Im going to be completely honest with you, this post on spiritual enlightenment (also known as spiritual awakening) is going to completely mind-fuck you.
By mind-fuck I mean you are going to be thinking wooaahh where do I even go from here?WhatIm going to disclose to you will completely shock you and probably trigger a wide variety of emotions.
That is normal. If you dont feel any emotions after I tell you the most shocking revelation youll ever hear, then you arent really grasping the significance of this truth.
You need to take this truth seriously because it is the most advanced, profound, important, and challenging concept in all of personal development.
This truth is vital if you want to self-actualize because without it your entire life is basically a lie and therefore you cant truly self-actualize.
Understanding this truth is required if you want to discover true happiness and true love at the most profound level.
I am going to try to conceptually and rationally communicate to you what spiritual enlightenment/spiritual awakening is, as best as I possibly can.
But before I break it down rationally I need to say this, this truth is something that cant be communicated because communication is just conceptual in nature.
This truth and insight can only be experienced through 1st person experience/phenomena.
Here is an example of what I mean, lets say you never heard of or experienced an orange. I can explain to you in extreme detail everything that makes an orange an orange, I can explain to you its appearance and how it tastes until you are blue in the face, but this conceptual construction of the orange will never lead you to truly experiencing the orange. Do you get a sense of what I mean?
Stop confusing the map for the territory.
If you ever want to experience or attain spiritual enlightenment you are going to have to go through many 1000s of hours of hard work. It will be the hardest thing you ever do, no doubt about it.
Since spiritual enlightenment cant ever be communicated what I hope to achieve with this article is to open your mind up to what is possible and how it can utterly change your life.
I hope that I can inspire you try to experience spiritual enlightenment for yourself (through practice)andeventually get a glimpse or even a tiny taste of it so that you realize that it is the Truth with a capital T.
You dont exist! I dont mean that metaphorically, I mean you literally dont exist!
Take a second to really take in what I just stated.
Your personal existence, the you that you believe you are, is all a big fat illusion.
You as a perceiver of perceptions, does not exist.
You think of yourself as a perceiver that perceives things, such as these words on your screen, that is false. That is illusory.
What if I told you that only perceptions exist and that perceptions exist without perceivers? Well, that is indeed the truth.
I want you to deeply contemplate this question, what makes you fundamentally you? What makes you you at the most fundamental level?
I want you to go as deep as possible and really feel the question, what makes you, you?
If you are extremely honest with yourself you will come to the realization that there is no part of you that is extremely grounded and that you can solidly say it is what makes you essentially you.
Who you think you are is like a house of cards, its flimsy and you can take it apart card by card.
So what or who do you think you are?
Most of you will think about this and come to the conclusion that you are the brain. You will think Jack, I am the brainduh.
But are you? What if you fell and hit your head and a part of your personality changes? Are you really just your brain if it can be altered so easily?
How about the thoughts that arise from the brain, is that what you are fundamentally?
Ok, Ill help you out, the you that you really think you are is just a thought.
Your entire being and identity (the you that you think you are) is a concept invented by your thoughts.
You is just a construction/conception of the mind. I am not even going to say your mindbecause in actuality there is no you to claim it.
There is no ownership to be had, thoughts arise as perceptions from pure nothingness. You can use pure consciousness to observe these thoughts and realize this truth.
Actually you can discover this truth using a variety of techniques such as meditation, self observation, and self-inquiry. When you seriously observe your own thoughts you will come to this realization.
In the near future I will explain each technique in detail so that you can actually practice spirituality and attain spiritual enlightenment, if you choose to do so.
We seem to think that we are experiencing nature from our point of view, but the truth is that we are nature experiencing its self.
Our sense of identity developed as a survival mechanism and it takesof credit for everything (including your ownership). We can call this the ego, and by ego, we mean your entire self-constructed identity.
Think of it like this, there are 2 selfs, the fake/little self and the true/ultimate self.
Your fake self is you thinking you are just this human animal perceiving life and all of its perceptions. 99.9999% of the population is stuck in this illusory paradigm.
