It was a sea of humanity that was witnessed at Dera Baba Nanak on Sunday. With the 'Dera Baba Nanak Utsav' entering its penultimate day, the festivities seem to be picking up the pace.
The festivities on Sunday had an added attractive feature in the form of a Cavalcade of Universal Oneness which travelled from Dera Baba Nanak to the international border with Pakistan from where the Corridor has been constructed connecting the historic town of Dera Baba Nanak with Gurudwara Kartarpur Sahib in Narowal district, Pakistan.
A Spokesperson said that the cavalcade presented a true picture of the communal harmony and the participating children of various schools seemed to have been imbued with the spirit of unity in diversity.
The State Cooperation and Jails Minister Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa also welcomed the cavalcade on its way back and interacted with the students dressed in colourful costumes. He called them the cultural ambassadors of Punjab.
The highlight of the cavalcade was the Malwai Giddha which further added to the colourful atmosphere.
The Minister expressed confidence that the corridor would spell economic boom for the region and would be instrumental in generating job avenues for the youth. He also reiterated the need to create more infrastructure in the region as it would be necessary to tap the potential of the area.
Meanwhile, the digital museum, light and sound show, being held as a part of the Dera Baba Nanak Utsav on Sunday entered its second day.
The show, inaugurated by the Minister Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa, is being held at the Dana Mandi witnessed an unprecedented gathering of the people which thronged the venue in droves. The ultramodern technology coupled with laser systems further added to the spiritual atmosphere.
The people who came to see the show said that the philosophy of Guru Nanak Dev, based on human values, was aptly showcased through visual presentation and advanced laser techniques by the creative sound track. Randhawa said that the show emphasizes philosophy of Guru Nanak Dev based on universal brotherhood, social equality and saving environment.
Shah to pay obeisance at Sultanpur Lodhi gurdwara on Monday
Union Home Minister Amit Shah will pay obeisance at the historic Ber Sahib Gurdwara in Punjab's Sultanpur Lodhi town on Monday to mark the 500th birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Nanak Dev, on November 12.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur will also visit the shrine on Monday.
Shah's visit will follow Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to the Gurdwara Ber Sahib in Sultanpur Lodhi on Saturday. Modi after praying at the Gurdwara headed for Dera Baba Nanak to flag off the first lot of pilgrims to Kartarpur Sahib Gurdwara in Pakistan's Punjab province.
It is in Sultanpur Lodhi that Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhism, gained enlightenment towards the end of the 15th century.
Ahead of the historic inauguration of the Kartarpur Sahib corridor, Shah had tweeted that the "Kartarpur Sahib Corridor is a historic achievement that generations of devotees will remember and it will find special mention in the annals of history".
Praising the Centre, Shah said it reflected the Modi Government's commitment towards preserving the rich heritage and universalising the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev.
- Spiritual Enlightenment - How To Become Enlightened - February 20th, 2020
- 5 Things You Should Know About Spiritual Enlightenment ... - February 20th, 2020
- The 3 Stages Of Spiritual Enlightenment : In5D - February 20th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment - The Most Profound Truth Revealed ... - February 20th, 2020
- A Tribute to Andrew Weatherall - The Mancunion - February 20th, 2020
- The fight to preserve a 44,000-year-old painting | 1843 - The Economist 1843 - February 20th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment | RuneScape Wiki | Fandom - February 20th, 2020
- Religion can be manipulated to control others - Miami County Republic - February 20th, 2020
- Prayer Walk: An Excerpt From '50 Ways To Pray' - Patheos - February 20th, 2020
- Lili Reinhart Claims Luke Perrys Spirit Visited Her Last Night! - The Digital Weekly - February 20th, 2020
- The Power of Your Thoughts and Spoken Words (part I and 2) by Steve Robertson - Veterans News Report - February 20th, 2020
- Ashkenazim and the Sephardic Pronunciation of Hebrew - Jewish Link of New Jersey - February 20th, 2020
- Religion is a Repeating Chapter in the History of Politics - CounterPunch - February 20th, 2020
- Profiting from the Prophet - Reaction - February 20th, 2020
- Ramakrishna Paramahansas Birth Anniversary: Interesting Facts About the Indian Mystic - News18 - February 20th, 2020
- 32nd Anniversary: FRSC Offers Free Medical Outreach to Motorists in Bauchi - THISDAY Newspapers - February 20th, 2020
- Convention of 'Christian Witches' to Gather In Salem on Easter Sunday - Breaking Israel News - February 20th, 2020
- Why Bodhisattvas Need to Disrupt the Status Quo - Lion's Roar - February 20th, 2020
- Robert Anton Wilson's daughter Christina on the new edition of her father's book, Ishtar Rising - Boing Boing - February 20th, 2020
- What My Epilepsy Taught Me About the Value of Time - The New York Times - February 20th, 2020
- Ram Dass, who sought enlightenment through LSD and became spiritual leader, dead at 88 - San Francisco Chronicle - December 27th, 2019
- An Artist Shares Her Most Striking Images of the Decade - The New York Times - December 27th, 2019
- Kung Fu Nuns in Nepal boost their health in the fight for women's rights - KAKE - December 27th, 2019
- Pay-What-You-Can Russian House #1 in Jenner Is One of Californias Most Eccentric Restaurants - Eater SF - December 27th, 2019
