Season II of the bangaloREsidency 2019 kicked off recently with nine artists from Germany. They will live and work in collaboration with six of the 28 bangaloREsidency hosts for four to eight weeks.
In that regard, Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Bengaluru played host to the artistes involved in different art forms visual, performance , and olfactory art as they gave short presentations on their work so far and their focus during their residency here.
The evening started with photographer Flo Maak, bangaloREsident at Pepper House. Around 2008, Flo became interested in animals, human-animal relationships and what has been called naturecultures - the intertwined relationships of nature and culture. He will explore the narratives connecting microbes, ships, humans and animals through exchange with diverse experts and practitioners in Kochi.
Nadin Reschke, bangaloREsident at 1 Shanthi Road, will explore the city and the changes affecting peoples lives through fabric and textiles. In one of her works So Far, So Good she travelled with a tent for 18 months through 14 countries. Constructed in the dimensions of ones personal space, the tent had different meanings in different spaces. It became a polling station in Mumbai and a radio studio in Australia.
I am here to offer my womb to carry your child as a surrogate mother, said Magdalena Emmerig. I am here to propose my eggs to you in case you have trouble getting pregnant, said Yana Thnnes. They formed The Agency, which creates immersive theatre performances.
They are now in India, to research on a topic that they would like to deal with it in a future production in 2020. We are interested in surrogacy as an ambivalence phenomenon, says Magdalena. Yana added, We took an entry point from the perspective of Westerners travelling to India for spiritual tourism. But actually in surrogacy, the project of spiritual enlightenment has been replaced by the project of having a baby.
In Bengaluru, The Agency will aim to create a performance in collaboration with theatreperson Deepika Arwind and Sandbox Collective.
Lauryn Mannigel, bangaloREsident at Srishti Institute, focuses on the social and emotional implications of human body scents. Stating that she creates performance-based experiments, she said that she draws from laboratory studies, neuroscience and psychology that explore olfactory perceptions.
Here, she intends to get open conversations about the perceptions of body scents, Lauryn said the project will provide participants an opportunity to explore their olfactory judgement of new and existing friendships and also enable them to find new friends.
Marvin Systermans and Raisa Galofre, bangaloREsidents at Indian Institute of Human Settlements, will develop a photo series that reflects on the presence of modernity and colonialism, western and non-western societies encounters in Bengaluru. They plan to use natural and man-made materialsuch as steel and how they reveal social, environmental and cultural aspects of the city.
Talking about using the narrative characteristics of Latin American magic realism, Raisa, who was born in Colombia, said, In my photography, I embrace the opposites: the real and the fantastic, the rational and the mythical and the possible with the impossible.
The evening concluded with a presentation by STRW, comprising Lukas Ftterer and Jo Wanneng, bangaloREsidents at Indian Sonic Research Organisation. Preferring not to talk, they relied on a disembodied voice to provide explanations starting with the German word bedienen which means both to operate and to serve.
Inspired by geographically specific simple solutions to life that are constantly evolving and being optimised, especially by those that involve replicating human movement in playful, interactive ways, STRW, will develop a kinetic drum synthesiser utilising lo-fi hardware hacks and e-waste.
- Kanye West plans to evangelize Americas youth with music: No weapon formed against me shall prosper - The Christian Post - November 19th, 2019
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Baby of the House - Vulture - November 19th, 2019
- I Live in Australia, Make $74K A Year & Spent $344.20 On My Wellness Routine This Week - Refinery29 - November 19th, 2019
- Who Was the Buddha? - Lion's Roar - November 19th, 2019
- MOVIE REVIEW: Scorsese, De Niro and Pesci at their best in 'The Irishman' - Gwinnettdailypost.com - November 19th, 2019
- The Funeral Traditions of Different Culture and Religion - Agence de presse D.I.A. - November 19th, 2019
- Children in Need events across Gwent - South Wales Argus - November 19th, 2019
- With Kartarpur, Pakistan says: Our arms are always open for you whenever you visit - Gulf News - November 19th, 2019
- The Rights Judeo-Christian Fixation - The New Republic - November 19th, 2019
- The World-Soul, Natura and Mother Earth - Patheos - November 19th, 2019
- Seattle City Council election results set the stage for transformative change - Real Change News - November 19th, 2019
- Dispatches #2 and #3 from Doc NYC: Mr. Toilet: The World's #2 Man and We Believe in Dinosaurs - Bright Lights Film Journal - November 19th, 2019
- Lights of Faith: Candles Keep Vigil, Become Votive Offerings - National Catholic Register - November 19th, 2019
- Meaningful Conversations: Spiritual But Not Religious? - UAFS News - November 11th, 2019
- Kanye Wests Sunday Service at the Forum 11/10 - mxdwn.com - November 11th, 2019
- Guiding Light: Back to the Heart - Free Press Journal - November 11th, 2019
- Federal judge halts Texas execution of Patrick Murphy - The Texas Tribune - November 11th, 2019
- 11.11 Wish And Its Meaning: Why is The Time 11:11 So Auspicious Numerologically? Does 11/11 Wish Come True - LatestLY - November 11th, 2019
- Is Quieting the Mind the Ultimate Escape? I Went to Nepal to Find Out - Travel+Leisure - November 11th, 2019
