It was a sea of humanity that was witnessed at Dera Baba Nanak on Sunday. With the 'Dera Baba Nanak Utsav' entering its penultimate day, the festivities seem to be picking up the pace.
The festivities on Sunday had an added attractive feature in the form of a Cavalcade of Universal Oneness which travelled from Dera Baba Nanak to the international border with Pakistan from where the Corridor has been constructed connecting the historic town of Dera Baba Nanak with Gurudwara Kartarpur Sahib in Narowal district, Pakistan.
A Spokesperson said that the cavalcade presented a true picture of the communal harmony and the participating children of various schools seemed to have been imbued with the spirit of unity in diversity.
The State Cooperation and Jails Minister Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa also welcomed the cavalcade on its way back and interacted with the students dressed in colourful costumes. He called them the cultural ambassadors of Punjab.
The highlight of the cavalcade was the Malwai Giddha which further added to the colourful atmosphere.
The Minister expressed confidence that the corridor would spell economic boom for the region and would be instrumental in generating job avenues for the youth. He also reiterated the need to create more infrastructure in the region as it would be necessary to tap the potential of the area.
Meanwhile, the digital museum, light and sound show, being held as a part of the Dera Baba Nanak Utsav on Sunday entered its second day.
The show, inaugurated by the Minister Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa, is being held at the Dana Mandi witnessed an unprecedented gathering of the people which thronged the venue in droves. The ultramodern technology coupled with laser systems further added to the spiritual atmosphere.
The people who came to see the show said that the philosophy of Guru Nanak Dev, based on human values, was aptly showcased through visual presentation and advanced laser techniques by the creative sound track. Randhawa said that the show emphasizes philosophy of Guru Nanak Dev based on universal brotherhood, social equality and saving environment.
Shah to pay obeisance at Sultanpur Lodhi gurdwara on Monday
Union Home Minister Amit Shah will pay obeisance at the historic Ber Sahib Gurdwara in Punjab's Sultanpur Lodhi town on Monday to mark the 500th birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Nanak Dev, on November 12.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur will also visit the shrine on Monday.
Shah's visit will follow Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to the Gurdwara Ber Sahib in Sultanpur Lodhi on Saturday. Modi after praying at the Gurdwara headed for Dera Baba Nanak to flag off the first lot of pilgrims to Kartarpur Sahib Gurdwara in Pakistan's Punjab province.
It is in Sultanpur Lodhi that Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhism, gained enlightenment towards the end of the 15th century.
Ahead of the historic inauguration of the Kartarpur Sahib corridor, Shah had tweeted that the "Kartarpur Sahib Corridor is a historic achievement that generations of devotees will remember and it will find special mention in the annals of history".
Praising the Centre, Shah said it reflected the Modi Government's commitment towards preserving the rich heritage and universalising the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev.
- MusicWatch Monthly: Send the fool further - Oregon ArtsWatch - April 2nd, 2020
- ALL WE HAVE IS NOW. THE POWER OF NOW BY ECKHART TOLLE. - Thrive Global - April 2nd, 2020
- 5 Buddhist teachings that can help you deal with coronavirus anxiety - Midland Daily News - April 2nd, 2020
- Cosmodeism: Prologue to a Theology of Transhumanism - Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies - April 2nd, 2020
- 5 POPULAR PLACES IN THE WORLD WHERE PEOPLE PRACTICE CANNIBALISM - Pulse Nigeria - April 2nd, 2020
- Inside the May 2020 issue of Lion's Roar magazine - Lion's Roar - April 2nd, 2020
- Sampa the Great makes uplifting spiritual soul on The Return - Chicago Reader - April 2nd, 2020
- Searching for the Lost Horizon of Shangri-La - HowStuffWorks - April 2nd, 2020
- Great TV shows that were canceled way too soon - TieBreaker - April 2nd, 2020
- Commentary: Will there be Easter? - The San Diego Union-Tribune - April 2nd, 2020
- The Emerging Right-Wing Vision of Constitutional Authoritarianism - The New Republic - April 2nd, 2020
- How the Ice Cube Lost Its Mystery - News Parliament - April 2nd, 2020
- Positive thinking modeOpinion - Guardian - April 2nd, 2020
- Is the God of Love also the God of Suffering? - Patheos - April 2nd, 2020
- Born To Rule: Sovereignty in International Law - Modern Diplomacy - April 2nd, 2020
- What Are Guardian Angels and How Can I Connect With Mine? - Beliefnet - April 2nd, 2020
- Why has God forsaken humanity in the time of the Coronavirus Pandemic? - Asian Tribune - April 2nd, 2020
- From Acquiescence to Rebellion - Jacobin magazine - April 2nd, 2020
- ALL WE HAVE IS NOW. THE POWER OF NOW BY ECKHART TOLLE. - Thrive Global - March 31st, 2020
- The Tarot Card Collection by Sofia Zakia for Inner Enlightenment - JCK - March 31st, 2020
- Sampa the Great makes uplifting spiritual soul on The Return - Chicago Reader - March 31st, 2020
- Is the God of Love also the God of Suffering? - Patheos - March 31st, 2020
- Apocalypse Now and Not Yet: N. T. Wright's Recovery of the Apocalyptic Imagination - Patheos - March 31st, 2020
- Illness as imagination - Times of India - March 31st, 2020
- Color Therapy: Yellow - vmagazine.com - March 31st, 2020
