Season II of the bangaloREsidency 2019 kicked off recently with nine artists from Germany. They will live and work in collaboration with six of the 28 bangaloREsidency hosts for four to eight weeks.
In that regard, Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Bengaluru played host to the artistes involved in different art forms visual, performance , and olfactory art as they gave short presentations on their work so far and their focus during their residency here.
The evening started with photographer Flo Maak, bangaloREsident at Pepper House. Around 2008, Flo became interested in animals, human-animal relationships and what has been called naturecultures - the intertwined relationships of nature and culture. He will explore the narratives connecting microbes, ships, humans and animals through exchange with diverse experts and practitioners in Kochi.
Nadin Reschke, bangaloREsident at 1 Shanthi Road, will explore the city and the changes affecting peoples lives through fabric and textiles. In one of her works So Far, So Good she travelled with a tent for 18 months through 14 countries. Constructed in the dimensions of ones personal space, the tent had different meanings in different spaces. It became a polling station in Mumbai and a radio studio in Australia.
I am here to offer my womb to carry your child as a surrogate mother, said Magdalena Emmerig. I am here to propose my eggs to you in case you have trouble getting pregnant, said Yana Thnnes. They formed The Agency, which creates immersive theatre performances.
They are now in India, to research on a topic that they would like to deal with it in a future production in 2020. We are interested in surrogacy as an ambivalence phenomenon, says Magdalena. Yana added, We took an entry point from the perspective of Westerners travelling to India for spiritual tourism. But actually in surrogacy, the project of spiritual enlightenment has been replaced by the project of having a baby.
In Bengaluru, The Agency will aim to create a performance in collaboration with theatreperson Deepika Arwind and Sandbox Collective.
Lauryn Mannigel, bangaloREsident at Srishti Institute, focuses on the social and emotional implications of human body scents. Stating that she creates performance-based experiments, she said that she draws from laboratory studies, neuroscience and psychology that explore olfactory perceptions.
Here, she intends to get open conversations about the perceptions of body scents, Lauryn said the project will provide participants an opportunity to explore their olfactory judgement of new and existing friendships and also enable them to find new friends.
Marvin Systermans and Raisa Galofre, bangaloREsidents at Indian Institute of Human Settlements, will develop a photo series that reflects on the presence of modernity and colonialism, western and non-western societies encounters in Bengaluru. They plan to use natural and man-made materialsuch as steel and how they reveal social, environmental and cultural aspects of the city.
Talking about using the narrative characteristics of Latin American magic realism, Raisa, who was born in Colombia, said, In my photography, I embrace the opposites: the real and the fantastic, the rational and the mythical and the possible with the impossible.
The evening concluded with a presentation by STRW, comprising Lukas Ftterer and Jo Wanneng, bangaloREsidents at Indian Sonic Research Organisation. Preferring not to talk, they relied on a disembodied voice to provide explanations starting with the German word bedienen which means both to operate and to serve.
Inspired by geographically specific simple solutions to life that are constantly evolving and being optimised, especially by those that involve replicating human movement in playful, interactive ways, STRW, will develop a kinetic drum synthesiser utilising lo-fi hardware hacks and e-waste.
