Our friends at Grimmfest have announced a very cool series of All-Dayers, single days devoted to horror cinema pioneers and trailblazers.
In the back half of this new year the festival will pay tribute to Tobe Hooper, David Cronenberg, John Carpenter and Wes Craven. Each All-Dayers will include choice selections from each filmmakers filmography.
And right now they are hosting a social media competition to win an amazing Grimmfest horror movie goodie bag and 2 x passes for our first event, TOBE HOOPER ALL-DAYER.
See all the films from each day and find the link to the Tobe Hooper contest below.
In 2020, Grimmfest and Horror Channel pays tribute to four Legends of Horror, in the suitably elegant, art-deco surroundings of Stockport Plaza. Experience classics of the genre in suitably grand, elegant style, in the most beautiful Picture Palace in the region.
Join us through 2020 for some classic horror movies from four of the truly great directors, Tobe Hooper (9/2/20), David Cronenberg (8/3/20), John Carpenter (9/5/20) and Wes Craven (5/7/20). 16 movies in total over 4 special day events.
All events start at 1.00pm prompt!
TOBE HOOPER SUNDAY 9/2/20
No matter where youre going its the wrong place. Tobe Hooper.
TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (18 Cert)
Described as an exercise in the pornography of terror by James Ferman, former head of the BBFC, it was recently added to the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in 1981.
POLTERGEIST (114 mins) (15 Cert)
Theyre heeeeerrrre! Spielberg tries his hand at horror, but is smart enough to enlist Hooper to direct.
TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 (18 Cert)
Leatherface is back. And this time hes got Dennis Hopper to answer to.
SALEMS LOT (180 mins) (15 Cert)
Nosferatu in Small Town America, in Hoopers classic adaptation of Stephen Kings novel.
DAVID CRONENBERG - SUNDAY 8/3/20
Everybodys a mad scientist, and life is their lab. Were all trying to experiment to find a way to live, to solve problems, to fend off madness and chaos. David Cronenberg.
RABID (15 Cert)
In the wake of the Soska Twins recent remake, a chance to revisit the stark, bleak original; the film in which Marilyn Chambers truly is insatiable.
VIDEODROME (18 Cert)
Long live the new flesh! Remember the whole video nasties hysteria of the 1980s? Fear of what exposure to such things might be doing to the young? It could have been a lot worse.
THE FLY (18 Cert)
There was an old lady who swallowed a fly. I dont know why. Perhaps shell die One of the genres greatest ever love stories. Yes, seriously.
CRASH (18 Cert)
Cronenbergs cinematic reimagining of J.G Ballards novel was described as beyond the bounds of depravity by critic Alexander Walker. The perfect combination of filmmaker and source material, in other words.
JOHN CARPENTER - SATURDAY 9/5/20
In France, Im an auteur, in Germany a filmmaker, in England a genre film director, in the USA a bum! John Carpenter.
PRINCE OF DARKNESS (15 Cert)
Carpenters homage to Nigel Kneales Quatermass series. With added satanism. And Alice Cooper.
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA (15 Cert)
Every 70s martial arts movie you ever loved put into a blender, and then thrown at Kurt Russell. Who comes out fighting.
THEY LIVE (18 Cert)
Rowdy Roddy Piper is all out of chewing gum. Those alien invaders had better watch out. The perfect combination of poltical satire and all-in wrestling.
IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS (15 Cert)
Gods not supposed to be a hack horror writer. But lets face it, that would actually explain a lot
WES CRAVEN - SUNDAY 5/7/20
Wes Craven reinvented horror at least four times. Most directors dont even manage it once. Kim Newman.
THE HILLS HAVE EYES (18 Cert)
Family values in conflict; a stark and brutal confrontation between civilisation and savagery in which the lines between the two become increasingly blurred.