- What Are Guardian Angels and How Can I Connect With Mine? - Beliefnet - March 31st, 2020
- Model Angela Martini: Here Is How To Survive And Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person - Thrive Global - March 31st, 2020
- Chant these Shanti Mantras for universal peace and wellness - Times Now - March 31st, 2020
- Feast of the Passover - THISDAY Newspapers - March 31st, 2020
- A big bookmark in our lives: York County Libraries are here for you with eBooks - York Daily Record - March 31st, 2020
- Frank Oceans Monks & the Fantasy of Worship - DJBooth - March 31st, 2020
- Opinion: Coronavirus is the greatest challenge we've faced in generations. Altruism is how to overcome it - The Globe and Mail - March 31st, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment: What It Is and How to Experience It - March 16th, 2020
- 5 Things You Should Know About Spiritual Enlightenment ... - March 16th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Truths & Paths | Live and Dare - March 16th, 2020
- What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? - March 16th, 2020
- Agnes Pelton Joins the Underappreciated Female Artists Finally Getting Their Due With a Major New Show at the Whitney - Vogue - March 16th, 2020
- Jefferson Hack: The Beauty and Violence of Willy Vanderperre's Photography - AnOther Magazine - March 16th, 2020
- We Need to Resacralize the World - lareviewofbooks - March 16th, 2020
- Agnes Pelton Went to the Desert in Search of Solace. Her Paintings at the Whitney Show She Found Something Magical There - artnet News - March 16th, 2020
- Opinion: General Buratai in the eyes of the people by Abe Kolawole - Latest News in Nigeria & Breaking Naija News 24/7 | LEGIT.NG - March 16th, 2020
- How Rishikesh Became the Capital of Yoga Worldwide - Communal News - March 16th, 2020
- Digital Wisdom in the Time of Coronavirus Disease 2019 - Patheos - March 16th, 2020
- Reflections for the III Sunday of Lent - Vatican News - March 16th, 2020
- Black business and superstition - Bulawayo24 News - March 16th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment | Enlightened Beings - March 13th, 2020
- The 3 Stages Of Spiritual Enlightenment : In5D - March 13th, 2020
- Where Is Our World Heading? - Chapter 29 of Positivity Bias - Chabad.org - March 13th, 2020
- Altered perspectives: The 'interactive' Okinawan garden - The Japan Times - March 13th, 2020
- The Haunted California Idyll of German Writers in Exile - The New Yorker - March 13th, 2020
- 5 Themes of Nietzsche That You Can Apply to Your Life - Study Breaks - March 4th, 2020
- Author Shares Personal Journey to Spiritual Awakening, Teaches Readers How to Lift the Veil of Universal Truths in New Book - Yahoo Finance - March 4th, 2020
- Patrick Swayze's 10 Best Movies According to IMDb | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - March 4th, 2020
- Leap Year 2020 horoscope: The spiritual significance of February 29 - Express - March 4th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Sultan of Sokoto goes spiritual, tells Imams action to take - Daily Post Nigeria - March 4th, 2020
- Thousands of Grassroots Religious Freedom Advocates Submit Comments to Urge D.C. Commission on Judicial Disabilities and Tenure Not to Reappoint Judge... - March 4th, 2020
- Asking the Clergy: Important women in your faith tradition - Newsday - March 4th, 2020
- Who Knew? The Bible Really IS On Broadway - Times Daily - March 4th, 2020
- The Joy of Fran - The Cut - March 4th, 2020
- Preserving the art of Kathak - Independent Online - March 4th, 2020
- Brahmarishi Guruvanand on three-day visit to Fiji - Indian NewsLink - March 4th, 2020
- Shannon Cartier Lucy's 7-book guide to turning pain into positive growth - Document Journal - March 4th, 2020
- What's Life All About Anyway? - Thrive Global - March 4th, 2020
- Alex Garland builds a meticulous thriller within the restrained, overstuffed Devs - BingePost - March 4th, 2020
- THE BIRTH OF GOD And What It Can Mean for Us - Patheos - March 4th, 2020
- The non-linearity of modern spirituality/the changing language of self-help: a conversation with Gabi Abro - The Stony Brook Press - February 29th, 2020
- Protecting Mangar Bani: Theres A Need To Empower Local Community To Save Sacred Grove - Outlook India - February 29th, 2020
- Schammasch: Aleister Crowley and the destructive yet divine nature of creation - Louder - February 29th, 2020
- Roy Exum: AG Barr: What Has Happened To Us? - The Chattanoogan - February 29th, 2020
- Have You Accepted the Free Market as Your Personal Savior? - The Bulwark - February 29th, 2020
- From your frequency to another -- how do the laws of attraction work? - Free Press Journal - February 29th, 2020
- Raining in the Mountain - film review - Louder Than War - February 24th, 2020
- Getting the most out of Lent - Arlington Catholic Herald - February 24th, 2020
- A Tribute to Andrew Weatherall - The Mancunion - February 24th, 2020
- I toured a religious commune in Italy, and all I got was spiritual existentialism The Review - University of Delaware Review - February 24th, 2020
- Grant to help Dartmouth museum, libraries better explore knowledge of indigenous peoples - The Union Leader - February 24th, 2020
- The fight to preserve a 44,000-year-old painting | 1843 - The Economist 1843 - February 24th, 2020
- Prayer Walk: An Excerpt From '50 Ways To Pray' - Patheos - February 24th, 2020
- Religion is a Repeating Chapter in the History of Politics - CounterPunch - February 24th, 2020
- Lili Reinhart Claims Luke Perrys Spirit Visited Her Last Night! - The Digital Weekly - February 24th, 2020