- Chant of the Buddha - Part II - Outlook India - September 26th, 2020
- Tantra exhibition review: An enjoyable journey on the road to enlightenment - Evening Standard - September 26th, 2020
- The Revolutionary Beethoven - Dissent - September 26th, 2020
- Review: Capital in the 21st Century - Camden New Journal newspapers website - September 26th, 2020
- Finding God: Christianity and the Global Mystical Societies - THISDAY Newspapers - September 26th, 2020
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Used This Parenting Technique That Inspired Jaden and Willow To Be Unusually Close - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - September 26th, 2020
- The art of tantra: is there more to it than marathon sex and massages? - The Guardian - September 26th, 2020
- Saying goodbye to the Israeli one-state prophet - +972 Magazine - September 26th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment: What It Is and How to Experience It - August 10th, 2020
- 5 Things You Should Know About Spiritual Enlightenment ... - August 10th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Truths & Paths | Live and Dare - August 10th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment - How To Become Enlightened - August 10th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment - The Most Profound Truth Revealed ... - August 10th, 2020
- What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? - August 10th, 2020
- The 3 Stages Of Spiritual Enlightenment : In5D - August 10th, 2020
- SERMONETTE: Seek the Holy Spirit and hold on! - Crow River Media - August 10th, 2020
- What Is Spiritual Bypassing? 7 Steps To Avoiding Toxic Spirituality - YourTango - August 10th, 2020
- Will Tammy Duckworth be the first deist veep since Thomas Jefferson? - Religion News Service - August 10th, 2020
- Jamila Woods' "SULA (Paperback)" and Creative Ancestry and Self-Love in the Age of "List" Activism - PopMatters - August 10th, 2020
- Creation, conscience and the bomb | Earthbeat - National Catholic Reporter - August 10th, 2020
- DREAMS OF WALDEN POND: The Way of Liberal Religion - Patheos - August 10th, 2020
- Let's Show Power! Rev Abbeam Danso and Apostle Nkum challenge The Mystic Twins to open battle - GhanaWeb - August 10th, 2020
- Jacob S. Rugh: An open letter to the BYU Committee on Race, Equity, and Belonging - Salt Lake Tribune - August 10th, 2020
- Your Weekly Horoscope News: August 10th - August 17th - Sporteluxe - August 10th, 2020
- #482 Author and Intuitive Michael McAdams and His Book, An Angel Told Me So - BlogTalkRadio - August 8th, 2020
- Hinduism Survived Years Of Raids Through Its Inclusiveness, Not Violence And Bloodshed - Outlook India - August 8th, 2020
- A rebuttal to Sam George's mid-length propaganda: "The path to enlightenment ain't easy. We get it through trial, struggle, self-flagellation.... - August 8th, 2020
- Dimension of Krishna Sadhana - The New Indian Express - August 8th, 2020
- Why Bodh Gaya is Considered the Navel of the Earth - Ancient Origins - August 8th, 2020
- 6 Facts About Water Lilies That Will Make You Love Them Even More - MSN Money - August 8th, 2020
- Satan in the Times | John Mark N. Reynolds - Patheos - August 8th, 2020
- How To Meditate, Body Scan, Breathe Mindfully And Become More Present - elle.com - August 8th, 2020
- When panic disorder hits a nation - The Star Online - August 8th, 2020
- World Teacher and Happy Science Founder Ryuho Okawa Introduces Four Principles of Happiness that Transcends Race and Religion in His New Book... - August 8th, 2020
- ARTIST: Zachary Ian Garden featured in The Art of Tattooists - The News Herald - August 7th, 2020
- Honey I Joined A Cult Coming To Brainwash PCs in 2021 - GameSpace.com - August 7th, 2020
- Pick of the Podcasts: Guru, Calm Down Dear, Give Me Some Good News - The Sunday Post - August 7th, 2020
- Excerpt: From the Translators Note to Rumi; A New Collection Selected and Translated by Farrukh Dh... - Hindustan Times - August 6th, 2020
- 'History will judge us' Have progressive UK rabbis reached end of the road on Israel? - Mondoweiss - August 6th, 2020
- Chulayarnnon Siriphol on Finding Ways to Express Opinions - Ocula Magazine - August 6th, 2020
- Speech and Slavery in the West Indies | by Fara Dabhoiwala - The New York Review of Books - August 6th, 2020
