Im going to be completely honest with you, this post on spiritual enlightenment (also known as spiritual awakening) is going to completely mind-fuck you.
By mind-fuck I mean you are going to be thinking wooaahh where do I even go from here?WhatIm going to disclose to you will completely shock you and probably trigger a wide variety of emotions.
That is normal. If you dont feel any emotions after I tell you the most shocking revelation youll ever hear, then you arent really grasping the significance of this truth.
You need to take this truth seriously because it is the most advanced, profound, important, and challenging concept in all of personal development.
This truth is vital if you want to self-actualize because without it your entire life is basically a lie and therefore you cant truly self-actualize.
Understanding this truth is required if you want to discover true happiness and true love at the most profound level.
I am going to try to conceptually and rationally communicate to you what spiritual enlightenment/spiritual awakening is, as best as I possibly can.
But before I break it down rationally I need to say this, this truth is something that cant be communicated because communication is just conceptual in nature.
This truth and insight can only be experienced through 1st person experience/phenomena.
Here is an example of what I mean, lets say you never heard of or experienced an orange. I can explain to you in extreme detail everything that makes an orange an orange, I can explain to you its appearance and how it tastes until you are blue in the face, but this conceptual construction of the orange will never lead you to truly experiencing the orange. Do you get a sense of what I mean?
Stop confusing the map for the territory.
If you ever want to experience or attain spiritual enlightenment you are going to have to go through many 1000s of hours of hard work. It will be the hardest thing you ever do, no doubt about it.
Since spiritual enlightenment cant ever be communicated what I hope to achieve with this article is to open your mind up to what is possible and how it can utterly change your life.
I hope that I can inspire you try to experience spiritual enlightenment for yourself (through practice)andeventually get a glimpse or even a tiny taste of it so that you realize that it is the Truth with a capital T.
You dont exist! I dont mean that metaphorically, I mean you literally dont exist!
Take a second to really take in what I just stated.
Your personal existence, the you that you believe you are, is all a big fat illusion.
You as a perceiver of perceptions, does not exist.
You think of yourself as a perceiver that perceives things, such as these words on your screen, that is false. That is illusory.
What if I told you that only perceptions exist and that perceptions exist without perceivers? Well, that is indeed the truth.
I want you to deeply contemplate this question, what makes you fundamentally you? What makes you you at the most fundamental level?
I want you to go as deep as possible and really feel the question, what makes you, you?
If you are extremely honest with yourself you will come to the realization that there is no part of you that is extremely grounded and that you can solidly say it is what makes you essentially you.
Who you think you are is like a house of cards, its flimsy and you can take it apart card by card.
So what or who do you think you are?
Most of you will think about this and come to the conclusion that you are the brain. You will think Jack, I am the brainduh.
But are you? What if you fell and hit your head and a part of your personality changes? Are you really just your brain if it can be altered so easily?
How about the thoughts that arise from the brain, is that what you are fundamentally?
Ok, Ill help you out, the you that you really think you are is just a thought.
Your entire being and identity (the you that you think you are) is a concept invented by your thoughts.
You is just a construction/conception of the mind. I am not even going to say your mindbecause in actuality there is no you to claim it.
There is no ownership to be had, thoughts arise as perceptions from pure nothingness. You can use pure consciousness to observe these thoughts and realize this truth.
Actually you can discover this truth using a variety of techniques such as meditation, self observation, and self-inquiry. When you seriously observe your own thoughts you will come to this realization.
In the near future I will explain each technique in detail so that you can actually practice spirituality and attain spiritual enlightenment, if you choose to do so.
We seem to think that we are experiencing nature from our point of view, but the truth is that we are nature experiencing its self.
Our sense of identity developed as a survival mechanism and it takesof credit for everything (including your ownership). We can call this the ego, and by ego, we mean your entire self-constructed identity.
Think of it like this, there are 2 selfs, the fake/little self and the true/ultimate self.