The true self is 100% pure consciousness. This is hard to put into words so bear with me. Think of consciousness as pure emptiness, this pure emptiness is where everything stems from.
Existence (pure consciousness) itself arises from nothingness.
And from nothingness I dont mean the simple nothing that we all think of. I mean PURE nothingness. Its so nothing that its impossible to comprehend, it can only be experienced.
Attempting to conceptual and rationalize pure nothingness is only mental masturbation, it cant be done.
Just a heads up, on your path to spiritual enlightenment you will come across a wide variety of different terms that are synonymous and interchangeable with nothingness.
Remember that phrase from Alan Watts you the universe experiencing itself? A more accurate phrase is you are nothing experiencing everything.
When you experience or attain spiritual enlightenment you will understand your true nature and the true nature of existence/consciousness.
You will experience many deep insights depending on how deep your enlightenment experience is.
Some people have enlightenment experiences so profound that they experience various mind blowing insights simultaneously, while others might discover these truths at a much slower rate and perhaps individually.
You can experience all of these profound and powerful truths/insights by experiencing or attaining spiritual enlightenment.
Also, I want to note that I only briefly mentioned these insights so that you are aware of them and aware of whats possible.
I am going to break down every insight individually in extreme detail in the next couple weeks, so I recommend you subscribe and stay tuned to the blog!
You can experience all of the insights that I mentioned earlier and dont you want to know the Truth with a capital T? This reason alone should be enough to inspire you to practice spirituality.
If you dont value truth and curiosity super highly there are still a laundry list of benefits that you can experience from practicing spirituality and attaining spiritual enlightenment.
How about now, feeling more inspired? I should ask you this, why would you not strive for spiritual enlightenment?
I mean what the fuck is so important or more important than experiencing all of the benefits I listed and living an extraordinary life?
What the fuck is more important than living an indescribably profound life and experiencing the ultimate TRUTH?
Yes, unless you are suffering from a severe mental condition spiritual enlightenment is possible for pretty much anyone who truly wants it and puts in the work.
Now are you going to attain spiritual enlightenment? I would confidently bet that you are not going to attain spiritual enlightenment.
Here is the thing, spiritual enlightenment is so difficult to achieve because you have to dissolve your ego (identity).
Do you understand the significance of this? You literally have to kill yourself, or rather your fake self and the you that you falsely think you are.
You are probably going to be to scared and too selfish to start practicing spirituality with the goal to kill your ego, otherwise known as ego death.
If you dont start practicing spirituality because you dont want to reach spiritual enlightenment, I dont blame you. It is so rare that I would guess the number of fully enlightened humans on planet earth is probably anywhere from a few hundred to a couple thousand at most.
Nevertheless, it is possible to attain if you want it strongly enough.
Spiritual enlightenment is spiritual awakening, you have to wake up from many many years of of being asleep.
Unwiring your entire framework is no easy task. Even when you think you are finally experiencing spiritual awakening, you will experience a strong ego backlash.
Your ego is like the villain in all the horror films, just when you think you killed it, it comes back stronger than ever. You will experience this many times, until one day you killed your ego for good.
To achieve permanent enlightenment it will probably take you a couple decadesif you are lucky. Probably more like 30 to 40 years, if you achieve it at all.
Dont get freaked out by how long it takes to attain spiritual enlightenment!
You dont have to attain it permanently, you can actually experience multiple temporary yet powerful enlightenment experiences that will benefit you tremendously and completely transform your life.
You can achieve a temporary enlightenment experience and temporarily experience ego death, relatively quickly. Anywhere between 3 months to 2 years, depending on how hard you work for it.
Also, there is a quick hack that can give you an enlightenment experience almost instantly. This can be achieved with powerful psychedelic substances, however I dont recommend using psychedelics unless you already have been seriously practicing spirituality and in the right state of mind to use psychedelics as a tool to speed up your progress.
I will talk about psychedelics in great dept in a future post.
I have an interesting fact for you, did you know that just about all mainstream religions were created because of a few enlightened individuals attempted to teach and spread spirituality and spiritual enlightenment to the masses?