- Power of 5am thoughts - The New Indian Express - August 4th, 2020
- India is a spiritual country, but we're still not taking the wealth of the Bhagavad Gita: Vedanta scholar Jaya Row - The New Indian Express - August 4th, 2020
- The Sacrifice of All Doubts - Kashmir Reader - August 4th, 2020
- View the awe-inspiring Hermitage of St. Sava - Aleteia IT - August 4th, 2020
- A Suitable Boy: Seven films to watch that are set in India - Spectator.co.uk - August 3rd, 2020
- Chingy wants to uplift with self-reflective new album, 'Crown Jewel' - STLtoday.com - August 3rd, 2020
- Feds sprayed chemicals into the eyes of a retired ER nurse and veteran - Street Roots News - August 3rd, 2020
- The American Founding vindicated against its foes on the Right and Left - MercatorNet - August 3rd, 2020
- Lam Tian Xings Anthem of the Calamus is an ode to Hong Kongs resilient spirit - Lifestyle Asia - August 3rd, 2020
- Asking the Clergy: Why is patience a virtue in difficult times? - Newsday - July 31st, 2020
- El Topo: The weirdest western ever made - BBC News - July 29th, 2020
- Lam Tian-xings Anthem of the Calamus is an ode to Hong Kongs resilient spirit - Lifestyle Asia - July 29th, 2020
- Corruption, the Devaluation of the Human Spirit and the Futures of Black Humanity (2) - The News - July 29th, 2020
- 'It took genius to chisel these buttocks' the top 10 bottoms in art, chosen by our critic - The Guardian - July 29th, 2020
- Hippy In the Mikvah - Lubavitch.com - July 29th, 2020
- Author Louis Belmont announces new article series on the Spirituality Industry - PR Web - July 27th, 2020
- Underground Seven Room Khankah Cave Of Kashmir Discovered At Shah Nugri Mawal Handwara - 5 Dariya News - July 27th, 2020
- How Staying Away From Sex and Masturbation Helped Me Become a Millionaire - VICE - July 27th, 2020
- Vice President asks students not to get disturbed by the Covid induced disruption in academic schedule - India Education Diary - July 27th, 2020
- History will judge us Have Progressive Rabbis reached the end of the road on Israel? - Patheos - July 27th, 2020
- Olis claim that Ram was born in Nepal highlights dangers of mixing pop nationalism with pop history - Scroll.in - July 27th, 2020
- Lightworkers Sanctuary Has Taken Precautions During The Coronavirus Shutdown And Is Now Open - Press Release - Digital Journal - July 25th, 2020
- John Dunbars Mystical Transformation in Dances with Wolves - Film School Rejects - July 25th, 2020
- 'Museums must evolve or they will not exist': Curator Adam Szymczyk Speaks Out on the Future of Museums, Colonialism and his documenta 14 - frieze.com - July 25th, 2020
- How Taiwanese death rituals have adapted for families living in the US - The Conversation US - July 25th, 2020
- As I See It: Dealing with golfs ugly history and contradictions - Worcester Telegram - July 25th, 2020
- Listen up to be inspired and have your spirits lifted - Bishop's Stortford Independent - July 25th, 2020
- A Beginners Guide to Healing Crystals With Amber the Alchemist - Vogue - July 22nd, 2020
- The Seeker: Show Love Its the Bhagavad Way - qcnerve.com - July 22nd, 2020
- Are You An Assimilated Orthodox Jew? - The Jewish Press - JewishPress.com - July 22nd, 2020
- How Taiwanese death rituals have adapted for families living in the US - Jacksonville Journal-Courier - July 22nd, 2020
- How Taiwanese death rituals have adapted for families living in the US - Fairfield Citizen - July 21st, 2020
- Obituary: Kelly Preston, who memorably floored Tom Cruise in Jerry Maguire film - HeraldScotland - July 19th, 2020
- The parenting show that rises above the surfeit podcasts of the week - The Guardian - July 19th, 2020
- The Adventurous Lectionary The Eighth Sunday after Pentecost July 26, 2020 - Patheos - July 19th, 2020
- Religion and enforcement of COVID-19 protocols - Guardian - July 19th, 2020
- Post-COVID-19 thoughts: Sustainable development and Buddhism - ft.lk - July 19th, 2020
- Kelly Preston and John Travolta: Devoted Scientologist couple tried to resurrect son Jett after his tragic dea - MEAWW - July 18th, 2020
- Christ Above All or The Integration of Faith, Values, and Learning: the Crisis of this Last Age of Man (Part I) - Patheos - July 18th, 2020