Your fake self is you thinking you are just this human animal perceiving life and all of its perceptions. 99.9999% of the population is stuck in this illusory paradigm.
The true self is 100% pure consciousness. This is hard to put into words so bear with me. Think of consciousness as pure emptiness, this pure emptiness is where everything stems from.
Existence (pure consciousness) itself arises from nothingness.
And from nothingness I dont mean the simple nothing that we all think of. I mean PURE nothingness. Its so nothing that its impossible to comprehend, it can only be experienced.
Attempting to conceptual and rationalize pure nothingness is only mental masturbation, it cant be done.
Just a heads up, on your path to spiritual enlightenment you will come across a wide variety of different terms that are synonymous and interchangeable with nothingness.
Remember that phrase from Alan Watts you the universe experiencing itself? A more accurate phrase is you are nothing experiencing everything.
When you experience or attain spiritual enlightenment you will understand your true nature and the true nature of existence/consciousness.
You will experience many deep insights depending on how deep your enlightenment experience is.
Some people have enlightenment experiences so profound that they experience various mind blowing insights simultaneously, while others might discover these truths at a much slower rate and perhaps individually.
You can experience all of these profound and powerful truths/insights by experiencing or attaining spiritual enlightenment.
Also, I want to note that I only briefly mentioned these insights so that you are aware of them and aware of whats possible.
I am going to break down every insight individually in extreme detail in the next couple weeks, so I recommend you subscribe and stay tuned to the blog!
You can experience all of the insights that I mentioned earlier and dont you want to know the Truth with a capital T? This reason alone should be enough to inspire you to practice spirituality.
If you dont value truth and curiosity super highly there are still a laundry list of benefits that you can experience from practicing spirituality and attaining spiritual enlightenment.
How about now, feeling more inspired? I should ask you this, why would you not strive for spiritual enlightenment?
I mean what the fuck is so important or more important than experiencing all of the benefits I listed and living an extraordinary life?
What the fuck is more important than living an indescribably profound life and experiencing the ultimate TRUTH?
Yes, unless you are suffering from a severe mental condition spiritual enlightenment is possible for pretty much anyone who truly wants it and puts in the work.
Now are you going to attain spiritual enlightenment? I would confidently bet that you are not going to attain spiritual enlightenment.
Here is the thing, spiritual enlightenment is so difficult to achieve because you have to dissolve your ego (identity).
Do you understand the significance of this? You literally have to kill yourself, or rather your fake self and the you that you falsely think you are.
You are probably going to be to scared and too selfish to start practicing spirituality with the goal to kill your ego, otherwise known as ego death.
If you dont start practicing spirituality because you dont want to reach spiritual enlightenment, I dont blame you. It is so rare that I would guess the number of fully enlightened humans on planet earth is probably anywhere from a few hundred to a couple thousand at most.
Nevertheless, it is possible to attain if you want it strongly enough.
Spiritual enlightenment is spiritual awakening, you have to wake up from many many years of of being asleep.
Unwiring your entire framework is no easy task. Even when you think you are finally experiencing spiritual awakening, you will experience a strong ego backlash.
Your ego is like the villain in all the horror films, just when you think you killed it, it comes back stronger than ever. You will experience this many times, until one day you killed your ego for good.
To achieve permanent enlightenment it will probably take you a couple decadesif you are lucky. Probably more like 30 to 40 years, if you achieve it at all.
Dont get freaked out by how long it takes to attain spiritual enlightenment!
You dont have to attain it permanently, you can actually experience multiple temporary yet powerful enlightenment experiences that will benefit you tremendously and completely transform your life.
You can achieve a temporary enlightenment experience and temporarily experience ego death, relatively quickly. Anywhere between 3 months to 2 years, depending on how hard you work for it.
Also, there is a quick hack that can give you an enlightenment experience almost instantly. This can be achieved with powerful psychedelic substances, however I dont recommend using psychedelics unless you already have been seriously practicing spirituality and in the right state of mind to use psychedelics as a tool to speed up your progress.