- Kanye West plans to evangelize Americas youth with music: No weapon formed against me shall prosper - The Christian Post - November 19th, 2019
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Baby of the House - Vulture - November 19th, 2019
- Who Was the Buddha? - Lion's Roar - November 19th, 2019
- MOVIE REVIEW: Scorsese, De Niro and Pesci at their best in 'The Irishman' - Gwinnettdailypost.com - November 19th, 2019
- The Funeral Traditions of Different Culture and Religion - Agence de presse D.I.A. - November 19th, 2019
- Children in Need events across Gwent - South Wales Argus - November 19th, 2019
- With Kartarpur, Pakistan says: Our arms are always open for you whenever you visit - Gulf News - November 19th, 2019
- The Rights Judeo-Christian Fixation - The New Republic - November 19th, 2019
- The World-Soul, Natura and Mother Earth - Patheos - November 19th, 2019
- Seattle City Council election results set the stage for transformative change - Real Change News - November 19th, 2019
- Dispatches #2 and #3 from Doc NYC: Mr. Toilet: The World's #2 Man and We Believe in Dinosaurs - Bright Lights Film Journal - November 19th, 2019
- Lights of Faith: Candles Keep Vigil, Become Votive Offerings - National Catholic Register - November 19th, 2019
- Meaningful Conversations: Spiritual But Not Religious? - UAFS News - November 11th, 2019
- Kanye Wests Sunday Service at the Forum 11/10 - mxdwn.com - November 11th, 2019
- Guiding Light: Back to the Heart - Free Press Journal - November 11th, 2019
- Federal judge halts Texas execution of Patrick Murphy - The Texas Tribune - November 11th, 2019
- 11.11 Wish And Its Meaning: Why is The Time 11:11 So Auspicious Numerologically? Does 11/11 Wish Come True - LatestLY - November 11th, 2019
- Nine German artists talk about their work for season II of bangaloREsidency 2019 - The Hindu - November 11th, 2019
- Meet the Kung Fu Nuns of Nepal - The New York Times - November 11th, 2019
- Is coffee the new alcohol? - Oaklandpostonline - November 11th, 2019
- The Spec-Ops Guys Behind The App Transforming Military Fitness - menshealth.com - November 11th, 2019
- The Cold War between the Medium and the Message: Western Modernism vs. Socialist Realism - Journal #104 November 2019 - E-Flux - November 11th, 2019
- 1 dead, 1 hospitalized after gunmen shot both in the back of the head during apparent robbery - Texas Breaking News - November 11th, 2019
- 10 Bizarre Festivals in Asia You Need to Experience | TheTravel - TheTravel - October 24th, 2019
- President has first ever smart thought; calls for own impeachment - Los Angeles Loyolan - October 24th, 2019
- Hey, John MacArthur. You have a culture. It's called white (Christian) patriarchy. - Patheos - October 24th, 2019
- Tagore and Caste - The Statesman - October 24th, 2019
- One Cure for Malnutrition of the Soul - The New York Times - October 24th, 2019
- 'The Irony of Modern Catholic History: How the Church Rediscovered Itself & Challenged the Modern World to Reform' Book Review - National Review - October 24th, 2019
- Who is Kalki Bhagwan Who Once Predicted Death of Organised Religions and Now Faces I-T Heat? - News18 - October 24th, 2019
- Astrology in the Age of Uncertainty - The New Yorker - October 24th, 2019
- 'To Particularize is the Alone Distinction of Merit': Blake's Visionary Imagination - The New York Review of Books - October 24th, 2019
- The Great Flood and What It Tells Us - The Epoch Times - October 24th, 2019
- How Africans held off German colonialists with spears and arrows for two years during the Maji Maji rebellion - Face2Face Africa - October 24th, 2019
- The Eurozone Civil War Has Several Bay Of PIGS Moments - Seeking Alpha - October 24th, 2019
- Meditation is a potent stress reliever and more - CapeGazette.com - October 24th, 2019
- Marianne Williamson and the religion of "spirituality" - Salon - October 15th, 2019
- Evolution of the guru principle - Economic Times - October 15th, 2019
- Is Vanda Boone's Murder Connected To Nancy Moyer's Disappearance? | Searching For - Oxygen - October 15th, 2019
- What's all the buzz about? Montreal woman seeks to demystify ayahuasca - Montreal Gazette - October 15th, 2019
- The age of distraction | Opinion - Plattsburgh Press Republican - October 15th, 2019
- Rescue changed the lives of firefighter and victim in aftermath of Loma Prieta - San Francisco Chronicle - October 15th, 2019
- Hogarth: Place and Progress - ArtLyst - October 15th, 2019
- 4 Reasons Why Chat-based Learning Can Be a Solution To India's Mass Education Challenges - Entrepreneur - October 15th, 2019
- New opportunities for integration and cooperation: Op-ed - Hurriyet Daily News - October 15th, 2019
- Walking the path of the buddha in a neglected corner of India - GQ India - October 15th, 2019
- Non-Violence Is Not the Be-All and End-All of Buddhas Revolutionary Teachings - The Wire - October 15th, 2019
- The philosophy of the Joker - Fabius Maximus website - October 15th, 2019
- Succession Composer Nicholas Britell Talks Creating the Flava That Was Kendalls Rap - IndieWire - October 15th, 2019
- How to Use Tarot Cards as a Spiritual Guide to Everyday Life - Study Breaks - October 5th, 2019
- Clearly, Fans Thinks Demi Lovatos Heartless Apology Letter Is Just For Sake. Blasting Over A Free T ... - The Inner Sane - October 5th, 2019
- 'I put my head in the guillotine for Osho and I would do it again Why can't I be myself? Why do I have to be enlightened?' - Times of India - October 5th, 2019
- The indefatigable Gandhian Subba Rao: Meeting the Mahatma and other encounters of a lifetime - Times Now - October 5th, 2019
- The Carnatic blues of Ross Hammond and Jay Nair - Berkeleyside - October 5th, 2019
- Hospice of Santa Barbara Honors Its Heroes And Raises $178000 - Noozhawk - October 5th, 2019
- The Eclectic Sheldon Theatre is the Jewel-Box of Red Wing - Music in Minnesota - October 5th, 2019