Its no new story that yoga was first introduced in India. People from all over the world visit this spiritual country to learn the holistic teachings of Yoga. The traditional art of Yoga has been kept alive for many centuries for the mental and physical well-being of people. So, long before people even had the idea of gym or fitness, Yoga was doing its part to maintain the wellness of people.
All the sages and yogis started residing in Rishikesh over the years. A major reason for this was the holy river Ganges. In Hindu mythology, the river Ganges is considered prestigious and sacred, which is why Hindus worship the river. Taking a dip in the water is known to wash away the sins of people. So, this became a major attraction for people. Other than that, the lush-green mountains add more beauty and divinity to this location. It is considered a mystical place with a serene aroma attached to it. Rishikesh became a home for the seekers of enlightenment. As Rishikesh was already a holy point for the locals of India, slowly the activities started to seep in. Yoga started gaining its popularity in this land. So, many yoga programs were getting introduced in yoga schools and ashrams because of the increasing demand. Yoga gurus started getting attention from the West too.
Now, the main credit of Rishikesh being discovered goes to the English rock and pop band- The Beatles. It was after their visit in 1968 to learn transcendental meditation from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi that Rishikesh gained the attention of the masses in the West. That was the turning point. Tourists and wanderers came in to look for a rejuvenating experience, and they werent disappointed. The place is very peaceful, and people are always curious to visit The Beatles ashram, where they visited and started their spiritual journey.
Rishikesh is known to be the birthplace of Yoga, and the city of saints. It is one of the oldest pilgrimage places of India. It is a gateway to your spiritual world. It is known as Tapobhumi, a place for Yoga and Meditation. The place is filled with spiritual energy in between the emerald Himalayas. It is believed that during the ancient times, a rishi, Raibhya was sitting on the banks of river Ganges and performed various yoga asanas and intense practices. According to ancient mythology it is believed that Lord Vishnu appeared and gave him blessings. Since then, the traffic of spiritual seekers, yogis increased threefold when saints started meditating and doing sadhanas near the holy river.
There are innumerable yoga centers in Rishikesh and it became a common point for the saints, yogis, and seekers to connect and elevate their potential through Yoga and sadhanas. Many yoga teacher training and yoga retreats were starting to take over the market of Rishikesh more rapidly than ever. Before we knew it, Rishikesh became the world capital of yoga teacher training in India. Many yoga programs like 200-hour yoga teacher training (YTT), 300-hour YTT, and 500-hour YTT started became popular. These programs ensured that aspiring yogis, who can complete the 1 month to 3 months courses, gain the eligibility to be a global-level yoga teacher.
From that point on Rishikesh became the hub for yogic studies. People from different corners of the world were drawn to this ancient city to immerse in the authentic teachings of yoga. The spiritual aura of the town served as the perfect abode to learn the ancient science from its roots. Till date, Rishikesh continues to draw millions from across the world to its lap to discover the secrets of this timeless practice.
Why is Rishikesh the Yoga Capital of the World?
Mental and Physical health
The practices of Yoga include both mental and physical exercises. The most famous and oldest yoga style was Hatha Yoga which eventually gave birth to many other modern forms like Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga which exist today. With the growing tensions in the world, chaos has nestled in our competitive and busy lives. The lifestyles and eating habits have become insanely poor, and therefore the illnesses and diseases have conquered the bodies and minds of people. To protect you from damage, a little bit of effort and patience is needed. Yoga is a natural way of healing; so the practices of Hatha yoga, Meditation, Pranayama, Ashtanga yoga got the recognition it deserved by showcasing the required results. This way of balancing and harmonizing ones mind, body, and soul got popularized in the West rather quickly.
Cleansing and detoxifying purposes
Living like a yogi isnt easy especially if you are used to city life. Here, you will be cutting out your obsessions with the materialistic world, so that you can look within and internalize your thoughts. Getting to know your body is a part of the yoga practice through Yoga anatomy. Whatever we are consuming affects the body in some way or the other, therefore combining the practices of Yoga with Ayurveda is the best advice you can get from any esteemed yogi. This is an herbal way to detoxify your body, cleanse the body of all the toxins, and it purifies your soul.
A natural way of healing
We cannot be more thankful to the yogis who incorporated yoga in the Vedic scriptures and the following books like Hatha Yoga pradipika, etc. Throwing light on this natural way of healing has saved the lives of people long before the hospitals ever existed. This therapeutic way of living keeps you away from illnesses and diseases which attack the system. In the foothills of the Himalayas, you can nurture yourself and others around you with self-awareness, and connecting with nature.