I will talk about psychedelics in great dept in a future post.
I have an interesting fact for you, did you know that just about all mainstream religions were created because of a few enlightened individuals attempted to teach and spread spirituality and spiritual enlightenment to the masses?
Many of the founders and important figures of mainstream religions were simply enlightened human beings with the intention of spreading the profound truths and insights that come with spiritual enlightenment.
For example, Jesus Christ was a very enlightened person and his quotes demonstrate this, lets check some of them out.
I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Jesus was saying that worldly possessions distract us from reaching spiritual enlightenment as it only feeds the ego and strengthens it. Spiritual enlightenment leads to heaven due to no more suffering. Heaven is symbolic for a blissful life, which is attained once suffering is eradicated through spirituality.
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Jesus is enlightened and therefore he is the son of the father (consciousness), and with this quote he is saying that you can reach his level of enlightenment, but in order to do so you must treat everyone/everything equally.
Little children, you are from God, and have conquered them; for the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in this world.
Do you understand the profundity of this quote? He clearly stated that there are 2 yous. The fake self and the one your currently believe you are, a human brain in a physical reality, and the true you which is consciousness from which the world (existence) stems from.
I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
This statement is Jesus stating that he has reached the truth therefore he became the truth, and that the only way you can reach spiritual awakening is by
The quotes above are just a small sample of insights from 1 enlightened sage. Do some research and you will find many thousands of examples from many sages throughout history.
You see, the problem is that it is so difficult to communicate the incommunicable (spiritual enlightenment), that the masses formed religions out of these teachings, wrongly spreading dogma and therefore corrupting the teachings and insights from sages/mystics of the past.
Also, note that was even harder to communicate spirituality in ancient times as society was much less nuanced.
Remember when I said the map is not the territory? What went wrong with just about every mainstream religion is that they are claiming that the map is the territory.
Words are the map and religions expect you to experience the truth that is God or Consciousness simply by accepting the map as the truth.
I saw a video on spiritual enlightenment where this guy summed it up beautifully with a statement that went like this, Atheists dont believe in the OH MY GOD, religious folks believe in the OH MY GOD, and spiritually enlightened folks actually experienced the OH MY GOD.
The same goes for everything that I am telling you here, dont take my words as truth! I am just trying to get you inspired enough to practice spirituality so that you eventually experience the OH MY GOD.
Also, another reason that spiritual enlightenment isnt mainstream is that when people become enlightened/awake they dont tend to have the motivation to teach, which tends to dissolve once the ego dissolves.
Just because spiritual enlightenment isnt taken seriously in modern society doesnt mean it wont in the future.
While civilization is still in the dark ages consciously, I believe that we as a civilization will awake in the future.
My beliefs aside, there are two ultimate fates for civilization. We either will become collectively enlightened and live a happy and prosperous existence, or we never reach enlightenment which will lead to more suffering and eventually civilization perishing from existence.
I can only hope that you take me seriously because I want you to take your personal development seriously.
You should take living an extraordinary and profound life seriously.
To reach the highest levels of life you are going to have to self-actualize and to do that you have to seek and learn lifes deepest truths and insights, which is done not through dogmatic thinking and scientific thinking. It is done through increasing your consciousness, duh consciousness is all there is!
I feel like I can really help you out if you decide to embark on this journey.
I have been actively practicing consciousness work/spirituality for the last 3 years.
There is an important point I need to make clear, I have not attained spiritual enlightenment, however I have experienced it twice, briefly.
My temporary enlightenment experiences only lasted about 10 hours combined, but those where the 10 most shockingly beautiful, blissful, and profound hours I have ever experienced. Words can never and will never explain the beauty of these mystical experiences.