Many of the founders and important figures of mainstream religions were simply enlightened human beings with the intention of spreading the profound truths and insights that come with spiritual enlightenment.
For example, Jesus Christ was a very enlightened person and his quotes demonstrate this, lets check some of them out.
I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Jesus was saying that worldly possessions distract us from reaching spiritual enlightenment as it only feeds the ego and strengthens it. Spiritual enlightenment leads to heaven due to no more suffering. Heaven is symbolic for a blissful life, which is attained once suffering is eradicated through spirituality.
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Jesus is enlightened and therefore he is the son of the father (consciousness), and with this quote he is saying that you can reach his level of enlightenment, but in order to do so you must treat everyone/everything equally.
Little children, you are from God, and have conquered them; for the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in this world.
Do you understand the profundity of this quote? He clearly stated that there are 2 yous. The fake self and the one your currently believe you are, a human brain in a physical reality, and the true you which is consciousness from which the world (existence) stems from.
I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
This statement is Jesus stating that he has reached the truth therefore he became the truth, and that the only way you can reach spiritual awakening is by
The quotes above are just a small sample of insights from 1 enlightened sage. Do some research and you will find many thousands of examples from many sages throughout history.
You see, the problem is that it is so difficult to communicate the incommunicable (spiritual enlightenment), that the masses formed religions out of these teachings, wrongly spreading dogma and therefore corrupting the teachings and insights from sages/mystics of the past.
Also, note that was even harder to communicate spirituality in ancient times as society was much less nuanced.
Remember when I said the map is not the territory? What went wrong with just about every mainstream religion is that they are claiming that the map is the territory.
Words are the map and religions expect you to experience the truth that is God or Consciousness simply by accepting the map as the truth.
I saw a video on spiritual enlightenment where this guy summed it up beautifully with a statement that went like this, Atheists dont believe in the OH MY GOD, religious folks believe in the OH MY GOD, and spiritually enlightened folks actually experienced the OH MY GOD.
The same goes for everything that I am telling you here, dont take my words as truth! I am just trying to get you inspired enough to practice spirituality so that you eventually experience the OH MY GOD.
Also, another reason that spiritual enlightenment isnt mainstream is that when people become enlightened/awake they dont tend to have the motivation to teach, which tends to dissolve once the ego dissolves.
Just because spiritual enlightenment isnt taken seriously in modern society doesnt mean it wont in the future.
While civilization is still in the dark ages consciously, I believe that we as a civilization will awake in the future.
My beliefs aside, there are two ultimate fates for civilization. We either will become collectively enlightened and live a happy and prosperous existence, or we never reach enlightenment which will lead to more suffering and eventually civilization perishing from existence.
I can only hope that you take me seriously because I want you to take your personal development seriously.
You should take living an extraordinary and profound life seriously.
To reach the highest levels of life you are going to have to self-actualize and to do that you have to seek and learn lifes deepest truths and insights, which is done not through dogmatic thinking and scientific thinking. It is done through increasing your consciousness, duh consciousness is all there is!
I feel like I can really help you out if you decide to embark on this journey.
I have been actively practicing consciousness work/spirituality for the last 3 years.
There is an important point I need to make clear, I have not attained spiritual enlightenment, however I have experienced it twice, briefly.
My temporary enlightenment experiences only lasted about 10 hours combined, but those where the 10 most shockingly beautiful, blissful, and profound hours I have ever experienced. Words can never and will never explain the beauty of these mystical experiences.