The community of yoga gurus and spiritual seekers
Rishikesh was the hub of yogis for many years, even before the Beatles stepped in. This community of yogis has only increased over time, by attracting many spiritual seekers to the city. The yoga gurus of Rishikesh are considered as the most astounded yogis in the entire world for their dedication, years of experience, and learning. The main essence of spirituality is sparked by your teacher or yoga guru who becomes the guide to help you walk on the path of enlightenment. Here, all the like-minded people grow and transform themselves with the life-changing practices of yoga under established gurus of yoga ashrams/schools.
The divine spiritual energy
Leave your city and just visit Rishikesh to check the difference in the vibrational energy of Rishikesh. The place is covered in lush-green scenery, pristine waters, and tranquil air. It is not a polluted city and is rather refreshing. The tourists have noticed the peaceful vibe amidst nature in Rishikesh, which makes this spiritual journey even more interesting. It is a perfect place to unwind your thoughts, and fill yourself up with positive energies and natural force.
All of these reasons make Rishikesh the most-preferred destination in the whole world for the teachings of yoga. Come and unlock your internal power through Yoga to live a more rejuvenating, fulfilling, and healthy life.
Continue reading here:
- Faith in the Vortex - SpokaneFVS - spokanefavs.com - May 15th, 2020
- Alton Masons Debut Short Film Is an Ode to the Creative Spirit of Lagos - Vogue - May 15th, 2020
- The history of yoga in a readable book - The Hindu - May 15th, 2020
- We deciphered Matt Corral and Grant Tisdales closely-timed tweets from over the weekend - Red Cup Rebellion - May 15th, 2020
- We will gather in the glow - Aspen Daily News - May 15th, 2020
- PART 3 My Search for the One True God - Block Island Times - May 15th, 2020
- Future feel uncertain? See what's in the cards with a virtual psychic reading - 7x7 - May 15th, 2020
- Soul on Fire: Louise Hay's message still resonates in today's world - Coast News - May 15th, 2020
- Netflix: The Untamed Is The Perfect Quarantine Binge - GameSpot - May 15th, 2020
- General Hospital Spoilers Updates: Tension Grows Between Sam And Brando - Will They Hit The Sheets? - Celebrating The Soaps - May 15th, 2020
- As we struggle through the pandemic, persevere, keep praying, hold Lord's hand - Catholic Herald - May 15th, 2020
- Feeling anxious? Its good to talk or even shout and scream - The Irish Times - May 15th, 2020
- In Uzbekistan, Coming to Terms With the Countrys Dazzling History - The New York Times - May 15th, 2020
- Revelling in isolation lessons from Mars and India - The Hindu - May 15th, 2020
- My End is My Beginning: A wild sci-fi ride at the end of the world - Middle East Eye - May 15th, 2020
- The Number 88 Is Spiritual - Only Deep Thinkers Like Akufo-Addo Will Decide To Build 88 Hospitals - Says Actor Prince David Osei - Peace FM Online - May 3rd, 2020
- Conscious Moon Podcast is spreading spiritual enlightenment through topics like alternative healing, 5D consciousness and more - Press Release -... - May 3rd, 2020
- The poetics of universal imagination - The Sunday Guardian - May 3rd, 2020
- The Buddha's impeccable wisdom - Sunday Observer - May 3rd, 2020
- Gautam Buddha: The epitome of humanity and knowledge sharing - Khabarhub - May 3rd, 2020
- Akufo-Addo is a deep thinker hence his move to improve the health systems in Ghana David Osei - GhanaWeb - May 3rd, 2020
- SAS: Who Dares Wins Ollie Ollerton reveals horrific childhood circus chimp attack left him addicted to booze - The Sun - May 3rd, 2020
- The Adventurous Lectionary The Fifth Sunday of Easter May 10,2020 - Patheos - May 3rd, 2020
- Karen Armstrong: The Lost Art of Reading Scripture - Tricycle - Tricycle - May 3rd, 2020
- Obituary: The Rt Revd Simon Barrington-Ward 01 May 2020 - Church Times - May 3rd, 2020
- Zoon Travels to the Past, Present, and Future on Light Prism - American Songwriter - May 3rd, 2020
- Review: 'Beyond the Visible: Hilma af Klint,' obscurity to art world star - Los Angeles Times - April 23rd, 2020
- 'Conspirituality' the overlap between the New Age and conspiracy beliefs - Elemental - April 23rd, 2020
- The purpose of life on earthOpinion - Guardian - April 23rd, 2020
- Duncan Trussell Discusses His Personal Journey to The Midnight Gospel - Bleeding Cool News - April 23rd, 2020
- As coronavirus cases fall, South Koreans warned not to lift their guard - The Times - April 23rd, 2020
- Having difficulty meditating? Here are meditation tips to manage restlessness - Republic World - Republic World - April 23rd, 2020