Read the original here:
- Ram Dass, who sought enlightenment through LSD and became spiritual leader, dead at 88 - San Francisco Chronicle - December 27th, 2019
- An Artist Shares Her Most Striking Images of the Decade - The New York Times - December 27th, 2019
- Kung Fu Nuns in Nepal boost their health in the fight for women's rights - KAKE - December 27th, 2019
- Pay-What-You-Can Russian House #1 in Jenner Is One of Californias Most Eccentric Restaurants - Eater SF - December 27th, 2019
- Kanye West plans to evangelize Americas youth with music: No weapon formed against me shall prosper - The Christian Post - November 19th, 2019
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Baby of the House - Vulture - November 19th, 2019
- Who Was the Buddha? - Lion's Roar - November 19th, 2019
- MOVIE REVIEW: Scorsese, De Niro and Pesci at their best in 'The Irishman' - Gwinnettdailypost.com - November 19th, 2019
- The Funeral Traditions of Different Culture and Religion - Agence de presse D.I.A. - November 19th, 2019
- Children in Need events across Gwent - South Wales Argus - November 19th, 2019
- With Kartarpur, Pakistan says: Our arms are always open for you whenever you visit - Gulf News - November 19th, 2019
- The Rights Judeo-Christian Fixation - The New Republic - November 19th, 2019
- The World-Soul, Natura and Mother Earth - Patheos - November 19th, 2019
- Seattle City Council election results set the stage for transformative change - Real Change News - November 19th, 2019
- Dispatches #2 and #3 from Doc NYC: Mr. Toilet: The World's #2 Man and We Believe in Dinosaurs - Bright Lights Film Journal - November 19th, 2019
- Lights of Faith: Candles Keep Vigil, Become Votive Offerings - National Catholic Register - November 19th, 2019
- Meaningful Conversations: Spiritual But Not Religious? - UAFS News - November 11th, 2019
- Kanye Wests Sunday Service at the Forum 11/10 - mxdwn.com - November 11th, 2019
- Guiding Light: Back to the Heart - Free Press Journal - November 11th, 2019
- Federal judge halts Texas execution of Patrick Murphy - The Texas Tribune - November 11th, 2019
- 11.11 Wish And Its Meaning: Why is The Time 11:11 So Auspicious Numerologically? Does 11/11 Wish Come True - LatestLY - November 11th, 2019
- Nine German artists talk about their work for season II of bangaloREsidency 2019 - The Hindu - November 11th, 2019
- Meet the Kung Fu Nuns of Nepal - The New York Times - November 11th, 2019
- People welcome 'Cavalcade of Universal Oneness' with open arms - Daily Pioneer - November 11th, 2019
- Is coffee the new alcohol? - Oaklandpostonline - November 11th, 2019
- The Spec-Ops Guys Behind The App Transforming Military Fitness - menshealth.com - November 11th, 2019
- The Cold War between the Medium and the Message: Western Modernism vs. Socialist Realism - Journal #104 November 2019 - E-Flux - November 11th, 2019
- 1 dead, 1 hospitalized after gunmen shot both in the back of the head during apparent robbery - Texas Breaking News - November 11th, 2019
- 10 Bizarre Festivals in Asia You Need to Experience | TheTravel - TheTravel - October 24th, 2019
- President has first ever smart thought; calls for own impeachment - Los Angeles Loyolan - October 24th, 2019
- Hey, John MacArthur. You have a culture. It's called white (Christian) patriarchy. - Patheos - October 24th, 2019
- Tagore and Caste - The Statesman - October 24th, 2019
- One Cure for Malnutrition of the Soul - The New York Times - October 24th, 2019
- 'The Irony of Modern Catholic History: How the Church Rediscovered Itself & Challenged the Modern World to Reform' Book Review - National Review - October 24th, 2019
- Who is Kalki Bhagwan Who Once Predicted Death of Organised Religions and Now Faces I-T Heat? - News18 - October 24th, 2019
- Astrology in the Age of Uncertainty - The New Yorker - October 24th, 2019
- 'To Particularize is the Alone Distinction of Merit': Blake's Visionary Imagination - The New York Review of Books - October 24th, 2019
- The Great Flood and What It Tells Us - The Epoch Times - October 24th, 2019
