd, 2020
- A History of Disease, Faith, and Recovery in Rome - Hyperallergic - April 23rd, 2020
- If the Climate Was a Bank, They Would Have Already Rescued It: 50th Anniversary of #EarthDay - Patheos - April 23rd, 2020
- Protesters rally in Harrisburg to demand Wolf reopen economy - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader - April 23rd, 2020
- Greatest rock song of the 20th century - CapeGazette.com - April 21st, 2020
- 'It is part of my spiritual life': the people who take running to the extreme - The Guardian - April 21st, 2020
- Was the Revolution About Reason? - American Greatness - April 21st, 2020
- When the medium is the messenger the art of communicating with spirits - Apollo Magazine - April 21st, 2020
- Art in times of coronavirus 100 inspiring quotes on World Art Day 2020 - YourStory - April 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus outbreak brings into focus elements of blind faith, bigotry in society and the need to... - Firstpost - April 21st, 2020
- MusicWatch Monthly: Send the fool further - Oregon ArtsWatch - April 2nd, 2020
- ALL WE HAVE IS NOW. THE POWER OF NOW BY ECKHART TOLLE. - Thrive Global - April 2nd, 2020
- 5 Buddhist teachings that can help you deal with coronavirus anxiety - Midland Daily News - April 2nd, 2020
- Inside the May 2020 issue of Lion's Roar magazine - Lion's Roar - April 2nd, 2020
- Sampa the Great makes uplifting spiritual soul on The Return - Chicago Reader - April 2nd, 2020
- Commentary: Will there be Easter? - The San Diego Union-Tribune - April 2nd, 2020
- The Emerging Right-Wing Vision of Constitutional Authoritarianism - The New Republic - April 2nd, 2020
- How the Ice Cube Lost Its Mystery - News Parliament - April 2nd, 2020
- Positive thinking modeOpinion - Guardian - April 2nd, 2020
- Is the God of Love also the God of Suffering? - Patheos - April 2nd, 2020
- Born To Rule: Sovereignty in International Law - Modern Diplomacy - April 2nd, 2020
- Why has God forsaken humanity in the time of the Coronavirus Pandemic? - Asian Tribune - April 2nd, 2020
- The Tarot Card Collection by Sofia Zakia for Inner Enlightenment - JCK - March 31st, 2020
- Apocalypse Now and Not Yet: N. T. Wright's Recovery of the Apocalyptic Imagination - Patheos - March 31st, 2020
- Illness as imagination - Times of India - March 31st, 2020
- Color Therapy: Yellow - vmagazine.com - March 31st, 2020
- Model Angela Martini: Here Is How To Survive And Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person - Thrive Global - March 31st, 2020
- Chant these Shanti Mantras for universal peace and wellness - Times Now - March 31st, 2020
- Feast of the Passover - THISDAY Newspapers - March 31st, 2020
- A big bookmark in our lives: York County Libraries are here for you with eBooks - York Daily Record - March 31st, 2020
- Frank Oceans Monks & the Fantasy of Worship - DJBooth - March 31st, 2020
- Opinion: Coronavirus is the greatest challenge we've faced in generations. Altruism is how to overcome it - The Globe and Mail - March 31st, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment: What It Is and How to Experience It - March 16th, 2020
- 5 Things You Should Know About Spiritual Enlightenment ... - March 16th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Truths & Paths | Live and Dare - March 16th, 2020
- What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? - March 16th, 2020
- Agnes Pelton Joins the Underappreciated Female Artists Finally Getting Their Due With a Major New Show at the Whitney - Vogue - March 16th, 2020
- Jefferson Hack: The Beauty and Violence of Willy Vanderperre's Photography - AnOther Magazine - March 16th, 2020
- We Need to Resacralize the World - lareviewofbooks - March 16th, 2020
- Agnes Pelton Went to the Desert in Search of Solace. Her Paintings at the Whitney Show She Found Something Magical There - artnet News - March 16th, 2020
- Opinion: General Buratai in the eyes of the people by Abe Kolawole - Latest News in Nigeria & Breaking Naija News 24/7 | LEGIT.NG - March 16th, 2020
- How Rishikesh Became the Capital of Yoga Worldwide - Communal News - March 16th, 2020
- Digital Wisdom in the Time of Coronavirus Disease 2019 - Patheos - March 16th, 2020
- Reflections for the III Sunday of Lent - Vatican News - March 16th, 2020
- Black business and superstition - Bulawayo24 News - March 16th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment | Enlightened Beings - March 13th, 2020
- The 3 Stages Of Spiritual Enlightenment : In5D - March 13th, 2020
- Where Is Our World Heading? - Chapter 29 of Positivity Bias - Chabad.org - March 13th, 2020