SCREAM (18 Cert)
- Modern Satanism | Spiral Nature Magazine - April 1st, 2020
- The Evolution of Modern Satanism in the United States - Time - April 1st, 2020
- The Satanic Temple Has The Best Response To The COVID-19 Pandemic Yet - HillReporter.com - March 27th, 2020
- Adulting in the Beyond | Review of Extra Ordinary - Washington Examiner - March 25th, 2020
- Satanism - Founders, Philosophies & Branches - HISTORY - February 29th, 2020
- Types of Satanism and Their Beliefs - learnreligions.com - February 29th, 2020
- A Modern Witch's Guide to Paris: Where to Find the Occult and Esoteric - Frenchly - January 30th, 2020
- The best movies of 2019 that you haven't seen - The Guardian - January 5th, 2020
- Catholic Exorcist Warns of Rise in 'Aggressive Satanism' Among Young People - Newsweek - December 26th, 2019
- Pagan Community Notes: Restricted access to Stonehenge during Solstice, Waverly Fitzgerald crosses, 44000-year-old cave painting, and more! - The Wild... - December 21st, 2019
- Are these the 20 scariest horror movies of all time? - TheSpec.com - October 16th, 2019
- 40 Scariest Halloween Movies of All Time - Best Classic Horror Movies - Esquire - October 1st, 2019
- Satanism - Wikipedia - April 27th, 2019
- Theistic Satanism - Wikipedia - April 27th, 2019
- The Occult and Satanism in America - The American TFP - March 20th, 2019
- We are using witchcraft, Satanism and magic confesses ... - March 3rd, 2019
- Modern Paganism - Wikipedia - October 6th, 2018
- o 9 a - October 6th, 2018
- The Satanic Bible - Wikipedia - July 27th, 2018
- Satanism | occult practice | Britannica.com - July 6th, 2018
- Freemasonry: Midwife to an Occult Empire - June 13th, 2018
- F.A.Q. Fundamental Beliefs | churchofsatan.com - June 2nd, 2018
- Satanism | Hollywood Subliminals - March 4th, 2018
- The Luciferian next door A modern face of satanism and ... - February 27th, 2018
- The Origins Of Modern Zionism & Satanism ... - February 9th, 2018
- Neo-vlkisch movements - Wikipedia - January 27th, 2018
- Important Women of Satanism - Diane LaVey - Spiritual ... - January 24th, 2018
- Why Some Christians Are Calling White Supremacy 'Satanic' - HuffPost - August 25th, 2017
- Wash Post column cheers Satan, jeers Christians - WND.com - August 25th, 2017
- I'm a founder of the Satanic Temple. Don't blame Satan for white ... - Washington Post - August 25th, 2017
- Court orders new trial in satanic sacrificial murder case RT America - Standard Republic (press release) (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- Satanic Leader Calls Upon Christian America to Face Their Contribution to Racist Right - Patheos (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- The Devil's Cradle: The Story of Finnish Black Metal - The Gauntlet - August 25th, 2017
- I'm a founder of the Satanic Temple. Don't blame Satan for white supremacy. - Washington Post - August 24th, 2017
- A Brief But Very Informative History of How Fascists Infiltrated Punk ... - Noisey - August 24th, 2017
- We Asked Diehard Swedish Metalheads What They Consider to be 'Metal' - Noisey - August 22nd, 2017
- Nottinghamshire sees increase in Witchcraft complaints | The Wild ... - The Wild Hunt - August 12th, 2017
- The Wild Hunt | Tag Archive | paranormal investigation - The Wild Hunt - August 11th, 2017
- Secular doctors are realizing that demonic possession is real, and needs special attention - Catholic Online - August 7th, 2017
- Nocturnes Mist announce Sept 15th release of "Diabolical Baptism" - The Gauntlet - August 5th, 2017
- 'Embrace ICT with caution' - The Herald - August 4th, 2017