Go here to see the original:
- Spiritual Enlightenment: What It Is and How to Experience It - November 10th, 2020
- 5 Things You Should Know About Spiritual Enlightenment ... - November 10th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Truths & Paths | Live and Dare - November 10th, 2020
- The 3 Stages Of Spiritual Enlightenment : In5D - November 10th, 2020
- What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? - November 10th, 2020
- Is there a spiritual side to dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic? - RTE.ie - November 10th, 2020
- National Trust observes Divali with educational presentations - Loop News Trinidad and Tobago - November 10th, 2020
- The Wanteds Tom Parker and wife Kelsey say newborn son is light at the end of our tunnel after brain cance - The Sun - November 10th, 2020
- The best response to Islamism is Christianity - Spectator.co.uk - November 10th, 2020
- Astrology 2020: Message of the Day (November 8) - Newsroompost - November 10th, 2020
- Huge chalk art project brings positivity to street on the Outer Banks - OBXToday.com - November 10th, 2020
- The birth of modern Europe - The News International - November 10th, 2020
- NLE Choppa Dated A 46-Year-Old Woman When He Was 16 - HotNewHipHop - November 10th, 2020
- Roy Exum: We Need God's Help - The Chattanoogan - November 10th, 2020
- Faith and Governance: The Role of the Church in Social Justice - THISDAY Newspapers - November 10th, 2020
- When Raving Was Radical - The Nation - November 10th, 2020
- Navigating the Mind: What Medication Cannot Address - James Moore - November 10th, 2020
- No Man's Sky: 10 Things You Didnt Know About The Korvax - TheGamer - November 10th, 2020
- It's Not That Detroit Is Too Poor, But That Seattle Is Too Rich - TheStranger.com - October 19th, 2020
- Eye Gazing Exercise: Possible Benefits and How to Try It - Healthline - October 19th, 2020
- Batman: Bruce Wayne Has The Same Origin Story as The Buddha - Screen Rant - October 19th, 2020
- Fiction: Into the Darkness With Don DeLillo - Wall Street Journal - October 19th, 2020
- Rabbi Art Green (still) believes Hasidic ideas are key to the Jewish future - The Jewish News of Northern California - October 19th, 2020
- Alan Arkin on Hollywood success: 'I was miserable pretty much all of the time' - The Guardian - October 19th, 2020
- The joy of the Mallorcan landscape - Majorca Daily Bulletin - October 19th, 2020
- Sudbury author explores the power of healing - The Sudbury Star - October 19th, 2020
- The Revolutionary Beethoven - CounterPunch.org - CounterPunch - October 19th, 2020
- Exercising Religion and Taming Faction - Los Angeles Review of Books - lareviewofbooks - October 19th, 2020
- Op-Ed: The civil rights legend who opposed critical race theory - The Center Square - October 19th, 2020
- Chant of the Buddha - Part II - Outlook India - September 26th, 2020
- Tantra exhibition review: An enjoyable journey on the road to enlightenment - Evening Standard - September 26th, 2020
- The Revolutionary Beethoven - Dissent - September 26th, 2020
- Review: Capital in the 21st Century - Camden New Journal newspapers website - September 26th, 2020
- Finding God: Christianity and the Global Mystical Societies - THISDAY Newspapers - September 26th, 2020
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Used This Parenting Technique That Inspired Jaden and Willow To Be Unusually Close - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - September 26th, 2020
- The art of tantra: is there more to it than marathon sex and massages? - The Guardian - September 26th, 2020
- Saying goodbye to the Israeli one-state prophet - +972 Magazine - September 26th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment - How To Become Enlightened - August 10th, 2020
- SERMONETTE: Seek the Holy Spirit and hold on! - Crow River Media - August 10th, 2020
- What Is Spiritual Bypassing? 7 Steps To Avoiding Toxic Spirituality - YourTango - August 10th, 2020
- Will Tammy Duckworth be the first deist veep since Thomas Jefferson? - Religion News Service - August 10th, 2020