- Meet the Kung Fu Nuns of Nepal - The New York Times - November 11th, 2019
- People welcome 'Cavalcade of Universal Oneness' with open arms - Daily Pioneer - November 11th, 2019
- Is coffee the new alcohol? - Oaklandpostonline - November 11th, 2019
- The Spec-Ops Guys Behind The App Transforming Military Fitness - menshealth.com - November 11th, 2019
- The Cold War between the Medium and the Message: Western Modernism vs. Socialist Realism - Journal #104 November 2019 - E-Flux - November 11th, 2019
- 1 dead, 1 hospitalized after gunmen shot both in the back of the head during apparent robbery - Texas Breaking News - November 11th, 2019
- 10 Bizarre Festivals in Asia You Need to Experience | TheTravel - TheTravel - October 24th, 2019
- President has first ever smart thought; calls for own impeachment - Los Angeles Loyolan - October 24th, 2019
- Hey, John MacArthur. You have a culture. It's called white (Christian) patriarchy. - Patheos - October 24th, 2019
- Tagore and Caste - The Statesman - October 24th, 2019
- One Cure for Malnutrition of the Soul - The New York Times - October 24th, 2019
- 'The Irony of Modern Catholic History: How the Church Rediscovered Itself & Challenged the Modern World to Reform' Book Review - National Review - October 24th, 2019
- Who is Kalki Bhagwan Who Once Predicted Death of Organised Religions and Now Faces I-T Heat? - News18 - October 24th, 2019
- Astrology in the Age of Uncertainty - The New Yorker - October 24th, 2019
- 'To Particularize is the Alone Distinction of Merit': Blake's Visionary Imagination - The New York Review of Books - October 24th, 2019
- The Great Flood and What It Tells Us - The Epoch Times - October 24th, 2019
- Neuroscience Culture and the Sins of Vaping - The American Interest - October 24th, 2019
- How Africans held off German colonialists with spears and arrows for two years during the Maji Maji rebellion - Face2Face Africa - October 24th, 2019
- The Eurozone Civil War Has Several Bay Of PIGS Moments - Seeking Alpha - October 24th, 2019
- Meditation is a potent stress reliever and more - CapeGazette.com - October 24th, 2019
- Marianne Williamson and the religion of "spirituality" - Salon - October 15th, 2019
- Evolution of the guru principle - Economic Times - October 15th, 2019
- Is Vanda Boone's Murder Connected To Nancy Moyer's Disappearance? | Searching For - Oxygen - October 15th, 2019
- What's all the buzz about? Montreal woman seeks to demystify ayahuasca - Montreal Gazette - October 15th, 2019
- The age of distraction | Opinion - Plattsburgh Press Republican - October 15th, 2019
- Why, 30 years after opening, Aman resorts are still the best in Bali - Telegraph.co.uk - October 15th, 2019
- Rescue changed the lives of firefighter and victim in aftermath of Loma Prieta - San Francisco Chronicle - October 15th, 2019
- Hogarth: Place and Progress - ArtLyst - October 15th, 2019
- 4 Reasons Why Chat-based Learning Can Be a Solution To India's Mass Education Challenges - Entrepreneur - October 15th, 2019
- New opportunities for integration and cooperation: Op-ed - Hurriyet Daily News - October 15th, 2019
- Walking the path of the buddha in a neglected corner of India - GQ India - October 15th, 2019
- Non-Violence Is Not the Be-All and End-All of Buddhas Revolutionary Teachings - The Wire - October 15th, 2019
- The philosophy of the Joker - Fabius Maximus website - October 15th, 2019
- Succession Composer Nicholas Britell Talks Creating the Flava That Was Kendalls Rap - IndieWire - October 15th, 2019
- How to Use Tarot Cards as a Spiritual Guide to Everyday Life - Study Breaks - October 5th, 2019
- Clearly, Fans Thinks Demi Lovatos Heartless Apology Letter Is Just For Sake. Blasting Over A Free T ... - The Inner Sane - October 5th, 2019
- 'I put my head in the guillotine for Osho and I would do it again Why can't I be myself? Why do I have to be enlightened?' - Times of India - October 5th, 2019
- The indefatigable Gandhian Subba Rao: Meeting the Mahatma and other encounters of a lifetime - Times Now - October 5th, 2019
- The Carnatic blues of Ross Hammond and Jay Nair - Berkeleyside - October 5th, 2019
- Hospice of Santa Barbara Honors Its Heroes And Raises $178000 - Noozhawk - October 5th, 2019
- The Eclectic Sheldon Theatre is the Jewel-Box of Red Wing - Music in Minnesota - October 5th, 2019
- Your thoughts on Cardinal Burke's vision of church, the partisan divide, parish shopping and more - National Catholic Reporter - October 5th, 2019
- Art, teaching and skills for Seekers: A conversation with author and BYU professor Anthony Sweat, author of - Deseret News - October 5th, 2019
- 'Walk in China' VR Trilogy - Animation World Network - October 5th, 2019
- 7 Signs That You Are Achieving Spiritual Enlightenment ... - June 1st, 2019
- Enlightenment (spiritual) - Wikipedia - June 1st, 2019
- What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? - June 1st, 2019
- Sedona Spiritual Inspiration & Healing | Visit Sedona - June 1st, 2019
- Center for Spiritual Enlightenment - CSE Home Page - June 1st, 2019
- atheism | Definition, Philosophy, & Comparison to ... - May 28th, 2019
- atheism r/atheism - reddit: the front page of the internet - May 28th, 2019
- Atheism | CARM.org - May 28th, 2019
- Atheism - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - May 28th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Looking Past the Bithumb Crypto Hack - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: What You Need to Know This Week - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: XRP Validators, Malta, and Practical Tokens - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: New Exchanges Could Boost Crypto Liquidity - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETF Rejection, AMD Microchip Sales, and Hedge Funds - May 25th, 2019