- How Africans held off German colonialists with spears and arrows for two years during the Maji Maji rebellion - Face2Face Africa - October 24th, 2019
- The Eurozone Civil War Has Several Bay Of PIGS Moments - Seeking Alpha - October 24th, 2019
- Meditation is a potent stress reliever and more - CapeGazette.com - October 24th, 2019
- Marianne Williamson and the religion of "spirituality" - Salon - October 15th, 2019
- Evolution of the guru principle - Economic Times - October 15th, 2019
- Is Vanda Boone's Murder Connected To Nancy Moyer's Disappearance? | Searching For - Oxygen - October 15th, 2019
- What's all the buzz about? Montreal woman seeks to demystify ayahuasca - Montreal Gazette - October 15th, 2019
- The age of distraction | Opinion - Plattsburgh Press Republican - October 15th, 2019
- Rescue changed the lives of firefighter and victim in aftermath of Loma Prieta - San Francisco Chronicle - October 15th, 2019
- Hogarth: Place and Progress - ArtLyst - October 15th, 2019
- 4 Reasons Why Chat-based Learning Can Be a Solution To India's Mass Education Challenges - Entrepreneur - October 15th, 2019
- New opportunities for integration and cooperation: Op-ed - Hurriyet Daily News - October 15th, 2019
- Walking the path of the buddha in a neglected corner of India - GQ India - October 15th, 2019
- Non-Violence Is Not the Be-All and End-All of Buddhas Revolutionary Teachings - The Wire - October 15th, 2019
- The philosophy of the Joker - Fabius Maximus website - October 15th, 2019
- Succession Composer Nicholas Britell Talks Creating the Flava That Was Kendalls Rap - IndieWire - October 15th, 2019
- How to Use Tarot Cards as a Spiritual Guide to Everyday Life - Study Breaks - October 5th, 2019
- Clearly, Fans Thinks Demi Lovatos Heartless Apology Letter Is Just For Sake. Blasting Over A Free T ... - The Inner Sane - October 5th, 2019
- 'I put my head in the guillotine for Osho and I would do it again Why can't I be myself? Why do I have to be enlightened?' - Times of India - October 5th, 2019
- The indefatigable Gandhian Subba Rao: Meeting the Mahatma and other encounters of a lifetime - Times Now - October 5th, 2019
- The Carnatic blues of Ross Hammond and Jay Nair - Berkeleyside - October 5th, 2019
- Hospice of Santa Barbara Honors Its Heroes And Raises $178000 - Noozhawk - October 5th, 2019
- The Eclectic Sheldon Theatre is the Jewel-Box of Red Wing - Music in Minnesota - October 5th, 2019
- Your thoughts on Cardinal Burke's vision of church, the partisan divide, parish shopping and more - National Catholic Reporter - October 5th, 2019
- Art, teaching and skills for Seekers: A conversation with author and BYU professor Anthony Sweat, author of - Deseret News - October 5th, 2019
- 'Walk in China' VR Trilogy - Animation World Network - October 5th, 2019
- 7 Signs That You Are Achieving Spiritual Enlightenment ... - June 1st, 2019
- What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? - June 1st, 2019
- Sedona Spiritual Inspiration & Healing | Visit Sedona - June 1st, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Looking Past the Bithumb Crypto Hack - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: What You Need to Know This Week - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: XRP Validators, Malta, and Practical Tokens - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: New Exchanges Could Boost Crypto Liquidity - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETF Rejection, AMD Microchip Sales, and Hedge Funds - May 25th, 2019
- Bitcoin Rise: Is the Recent Bitcoin Price Surge a Sign of Things to Come or Another Misdirection? - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Vitalik Buterin Doesn’t Care About Bitcoin ETFs - May 25th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Truths, Distortions, and Paths ... - May 13th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment | Enlightened Beings - May 13th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Spiritual Experience - May 13th, 2019