- Kangaroo Court: Of Chief Lundu orders to ban ECG church | Malawi ... - Nyasa Times - August 2nd, 2017
- Coltrain: Satanism and paganism are not the same thing - The Daily Iowan - July 24th, 2017
- How the Satanic Temple Became a Queer Haven - VICE - July 24th, 2017
- It's Time to Overanalyze the First American Horror Story: Cult Teaser - POPSUGAR - July 22nd, 2017
- Neo-Pagan Witchcraft vs Satanism - June 29th, 2017
- Modern Satanism | Prometheism.net - Part 7 - June 27th, 2017
- Satanism Making Comeback Through Witchcraft and Atheism: Rabbi - Breaking Israel News - June 27th, 2017
- Outlast 2 Garishly Exploits Your Sexual Hangups For Horror - Paste Magazine - June 24th, 2017
- Ritual Skulls and Other Magical Objects, in Photos - Atlas Obscura - June 23rd, 2017
- Christians and Jews Combat Witches' Summer Solstice Satanic ... - CBN News - June 22nd, 2017
- Paganism Is Back! Now What Are We Christians Going to Do? - Patheos (blog) - June 21st, 2017
- The Occult Roots of Modernism - The New Yorker - June 20th, 2017
- Modern Satanism: Anatomy of a Radical Subculture - Chris ... - June 17th, 2017
- The Alt-Right Is the Modern, Hideous Face of White Supremacy - AlterNet - June 12th, 2017
- Witch Hunts, Resurgence and Defiance: Heavy Metal In The Middle East - The Quietus - June 12th, 2017
- Understanding contemporary white supremacy: Is the alt-right really something new? - Salon - June 11th, 2017
- Catholic Priest: MN Park's New Monument Will Attract Satanists Who Want to Molest Kids - Patheos (blog) - June 10th, 2017
- Modern Satanism | Prometheism.net - June 8th, 2017
- The Gallows Pole By Benjamin Myers: A Playlist - The Quietus - June 6th, 2017
- In literature and art from over 100 years ago, images of the cow as mother - The Indian Express - April 8th, 2017
- 'Bible torching,' 'neo-satanic' college group planned 'lamb sacrifice' at Clemson University - TheBlaze.com - March 12th, 2017
- The Awolowo legacy and its message for Nigerian youths - Tribune - NIGERIAN TRIBUNE (press release) (blog) - March 12th, 2017
- The Awolowo Legacy And Its Message For Nigerian Youths | The ... - The News - March 9th, 2017
- Modern Satanism | Prometheism.net - Part 2 - March 6th, 2017
- Witchcraft is the new feminism - NME.com (blog) - March 6th, 2017
- How Does the New Turkish Curriculum Look Like? Conservative Changes Dominate - PoliticalCritique.org - March 2nd, 2017
- Delusions of Antiquity - Splice Today - February 24th, 2017
- Zeal & Ardor Devil is Fine: Album Stream - The Independent - February 20th, 2017
- Coming to America: The History of Mail-Order Brides - Utne Reader Online - February 20th, 2017
- Deconstructing Pagan religions - Daily News & Analysis - February 18th, 2017
- Weekly roundup of world briefs from JTA - Heritage Florida Jewish News - February 18th, 2017
- Female cultism in Nigerian universities and other dangerous cults - NAIJ.COM - February 15th, 2017
- Russian Lawmaker Says Jews Once 'Boiled Us In Cauldrons' - Forward - February 14th, 2017
- The Week in Art: Sarah Crowner at the Guggenheim's Wright Restaurant and Jake and Dinos Chapman in LA - artnet News - February 7th, 2017
- Unhinged 'Professor' Whose Hissy Fit at NYU Went Viral Turns Out to Be Lobster Porn Artist - PJ Media - February 7th, 2017
- Christians think 'the Rapture' is coming and the signs are already here - Metro - February 7th, 2017
- Modern Satanism: Anatomy of a Radical Subculture by Chris ... - February 5th, 2017
- Satanism - RationalWiki - December 11th, 2016
- An Introduction to LaVeyan Satanism and the Church of Satan - December 10th, 2016