- Jamila Woods' "SULA (Paperback)" and Creative Ancestry and Self-Love in the Age of "List" Activism - PopMatters - August 10th, 2020
- Creation, conscience and the bomb | Earthbeat - National Catholic Reporter - August 10th, 2020
- DREAMS OF WALDEN POND: The Way of Liberal Religion - Patheos - August 10th, 2020
- Let's Show Power! Rev Abbeam Danso and Apostle Nkum challenge The Mystic Twins to open battle - GhanaWeb - August 10th, 2020
- Jacob S. Rugh: An open letter to the BYU Committee on Race, Equity, and Belonging - Salt Lake Tribune - August 10th, 2020
- Your Weekly Horoscope News: August 10th - August 17th - Sporteluxe - August 10th, 2020
- #482 Author and Intuitive Michael McAdams and His Book, An Angel Told Me So - BlogTalkRadio - August 8th, 2020
- Hinduism Survived Years Of Raids Through Its Inclusiveness, Not Violence And Bloodshed - Outlook India - August 8th, 2020
- A rebuttal to Sam George's mid-length propaganda: "The path to enlightenment ain't easy. We get it through trial, struggle, self-flagellation.... - August 8th, 2020
- Dimension of Krishna Sadhana - The New Indian Express - August 8th, 2020
- Why Bodh Gaya is Considered the Navel of the Earth - Ancient Origins - August 8th, 2020
- 6 Facts About Water Lilies That Will Make You Love Them Even More - MSN Money - August 8th, 2020
- Satan in the Times | John Mark N. Reynolds - Patheos - August 8th, 2020
- How To Meditate, Body Scan, Breathe Mindfully And Become More Present - elle.com - August 8th, 2020
- When panic disorder hits a nation - The Star Online - August 8th, 2020
- World Teacher and Happy Science Founder Ryuho Okawa Introduces Four Principles of Happiness that Transcends Race and Religion in His New Book... - August 8th, 2020
- ARTIST: Zachary Ian Garden featured in The Art of Tattooists - The News Herald - August 7th, 2020
- Honey I Joined A Cult Coming To Brainwash PCs in 2021 - GameSpace.com - August 7th, 2020
- Pick of the Podcasts: Guru, Calm Down Dear, Give Me Some Good News - The Sunday Post - August 7th, 2020
- Excerpt: From the Translators Note to Rumi; A New Collection Selected and Translated by Farrukh Dh... - Hindustan Times - August 6th, 2020
- 'History will judge us' Have progressive UK rabbis reached end of the road on Israel? - Mondoweiss - August 6th, 2020
- Chulayarnnon Siriphol on Finding Ways to Express Opinions - Ocula Magazine - August 6th, 2020
- Speech and Slavery in the West Indies | by Fara Dabhoiwala - The New York Review of Books - August 6th, 2020
- Power of 5am thoughts - The New Indian Express - August 4th, 2020
- India is a spiritual country, but we're still not taking the wealth of the Bhagavad Gita: Vedanta scholar Jaya Row - The New Indian Express - August 4th, 2020
- The Sacrifice of All Doubts - Kashmir Reader - August 4th, 2020
- View the awe-inspiring Hermitage of St. Sava - Aleteia IT - August 4th, 2020
- A Suitable Boy: Seven films to watch that are set in India - Spectator.co.uk - August 3rd, 2020
- Chingy wants to uplift with self-reflective new album, 'Crown Jewel' - STLtoday.com - August 3rd, 2020
- Feds sprayed chemicals into the eyes of a retired ER nurse and veteran - Street Roots News - August 3rd, 2020
- The American Founding vindicated against its foes on the Right and Left - MercatorNet - August 3rd, 2020
- Lam Tian Xings Anthem of the Calamus is an ode to Hong Kongs resilient spirit - Lifestyle Asia - August 3rd, 2020
- Asking the Clergy: Why is patience a virtue in difficult times? - Newsday - July 31st, 2020
- El Topo: The weirdest western ever made - BBC News - July 29th, 2020
- Lam Tian-xings Anthem of the Calamus is an ode to Hong Kongs resilient spirit - Lifestyle Asia - July 29th, 2020
- Corruption, the Devaluation of the Human Spirit and the Futures of Black Humanity (2) - The News - July 29th, 2020
- 'It took genius to chisel these buttocks' the top 10 bottoms in art, chosen by our critic - The Guardian - July 29th, 2020
- Hippy In the Mikvah - Lubavitch.com - July 29th, 2020
- Author Louis Belmont announces new article series on the Spirituality Industry - PR Web - July 27th, 2020