- Happy Ramadan 2020: Wishes, quotes, SMS, messages, Shayari, Facebook and WhatsApp status to share with family and friends - Jagran English - April 23rd, 2020
- A History of Disease, Faith, and Recovery in Rome - Hyperallergic - April 23rd, 2020
- If the Climate Was a Bank, They Would Have Already Rescued It: 50th Anniversary of #EarthDay - Patheos - April 23rd, 2020
- Protesters rally in Harrisburg to demand Wolf reopen economy - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader - April 23rd, 2020
- Greatest rock song of the 20th century - CapeGazette.com - April 21st, 2020
- 'It is part of my spiritual life': the people who take running to the extreme - The Guardian - April 21st, 2020
- Was the Revolution About Reason? - American Greatness - April 21st, 2020
- When the medium is the messenger the art of communicating with spirits - Apollo Magazine - April 21st, 2020
- Art in times of coronavirus 100 inspiring quotes on World Art Day 2020 - YourStory - April 21st, 2020
- Coronavirus outbreak brings into focus elements of blind faith, bigotry in society and the need to... - Firstpost - April 21st, 2020
- MusicWatch Monthly: Send the fool further - Oregon ArtsWatch - April 2nd, 2020
- ALL WE HAVE IS NOW. THE POWER OF NOW BY ECKHART TOLLE. - Thrive Global - April 2nd, 2020
- 5 Buddhist teachings that can help you deal with coronavirus anxiety - Midland Daily News - April 2nd, 2020
- Inside the May 2020 issue of Lion's Roar magazine - Lion's Roar - April 2nd, 2020
- Sampa the Great makes uplifting spiritual soul on The Return - Chicago Reader - April 2nd, 2020
- Commentary: Will there be Easter? - The San Diego Union-Tribune - April 2nd, 2020
- The Emerging Right-Wing Vision of Constitutional Authoritarianism - The New Republic - April 2nd, 2020
- How the Ice Cube Lost Its Mystery - News Parliament - April 2nd, 2020
- Positive thinking modeOpinion - Guardian - April 2nd, 2020
- Is the God of Love also the God of Suffering? - Patheos - April 2nd, 2020
- Born To Rule: Sovereignty in International Law - Modern Diplomacy - April 2nd, 2020
- What Are Guardian Angels and How Can I Connect With Mine? - Beliefnet - April 2nd, 2020
- Why has God forsaken humanity in the time of the Coronavirus Pandemic? - Asian Tribune - April 2nd, 2020
- The Tarot Card Collection by Sofia Zakia for Inner Enlightenment - JCK - March 31st, 2020
- Apocalypse Now and Not Yet: N. T. Wright's Recovery of the Apocalyptic Imagination - Patheos - March 31st, 2020
- Illness as imagination - Times of India - March 31st, 2020
- Color Therapy: Yellow - vmagazine.com - March 31st, 2020
- Model Angela Martini: Here Is How To Survive And Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person - Thrive Global - March 31st, 2020
- Chant these Shanti Mantras for universal peace and wellness - Times Now - March 31st, 2020
- Feast of the Passover - THISDAY Newspapers - March 31st, 2020
- A big bookmark in our lives: York County Libraries are here for you with eBooks - York Daily Record - March 31st, 2020
- Frank Oceans Monks & the Fantasy of Worship - DJBooth - March 31st, 2020
- Opinion: Coronavirus is the greatest challenge we've faced in generations. Altruism is how to overcome it - The Globe and Mail - March 31st, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment: What It Is and How to Experience It - March 16th, 2020
- 5 Things You Should Know About Spiritual Enlightenment ... - March 16th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Truths & Paths | Live and Dare - March 16th, 2020
- What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? - March 16th, 2020
- Agnes Pelton Joins the Underappreciated Female Artists Finally Getting Their Due With a Major New Show at the Whitney - Vogue - March 16th, 2020
- Jefferson Hack: The Beauty and Violence of Willy Vanderperre's Photography - AnOther Magazine - March 16th, 2020
- We Need to Resacralize the World - lareviewofbooks - March 16th, 2020
- Agnes Pelton Went to the Desert in Search of Solace. Her Paintings at the Whitney Show She Found Something Magical There - artnet News - March 16th, 2020
- Opinion: General Buratai in the eyes of the people by Abe Kolawole - Latest News in Nigeria & Breaking Naija News 24/7 | LEGIT.NG - March 16th, 2020
- Digital Wisdom in the Time of Coronavirus Disease 2019 - Patheos - March 16th, 2020
- Reflections for the III Sunday of Lent - Vatican News - March 16th, 2020
- Black business and superstition - Bulawayo24 News - March 16th, 2020
- Spiritual Enlightenment | Enlightened Beings - March 13th, 2020
- The 3 Stages Of Spiritual Enlightenment : In5D - March 13th, 2020
- Where Is Our World Heading? - Chapter 29 of Positivity Bias - Chabad.org - March 13th, 2020